Space fix suggestion

Sulje

Prowler
Society
The Prodigy
Sulje
If someone log out at the space ship - drop his avatar off to the nearest space station to prevent from logging out and safely transfering items without any effort trough lootable pvp.

Once this exploit is fixed (that everyone use, even official from Toulan suggests this to log off while warping to avoid being looted lol), there will be more activity in space and it will be fun.

I'd love to be caught in warp mine and shoot all the pirates, right now it makes no sense investing or do any activities in space.

JBK has 300k SI ship, which is useless as people can simply log off and it's same, 4k SI and 300k SI ship, they perform the same. I can't calculate how much the upgrade cost him, but i think it's enough to at least consider making some changes, at least small and simple ones, that doesn't take away too much dev time. Let's say I put in 20k peds in my ship, that's $2000 directly on MindArk bank account, it's worth at least 15 days of 1 dev time, and whoever works in software engineering knows how much can be made in 15 days of work.

Thanks and GL.

space is kinda useless in itself. Would be easier to enable interplanetary auctions or teleporters and make other activities in space for those that enjoy it ^^

space is kinda useless in itself. Would be easier to enable interplanetary auctions or teleporters and make other activities in space for those that enjoy it ^^
interplanetary tps used to exist with proceeds going to hanger owners. Maybe someday that'll come back.

Once this exploit is fixed (that everyone use, even official from Toulan suggests this to log off while warping to avoid being looted lol), there will be more activity in space and it will be fun.
More activity like what? People will just fly less frequently, lootable PVP is a deterrent for the absolute majority of players since nobody likes being looted.

If someone log out at the space ship - drop his avatar off to the nearest space station to prevent from logging out and safely transfering items without any effort trough lootable pvp.

I'd love to be caught in warp mine and shoot all the pirates, right now it makes no sense investing or do any activities in space.

JBK has 300k SI ship, which is useless as people can simply log off and it's same, 4k SI and 300k SI ship, they perform the same. I can't calculate how much the upgrade cost him, but i think it's enough to at least consider making some changes, at least small and simple ones, that doesn't take away too much dev time. Let's say I put in 20k peds in my ship, that's $2000 directly on MindArk bank account, it's worth at least 15 days of 1 dev time, and whoever works in software engineering knows how much can be made in 15 days of work.

Thanks and GL.

While i agree about JBK and his ship and others, one also has to consider the effect it would have on planet partners who i suspect spent considerably more. By which i mean effects on economies on other planets which lets face it are small compared to calypso. Figuring if said changes to space would benefit or hinder PP's one can argue points for both sides which MA surely have considered and analysed as they have all the data at hand.

The welding wire bp changes i suspect are to try and generate more mining on other planets, although now costs to "safely" transport mats for the bp is now out of reach for many players without big bankroll, so now would be viable only smuggling from 3 planets rather than 1 or 2 to get mats together for clicks and warp costs ofc adding to costs so only viable with larger amounts. Add also risk to warps although i agree is kinda stupid with log off, would add extra risk/cost pushing ww price up to a point is possibly unviable short term to bother any more.

Personally i don't care either way, as long as spawn camping at stations remains hindered in some way as was just damn annoying. Being caught in space has never bothered me beyond leaving the station, thats just the game.

Last edited:
They had pretty much the solution in Space cargo missions. The introduced a fee on the auction, which is/was being collected for the missions. Somehow the missions never made it, but the fee's remained ( for the past 8 years...)

This allowed the relatively safe status quo at the moment, whilst still making there a reason to want to be active in space, skilling and upgrading ships.

"The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool."

"Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward."

They had pretty much the solution in Space cargo missions. The introduced a fee on the auction, which is/was being collected for the missions. Somehow the missions never made it, but the fee's remained ( for the past 8 years...)

This allowed the relatively safe status quo at the moment, whilst still making there a reason to want to be active in space, skilling and upgrading ships.

"The transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool."

"Those missions will take the form of cargo boxes which must be delivered to a destination in return for a PED reward funded by the transport fee pool. Cargo boxes are at risk of being looted by other participants in cases where the transporting ship is defeated in space combat; the looted cargo boxes can then be delivered to the assigned destination by the looter to claim the original transport mission reward."

Unfortunately guess add it to the list, like CP shares were sold with events on cp being mentioned, Ark moon new series of mission (since last summer), etc.

There is another thread asking what would you like to be UL, i was tempted to say promises.

But we know how this goes, we been around long enough i guess.

It's why i just play for fun and limit what i depo, most stuff like this passes over my head. I do feel for big investors though but thats above my EU allowed pay grade. :)

Thanks and GL.
no worries we got the logout fix promises already made ;)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...verse-address-2013.206983/page-3#post-3017376
Its gonna happen in 2013...

While we're at it - take it to the next level.

I'd love to see some Tarkov inspired shit inside Entropia

Looting peoples armor, weapons, faps etc would be a lot of fun.

(I hope you brought a functional sarcasm detector)

While we're at it - take it to the next level.

I'd love to see some Tarkov inspired shit inside Entropia

Looting peoples armor, weapons, faps etc would be a lot of fun.

(I hope you brought a functional sarcasm detector)
I have said it before - after over 10 years i guess its safe to presume that mindark doesnt have the ressources or willingness to even attempt fixing the current space pvp situation - the easiest way to get rid of their issues and make space work would be to remove full lootable - maybe limit it to some tokens or a specific space inventory tab in which a much more limited selection of items/mats resides and instead make all vehicles/spaceships/players loot like mobs planetside - with respective separate hof list tab for space.
Such a change would mean everyyone gives loot to the attacker and noone is at risk of loosing personal items of value they didnt know they had with them - a fair space battle where it doesnt matter if you shoot a small or big ship cause you will get loot and even if you loose with loot 2.0 in place you can still loot back elsewhere.
The consequence would be much more space battles and much more decay/turnover in space and respective revenue in space for mindark after which even mindark management would see more reason to spent future dev ressources.

