Solutions for Mindark to remove lootable pvp in space

but is space broken?
Hundreds of players log out of the game to achieve an advantage in the game eg flying to another planet.
Its one of the most glaring design issues in entropia if you incentivize your players to leave the game.
The issue is worse then any other issue ingame simply because a player who isnt ingame does not generate revenue for mindark and yet it has remained being ignored for so long by so many that some perceive it as normal and intended and forget how it all startet back in 2011.

And yet Mindark clearly is trying to avoid throwing any ressources at fixing what cost them hundredthousands of gaming hours of their customers to this day (what was their average earnings per hour game time again ?)
So why not spent a few dozend dev hours on suggested fixes that would make space non lootable and very busy at the same time removing player idle times not just of those logging out but also of those flying afk and increasing mindarks overall revenue while removing boredom/fear/anger/frustration of their players and give them opportunities and challenges instead.

Hundreds of players log out of the game to achieve an advantage in the game eg flying to another planet.
Its one of the most glaring design issues in entropia if you incentivize your players to leave the game.
The issue is worse then any other issue ingame simply because a player who isnt ingame does not generate revenue for mindark and yet it has remained being ignored for so long by so many that some perceive it as normal and intended and forget how it all startet back in 2011.
i think players that use macros to hunt nonstop does far more damage to the games reputation, especially when MA says automated play not allowed but then does nothing about the botters. Think a lot of you are just blowing things out of proportion and at the same time never acknowledging how much you all do to ruin the game.

i think players that use macros to hunt nonstop does far more damage to the games reputation, especially when MA says automated play not allowed but then does nothing about the botters. Think a lot of you are just blowing things out of proportion and at the same time never acknowledging how much you all do to ruin the game.
I think this is more your personal view then a bussiness figure for mindark, they do earn alot from players playing the game in a range of different ways and clearly design items and features ingame to accomodate such playstyles (an increasingly large number of players seem to use keyboard makros since a mindark employee made that halfofficial statement here on pcf).
I am aware that you are very outspoken about botters in many threads on pcf but i also see you accusing alot of players who do not bot for what you perceive to be botting. There is more harm in creating a toxic community where everyone 'spies' on their neighbour and accuses them for things that didnt happen but could have. This is an online game after all and it lives from its community and how that community respects one another has a massive impact on player retention in the long run.
I have many times hunted in your vicinity and not gotten a greeting back from you even when you still used to travel with me (which you did secure for many years), some players seem to use that as all the proof they need, i just consider it life/distractions as well as too many chatchannels, everyone has their reasons.
In my case with thousands of contacts on my friendslist due to transport service activities i tend to have quiet days and absolute crazy days with everything inbetween to the point where i started organizing myself to have communication times where i might not answer every pm as i see it coming in but a whole range of pms when my game activity is better suited for chatting, be it that i hunt mobs where i dont have to press F every 1-3seconds or i run flights, have a crafting run or simply take a break.
You will find many many post by myself on this forum calling on mindark to incentivice active gameplay far more then automated ones, to create dynamic situations that scripts/bots will fail to utilize and lets face it the largest mu isnt in turning over the largest amount of ped its about your ability to predict or anticipate where reasonable chances to extraordinary mu exist. You wont see these things if you just look at logfile numbers out of context, you have to actually be there watch the game and see as much as possible from the indicators that lead to results.

Last edited:
I'm thinking for while what can work to remove the lootable pvp because its just to broken and starts to much drama also they have to keep the economy of the planets, that's their main goal.

So i was thinking the only solution could be to increase so much the oil consumption in space that a warp is cheaper than flying and decreasing also the speed so it will take you a long period to reach a planet.

What you guys see as solution ?
i downvoted because
1. it is not a solution in fact i can give you a "Warp MIne" BP that you can click to damage warping vessels so the myth that warp ios 100% safe is a myth
2. the problem is BURGLARS stealing loot the solution is spend more to move... explain me the relationship of cause-effect to spend more vs avoid PK

I pose 2 alternative solutions
1. global auction so from ANY planet can post and buy without delivery fees (remove PVP with centralized transfer of goods)
2. remove PVP flag from space (and also from planet pvp zones because we are here to kill mosnters and not people)
3. pose inter-planet teleporters that once used for 7 ped like the monria/caly facility reward 6,90 ped equally splitted among all "taxi vehicles" to compensate the lss of revenues for ships

sorry for the THIEVES, i will never back PK where money is involved, it is a felony.

