Space is Imminent

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
June 8th

The office is buzzing with excitement as we are getting closer and closer to the space release. With this release Entropia truly becomes the Entropia Universe with space travel between the planets and space stations for intermediate landing.

The target date for the release is set to the 21st of June 2011. Make sure you are ready for this exciting happening!

eu_buzz_space1.jpg

Celebration

To celebrate this occasion MindArk will have two competitions before the release and then add interesting objects to the auction after release.

The competitions start tonight (8th of June) at 00:00 Entropian time and end at 24:00 Entropian time on the 20th of June.

Competition for Motherships

The first competition will be won by the participant or participants receiving the biggest Hall of Fame entries for Hunting, Mining and Construction respectively during the competition time. If you win this, a Mothership Deed will be added to your Inventory.

Note that the motherships are unlimited!

Competition for Medium Fighters

The second competition will be won by four participants, one on each planet. It is possible for an individual participant to win the competition on more than one planet. The winners have to receive the largest loot, during the competition time, from hunting the following mobs:

Planet - Mob
  • Planet Calypso - Shinkiba Young
  • ROCKtropia - ROCKtropian
  • Next Island - Brown Papoo Young, Mature old
  • Arkadia - Halix Young

Note that these mobs are also suitable for newly entered participants to hunt.

If you win this, a Medium Fighter Deed will be added to your Inventory.

Auction

On the first day after the release, three Motherships will be placed in the Entropia Universe auction on a 24-hour auction period.

When the initial three auctions are won, one Mothership will be placed in the auction every 24th hour until MindArk deems there are an adequate number of Motherships for the current space and Entropia Universe population. There will be no prior notification that MindArk will stop releasing new Motherships to the auction.

No limit or buyout prices will be set for these auctions.

Hangar Managers

There will be some special treats for our current hangar managers in this space release and a subsequent release.

Release of Space

The space will connect all planets in one universe and you can choose to travel between them in space ships instead of using teleportation.

Motherships, unlimited and the Titans of Space, are large spaceships with awesome firepower and transportation capabilities. You will be able to configure your ship for basic usage or adjust it into one of the most fearsome and dominating space crafts you can find today. Rule space with your ship and a crew of gunners and engineers: attack and defend, repair the ship and manage the Structural Integrity for maximum defence! Bring large groups of friends and other passengers on the ship for voyages deep into space or between planets. Let your allies find a somewhat safer harbour in space by landing a smaller space craft inside the Mothership hangar while moving.

eu_buzz_space2.jpg

The first space release will include the following features:

• Space travel and commodity transportation between the planets, space-stations, asteroids etc.
  • PVP fighting in the entire universe except in the parking zones outside the space stations.
  • A reputation system for your heroic or not so heroic deeds in space is provided.

Mothership characteristics:

• Engineering for various upgrades.
  • Gunner positions: 6 + 1 pilot.
  • Passenger Teleport: Planet to Mothership.
  • Passengers: Max 50 including crew.
  • Initial weapon type: Plasma cannons.
  • Revival faculties.

Coming Releases of Space

In the pipeline for the coming space-related releases we have warp speed to experience the thrill of space travel, more advanced engineering features. To increase protection for the motherships and its crew from opponents the number of gunner positions will be increased to 13 and 4 shield sections will be added. Also, heavy weapons, torpedos, will be added.

- Arachne -

When I don't harass my co-workers with yoga, I'm at the heart of things at MindArk: writing, collecting info for Release Notes, working on the web and doing other important tasks that come in my way.

Originally Posted Here

Can we fix the little bugs first ? The Q-Tool, Auto-Fire fails for me badly still :(

But space is nice too :)

It makes me worry, the Universe is growing quite hard but i don't have the feeling the playerbase is growing in the same line.

But can't wait to see how they worked out this space concept :yay:

For those of you who like conspiracy theories and what not, this is the same day that EVE is releasing their Incarna expansion (part of walking in stations) :D

Reactions: Lee
21st June eh?

Great - just don't forget to put the spaceships back in the hangars in that VU. :ahh:

saturn.jpg

I dont think there are enough Shinkiba Young on Calypso to cope with the sheer firepower that is going to be unleashed upon them.

I hope SDS put spawns of them all over the place.

Last edited:
Yay!

Enter spaceship..

Item is currently busy

Damn, spacepirates! Man the guns!!

