SORRY to all WoF participants.

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi. This is an apology to anyone who believed, as I did, that there would be some WoF-related stuff to do this month and the next.

In short, I am sick of logging in and crashing every few minutes. My internet provider has taken any enjoyment out of the game for me. I can't keep any promises, I can't hunt, can't do shit. T-Mobile can go burn in hell. Also my wife and I have had a few issues on the medical front (all fine for now), I've had to work far from home and the only thing I've been able to devote any real time to has been editing the book I've written (will be a lot happier when it's ready for submission!).

However; the contract ends in January. I hope for a better provider of mobile internet (thinking 02 for the coverage in my area) and all to be fine. But I can't promise anything, which as someone who likes to promise things and reap the reward of delivering, makes me pissed off.

So again, sorry for all the promises. I miss the game, I miss my friends, but all I can do is moan right now. I'm not good company; and then I crash. I'm not even permanent bad company.

But there will be a WoF 2011. Whatever happens.

Hope to see you all soon.

Hurrikane

No worries, best to look after your family and health first before trying to take on more work of a WoF season with sub-par internet. Good luck with the book and finding happier days.

Sad to hear there were health issue; been through some myself, and all I can tell you is that nothing else really matter.
Hope all is well, and don't worry too much: everyone understands.

Hope everything works out well Hurri. Can't wait to see the book gracing shop fronts around the world ;)

Might finally be able to afford your odin then ;)

Hope everything works out well Hurri. Can't wait to see the book gracing shop fronts around the world ;)

Might finally be able to afford your odin then ;)

Aaaaahhhh the Odin.....:)

Hurrikane

I'm pretty sure that I speak for the whole WOF Benelux team when I say: First things first. And that means family and rl professional stuff.

Good luck to ya and we'll see you in 2011 :)

Onya Hurri, yeah family, mind body and soul 1st mate, all the best for you and the misuss:)

Good to hear from you.

I hope you get things sorted out soon.

Cheers
Siam

Dont' worry Hurricane...

I'll be honnest, I don't think that atm I would have gotten the Team Amethera WoF off the ground. I am terribly bussy IRL atm, I also have real problems playing the game with my current Rig as it's laggy as hell to the verge of totally unplayable. It's simply no fun...

So from my side, I really don't mind...

I hope things sort out for you though. All the best !

All the best, dude :wtg:

All the best to you and your wife, Hurri! Hope you get it sorted out!

You may want to look at Virgin Media as an internet solution next year if they cover your area, I've had pretty much trouble free service from them (and their previous names prior to that) for 10 years.

I dont work for them or anything, just a satisfied customer. :)

Nice to hear of u Hurrie :)
Offcourse u take care of ur family and RL stuff first m8, hope u are able to get back in time for WoF tho :)

You may want to look at Virgin Media as an internet solution next year if they cover your area, I've had pretty much trouble free service from them (and their previous names prior to that) for 10 years.

That is rare Omega hehe

T-Mobile sucks, at least that is common knowledge in The Netherlands. Get rid of it.

I use Virgin too and have no problems at all.

However Hurri will need a mobile service as he doesn't use a cabled solution.

GL getting stuff sorted :)

Good luck on a better mobile internet solution next year hon, I too would recommend Virgin mobile for our area, my experience with them has been good (for internet on a stick they do pretty well though I also use vodafone).

Take care of you and Zoe, and good luck on the book, maybe I can be around some for WoF this year having opted out last year (leaving a gap in my wof icons :laugh:).

Weird, I just bought myself a 3 month pay up front T-mobile dongle & it works flipping briliant where I live! But all my best wishes to you Hurri and co :)

All the best to you and the Missus Hurri :)

From RC and I :)

And the answer is simple. 2.3 miles of network cable, Duck tape, a bit of diggin now and then, a bit of tree climbing now and then, and covert entry into someone's office to plug the other end in.....

But there will be a WoF 2011. Whatever happens. :yay::yay:Thats the main thing.

Hope to see you all soon.

Hurrikane

Apart from that rl comes first. (Well mostly) Hope you can get your internet probs sorted out.

Poor internet would have to be the worst thing that could befall an internet user who has experienced better times. :wise:

Good your other problems are getting sorted out and gl with the book. .:thumbup:

Oh yeh up the Aussies :handgun: in the coming WoF

Cheers Jung

All the best to you and the Missus Hurri :)

From RC and I :)

And the answer is simple. 2.3 miles of network cable, Duck tape, a bit of diggin now and then, a bit of tree climbing now and then, and covert entry into someone's office to plug the other end in.....

Actually this would need more than just 2.3mi cable, since the max length of Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable is 100m.
Or you would have to take single mode optical fiber which if I recal correctly has a lot longer span. :)
Just saying. ;) lol

Actually this would need more than just 2.3mi cable, since the max length of Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable is 100m.
Or you would have to take single mode optical fiber which if I recal correctly has a lot longer span. :)
Just saying. ;) lol

Or I would need to live closer to an office or similar; there are locals round here who think colour TV is the work of the devil....

Hurrikane

Take care of your family man :)

Looking forward to WoF 2011 this year when it does roll around, I can finally participate for a full season this year :yay:

Wish you all the best..

Oooops ... missed this. Hope you are okay, Hurri. You know, you got helpers when it comes to start the race again ;-)

btw ... what is a "colour TV"?

Sorry about the internet issues, but glad to hear the medical stuff is better. I, too, had a RL interruption - the Army insisted that I do a few things (they can be demanding like that).

Soon I will be back home and able to get busy. I have asked for the WoF 2011 subforum to be built so hopefully soon the teams can start trash-talking and recruiting. Hurrikane will be taking into account all the suggestions from the other thread and once the Boss spoken, we will get the Rules & Info posted.

We are all looking forward to the 5th World of Firepower :thumbup:

Back