i downvoted because
1. it is not a solution in fact i can give you a "Warp MIne" BP that you can click to damage warping vessels so the myth that warp ios 100% safe is a myth
2. the problem is BURGLARS stealing loot the solution is spend more to move... explain me the relationship of cause-effect to spend more vs avoid PK

1. global auction so from ANY planet can post and buy without delivery fees (remove PVP with centralized transfer of goods)
2. remove PVP flag from space (and also from planet pvp zones because we are here to kill mosnters and not people)
3. pose inter-planet teleporters that once used for 7 ped like the monria/caly facility reward 6,90 ped equally splitted among all "taxi vehicles" to compensate the lss of revenues for ships

sorry for the THIEVES, i will never back PK where money is involved, it is a felony.

Man global auction wont work, they want to preserve somehow the economy of the planets.

Whats wrong with using warps ? Thats what i fucking dislike most about the noob/medium player mentality...

Hammer is and has always been honorable and the most honest player.

He is spot on.

Space has issues with design.

As a player who goes there twice a year I can tell you:

- Im never quite sure where lootable pvp starts
- thats because when you are thrown into space, you need to navigate in 3 dim which is not natural in a FPS game
- map being 2D doesnt help that point

In ground lootable PVP you are atleast stopped by lack of toxic shot. In space its lootable pvp, bam, here.

Clear indicators in form of some forcefields or some other visualisation aid would be a great start. And then take it from there.

I.

Well, the boundary may as well be considered 2-D as it's vertical everywhere I think, so only need to think of the 2-D map space you see as shown.
Most of the quadrant is safe if there is a planet there, so the mob fields for each planet are safe. Further than that and you are a traveller anyway and WILL come across lootable as it currently stands. Basically: safe, unsafe, server border to next unsafe, safe again - if planets are next to each other.
Room for improvement, though, for sure...

Maybe MA should hire actual gamers for the R and D department. It's so easy to et an idea from a game for what the economy should look like and for what space should look like. for examples the game port royale has neat separate township economies. space games are a dime a dozen and this one happens to be the absolute worst possible space game in the world. i'd sure like to see a GAMER get some ideas through to the MA devs.

i downvoted because

So because YOU do not like this aspect of the game it should just outright be removed, that makes sense..

If you go to a restaurant and do not like an item on the menu, should they stop serving it to everyone?

Or.... here is a thought.... Don't order it?? Mind blown.

So because YOU do not like this aspect of the game it should just outright be removed, that makes sense..

If you go to a restaurant and do not like an item on the menu, should they stop serving it to everyone?

Or.... here is a thought.... Don't order it?? Mind blown.
i am pretty ok to have a TOGGLE PVP OFF and dont order the dish i dont like.
wait.. i am in the restaurant it has a red line going to toilet, someone kick my groin steal my wallet and the waiter says "hell man, it is stated that to go to toilet there is a burglar-allowed zone, your bad you should have pissed in the champagne bucket"
yes it makes sense.
sorry no change in my mind. Lootable is a shit, and i will never back it.

Last edited:
in the restaurant it has a red line going to toilet
Good reply there. My thought was that you have to order several courses in the restaurant and it includes one course you don't want anything of - but you have to endure it to 'enjoy' other items from the rest of the range.

I've never liked the forcing of lootable pvp, with a way around it after all of logging out of the game whilst being transported that includes out-of-game communication channels as well. It remains one of the craziest lootholes [genuine typo] I can think of. I'm fine with making a non-lootable journey longer; many people have called for this too.
I can't imagine it surviving into ue5, although RL has been steadily training me on that front I guess. Even so ...

(I realise a longer safe journey is also like being forced to chose from a course you really don't want to order, which is why I also understand people who want a quick warpgate option with costs that get split up somehow - at least other less stupid options for people who dislike lootable pvp! than logging out or not going to other planets at all.)

i am pretty ok to have a TOGGLE PVP OFF and dont order the dish i dont like.
wait.. i am in the restaurant it has a red line going to toilet, someone kick my groin steal my wallet and the waiter says "hell man, it is stated that to go to toilet there is a burglar-allowed zone, your bad you should have pissed in the champagne bucket"
yes it makes sense.
sorry no change in my mind. Lootable is a shit, and i will never back it.
Fun fact about that toggling pvp off suggestion, you can actually do that already. So if you open your map and notice the red areas on the screen, you just need to avoid those areas, its crazy right? MA took your suggestion seriously.

Quit crying over part of the game you do not even do, let people play the way they want and you can do the same, one of the great things about entropia.

Last edited:
Back