Suggestion: Space Land Grab

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
Make a monthly Space Land Grab where societies fight over the right to collect taxes from space.

Taxes to collect:

- each use of jump gate by a warp capable ship - 1 PED;
- space station to surface 7 PED instant TP;
- interplanetary player teleport 15 PED - teleports around the world would be able to instant teleport any player to any planet surface;

I wish the mobility would be easier travelling from planet to planet but many times I find myself stuck, having to wait for warp services to come online or just wait for the bus... which makes me most of the times not want to travel much and that's bad for the game. A 10-15 PED fee would be decent to instant teleport and in order to protect ship owners investments, what better solution than an intergalactic Land Grab. Would be huge space update and lot more activity from all ships to attract other captains in their society / alliance. All space fees should go to the society that wins the monthly Space Land Grab.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
i made a suggestion around here on pcf to give everyone ability to warp, for an extra cost compared to regular use of MS/ Priv/ Eqqus, and make those components to be part of the space loot system, craftable, bringing some MU and some space attraction

yeah mobility is the future key for mM / MM and other events

I hate space, for me is a waste of time and the reason why I avoid other planets.
Interplanetary teleport should have been implemented few years ago already. Would be great to see a fix before UE5, if not hoping for UE5 to fix it.

If they had brought out transport missions as promised, then there would already be an exciting and fun way to collect "taxes" in space. These taxes are being collected every day and have been for years, they were supposed to be held as rewards for the missions.

If this had been implemented, there would be much less concern on protecting investments as there would be another use for the ships. I for one, having been helping run a transport business since the day motherships were launched, would have no issue with a comparatively expensive interplanetary TP, as long as it was not done as a way to destroy space. If space had other things to do, this wouldn't be an issue.

Aside from the whole protecting investments and trust concern, its more fundamental for me that space isn't destroyed as we live in Entropia "universe" and space should in theory be the biggest part of that. The space land area idea has been discussed before but the lack of any decent hunting made it seem quite pointless. Adding in the other fees might make it worthwhile, or just make hunting up there actually worthwhile.

With the discussion around the new jump gates, it will be interesting to see if they will provide a bit more info on this and if they would be taking player feedback on board.

Make a monthly Space Land Grab where societies fight over the right to collect taxes from space.

Taxes to collect:

- each use of jump gate by a warp capable ship - 1 PED;
- space station to surface 7 PED instant TP;
- interplanetary player teleport 15 PED - teleports around the world would be able to instant teleport any player to any planet surface;

I wish the mobility would be easier travelling from planet to planet but many times I find myself stuck, having to wait for warp services to come online or just wait for the bus... which makes me most of the times not want to travel much and that's bad for the game. A 10-15 PED fee would be decent to instant teleport and in order to protect ship owners investments, what better solution than an intergalactic Land Grab. Would be huge space update and lot more activity from all ships to attract other captains in their society / alliance. All space fees should go to the society that wins the monthly Space Land Grab.

Thoughts?
Cargo missions would have fixed the availability of ships a long time ago because people would keep them rdy fighting for the next mission and therefor be availble for warps. If a land grab were to happen in space which i think would be a good idea for tax control of gates, tp's or whole space servers - it should be a continous fight over control however otherwise ships would just get 'rented' for a single day and sit idle at other times again.
A fight over control in space would have to occurr for each space server separately, maybe by having to beat down a shield of a station first that could take a long time and be cost free dmg as to allow the defending party to rush for defense and pick up the challenge. That way ships would have to be continuously in use and not just a once a month rental.
Im not adverse to interplanetary tp's but these should be much more expensive then 15 ped (more like 50+ (as it would impact other already existing functions like auction fee's/vip flight prices etc if the price was lower which in turn would further reduce flight availability and increase idle status of ships if the margins were to slim)) and severely limited on what you can bring along or charge a cargo fee ontop by automatically generating cargo boxes as the transport occurs for the cargo missions and cargo loot pool.
The other important fix that needs to happen is profession requirements to be reintroduced for gun turrets to make sure that during such landgrabs only real players compete and avoid that some ships will be fully crewed by alt accounts just to fill gunner seats and dish out damage fast. Gunner professions need to matter again and higher lvl gunner should do more damage (why not have a switch for the ship between hunting mode and pvp mode, cant kill mobs in pvp mode and cant kill ships/players in hunting mode , then the gun turrets could have old style lvl100 mechanics for pvp naturally spreading out the dmg based on skill while allowing loot 2.0 mechanics for hunting mode for other requirements.