Don't worry JBK, maybe around xmas they will offer space shares with lots of new content. :)

Meant as a joke but you never know :D

Argument that the PP markets are going to die is ridiculous. Every PP should bring in new players into the game, and have them grow at their planet for as long as possible, it shouldn't be possible for people to just jump planets that easily until they grow up a bit.

Again, you have to think about the investments people made towards space, like JBK, and there's many other ships with 50k+ SI, which probably cost 30k+ to upgrade to, that's ridiculous amounts of money and for nothing.

With a simple fix it would all make sense, all of those investments, also community would engage more in space content, pvp in particular where space ship owners would have to hire crews to shoot/repair/protect the ship while flying trough space, for me it would be fun aspect of the game.

Also it would be useful to add toxic shots for space which would cost 50 peds at least, maybe even 100 peds, just to make pirating more expensive as well.

It's a win win situation, MA can only profit from this small fixes.

Space is the 1 of the reasons most the planets are dead.... This game isn't big enough to maintain space at its current size. Reduce it, refund ship owners.

Space is the 1 of the reasons most the planets are dead.... This game isn't big enough to maintain space at its current size. Reduce it, refund ship owners.
most planets should find a way to get new players register with their planets. not leech from other PPs

most planets should find a way to get new players register with their planets. not leech from other PPs
Its a pure joy to see people say this.
Speaking of which anyone can anyone point me towards an example (if narrow forum rules doesn't allow us private msg me the name) where a player read an ad on the internet with a PP marketing ad , he did register for said planet, stood on their planet and right now he is above level 50 in any profession with at least 10$ k usd invested and he is currently playing the game in either hunting/crafting/mining and not just afk holding deeds.
This is my curiosity don't get triggered please.

Speaking of which anyone can anyone point me towards an example (if narrow forum rules doesn't allow us private msg me the name) where a player read an ad on the internet with a PP marketing ad , he did register for said planet, stood on their planet and right now he is above level 50 in any profession with at least 10$ k usd invested and he is currently playing the game in either hunting/crafting/mining and not just afk holding deeds.
Why would they, there's stable income from players that registered at Calypso.

Kind of ironic but the reason why I started on a planet other than Calypso was because space existed. Basic research before I made my avatar lead me to believe there would be opportunities on every planet but if I didn't start on Monria I would have to pay $2.5 for every time I warped between a planet to take my loot with me.

My first few months in the game were actually pretty much breakeven but that is only because I pooled my loot on various planets and got warped around for free once a week and sold my stuff on Caly. Would've been a pretty shit experience otherwise tbh.

Nowadays I want to be on Cyrene, Caly, Monria, NI, and Toulan once a day. Warps are on average 20-25/each and 7 from Monria to Caly. On principle I am not going to pay $300/mo to expediate my ability to spend money (lol?). That's retarded. Instead I spend some time semi-afk flying around just burning oil instead of cycling 2k+hr - MA's loss I guess.

Space sucks and it needs an overhaul. Give the people with big ships some actual content and come out with a ship that can't carry lootable items but moves 10x the speed of a quad or something. Idk.

Warps are on average 20-25/each and 7 from Monria to Caly. On principle I am not going to pay $300/mo to expediate my ability to spend money (lol?). That's retarded. Instead I spend some time semi-afk flying around just burning oil instead of cycling 2k+hr - MA's loss I guess.
Just as a slight aside, those sorts of prices would be like taking a limo to work and back every day. Awesome if you have the budget for it, but there is cheaper alternatives. You could fly everyday with some of the services for $10 per month, of if you don't fancy that there are muti-passes from 3 ped a flight. Sure it means you lose the convenience of an on demand VIP shuttle, but can work out very lucrative for those travellers who do utilise it. There are different services flying at different times too, I think it might just be Australia who is not getting an evening service atm.

I have said it before - after over 10 years i guess its safe to presume that mindark doesnt have the ressources or willingness to even attempt fixing the current space pvp situation - the easiest way to get rid of their issues and make space work would be to remove full lootable - maybe limit it to some tokens or a specific space inventory tab in which a much more limited selection of items/mats resides and instead make all vehicles/spaceships/players loot like mobs planetside - with respective separate hof list tab for space.
Such a change would mean everyyone gives loot to the attacker and noone is at risk of loosing personal items of value they didnt know they had with them - a fair space battle where it doesnt matter if you shoot a small or big ship cause you will get loot and even if you loose with loot 2.0 in place you can still loot back elsewhere.
The consequence would be much more space battles and much more decay/turnover in space and respective revenue in space for mindark after which even mindark management would see more reason to spent future dev ressources.
I never expected this day to come. I agreed with your post about space :D

Unless MA says it's an exploit, it's a feature.
Sorry I called it wrong - It's public secret exploit :D You and me and whole community uses it.

Sorry I called it wrong - It's public secret exploit :D You and me and whole community uses it.

I asked support right at start of warps years ago if was ok to log off (no risk to account etc), they told me was ok and unexpected feature or something to that effect.

Contact them and ask, you will probably get same reply.

Yes it's dumb but at end of day is up to game devs, they must have their reasons whatever they are.

Back