Space for newbies!

Aeris_is_back

Stalker
Society
My FL
Darcy Aeris Wood : was Darcy Aeris is Back Wood
Explained: Navigation, Pirating, Anti Prating, Hunting, Tips, for users of VTOL's and Quads.

Its assumed you have already a VTOL/quad with a attached thruster/weapons,

***Navigation***

To navigate use way points! when you set one on a blue area of the map "hunting area, space station, foma, cp," it will set all three dimensions to the position of that area X,Y,Z,. when you set one in open space the X and Y will be relative to where you click the Z call it "height" will be at your current level so if you are X 2000, Y 2200, Z -1000, and you click the 2D map on X 5000, Y 5500, Z is taken from your current position when that way point is set.

When approaching your detestation do not fly past the space station in orbit due to pirating concerns, Think of the planet as a square block, if you zoom out when looking at the map of space you will get a idea of the server blocks. each planet is a hole in space "no server", though it looks like a round planet its really just a full server block that's missing. Using the map below aim for the red box/line. for example if you are flying from Ark to Caly once you spawn in space you set a way point for the corner of the server hole closets to you.

***common to "Pirating, Anti Prating, Hunting,***

The kismet light laser primary weapon on the Quad is a instant damage weapon. do not aim it as if it was a rocket launcher but instead as if it was a Sollomate Opalo it has a range of 0.092AU to better understand the range its best to hunt in a team even if the second person is not hunting with you as you can set "team targets" once you set a mob or other craft as a team target you can see the distance that target is from you in AU. In close up fights you may be better off to play in third person and when you are firing at great range first person is often best.

***Pirating***

Fly alone and use the "change seat" function to put your avatar in the copilot seat, this will shut the quads engines down saving fuel when you are waiting for your pray. That also turns the Red triangle attached to your ship to Blue as it has no pilot, this works to trick most players at a busy space station but less so at one that is less busy. None busy planets are much harder to stage your activity's from you are often spotted even when you are not in the pilot seat like Ark for example. you are best off to choose the most likely path somebody will take from that planets space station to Clay and camp that area just inside the safe area.

***Anti Prating***

Avoid the fight at all cost, if you are in a fight nobody will outrun/evade the other... somebody is going to ride the light! when you first come up from a planet have a look around for quads just floating there, a quad cant just float in space without an avatar in one of the seats. If you see a quad just sitting out among the other ships somebody is in it! and because you are in the plot seat of yours you stand out like a beacon of light in the darkens of space with that Red triangle over your ship! you may not know it but you already have a team target set on your head, but the good news is the range you can view other players at in space is much greater then the range of the Kismet Light Laser. Once you identified the pirates you will need to open up a gap from them exceeding 0.092 au and position your self between them and your destination, once you have the distance you need from them you are for the most part safe however if the quad you see is Unlimited it is faster then yours and you have little options at this point but to try and get them to drop off your screen without leaving the protected area or giving away your detestation.

The most dangerous times are around space stations coming and going, often its better to take the TP then to attempt the flight even in a quad.

***Hunting***

Its ultra simple, In a Quad set the mob as a team target move to within 0.092 au of the mob and shoot till dead, doing it this way you will avoid 100% of the damage and that's good because people are hunting you. Should you happen to be in a VTOL its a bad idea to piss anything off by shooting at it.

***Tips***

You are better of to play in space with out the HUD at all! its completely useless, with that said you don't even need to know your quads SI. the only information you need is that of the other ships around you "blue/red triangles" (Blue has no pilot, Red has a pilot) or mobs "yellow triangles" the HUD only gets in the way of this. Even when hunting you can do so with out taking any damage 100% of the time, if pvp is the case as long as you can't repair your quad in flight your only focus should be firing on your attacker/victim. Ofc I understand your ammo count is a concern but its not hard to flash your hud every now and then to track it a little.

Indicators: "the little triangles over ships/stuff"
Blue: no active pilot
Red: Active pilot no karma or + karma
Green: Active pilot - karma
White: Avatar "floating in space"
Yellow: mob
Multiple colors: somebody on your friend list/team
the Karma tags still have problems don't take them at face value

panet_server.jpg

Q/A

Are there more pirates than normal players in space, u know is it like 10pirates hunting 1normal player?