Last edited:
I think we're beyond the point of making instant teleporting available between planets. Setting a price on interplanetary teleporting will intervere with warps one way or another, fuses could go to 1000% and make a TP cheaper for one way.

I never understood the fuse part in Warp Drive blueprints anyway. You invest a minimum of 65k to buy a privateer, to find out that I can only do as much as there are fuses available for a decent price which can essentially park 130 ships in space...

Space will unfortunately always be very low on the prio list...

I think we're beyond the point of making instant teleporting available between planets.
This needs to be revised though. New engine will bring many players back and many new players as well and the efforts of PPs would be put in a better spotlight if this would become a thing. Most spawns int he game are pretty bad atm and a way for faster travel between planets would diminish this problem as you would have many options opening up...

sigh :rolleyes: here we go again :popcorn:

same people same argument same inaction from MA

Space is ruining the PPs like it is now and there's a ton of players not bothering or traveling very rare due to the only working economy and auction beeing on caly. There are many ways to solve the issue but doing what has been done for so many years for even longer time is for sure not going to fix it ^^ A quick fix while they solve the real problem could be to just enable free teleporters and then start on the transport mission plan they had years ago.

Love the idea but I only wish we had the population to support it and I don't see UE5 bringing in enough players and retaining them without some changes to how the underlying systems work.

When a new player buys their starter pack, that ammo is gone before hey finish their discipleship and they don't have any markup to sell to recoup the costs (because this is where 90% of players are grinding the same loot tables). Most players who join come from other MMOs and seeing what was their $15 monthly subscription go into a starter pack then dwindle away before the month end while playing the same amount of time leaves them all with a sour taste in their mouths and they ultimately leave.

Even with the Land Grabs we have now, it's literally less than what, 50 players competing for them in total? It's not enough and that's in part because the server would crash/have severe lag if you got anymore in that area. There is also no way for new players to participate in these events. Maybe if there was a terminal that offered super juiced up support items for players under say level 20 that can only be used in the events area so they could heal/give buffs/repair/etc there might be more joining but it's hard when they have 120HP, disciple armor and weapons/tools that do 10% of their HP as Dmg/heals. The gap in gear/skills is too massive for newer players to participate without some sort of support role for them to fill.

Then you got the cheaters who MA is not policing or has any anti-cheat software for. How can anyone really compete with that if they're not doing so themselves? This comes back to the silly low numbers of employees at MindArk. With UE5 it may be different as there are a ton of add-ons they can borrow from to work on these issue but it'll take time.

With that said it could easily be implemented the way it is now but it's really only serving a small number of top players, the same as the current land grab structure, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh... 15ped planetary tp... might as well just remove space at that point cause no one would bother going thru space at that point and you would make all the taxi or equus pilots compleatly irrelivant at that point.

And we all know if space LA's to collect taxes on warps would only feed pirates since most players don't do space pvp OR it would be one or two socs controlling the entierty of space which is the case with LA's on planets.

It would however be cool if there was more to do in space like some area that could be mined where the risk/reward factors where just right but i cannot offer any ideas of this at this moment... maybe someone else can? :)

I've not seen it mentioned so far in this thread that the 'package' delivered to MA years and years ago already included more development than has been introduced, with more ship types, for example, that were even published in still shots and videos featuring the space babe with a great .... voice.
I'm not sure what I wish for really: functionality and physics changes to make Newton proud, with increased depth of how spaceships (L) and add-ons become crafted (spacecraft engineer skill anyone?), or just simpler changes such as daily/weekly control of warp gates and surrounding territories - oh and mining rights maybe. Plus cargo stuff, yes.

