Some help with vu.16

slither

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Snake Slither Hellfire
Thought I'd start a thread to help out people with the new camera/interface. There's a lot of info in the update notes and you could easily miss something or misread a system.

This is not a thread for complaints, if you need help doing something ask a question, if you can answer a question then please do so. If you have a tip that you think might help, please post it.

Here's a few things I've picked up so far (thanks to the guys who put up with my whining):

1) Take a deep breath and count to 10. There's a lot of changes but together we can work this out so we can play until, hopefully, MA does some polishing on the system.

2) The interact icon (F key by default) is context sensitive, which means it will do different things depending on your situation. Sometimes a click will do what you need, sometimes u need to keep the key pressed for half a second for it to do what you want it to do.

3) To select next target while hunting press 'F' while holding a weapon will select the closest target in view and begin to auto shoot. You can then swap weapons or fap and it will continue to auto-use whatever tool/weapon you have until the mob is dead.

4) Right clicking a mob will activate auto shoot (as above)

5) To rotate the camera without it snapping back do not use the wheel click, press and hold left mouse button while rotating camera.

6) If you don't like over the shoulder then try looking over the other shoulder, you might prefer it (press O for options->gameplay and check or uncheck 'camera on left side'). I'm right handed and much prefer over the left shoulder.

7) To pick up your vehicle simply press and hold 'F' while facing it (I know it says 'hold F for more' on the actual screen but it took me half an hour to solve this in my frustrated state). Also, you can simply hold down the right mouse button until the vehicle menu pops up.

8) To get mouse scroll working (I think it's off by default) click 'O' for options->gameplay and check 'scroll changes camera mode'

9) If you're using a 3rd party program (eg. entropia life screen capture) you will need to make sure that any keypress from the 3rd party software aligns with your new keyboard layout.

10) Camera wobble temp workaround is to start auto shooting a mob then left click the screen and rotate the camera just a little. This will keep the camera in place instead of moving around as the mob approaches.

Last edited:
A couple from me...

• Whilst trying to repair a vehicle don't use F like you would for other tools, as you will enter the vehicle. Just use left click.
  • To get your quad to fly up, press whatever you have as jump key (spacebar is standard now)
  • Use auto-loot pills if hunting space mobs, as currently cant be looted otherwise.

If anyone is struggling with camera angles in space, see if this helps -
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Spaceship-camera-help-voice-video-walk-though

Last edited:
How do you select and auto use drill on a claim? Can it be done without running upto it and selecting it?
In the past if I found a claim, I would equip my drill, click select next target, then click auto use tool.

How do I do that now?

How do you select and auto use drill on a claim? Can it be done without running upto it and selecting it?
In the past if I found a claim, I would equip my drill, click select next target, then click auto use tool.

How do I do that now?

I don't think the driller has a target function anymore. I need to find the claim and right click it which activates auto drill.

I don't think the driller has a target function anymore. I need to find the claim and right click it which activates auto drill.

I was afraid of that.
Thanks

Thanks for that slither, this helps

I have to add something to this:

3) To select next target while hunting press 'F' while holding a weapon will select the closest target in view and begin to auto shoot. You can then swap weapons or fap and it will continue to auto-use whatever tool/weapon you have until the mob is dead.

So this will only work if you use the feature:
"Queue Use Tool action when reloading" in the Gameplay part of the Option dialog activated.

5) To rotate the camera without it snapping back do not use the wheel click, press and hold left mouse button while rotating camera.

This works only if you stand still and as soon as I run again it switches back to the over the shoulder mode. Or am I doing something wrong? I only want to see directly from behind over my avatar and not thsi swing out and in again over the shoulder mode, so please explain what I have to do. thx

I really like the 4. right click to auto shoot but - i just tried a stack of berycleds and i noticed how difficult it is to hunt like that. the problem with bery is they swarm on you and you cant see the target. my solution was to scroll out and top down whilst autoshooting them one at a time. can't do that now. so bery might not get the love they need.

CAN"T HUNT BERYCLED at all like this...

Last edited:
I have to add something to this:

So this will only work if you use the feature:
"Queue Use Tool action when reloading" in the Gameplay part of the Option dialog activated.

Just tested this and you're correct. In order to be able to swap weapons/tools while auto shooting you need to queue it.

This works only if you stand still and as soon as I run again it switches back to the over the shoulder mode. Or am I doing something wrong? I only want to see directly from behind over my avatar and not thsi swing out and in again over the shoulder mode, so please explain what I have to do. thx

The camera will stay where u put it if you just run but as soon as you interact with anything (ie. shoot a mob) it will snap back. We're stuck with over the shoulder atm :(

My God I'm getting slow in my old age, I think my IQ must have dropped 40 points (that would now make me average :silly2:)

When mining I had professions and avatar list pop up every time I got a claim, wtf is going on? Simple, those keys were the ones that Entropia Life clicked to display location and timestamp for the screen shot :laugh:

I am unable to interact with my pet, have tried pressing f and pressing f and holding it but this brings up a menu with no option to interact with the pet

How do I shoot the mob just one time so that it comes over to me.

