Space makes me feel really... small

Jedi Trix

Hatchling
Im a new player to the EU. Still skilling up sweating and killing shinks.

I just wanted to post my reaction to space, even tho im a noob.

I was attracted to EU, after many years playing "Games" like wow etc. I wanted something better, something more captivating. EU promised travel between planets and a real cash economy.. great :)

But im saddened, cos now i feel stuck on Calypso. I cant travel without paying another avatar to protect me.. protect me from other players.

I dont like PvP, i dont want spec for PvP... but if i want travel past Calypso i have to pass pvp space.

Space makes me feel small... makes EU feel small to me.

The thought that players are encouraged to kill and loot other players sickens me. Shame on those who feel that they will profit from piracy, those rubbing their hands together thinking they are the ones who got "The Balls" to play in space.

Shame on MA for legitimizing piracy as a way to make money from others just to drive the economics of a game. To force people to leave all their goods in one place and buy new when they visit another planet.

basically
I dont want to PvP
I dont want to have to pay people to protect me from other players in a game
I dont want to be in a game that encourages others to kill and loot other players to fund their activities.

Were not talking about fantasy money here.. my peds is my MONEY... ill be dammed if im gonna risk loosing my MONEY to some ass hat player who has the advantage over me cos they have played more / spent more

Unless there is another option to travel, I cant see my interest lasting much longer in EU.

Regular PvP would be... OK.
Lootable PvP is just, well, stupid... If it was a few areas, sure, but all of it?

EDIT: No, I am not afraid of PvP, I even enjoy it sometimes. Problem is it will kill interplanetary economy.

I, Storm Spawn Bootcamp condone this thread. Pvp should be about choice.

ImThe thought that players are encouraged to kill and loot other players sickens me. Shame on those who feel that they will profit from piracy, those rubbing their hands together thinking they are the ones who got "The Balls" to play in space.

This made me laugh... :laugh:

Shame on MA for legitimizing piracy as a way to make money from others just to drive the economics of a game. To force people to leave all their goods in one place and buy new when they visit another planet.

Really, this sums it up.

Jedi Trix don't listen to the hate mongers.

Give it time for people to figure out how it all works. Seems to me in some ways it will be cheaper to travel between planets than before, thats got to be a plus point in my books. Before you had to pay 40peds tp fee. Now all you'll need is either a ride in ship or use your own sleip to fly. If you don't carry any stackables it makes little difference if it's pvp or not as you loose nothing if someone kills you.

Plus with this new system it will bring new opportunities...

Jedi Trix don't listen to the hate mongers.

LMAO, where are all the "hate mongers" he is listening to? :scratch2:

He stated his OWN OPINION as a new player to Entropia Universe. :yup:

The arrogant comment of one of the MA officials was that they absolutely don't care about it or your opinion:

Kim|MindArk said:
Youre not forced to do anything, you dont have to go into space […]

Voilà.

are you lootable in space pvp after you log off, and if so, for how long?

I tried finding players in space but all I found was water...
Jokes aside it will be easy to find no1 out there

The arrogant comment of one of the MA officials was that they absolutely don't care about it or your opinion:

Voilà.

So Calypso content update in august will be probably also only optional - we are not forced.

Wow... I just read about hanger owners. :(

For their trust and support of MA, for putting up the money in the hope of MA making good they got..

Well... in my opinion they got less than they deserved for their trust.

They had the idea that they were buying a business to transport people between planets.. and sure they have.. in time
But MA decide to auction bigger ships to other players first, then give Hanger owners smaller ships later.. wow!

On seeing how MA has treated them I have TT my kit, gave the ped away and am gonna go play somthing that is fun, the few friends I have made here are in agreement, were off to free play Lord of the Rings.

I can understand how the EU is an amazing dream, the reality is a bit lacking and I could never accept that forcing people into a situation where they have to put their property at risk of being taken by another player as acceptable.

oh yeah.. i dont have to go into space... i dont have to play or deposit either

I dont like PvP, i dont want spec for PvP...

The thought that players are encouraged to kill and loot other players sickens me. Shame on those who feel that they will profit from piracy, those rubbing their hands together thinking they are the ones who got "The Balls" to play in space.

I've the same opinion as above..I think in someway it reflects ones inner core! If given free ride... and lawlessnes, we have seen in many places arround the world these traits are expressed in their behavior. And apparently normal people have been shown to be engaged in despicable acts!

