FYI: Space Bug exploiting in safe zones

PVP in space is supposed to be like this:
a) You destroy vehicle
b) Pilot+passengers get their HP reduced to 10 HP
c) You shoot pilot+passengers while they float in space

You're not supposed to be able to kill passengers who still are inside a vehicle.

(Also, but I just consider this a bug until MA claims otherwise, the 30 seconds of pvp outside pvp area is supposed to be non-lootable. But if you got loot from this it's MAs fault, not yours.)

Before this VU (that brought the "deformed bodies", to a degree mentioned in "known issues") did you ever hear anyone getting killed *inside* a vehicle in space?

When this VU was released, did you read somewhere a public statement that you now are supposed to be able to kill people inside covered vehicles as opposed to before?

Clearly this is a bug that will be fixed, but it does not qualify as a exploit in my book because whether you right clikc or left click the same result can be achieved by either party either way.

Simplest way to combat this is to flip your quad upside down to your enemy (so the shots are taken on the base of the plane), hold move up key and shoot. Or wear your plated Pk armor.....

Last edited:
Without going indepth on this I'll tell you, as the accused confirmed the act, that this is abuse of an exploit for personal financial gain. This kind deserves a lock and permaban imo and loot should be returned.

PVP in space is supposed to be like this:
a) You destroy vehicle
b) Pilot+passengers get their HP reduced to 10 HP
c) You shoot pilot+passengers while they float in space

You're not supposed to be able to kill passengers who still are inside a vehicle.

(Also, but I just consider this a bug until MA claims otherwise, the 30 seconds of pvp outside pvp area is supposed to be non-lootable. But if you got loot from this it's MAs fault, not yours.)

Before this VU (that brought the "deformed bodies", to a degree mentioned in "known issues") did you ever hear anyone getting killed *inside* a vehicle in space?

When this VU was released, did you read somewhere a public statement that you now are supposed to be able to kill people inside covered vehicles as opposed to before?

OK, your point is well stated, although on the other hand, "did you read somewhere a public statement that it is now agenst the rules to be able to kill people inside covered vehicles as opposed to before?"
i dont know if you know this, but i have been shooting people out of there VHC sense i started playing. get your hands on an ML-45 and rightclick the shit out of any VHC in pvp, BOOM, there dead.

this isnit anything new to the game, nor is it a bug. i have been killing people out of pitbulls at the rig all the time.

Stagger has made claims that he has used this tatic to ensure victory in space for a long time. so why is this an issue now? because more people know about it?
im sorry, "at your own risk"
That is the only rule of PVP. there is no other rule.

Stagger has made claims that he has used this tatic to ensure victory in space for a long time. so why is this an issue now? because more people know about it?
im sorry, "at your own risk"
That is the only rule of PVP. there is no other rule.

The time I got killed by Stagger he destroyed my ship first, before he shot me. (Though kind of easy as my ship had low SI.) In fact, all times I've gotten killed in space (including mobs and pirates), "my" ship was destroyed first.

Also the few times I've been at rig, I can't recall ever being killed *inside* my vehicle. The people at the rig usually go for the vehicle first, and they should know what they are doing... though I know it should be possible to kill people in "open" vehicles (such as valk and in the open section of helicopters and other vehicles that has "open air" seats).

For instance, when it comes to pitbulls, the pvp veterans complain it's hard to kill people inside pitbulls. I doubt they would say so if there was a way to one-hit the driver. (Again, that you can kill someone who stands in the open hatch is pretty obvious.)

Another pointless drama thread brought to you by Oboy/millstreet2.

Oboy, why don't you just do what you said in your screenie: Sell out and leave.

This is maybe the 100th thread from you where you try to ruin someones reputation...
Please, take this advice from me:
Forum people are not as easily manipulated as you think.

There seems to be some confusion:

(1) ** Did you (load) arrive from PLANET into safe zone?

OR

(2) ** Did you FLY into safe zone from outter PVP space?

Please clarify.

If its (1) then its clearly a BUG. And 30 second rule should not apply. Anyone can then camp the player arrivals from planet and shoot them down.

If its (2) then its PVP. Live with it.

I think he's saying that he flew into Safe Zone from PvP zone and thought he was safe because you can dodge / survive for the 30 seconds necessary to be truly safe.

But he was killed by a single shot because he was sticking out of his vehicle ( the bug ).

Not nice to happen, but since the bug can be avoided ( by getting into vehicle in 3rd-person mode ), I don't see the drama.

Now that he too knows how to avoid the bug, problem should be solved ( until ( if ? :laugh: ) MA fix the bug ).

It's a difference between "pvp" and "lootable pvp".

Though, the rules of 30 seconds is up to MA to clarify, and it's not abuse since the border is practically invisible and you can't decide if you want to loot or not.