I am unable to interact with my pet, have tried pressing f and pressing f and holding it but this brings up a menu with no option to interact with the pet

Are you talking about getting the pet to do tricks? I've always just clicked the icon in the pet status box to get the tricks menu up, this still works.

How do I shoot the mob just one time so that it comes over to me.

Equip weapon, aim at mob (either manually or use lock target (tab key default)) then activate the weapon by clicking the weapon icon or press the button u have the weapon tied to, or by activating 'use tool'.

Alt Keys

I find the "Alt" keys very useful in the new camera control system. It toggle between Aim mode and Cursor mode. In Cursor mode, you can do most things similar to the old systems like selecting target/terminal/mob etc or click on desktop key mappings. It helps me navigate around too.

I find the "Alt" keys very useful in the new camera control system. It toggle between Aim mode and Cursor mode. In Cursor mode, you can do most things similar to the old systems like selecting target/terminal/mob etc or click on desktop key mappings. It helps me navigate around too.

First thing I did was put the 'toggle cursor' function back on the space bar :)

A temp workaround to camera wobble while hunting is to start auto shooting a mob then left click the screen and rotate the camera just a little. This will keep the camera in place instead of moving around as the mob approaches.

Are you talking about getting the pet to do tricks? I've always just clicked the icon in the pet status box to get the tricks menu up, this still works.

Thanks Slither, I will try this when I get home

There's a setting in the gameplay tab, "let effects change camera", turn this off, It helps.

Also vehicles and other things if you hold down the right click it will open a menu where you can choose pick up, operate etc.

For me as long as a target is aimed at the mouse works like before in terms of shooting, then to manually turn auto use tool on just hold the key down for a second. (its easier to just press F though)

There's a setting in the gameplay tab, "let effects change camera", turn this off, It helps.

Also vehicles and other things if you hold down the right click it will open a menu where you can choose pick up, operate etc.

For me as long as a target is aimed at the mouse works like before in terms of shooting, then to manually turn auto use tool on just hold the key down for a second. (its easier to just press F though)

Thx. I tried turning of camera effects thing, I can't notice any difference.

Hold down right button to get in car :) Seriously, why am I missing these simple things? Guess we're just so used to the old system we can't see the most basic new stuff.

I find it significantly easier to hunt in this VU. Took about 10 minutes to reset my keys from rote memory. "Use Tool" you tools :)

I find it significantly easier to hunt in this VU. Took about 10 minutes to reset my keys from rote memory. "Use Tool" you tools :)

After my initial frustration things are looking a bit better, but no where near better than old version. The fact that you won't target a mob hitting you from behind but instead target something 100m away because it's in your view is a joke.

Anyway, I'm breaking my rule of no complaints in this thread :) let's move on...

After some consideration I moved the 'Interact' button to Q in my keyboard layout, to have it right next to TAB. The F key got 'use tool' instead, and 'toggle walk/run' was moved out of the way since it's not needed often. This replaces my previous setup where I had 'select next target', 'unselect target' and 'toggle auto-use' on '/', '*', '-' on the numpad, respectively, with relevant movement commands on the numbers below for easy keyboard-only control which is not currently possible. Maybe this is useful for some to improve ergonomics.

I have a lot of emote icon, mission progression, all my pets etc etc on my screen as icons. I can't seem to click them anymore. Are they obsolete? or is there a way to get the icons to work again?

I have a lot of emote icon, mission progression, all my pets etc etc on my screen as icons. I can't seem to click them anymore. Are they obsolete? or is there a way to get the icons to work again?

My emote and pet icons work fine, there's an update coming in 10mins maybe that will help. If not, maybe u could give more info or a pic to see what your problem is.

I'm a bit confused by something that seems to have changed (but I might be being stupid).

At first, after the VU, when I'd finished shooting a targeted mob, the target stayed locked on the corpse so that I could loot it with another keypress and then move on to the next mob.

But for the last couple of days when the mob does the target is lost, so with the next keypress I move on to the next mob instead of looting the dead one.

I don't think this changed with the patch (it was working OK the same day as the patch) and I don't think I've changed any settings that would affect this, so I'm not sure how and when this happened.

Have I inadvertently changed something? Is the change of behaviour in my imagination?

My emote and pet icons work fine, there's an update coming in 10mins maybe that will help. If not, maybe u could give more info or a pic to see what your problem is.

I have deleted all my icons and made some new ones. Seems to work now.

Only have a problem in third person view now, the aiming dot is in my avatar instead of to the right (I prefer to the right, because I am left handed)

Back