Space/Mothership Fail

Yes you are right.... and personally I want MA to be financially solvent.... and let them get the cash from ppl who can afford it.... period!

I agree. If rich players want the big toys, let them pay for it while we sit back and watch with awe. MA wants money? WHY NOT "take" it from the people who want to throw big money around... big risk, big rewards.

As for handing out motherships to the biggest loot. I believe MA is providing an opportunity for the mid-high level player to get lucky. Sure the ubers can pump all kinds of PED into the contest, but if average joe gets lucky, good for him. Skippie got a 41k HOF... congrats, now get over it and try to get a bigger one than him :)

All I am saying is MA knew they couldn't please the whole EU community, so they gave the big spenders as well as average joes a chance to own some nice things.

absolutely 0 rpg element, sure i'm interested in watching the auctions and hoping the prices are affordable... but seriously.. this is pre-fab apartments in space.

As i understand it the whole point of the mothership is somekind kind of rpg element, the ship needs a spacecrew to man the ship.

As i understand it the whole point of the mothership is somekind kind of rpg element, the ship needs a spacecrew to man the ship.

that would be the MMO element.

They dont get a shitload of peds if they let us loot it...

Of course they do because they have we have no chance to loot it from the first day but first after they believe that they has received enough peds.:wise:

I think they way they are awarding the free ones is stupid. All 'highest loot' type contests seem silly to me.. Skippie gets lucky and gets a 40k ATH.. That's not good enough? Now he gets a free mothership too? But the dozens of other people losing tons of ped trying to do do the same, well, fuck you very much too? Gee thanks MA. Reward the rich again. Sign.

So after all the years of people moaning that usually ATHs don't have items, have we now decided that we don't want ATHs to have items?

Who said they wont be crafted in the future? Remember MA gave away some of the first vehicles before any where crafted.

Who said they wont be crafted in the future? Remember MA gave away some of the first vehicles before any where crafted.

i think the auction till they think the universe has enough ships is a bit of an indication that they won't be crafted.

So after all the years of people moaning that usually ATHs don't have items, have we now decided that we don't want ATHs to have items?

If you search my post history I think you will find many examples of me telling people (Hi Stormer!) to go fuck themselves when they complained their ATH didn't have any items in it. That aside, you surely see the difference here between a regular loot and whether it has an item or not, and an extra prize guaranteed to someone that already gets the largest loot during a month or whatever the period of the contest is.

"Congratulations Mr. Lottery Winner! You just won our 'win the lottery' contest. Here is your prize!" :scratch2:

Hm yes, there are quite a few problems with this type of release:
1) No one knows how many ships will be released. People do not know that when crafting either, but speculation would be less with crafting releases. I am quite sure of that.
2) People will pay overprice for the first ships, then it will go down.
3) The price may not go down, if the people who bought the first ships decides they do not want to lose that PED and therefore manipulates or drives up prices to make sure it stays high. Again, much harder to do if crafting as then several ships would be released at the same time.
4) Someone with a fat wallet can just buy up ships until MA decides the "market is saturated" and then sell them off at even more than he paid (just look at estates).

etc

Like in number one you said how many will be released... Well with the cars seemed like a loot. What 250 cars where givin out? I was one of the lucky ones to receive one...

agreed with you there...

Stupid that we should gamble in order to get them, and just pray for a ATH....

Back