The other issue, one-hitting someone inside a ship without first destroying ship, is probably "bug abuse" (especially since abusing it gives a clear economical adavantage) - I guess we're waiting for MAs response for this aswell.

Then there is a third issue: If A kills B *four times* in a row, maybe it's approaching harassment. Normally pvp is "everything goes", however, space isn't optional, and there is currently no way of travelling between one planet to another planet without, at some stage, passing through the rim of the space station "parking zone".

Hmm can anyone find the post that says the 30 second rule is different from space and pvp3/4?

Second can anyone find the thread where it says that the pvp bug one shot is a legit tactic?

Third I feel bad for you Oboy. It sucks that you lost this loot, but for your own sanity, don't bring anything lootable into space that you are not willing to lose, whether or not there is a bug/exploit. Not worth it. :beerchug:

Well, for starters, I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
I truly wish i could take credit for this kill, (i really need the 2k)
BUT!

WHO THE FUCK CARRIES 2k PED IN SPACE!? sorry, your fault.
im going to make a quote from MA....

"At your own risk"

im sorry, whether or not you did or didn't loose 2k to someone, (really wish you would post there name), its a legit stragity and to me, this just sounds like a "loot sucks" thread.

Pardon my language but your a bit of a loser dip shit.

If you get someone in pvp or if they try to get back to safe zone then hey fair is fair.

But if your camping and waiting for someone to come up from the planet and kill them, then that is just low dude.

When you come from the planet you cant see shit for a few seconds and by that time its all over.

If I choose to take loot into space and I get killed in pvp or within the actual rules of the game I will take that loss.
Seriously though you must be some kind of rl criminal to think its ok to kill others and steal from them it that mannor.

OK so my last post was probably a bit harsh.

PvP is PvP and safe should be safe and no matter how you look at it your moral code must be a bit screwed if you think its ok to kill and loot someone in a sfe zone if there is a bug in the system that alows it.

Pirates work hard on their craft and spend hours upon hours perfecting their piloting so that in PvP they can score.

But other players work just as hard getting their loot and it is real money too not some pretend Monopoly money that you dont have to feel bad about when you steal it. Its real money.

But on that note......seriously Oboy why did you take that much loot into space?
Surely you had to know there was a risk as soon as you left the safe zone?

OK so my last post was probably a bit harsh.

PvP is PvP and safe should be safe and no matter how you look at it your moral code must be a bit screwed if you think its ok to kill and loot someone in a sfe zone if there is a bug in the system that alows it.

Pirates work hard on their craft and spend hours upon hours perfecting their piloting so that in PvP they can score.

But other players work just as hard getting their loot and it is real money too not some pretend Monopoly money that you dont have to feel bad about when you steal it. Its real money.

But on that note......seriously Oboy why did you take that much loot into space?
Surely you had to know there was a risk as soon as you left the safe zone?

I had a resource shop at the time, I was selling a lot of resources at the time. I've travelled with upwards of 10k on me back when the quads where a bit more rare. Again I am not upset about losing ped. Im upset about being exploited.

If "ACE" shots or "HEADSHOTS" are allowed than so be it, I can learn and adapt. And shame on me for scalding another player and accusing him of exploiting. Because that is not what makes a community great.

If I was being exploited. And I feel I was. This is the point I wanted to make. And to be sure to let others know of the current structure of space.

Pirates are hiding, actively waiting for someone to get out into PVP space for 1 second so that they can chase / shoot a defenseless individual. Or better case, they turn around and you can 1 shot exploit them if they are not a avid forum watcher and able to avoid the bugs with certain tips.

Please nobody feel bad for me over the fact I lost x amount of ped. I am not a rich person, but 200 USD is not a big deal to me. This has been more a hobby and I have done very well for myself through a lot of bad times, and bad fortunes.

I wanted to make the other players are aware of the bug so that what happens to me can save someone with potentially a lot more to lose.

gl all!

To me it's very simple

MA's space policy is flawed! (mostly because unlike any other MMORPG EU is RCE )

1. it's against the wishes of the majority of players

2. it's undermining the expansion of player base

3. it's undermining the new planets

4. It's creating a lot of anger frustration among players.

5. Finally, it's fostering hostility, animosity among players, and splinterring the whole community into factions for the worse

There seems to be some confusion:

(1) ** Did you (load) arrive from PLANET into safe zone?

OR

(2) ** Did you FLY into safe zone from outter PVP space?

Please clarify.

If its (1) then its clearly a BUG. And 30 second rule should not apply. Anyone can then camp the player arrivals from planet and shoot them down.

:yup: Well put..Was it answer "2"?

damn, if you quit i guess i'll never see that 2k you owe me from 2009. :(

From the screenshot, I didn't see anything the person stated that said "screw you. get a life. suck it up" Yes, he said he got killed a few times for the same bug. He gave no indication that he saw your head sticking out of the cockpit and took an opportunity shot.

