Space, Map and the safe areas

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
I am considering going into space, but i wanted a bit of clarification if possible from peeps already gone

Looking at the Space Map, the safe areas cover the other planets but not calypso, so my question is in two parts

Firstly) The other planets, when you leave to go to space do you go straight into the safe zone?

Secondly) Calypso, do you go straight into PVP area and need to fly to the safe zone, and if yes, does everyone appear in space from the planet at the same starting position?

Rgds

Ace

In my experience so far, yes you usually appear in the same location breaking Calypso orbit. And you do have to fly a short distance to get to the station parking zone. I'm sure plenty can speculate on why this particular happenstance came to be, lol.

I can only confirm that on the neutral stations, the Pirate Base, and FOMA-Fortuna and Crystal Palace, you exit the station hangar directly into the PVP-free parking zone. I haven't yet descended on the other planets other than Calypso.

When coming back to Calypso this time, you enter at Port Atlantis. I'll try going up from Port Atlantis next time and see if that changes where I appear on the map.

You do have to fly a bit to get to the Calypso station but when you enter space you are not in a pvp zone, so you can safely enter space without worrying about getting shot right away.

As others have said, when you fly from Calypso planet surface up to space, it puts you well within the safe zone, just outside the Calypso Space Station. No problems going up.

However, if you wish to fly back down to the Calypso planet surface, you must leave the safe zone for some time before you reach the planet atmosphere, and you are definitely in lootable PVP during that time. The only 100% safe way right now is to teleport from the Calypso Space Station down to the planet for a charge of 7 ped.

I don't know if this is the same on the other planets, it does look like the other safe zones overlap the planets enough to allow you to travel back to the planet without ever leaving the safe zone. But I have only traveled up and down from Calypso, so don't know.

-Mack

You can safely travel between Arkadia space station and the planet, without entering PVP.

Although, ships can collide in space, even in the safe zone, so someone can poke you while flying around and burn all your SI.

Thankyou everyone for the replies, +rep

So entering space is safe from planets surface, now that is very good news. And means that i will now go up there and have a weeee look around

I think this will make space much more attractive to visit for the masses, and for those with stackables at least you can tp down (calypso) to make it also risk free.

So for trade routes it is the pvp between the safe zones, not nearly as bad as I thought Space PVP was going to be :)

Thanks again

Rgds

Ace

I think they should change it so when you return to Calypso you are over Athena Spaceport instead of PA.

Also, space is very tall - the highest I reached was just under +5000 and the lowest was just shy of -4100 - this makes for a lot of room to cruise around. I think, but I'm not sure (need to retest) that the safe zone is spherical, centered on the station, so you can exit in any direction.

:beerchug:

Miles

I think they should change it so when you return to Calypso you are over Athena Spaceport instead of PA.

I really have to agree. I wish they had combined Athena Spaceport AND Port Atlantis when they redid PA. It's great to come down into PA, but if it had been on a cliffside like it had been before (with a televator down to the beach) with all the landing platforms around that would have been really supercool.

Oh well. :)

Back