Space Hunting Sucks

My-inside-information.png

Efficiency is overrated unless your cycling millions of ped..
Efficiency does matter on any kill. System will register any cost based on your eff so killing any mobs you will register a 94-95% return with low eff. Even if u profit on a small period lets say you have 98% return ( your registered return is 95% and the system will eventually balance you to that).

Last edited:
[Moderated: Removed quote from deleted post]

Last edited by a moderator:
Skills in the hunting in space are good.

In case new avatars like myself read this and wonder about the miracle of hunting in space. I don't know about efficiency and all that. When I need ammo, I buy it. But as a day 1 avatar, with a Quad/Kismet combo (140ish peds) you can do the following in space:

1) Hunt mobs up to level 40+. I am very low skills (mounted laser 3 i believe) and I can now do 2-3 of these before the Quad blows and you lose nothing.
I have had the 40+ I believe Cosmic Horrors drop the tier 4 parts that people need to open enhancer slots, that have insane markups. I needed 100k shrapnel for my colonist outfit, takes tons of grinding to get from low mobs, i took the Quad into space and got it in 20 minutes from my space mobs.

2) When I grind a couple mobs planet-side that are actually my level, i get hardly any oil and all that. My space mobs can drop 5+ peds oil each. Lot of riches in space it seems for a new player. The little ones, the Skyflail youngs, can be found in nesting grounds near space stations, where you can repair. You can grind quite a few of these before the Quad blows. i got a 150 ped global yesterday from one.

3) I think it might also be a very fast way to grind your discpleship out, if you don't mind putting some financial backing into your new avatar. The ammo will cost you, but the rewarding experience should be wonderful.

4) You skill quick it seems in space, and the mere act of flying through big mobs of space mobs, and avoiding their attacks skills quite a bit I discovered. So now I just cruise right through the mobs and skill and see if I survive.

Downsides: travel through pvp zones with loot but doing so gives a feeling of accomplishment. Constantly having to go back to SS to repair can be pain, but is also rewarding and you skill gain. Travel time; even the nesting grounds closest to SS require some travel in the Quad.

Sorry if there are any mistakes, new avatar observations pretty much.

And maybe other new avatars like me, having just recently arrived at Camp Icarus, will stare up into Calypso's beautiful night sky and wonder what goes on up there, and find out for themselves.

Last edited:
@Gianna if you ever wanna join us in dropship you can use one of the turrets on a Starfinder, this way you have the same effect without your Quad blowing up

@Gianna if you ever wanna join us in dropship you can use one of the turrets on a Starfinder, this way you have the same effect without your Quad blowing up
Thank you! That is super kind. I had no idea space gameplay would be this fun.

Back