At one end of the spectrum:

and here at the other end of the spectrum:

And as such I dont' want MA to remove lootable PVP.. So

But I disagree with your following comment:

I think MA should keep lootable PVP....It's a nice way to get the inner core of some people lay bare open... time and again we've heard stories even from pker... how their pker frineds cheated on them (by pking and looting!)

So, no I want lootable PVP zone in EU... but not the entire space!

I know many of you (pker and their friends) might disagree with me, give me negative reps... but this is my opinion... and I like to express it!

Do whatever you like to please your souls... and I'd do mine :) Enjoy the universe :)

Last edited:
Been flying around in space all day for just a 25 ped fee to break atmo (using someone else's thruster), then using my own VTOL and oil. Haven't been attacked once. Haven't had to pay fees and have visted several stations, the Pirate Base, FOMA and CP. Getting ready to head back to Calypso Station for a bit.

People are making a big stink over nothing. Space is awesome.

You missed one thing about space, sure people can pirate, but not pirate freely, just like in regular lootable pvp on the ground sometimes the prey becomes the predator. Sometimes other pkers go into lootable pvp to find and kill other Pkers. For people who like glory and honour then taking on the pirates is a way to play the hero, take back from the crooks.
Oh and just like PVP4 on the ground, you are not forced to enter and if you do enter you very rarely see another living soul.
And since it wasn't clearly described;
In lootable pvp only item stacks will be lost(excluding ammo, ped, probes, enhancers(?)) so like animal hides/oils and ores/enmatters. Just don't go into PVP4 with those and you wont loose anything.

And since it wasn't clearly described;
In lootable pvp only item stacks will be lost(excluding ammo, ped, probes, enhancers(?)) so like animal hides/oils and ores/enmatters. Just don't go into PVP4 with those and you wont loose anything.
Are you sure? What about the following comment?
Kim|MindArk said:
Then what is the risk?

Well, you may get killed and have all your cargo stolen.
So a transportation of say furniture can get raided? :scratch2:

I've the same opinion as above..I think in someway it reflects ones inner core! If given free ride... and lawlessnes, we have seen in many places arround the world these traits are expressed in their behavior. And apparently normal people have been shown to be engaged in despicable acts!

At one end of the spectrum:

and here at the other end of the spectrum:

And as such I dont' want MA to remove lootable PVP.. So

But I disagree with your following comment:

I think MA should keep lootable PVP....It's a nice way to get the inner core of some people lay bare open... time and again we've heard stories even from pker... how their pker frineds cheated on them (by pking and looting!)

So, no I want lootable PVP zone in EU... but not the entire space!

I know many of you (pker and their friends) might disagree with me, give me negative reps... but this is my opinion... and I like to express it!

Do whatever you like to please your souls... and I'd do mine :) Enjoy the universe :)

acctually i havn't heard any.. i believe pkers are some of the most trust worthy people... i mean how many times have we not built towers using oil even beds and chelves at rig?.... pvpers atleast the old kind have a respect for personal stuff sure you might not live long but you wont have your stuff stolen in a situation where it would be "immoral"

Been flying around in space all day for just a 25 ped fee to break atmo (using someone else's thruster), then using my own VTOL and oil. Haven't been attacked once. Haven't had to pay fees and have visted several stations, the Pirate Base, FOMA and CP. Getting ready to head back to Calypso Station for a bit.

People are making a big stink over nothing. Space is awesome.

indeed very true havn't found a soul

Are you sure? What about the following comment?So a transportation of say furniture can get raided? :scratch2:

your ammo,peds,probes,items,furniture,bombs what ever can't be looted.. animal hides oil(outside your vhicle) ores and enmatts can be

MA did give note, that now u can loot Car´s..Vtolss etc. if u destroy it..
EDIT:U cant steal Car etc, but u can take everyting in Strogade :)

Are you sure? What about the following comment?So a transportation of say furniture can get raided? :scratch2:

I feel that this is out of context.

Kim was talking about risk vs reward. Something to the effect of: you may potentially have a great reward, but the risk is that all of your cargo (i.e. all those stackables you've been transporting) get looted.

acctually i havn't heard any.. i believe pkers are some of the most trust worthy people... i mean how many times have we not built towers using oil even beds and chelves at rig?.... pvpers atleast the old kind have a respect for personal stuff sure you might not live long but you wont have your stuff stolen in a situation where it would be "immoral"

okey.. rockstars that's the exception ;)

Back