Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

I really don't care for space a all, but sign me up for the list.
Mindark should really start delevering what they promise, especially when they sell stuff with empty promises.

On a side note: your patience is incredible, there are buddhist monks that went into seclusion for years to reach the ultimate feeling of zen, that could still learn a thing or two from you :wtg:

Of course, I can't agree more.

Hyperion Hype Ayres ;)

For me space being lootable PvP means I avoid going there at all costs.

I can understand regions of space being Pvp, e.g. around the pirate base or maybe around some sort of mining region but I don't understand why the whole of space has to be lootable pvp.

Maybe if space was pvp but not lootable I would care less, given i never worry about it while on the second continent.

The difficulty is MA's role is to develop the EU platform and not really to develop space. PP's want MA to invest time in the platform (as this was the agreement) because this helps the PP, developing space doesn't directly help the planets improve/make money imo but it does add an additional element for the players.

Maybe the best option is for MA to lease the space around each planet out and let someone else develop each region...

add me please
Anny Divine Thundergirl

Yes a lot was promised but nothing is seen sadly... surprising lol

Can add me to that list too.

Great post John!
Add me as well please: New York Rose

I need a window: LOL

Last edited:
Great potential never really developed, I remember how I was excited about space when it came out, now I've lost every interest in it..
Add me too pls, Grom Widowmaker Hellscream

Finally we get that window! Now for the hatch with the Explosive bollts!

Dear Mindark, please put your focus on space as promised above - here is the list of avatars that support this request:

1) John Black Knight
2) Qster Qster QQQ
3) Titus SoReal Magnusson
4) Wand AxeMurderer Silva
5) Hawkwind Hawk Lonewolf
6) Alaina Bonnie Knight
7) milton osga hastings
8) Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
9) Antrace Letale Very
10) Mikkel Cowfoot Esteves
11) Granny Rowan Render
12) Judy Jetsina Summers
13) Tuloow Darc Tuloow
14) Cassandra Red Savage
15) Paul Jetman Masters
16) Chris Faceof Trimitzios
17) George Ace Skywalker
18) Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
19) Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
20) Boris Supaplex Ninic
21) Quell Que Star
22) Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
23) Harmony Bella Simpson
24) Hyperion Hype Ayres
25) Benjamin Ben Coyote

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring here John , and in fact I'm going to take waht was said in space and we can go from there..

Space Missions and Transport Missions: Let's face it, being a taxi cab driver is getting olkd fast, and with the pirates camping all entry points into space, it's no wonder why no one has funs...

But what if.. and I mean what if, wehre were multiple entry points into space, Much like multiple exit points from space...? I mean can you imagine those pirates sitting thrtere and wondering.. Where ar ethe ships? The answer to those guys who want to do this is.. "Go hunting for us, " or well find you.. either way, the campfire is being put out.. or as Smoke (The Bear says) "Only you can prevent forest fires.."

Then there's thene's new ships.. Come on, MA, Make a second generation quad that is in fact customizable..(Yes you heard me Customizable.. (as in apply colors/textures to a ship.. Why Am I saying this? Well the answer is simple.. It's the art of being stealthy.. or "Stealth"..(and yes this will be a boon to both not only the people who buy quads, but also to folks who create textures and who use colors.. I mean it's been proven arleady on some of the slepnir's now it's the quads turn to get a make over.. and hope you can spot me now!

Okay next Up shields.. and torpedos or missiles or wahtever.. Make them CRAFTABLE. and for all those explosive monkeys out there who have been crafting a ton of explosives that ususally get TT'ed? Get ready for a new round of crafting. as those explosives will be used in those torpedos (along with other blueprints that oculd be used to make the parts for said torpedos..

New Modules/ Shields/ Heck yeah, sheild s are good, but then when you got a torpedo coming in on you, there's gotta be a way to defeat said torpedo, and that is of ocurse.. Decoys! (Yes CRAFTABLE decoys, using those decoys that are sitting there idly on the Trade terminal..)USe them for the craft (just like the explosives, and watch your Pocketbooks grow MA.. seriously.. Missiles and Decoys? I approve! :sniper:

Now some other things that Might be added, why not PVP flagging and in fact .. my other favorite pasttime which is "Bounty hunting! Yes all you baddies out there, You better get nervious when you touch down at Arkadia or Calypso or Rocktropia.. After all I was thinking.. Marber, and scope with a cup of coffee, and a nice hiding spot.. and you better watch you back.. lol

Space Mining? Maybe it's time to up the ante here, people have been clammoring for this one for 5 years..
We need guys outthere, and we need people outthere to guard them.. after all you never know when a miner might get jumped by some "Baddies' and you'll need a body buard... after all, space is wild, it's fast, and it's downright dangerous...