Space is not the reason why most planets dont have activity. It is because most of them are barely developed and have little amount of events.
Since I warp quite a lot around my shops I can see that Next Island is going in the right direction and has pretty good activity because it is actually being developed. There are some good opportunities on planets if people sacrifice some time to travel around. If you dont sacrifice your time, you shouldnt be rewarded.

With Interplanetary Teleports implemented several things get effected:
- warp services (less need for services)
- shops (less importance)
- pirates (less people in space)
- auction (on other planets people sell different kinds of things for a little more %)

If it doesnt cost at least 50 peds, then it will unbalance a lot of things.

Regarding Space Land Grab - it could be interesting, just have to create a good reason to fight for such space. There could be a new special resource in that area (space mining) that could be used in crafting or adjusting. Or holding that area gets % from all space hunting. Problem is motherships would have great advantage - I dont know how it could be balanced.

Interesting ideas, but why stop there with Landgrab just for space itself. How about putting up a few mini-planets or moons with unique mobs and ores, etc. that are up for grab as individual landgrabs as well. Situate them directly in the center of space so they are equidistance from all planets.

Maybe change the way the loot pools work so ingredients for welding wire, thrusters, etc. are out there. Combine that with the recently announced mini-mayhems on each planet and you have some interesting space adventures.

Ancient history talks of space bases on Mars, etc. so lets get all of that stuff in game too, along with actual Akbal planet, etc.

They don’t have the resources to maintain space.. They should probably sell it off to some planet partner type system.

I’d love space and all the planets to thrive, but they just keep doing too much. Need to scale back and build up the base…

Space is not the reason why most planets dont have activity.
- warp services (less need for services)

I dont know how it could be balanced.
mate

i still hear this idea here and there that warp is a business and ppl are losing cause if tp from planet to planet gets an update ( either is via direct tp or is cause every ship can warp at a cost of a specific attached warp system )

-why i have to wait for a warp when the pilots hunting on planets, and they leave their business aside for non importance?
-why i have to wait in some cases 1 day to get back where i was before or idk...be forced to pay 2 trips if i only need one?
- why from 100 warps only few players do wrp services and 95% of others are keeping the ships for their own use ( are not interested in warp service )
- for those 5% u want me to sweat all day long ? who does a business and care for 5% despite the other 95% ?
- when u say is no interest or low interest cause are not many who want to travel i ask why not serve what is the actual interest and adapt later when space will be crowed and the need will put the selective warps in a new perspective? now we dont have any, nor the personal warping or the availability for whom wants to travel as it is now
- ppl have to suffer and pay double trips just because 5% are feeling robed for their activity ( partial activity cause everyone knows alts of regular players are flying those warp services ...is nothing new here )
-there's only one dedicated pilot who did a yuge effort to make a scheduled warp service ( JBK ), every other one is driven by wishes but lack of consistency

bring me a reason to play double warp and i believe u

l.e. yeah warps supposed to give a way to gain profit by moving goods from planet to planet at lesser costs than AH for items bought, or for goods stacked in crates who dont need to be moved quick, also giving to regular players the so much needed warp mobility for a light weight carriage ( competitive costs )....this is how i see the space traveling, + the way of moving more than 1-2 players at once, two main and important services : goods + players by number

:banana:

Last edited:
I always read in hunting gear related talks "dont invest more than you can afford to loose" because MA can change anytime and your gear loose value.
But anytime its space releated, i can read "MA cant change a single thing in space because space ship owners would loose value"
I dont understand why hunting gear can go worthless, but its forbidden for space ships.

I always read in hunting gear related talks "dont invest more than you can afford to loose" because MA can change anytime and your gear loose value.
But anytime its space releated, i can read "MA cant change a single thing in space because space ship owners would loose value"
I dont understand why hunting gear can go worthless, but its forbidden for space ships.
name some hutning gear that has become worthless, when asking for interplanetary tp's its not the same as a new gun its more like changing mobs to have armor of 500 to all existing damage types and telling you that there is this new towel that can whip them more efficiently for dmg ;)

as i said before im not against interplanetray tp's but tthe system needs to be in balance. Many many suggestions have been made in depth.

name some hutning gear that has become worthless, when asking for interplanetary tp's its not the same as a new gun its more like changing mobs to have armor of 500 to all existing damage types and telling you that there is this new towel that can whip them more efficiently for dmg ;)

as i said before im not against interplanetray tp's but tthe system needs to be in balance. Many many suggestions have been made in depth.

