Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

I agree! But there is more than just space that gets this treatment...

Love this update

It shows the real progress of our virtual world, unfortunately close to the temperature in space, measured in Kelvin.

Space doesn't just need new ships though, it needs to appeal to everyone.

That means loads of ships that don't need Millions of peds spend on them just so they're not as thin as cardboard protection. If MA want money, then make it so you can have upgrade weapons, and warps, add-ons that "turn you on", not add-ons that appear they're just taking you for a ride.

Fun bolt-on's.

Even build your own ship, with loads of different bolt on parts....that would be brilliant. Potential for tons of upgrading then. Sell a module and upgrade to another module....how awesome would that be.

A whole new area of space not lootable PVP...even if still PVP, to mine hunt and have fun.

I think this game has gone too far on the robbery angle....it's getting boring.

Anyway bring it on.

Rick

It would, indeed, be a fine thing to have MA fulfill it's promises... but then what horrors might we have to live through before they are able to get it right? :wise:

"Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" - Garth Brooks:cowboy:

Cosmic Horrors? :D

You may add my name to the list. Side Slay Show

I hope they bring something fun to do in space soon.
Maybe some aliens that kidnap some space travellers and others must rescue them within a set time or they die and return to ss. ;)

Space doesn't just need new ships though, it needs to appeal to everyone.

snip

Well this is a clip from 2011 showing some really cool ships and maybe some technology we havent seen yet.
Time we actually got some of these promised items I think.

put me on the list
Juliane Emma Morgan

Just on a point of interest I decided to work out what the total amount of money is that the various ship owners have got invested. As a rough estimate it comes out at to a minimum of 6.3 million peds or $630,000 in real money. That's 71 privateers at an average of 50k peds each, 19 MS at an estimated average of 90k peds each and 21 red ships at 50k each.

That's the scale, at the minimum, of the investment that people have put into space just in terms of the "hardware." We deserve more than just promises year after year.

Reactions: San
Just on a point of interest I decided to work out what the total amount of money is that the various ship owners have got invested. As a rough estimate it comes out at to a minimum of 6.3 million peds or $630,000 in real money. That's 71 privateers at an average of 50k peds each, 19 MS at an estimated average of 90k peds each and 21 red ships at 50k each.

That's the scale, at the minimum, of the investment that people have put into space just in terms of the "hardware." We deserve more than just promises year after year.

While some of these figures are markup values and not original investment values made by players, if you include shipupgrade costs considering the known si of some ships around the universe as well as the a lowball average number of travelers between planets leading to fuelburn/planet entry fees/space station tp fees/warp drive decay/pvp ammo costs/pve hunting expenses you will even with a very moderate assumption easily exceed 1million $ spent on/in space by players over the last 5 years.

Well this is a clip from 2011 showing some really cool ships and maybe some technology we havent seen yet.
Time we actually got some of these promised items I think.

??? What is new here?

Space the pirates frontier ...
watch how they cheat and exploit whitout fear of any penalty or ban
and then wonder why ppl dont wana go there...

space was fun for me only short while until first changed ,
then MA take away my chance to defend my self in NOT lootable way
continued whit bugs and exploits that only favors pirates...

well its shame mine UL quad is flying only on planetside but at condition as it si now
its for me not realy worth go up there

too many things needs to be fixed and balaced

so yes put me on list

Tomas T79x Hope

put my Name up there Strash need some attention back to content of space

Please add me to the list John, Richard Dirk Tomlin

Dirk

Of course I´d love to see more and better balanced space content. Let the space opera begin! Add me to the list please

Gl & hof big!

Just a heads up.
If you want to be added to list you need to post your full in game avatar name in your post.

since you are looking at the past...

quote from 2005:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...th-big-crews&p=2693582&viewfull=1#post2693582

Internet Archive Link
6-a: Ventures into space will come in 2005. We hope to bring real time space ship combat with robot ships and other space living entities. Asteroid mining will also be a part of it. I envision a major star ship with a crew of 100 people all manning various functions of the ship, like engineering, guns, torpedos, strategic command, shields, power distribution, hull repairs, etc, allwoing for major epic battles in the sky.

Add me please too. 'James Conners Stoke'
Cheers.

I completely agree that space deserves some development focus of Mindark.
Big Thumbs Up for Space Development.

add Hemer Rush Hermenegild :smoke:

MA apply the "moonshots"!

Add please, Vi V3r0nyka BitFury. Thank you :)

Please add me

Jyoti Nisha Rahasya

... and best of luck out there :)

i cant say i like space since as an hunter its more of an nuisance to me,
but ma should really focus on space for all those players that invested/skilled space,its about time they do what they announced

so please add me,dutch fluske mooren

I'm in...

MA where are the space travel missions planned for... one year ago or close? (June 2015) :scratch2:

Back