Oh and finally, let's make space bigger.. a whole lot bigger.. at least couble the size.. if not triple.. Make thos flights worth the effort, not just some simple "Stroll Through the partk.. Line it with Space mobs that canwander outside of space areas, and other navigational hazards (There's an asteroid field.. let'suse it..

Now for hte bad guys, here's someething to consider... Move howling wolf mine to the center of the borard.. right around the intersection of major flight routes.. that wa the bad guys can hae soem say in the matter... after all they need a home too, if there's a ton of bounty hunters looking for them..

Alright with that said, I'm going to leave this with this final word, and it's from teh movie The Right stuff...

Because No bucks, means no buck Rogers.. and everyone wants to see us 25, become buck Rogers..
(At least we hope we become it..) After all This Astronaut/cowboy/pilot) wants mroe control over his ship.. and this includes better flight controls with Joysticks.. after all , the quad right now? I't more like a space shuttle than a real fighter.

So.. We want a window.. and that hatch with the explosive bolts.. After all we're "The Right stuff" Nuff said.

(Sgt) Benjamin Ben Coyote,IFN Marines
a.k.a "The Blind Sniper" (and ) "His_Dog_Spot"

please think just a moment longer about

all the potential EU has, as most of us think

all the excitement we already feeled here, however long we've played already

and all the confidence and optimism we lost

nuff thought, move on stoopid! let's expect a beer shipment soon... :smoke:

Add my name to the list..

Brendan Slick Gould

Agreed - We want a Window

Ernest Bilko Sgt, please add me to the list.

Spot on with the posting JBK, and some really awesome ideas from those that have replied.

Add me as well please

Darwi Dar Odrade

full suport !!!

i do feel the same way, "spacers" are avantars to, we need that content to be realeased !!!!
Hope MA will take this petition into their "work orders"
best regards
Half

+1

add me in list, please.

Davin Trooper Felth

sadly this is the same old from them, I'm so done with their BS and empty "promises." now it says space is 'on our radar" and for end of 2016... in other words, forget it.

I haven't been to space yet and I don't know much about it. I hope one day I will activate in space too.
Still, I will sign up for this because it's bigger than space itself. It is about trust, about beeing proffesional, about common sense, etc.
III Dusk MMM

Subscribe Sandal San Tolk.

Just look at games like Elite:Horizons (Space game which recently introduced planet landings, i.e. the other way around compared to EU) or the upcoming No Man's Sky with its seamless movement from and to planets. If EU doesn't do something about its antiquated coordinate systems and movement mechanics, it will be left in the dust in the not-too-distant future. All the competition has to do is plug in an exchange system based on real-world values, and EU's edge is gone. Blockchain technology enables that more easily than it was previously. MA has been pioneers, but nobody ever has been able to rest on such laurels. I tried to point this out before, but the thread ridiculously got deleted for 'promotion'.

When I look at other 'projects' I am left with the feeling that the state of the universe here is basically: light years behind!
However, over the history of computer, console and arcade games, most of my favourites are from many years ago, sometimes with an almost elegant simplicity. There was a 2-D scrolling game with a flying vehicle and heavy payload pod at the end of a swinging arm. You had to try and vector the vehicle and swinging pod along passages without hitting the walls, but only your vehicle had a thruster and gravity was obviously acting on the pod too.

I do not think MA has any chance at all of copying the competition successfully right now, but if it can get some features right then we may still see a very enjoyable product within the massive limitations we also appear to have. As you can see above, I'd personally love to see some vectoring fun! I don't really need the seamless transition to space stuff to feel good, for example, but make the space servers kick ass when people choose them pls MA.

I don't really need the seamless transition to space stuff to feel good, for example, ...
You and I and many others who have been around and invested much time and/or money in their avatars and social relations will likely stick with it, limitations and all. Not all of these limitations are felt as bad, they are part of this mental home. But new players will be drawn to something better when it comes along, and that is a problem. The better is the enemy of the good.

This is just one of many things they should do. Fix damn ugs and complete one thing before starting something new. Put my name on the list ofc.

Thanks all for your support and keep it comming, let those of your friends whom you think might have an interest in space know about this and maybe those who dont as well (since we are getting good support from players who care about fullfillment of made promises).

Why is my avatar name not on the list, I said I am supporting it on page 3 of thread? :(
Updated you accordingly toxic, sometimes forum posts dont update for everyone at the same time (guess due to browsercache), yesterday yours didnt show for me today it does.

Half, Freyr and Igi - please update your posts or add a new post with your full avatar names please (when i go and refer this thread to Mindark they shall not think i made names up by myself) - thank you very much :)

Last edited:
add me its about time MA stepped up and deliver on its promises..

BTW the way even loot is not good anymore:yup:

Last edited:
The saga of space

It would, indeed, be a fine thing to have MA fulfill it's promises... but then what horrors might we have to live through before they are able to get it right? :wise:

"Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" - Garth Brooks:cowboy:

Back