Worthless may was a strong word, but there were example for big price drops even in the closer past.
I would say the mod imperium armor, as i heard they went 100k plus before the upgrade became available again.
Who would pay 100k+ now when mod pristine goes for 1,5-3k each.

Worthless may was a strong word, but there were example for big price drops even in the closer past.
I would say the mod imperium armor, as i heard they went 100k plus before the upgrade became available again.
Who would pay 100k+ now when mod pristine goes for 1,5-3k each.
I see it more akin to just removing a profession all together. By making cheap interplanetary TP's you essentially remove the space transport profession, inclusive of need for Captain prof and its related skills - space craft piloting, deep space knowledge etc. Motherships have for the most part hovered around the same value for many years, not leaping in price creating vast profits for those who bought them, or people over paying for them and losing out like the above example.

I am sure there would be some people pissed off if you could no longer heal others, sure you can still use your heal tool on your self, just like we could still use the ship alone. Healing yourself however at least has a use, using a MS yourself is unless as currently there is nothing to do up there. I don't agree with removing an entire profession. And that's just talking about the niche professions, I very much doubt we would be having this conversation if the choice was to remove hunting/crafting/mining.

As I said above, I am not against interplanetary TP's, but dont destroy space in the process. Make there something really worthwhile to do, make transport still a thing - and strike a balance. Its a universe... space should thrive.

I see it more akin to just removing a profession all together.
In which case where do we sign up for the compensation buyback program akin to tierupgrader prof ? I got some decent tt in spacecraft piloting, vehicle structural repairing, Spacecraft Systems, DeepSpace Knowledge, Spacecraft Weaponry, etc. ;)

As I said above, I am not against interplanetary TP's, but dont destroy space in the process. Make there something really worthwhile to do, make transport still a thing - and strike a balance. Its a universe... space should thrive.
- space should be really vast, complex, wide spread 10-20 times bigger than it is now
- a MS should be something spectacular to be seen in action, something that only a MS could do from specific hunting space creatures, to specific missions and finishing with some own abilities, the warping 2 guys in an afternoon should not even be important at all, simply not worth to lower to that compared to what a MS means.... those ships in any outside game scenario represents ..ALWAYS .. the crown of space, fearless, spectacular
- a privateer should be something under a MS by criteria and to fit in a diff league of mission/ mobs/ use ... from ability to land on planets to specific categories ( attack, cargo, support.. whatever )
- quads should be just those small warping capability spears thru universe, limited to a specific weight carriage, and number of seats ( i'd say max 2 seats ), giving just the aspect of a fast ride, sensitive to all kind of space barriers, from acid gas clouds ( that can move around and never knowing where is located next, similar to mob spawn ), asteroids that move thru space, all kind of danger that can occur, a real challenge for those small warp ships to complete a journey sometimes doing 2 warps cause of some malfunction ( all kind of reasons, space is a dangerous place, not static, really dynamic, in a constant change and move ), quads can hunt only small creatures / drones / rogue robots / mean hacked space stations...etc
- piracy is part of this complex space activity by using special radars to detect potential targets, some targets are decoys, teams can do this by using a different space detection attachment to a single slot available, leaving the choice to chose what to attach on that slot, one ship use radar, one can use warp signature another one can hack conversations in a quadrant... and so on

is pity to see so rudimentary concept for interplanetary activity, and i remember first time they announced space VU, i was really upset cause toke me by surprise and i felt sad knowing i lost the start, but later on i saw the limited design and i was relieved knowing i lost nothing

name some hutning gear that has become worthless
It didn't become worthless, but imk2 used to be 240k at some point, went down to 40k some time after lot 2.0.