What I did see in the screenie was you, in essence, threatening him. Probably not appropriate, and rather an immature response to being killed and losing $1.70 USD.

Personally, I have bene followed into a safe zome from PvP, and I led the pirates on a merry chase throughout the safe zone, not once getting shot. So, as someone pointed out, you must have seen that red dot turn yellow and stopped. Period.

So, basically, what I am seeing is you did a stupid, and now you want to lash out at someone for your stupidity, and demand recompensation.

I am sure the waaaaahhh squad will be right on it!

Well, for starters, I am very sorry to hear about your loss.
I truly wish i could take credit for this kill, (i really need the 2k)
BUT!

WHO THE FUCK CARRIES 2k PED IN SPACE!? sorry, your fault.
im going to make a quote from MA....

"At your own risk"

im sorry, whether or not you did or didn't loose 2k to someone, (really wish you would post there name), its a legit stragity and to me, this just sounds like a "loot sucks" thread.

You are clearly a notorious exploiter of this bug. I don't give a 'fap what some faulty support droid written you as copypaste answer.

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED!

From the screenshot, I didn't see anything the person stated that said "screw you. get a life. suck it up" Yes, he said he got killed a few times for the same bug. He gave no indication that he saw your head sticking out of the cockpit and took an opportunity shot.

What I did see in the screenie was you, in essence, threatening him. Probably not appropriate, and rather an immature response to being killed and losing $1.70 USD.

Personally, I have bene followed into a safe zome from PvP, and I led the pirates on a merry chase throughout the safe zone, not once getting shot. So, as someone pointed out, you must have seen that red dot turn yellow and stopped. Period.

So, basically, what I am seeing is you did a stupid, and now you want to lash out at someone for your stupidity, and demand recompensation.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, and Wrong.

and again, wrong

Hmm can anyone find the post that says the 30 second rule is different from space and pvp3/4?

One special thing is that unless you're aware that actually is a 30 second rule, you can be caught by it by surprise.

I mean, sure, those of us who hang around the ring in Twin Peaks are well aware of people running out and shooting back with rocket launchers from outside, but I'm not sure if the fact there is a 30 second rule is communicated in a clear way to the people who just went into space before visiting any pvp area.

Back in vu 9, there were very clear messages when approaching, when entering and when exiting pvp areas and lootable areas with popups and audible warning (clicks) as well as (in most cases) huge signs on the ground "player versus player protection disabled in this area". Most of that has been removed, and instead just get as a message icon that probably is click after something serious has happened. (The message icon suffers a bit with "spam" such as "Item won in auction" (=you bought something yesterday on buyout), "Entering land area", "Exiting land area" and such. Again, the pvp indicators in space is a bit unclear as you can't read out from them that you actually are in a lootable area.)

One special thing is that unless you're aware that actually is a 30 second rule, you can be caught by it by surprise.

I mean, sure, those of us who hang around the ring in Twin Peaks are well aware of people running out and shooting back with rocket launchers from outside, but I'm not sure if the fact there is a 30 second rule is communicated in a clear way to the people who just went into space before visiting any pvp area.

Back in vu 9, there were very clear messages when approaching, when entering and when exiting pvp areas and lootable areas with popups and audible warning (clicks) as well as (in most cases) huge signs on the ground "player versus player protection disabled in this area". Most of that has been removed, and instead just get as a message icon that probably is click after something serious has happened. (The message icon suffers a bit with "spam" such as "Item won in auction" (=you bought something yesterday on buyout), "Entering land area", "Exiting land area" and such. Again, the pvp indicators in space is a bit unclear as you can't read out from them that you actually are in a lootable area.)

Yeah and then there is the confusing lit icon thingy:

orange pvp (pvp in landarea's on?)
red pvp (on amethera between landarea's, non-lootable)
red pvp+ poison light on ( lootable pvp)
red pvp in space (lootable pvp)
orange pvp ( in safe zones in space, not actually pvp?)
green (still 30 second lootable/non lootable pvp if you came from pvp/lootable pvp)

this system should be overhauled to be clear to people what it is.

Last edited:

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, and Wrong.

and again, wrong

Per your own screenie submission, I am absolutely correct. (Well, maybe not about you stopping just inside safe zone).

I have edited the extraneous stuff, like trade channel, Infinity talking about the n00b harrassment, etc. All that's left is the chat between you and this other person.

Here, see for yourself!

lazaro-exploit_revised.jpg

Not that it matters to me(never carry stackables, except occasional cosmic horror loot), but just to make it clear, I knew nothing about this 30 sec rule in space before I read this thread.:eyecrazy: I knew about what happens with PVP rings, but just never thought about it in space. Also, I never fly to a ss and don't understand why anyone would. I just fly straight to planet.

Back