Fail
Fail
Fail
Item is currently busy

Sod this! Nothing works!

You have been killed by a naked dildo weilding space vixen

Damnit, i've revived in a space-cave and cant get out...

It makes me worry, the Universe is growing quite hard but i don't have the feeling the playerbase is growing in the same line.

But can't wait to see how they worked out this space concept :yay:

Space is probably one thing that will increase the playerbase in the long run :)

WOW this rocks :yay::yay:

Space is probably one thing that will increase the playerbase in the long run :)

Only when it's affordable for the whole playerbase. We'll see how it works out.

Only when it's affordable for the whole playerbase. We'll see how it works out.

Yeah, i guess it depends on how much an ordinary small spacecraft will cost, because we will get shoot at by other players every time we enter space i guess. If it's too expansive the decay will be too much to pay.

Goodness me this looks rather fun :yay:

:yay: I hope they make fighters really cheap and UL

Anyone else thinks this will kill pvp4 zones? Space will be the new pvp with all the goodies?

Sweeet! I do hope I have escaped from the Revive Cave in Ancient Greece by then :scratch2:

Anyone else thinks this will kill pvp4 zones? Space will be the new pvp with all the goodies?

We still need the ores and enmatters found in the pvp4 zone, and it can bet some bad boy player will still shoot me if i try mine there....

The competitions start tonight (8th of June) at 00:00 Entropian time and end at 24:00 Entropian time on the 20th of June.

may be tonight at 24:00 or tomoroy 00:00
but how it is now sounds wrong

June 8th

The first competition will be won by the participant or participants receiving the biggest Hall of Fame entries for Hunting, Mining and Construction respectively during the competition time. If you win this, a Mothership Deed will be added to your Inventory.

Does this mean that there will only be three motherships - One for the biggest HOF in each catagory of mining, hunting, crafting from now until June 20 - or will there be more available as prizes? In other words, how many ships will be awarded during the time period in question?

Thanks

Hmmm these UL motherships will not be cheap, I predict bids in excess of 20000Ped, I guess the fighters will be limited?
Crap, now does the average player stand a chance in the bidding war for motherships?

Hangar Managers

There will be some special treats for our current hangar managers in this space release and a subsequent release.

Arachne,

I am happy to see that MA is doing something nice for the Hangar owners who have not been able to work their hangars all this time. Are they also going to do something for pilots who didn't own the hangars but worked them for the owners? While hangar owners have been compensated for their inability to use their hangars, non-owner pilots have not been as fortunate and lost an income stream.

Are teams ok?

sorry if its been asked.

kosmos

Auction

On the first day after the release, three Motherships will be placed in the Entropia Universe auction on a 24-hour auction period.

When the initial three auctions are won, one Mothership will be placed in the auction every 24th hour until MindArk deems there are an adequate number of Motherships for the current space and Entropia Universe population. There will be no prior notification that MindArk will stop releasing new Motherships to the auction.

No limit or buyout prices will be set for these auctions.

so basically they're using the UL motherships as a cash generating exercise and will keep releasing them until they've felt they've extracted enough cash :rolleyes:

The space will connect all planets in one universe and you can choose to travel between them in space ships instead of using teleportation.

so does this mean TP'ing will be an option? or is it MA spin to hide that they're turning it off and we have the choice to travel or not?

The first space release will include the following features:

• PVP fighting in the entire universe except in the parking zones outside the space stations.

so we can look forward to a zone outside the space stations full of pker's nice :thumbup: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Arachne,

I am happy to see that MA is doing something nice for the Hangar owners who have not been able to work their hangars all this time. Are they also going to do something for pilots who didn't own the hangars but worked them for the owners? While hangar owners have been compensated for their inability to use their hangars, non-owner pilots have not been as fortunate and lost an income stream.

Thats not MA problem, you should ask the hangar owner about that....

You could always buy your own L ship that doesn't need a hangar.

At first I was very excited but than I realized.....this will be only for the rich and famous.

The average Joe with a moderate income will not have a chance to buy something for space.
Only the rich and resellers will get a mothership and drive up the prices to insane heights.
Same will happen for the space fighters.

I have see this happen way to many times before.

Regards,
Ion

For medium fighters:
The winners have to receive the largest loot, during the competition time, from hunting the following mobs:

Is that for getting single highest Hof/global, or all loot during event time?

Back