I feel the same, I feel we're all trapped in that space vehicles purchase made years ago and now we can't have nice things (ie. better universe mobility).

50 PEDs is silly when equus / firebird warp is 3.5 PED decay per warp and scheduled is 10 PEDs. 15 PEDs (double than SS to planet) would make perfect sense and we'd be fine to not be able to TP between planets with looted materials (insta-move them to storage upon teleporting?)

I hope MA does the smart thing for everyone and sets us free to instant travel between planets and THEN makes awesome stuff to the space to make sense for ship owners too...

It didn't become worthless, but imk2 used to be 240k at some point, went down to 40k some time after lot 2.0.

I feel the same, I feel we're all trapped in that space vehicles purchase made years ago and now we can't have nice things (ie. better universe mobility).

50 PEDs is silly when equus / firebird warp is 3.5 PED decay per warp and scheduled is 10 PEDs. 15 PEDs (double than SS to planet) would make perfect sense and we'd be fine to not be able to TP between planets with looted materials (insta-move them to storage upon teleporting?)

I hope MA does the smart thing for everyone and sets us free to instant travel between planets and THEN makes awesome stuff to the space to make sense for ship owners too...
Hangars used to go for 200k at their peak and then their privateer replacement was trading in the high20k/low30k at its lowpoint

IMK2 and mod imperium both have had peak valueations that maybe only 1 or 2 players were willing to go and both have and will have their low valueations - in case of imk2 it doubled+ from its lowpoint - there will always be fluctuations even big ones in an RCE but my point was that their value was never 'worthless'

A 15 ped interplanetary tp will make ships redundant and players wont invest in ships for tiny margins after alot of work. It would also reduce the amount players spent on instant auction deliveries cause you can just tp to caly craft everything there and then tp back where you need it.

You have owned a privateer yourself, there is value in mobility and it adds value to economies - time is money (in hunting,mining,crafting,trading,traveling,etc) - making things instant destroys large segments of an economy if it comes without any setback like the right (or any) valueation of time.

Just allow instant warp without any lootables (lootables automatically go to storage in planet if in inventory)

problem solved, planetary warping, saves time, and makes ships useful for moving items still. Can even make the warp cheap that way without affecting space travel costs.

Hangars used to go for 200k at their peak and then their privateer replacement was trading in the high20k/low30k at its lowpoint

IMK2 and mod imperium both have had peak valueations that maybe only 1 or 2 players were willing to go and both have and will have their low valueations - in case of imk2 it doubled+ from its lowpoint - there will always be fluctuations even big ones in an RCE but my point was that their value was never 'worthless'

A 15 ped interplanetary tp will make ships redundant and players wont invest in ships for tiny margins after alot of work. It would also reduce the amount players spent on instant auction deliveries cause you can just tp to caly craft everything there and then tp back where you need it.

You have owned a privateer yourself, there is value in mobility and it adds value to economies - time is money (in hunting,mining,crafting,trading,traveling,etc) - making things instant destroys large segments of an economy if it comes without any setback like the right (or any) valueation of time.
Value of ships comes from having everyone trapped and forced to wait until warp services are available. And quite a few hours a day there's no one.
With an instant TP system I (and many many others) would be able to start on daily missions across the universe on several planets but right now, for most of the players, the other planets are in the "fuck it" zone. Unless you own a ship and still have to go through the hassle of warping...
Ships would have a nice value if there would be nice content for space (which it kind is, with the new waves, but ships barely do those...). Not even in TEN-s there wasn't the activity all the fuzz around the space would seem to indicate..
The current value is from forcing us all through some part of content we do not want. AT ALL! And I don't buy the space balancing the economies. I believe an easier way to travel, instead of having to go trough services that are barely available, would help the planets much much more and the economies of the planets, if implemented right...

Again, most of us don't care about this segment of the game, we have very little to no interest in space. But I would prefer the space would have nicer content instead of having to force all players to go to warp services just because warp ships need a slice of pie. It's OK to have a slice of pie, but not cool to force it on 90%+ players and make planets suffer too...