I would say 1 prate for every 130~160 none pirates

Can you actually survive with average loot you get from other guys, I know it´s random, you can never say what ppl have but are there some bigger guys out, with, dunno, 100-XXX PED?

Yes you need to be aware of your hit rate, if you miss often you will hemorrhage ped your profit/loss comes from how well you can aim the kismet light laser cost a little more then 40 pec to fire once. I would advise Pirating for fun you will just cover your loss for the most part as you wait for the "big one"

With respect to loot I took the time to take screen shots of every kill to get a better understanding of loot. if I count all <7ped loots as no loot the percent of people I have shot down with loot is .87

My starter budget for going semi-pirate is 1.000 PED, that´s enough to cover Quad-Wing, starter-fuel, ammo, wait for decent "loots" so I can cover loss?

1k ped is just about what I would advise to start out with buy a Quad, 50 ped oil, kismet, RK-5 and 50786 welding wire, leave 2 ped to reenter, pump the rest in to ammo.

Do you teach space-newbies in the arts of successful hunting&killing of someone?

with the information in this post you more or less have the "need to know" information the rest you will learn your self. No I do not.

Remember people are going to hate you, others will cut you out of activity's/soc's. but you don't have to let that bother you just know you are playing the game the way its intended. its a choice to carry loot and because its rare to get shot down people like to bring stuff.

In what case will oil be looted from me

the ONLY time oil is NOT looted is when it has been refined and added to the FUEL TANK of any vehicle, in every other instance the oil refined or otherwise is looted.

Last edited:
This is viable information.

Hey Aeris, Nice post, thanks for sharing the info.

One note about the triangles though. Blue and red don't specifically mean pilot or no pilot. There's a lot more to it than that. Some has to do with Karma, at least while in space, but there is more too it as well, or else maybe some things are bugged.

Yes, if no pilot, then ship shows with blue triangle, both on planet and in space...meaning "Neutral" by my definition. In space, I show up as a blue triangle even when I'm in the pilot seat as I have good karma, at least I did.

Just did a bunch of experiments with ppl at Twin on planet and still confused by some things. When I'm in pilot seat in my Quad I show up as red to everyone else that was in ships around me, though they showed up to each other as blue. They all were red for me. All of us were in pilot seat. I tried to take off guns and relog, same thing happened.

If I spawned a sleipner, then I showed up as blue to everyone while I was in pilot seat, and they were all blue to me.

My soc mate showed up as green over red when I was in quad, green over blue when I was in Sleipner. Green over some color I assume means soc mate, or maybe on my FL? Have to experiment more with that.

Don't understand what the difference between my sleipner and my quad. Quad should have good karma repuatation. It says "Upstanding" when I'm in pilot seat.

Have to get back up into space to see if similar with other ships around. Have avoided them lately :)

Anyway, still confusing, but definitely is not as simple as Blue = no pilot, Red = pilot.

Thanks again for shairing. Mack

Don't understand what the difference between my sleipner and my quad. Quad should have good karma repuatation. It says "Upstanding" when I'm in pilot seat.
Maybe red means not "bad" karma but "opposite", e.g. people with good karma appear as red for those with bad karma and vice versa? Just a thought.

You're right, Svarog, that's what red is suppose to mean. However, the system is still buggy (ever since launch!) and even if your ship is "fair", you'll often see other "fair" ships with red triangles. Basically, don't trust colors.

Added information Q/A, updated indicators,

If I understood right the oil in the destroyed quad/vtol fuel tank is not lootable? But what about vehicles in the pilot's inventory, are their fuel tanks lootable?

If I understood right the oil in the destroyed quad/vtol fuel tank is not lootable? But what about vehicles in the pilot's inventory, are their fuel tanks lootable?

Their storage .. yes. Their fuel tanks .. no.

fuel is not lootable when in a vehicle tank.

only items of category "materials" and "mined resources" are lootable from your inventory and all other containers/inventories.

so putting loot in a julbox or vehicle inventory dont protect it from being taken from you.

i once hat ore in my vtol and got looted...

Thank you Serica and uni_corn! Yes, I understand that all containers are lootable and was afraid that fuel tanks of vehicles in the inventory act like containters.

=) nono i have always fuel in all vehicles and carry them around in space with me.

all oil is still there.

greets.

Back