Value of ships comes from having everyone trapped and forced to wait until warp services are available. And quite a few hours a day there's no one.
With an instant TP system I (and many many others) would be able to start on daily missions across the universe on several planets but right now, for most of the players, the other planets are in the "fuck it" zone. Unless you own a ship and still have to go through the hassle of warping...
Ships would have a nice value if there would be nice content for space (which it kind is, with the new waves, but ships barely do those...). Not even in TEN-s there wasn't the activity all the fuzz around the space would seem to indicate..
The current value is from forcing us all through some part of content we do not want. AT ALL! And I don't buy the space balancing the economies. I believe an easier way to travel, instead of having to go trough services that are barely available, would help the planets much much more and the economies of the planets, if implemented right...

Again, most of us don't care about this segment of the game, we have very little to no interest in space. But I would prefer the space would have nicer content instead of having to force all players to go to warp services just because warp ships need a slice of pie. It's OK to have a slice of pie, but not cool to force it on 90%+ players and make planets suffer too...
Im pretty sure you cycle/hunt something till you choose to travel regardless where you are - like making the most of your time and ressources and there is equus for sale to have that low weight near instant travel that you want at very low expence - its like buying that little bit of extra gear like a crit ring to have an edge in hunting.

So if you choose to not own a ship and then want to 'demand' instant near free transport seems abit off - i mean you wouldnt like it either if someone lobbied to change mob mechanics for them to start running if their health drops below 40% now that your main weapon is melee - just cause its more fair to all those over 90% players who dont have a mod katana and cant get one from trader anymore - and no im not asking for it - im happy as is and if i want one i buy one or rent one be it a sword,ship or whichever tool there is in the system for the respective intended use.

But to accuse ship owners of 'forcing' something on others when we just worked with the tools mindark provided in the system that mindark provided (like you planetside) - thats the actual non cool thing to do.

Nevertheless i already stated earlier that im not against interplanetray tps, as long as they are balanced and take existing economic procedures into account, so no need to get heated about it - but i will defend the basic principle that free everything (or just free travel in an instant) is bound to have a grave impact on our economy as a whole.

Just on this point, the current wave event and all hunting in space is awful. We did it for years until enough was enough. I was so hugely excited when the space wave was launched only to be massively let down. Aside from the fact they blocked motherships from doing it pretty much completely, it has all the same problems as all hunting in space has;
  • The mobs are tiny, those guns do 400dmg and we get lvl 30 mobs? There are ships sitting with somewhere around 50k to 200k+ "Health points", getting chewed on by a couple of baby mobs.
  • They are way too sparse , few and far between. Enjoy flying the 5 minutes between your tiny mobs, then onto the next one. We have to spend ages gathering up enough mobs to have gunners at least be able to shoot for a few mins...
  • The guns are completely inefficient, not suited to loot 2.0 and no way to change it.
  • Gunner levels are messed up, have been for years.
  • Space loot drops everywhere- used to be worth putting up with the issues when fuses only dropped in space.

Hunting in space, wave event or otherwise is abysmal atm. Hence transport is all we have. There is no point whining about it of course, we just stopped doing it, as it seems has everyone else. So no, I disagree, there is no nice content for space with the new waves.

It could be argued that the waves and hunting are designed only for quads, hence the small mobs, long distances between them etc. Which I could agree with. However that still leaves the big ships with no content or purpose other than transport.

If they are ever going to allow the bypassing of space via tp, and in turn create something that will result in active game play in space, it would have to be an awful lot better.

Otherwise, as so many others wish for - delete space - and just make all the planets continents of Calypso. As instant cheap TPs would be doing the same thing. Can call it Entropia world or something...

Last edited:
Space destroyed the planet partners..

Sorry. No that is no right, the lack of development in space destroyed the planet partners…

Before introducing new systems they need to get the basics right… This is with space, but also true for the whole game..

This needs to be a space game or not, not half arsed everything. Although it’s been 20years of this and no change so… Not going to hold My breath until MA gets bought out.

Back