Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

Sorry if this offends anyone but I really couldn't care less about space, I quit playing EVE Online years ago and space and spaceships is not why I play Entropia.

I understand that some have invested decent sums of cash into the idea of space and travel services and it's unfortunate how that aspect has been neglected, but that's a trend we see across all of EU, not just in space. Some of us have spent decent sums in Land Plots and those just sit there being just as useless as some of the Privateers up there, the BPs that used the transgen fruits stopped dropping as soon as the ArMatrix were introduced, just a few months after gardening came out.

MA is spreading themselves too thin and aren't really able to cater to everyone and every aspect of the game and seem to only be able to work on 1 or 2 things at a time...

Sorry if this offends anyone but I really couldn't care less about space, I quit playing EVE Online years ago and space and spaceships is not why I play Entropia.

I understand that some have invested decent sums of cash into the idea of space and travel services and it's unfortunate how that aspect has been neglected, but that's a trend we see across all of EU, not just in space. Some of us have spent decent sums in Land Plots and those just sit there being just as useless as some of the Privateers up there, the BPs that used the transgen fruits stopped dropping as soon as the ArMatrix were introduced, just a few months after gardening came out.

MA is spreading themselves too thin and aren't really able to cater to everyone and every aspect of the game and seem to only be able to work on 1 or 2 things at a time...

Well if they are to focus on things I would hope its in order of realisation... so those dam useless plots can wait till space is sorted :D

Space has been apart of this game since Crystal Palace and the Asteroid

Lets not forget - we are still waiting for space and all outstanding promises...7years and counting...

This is an overview for us 'spacers' to not forget how long we have been waiting for Space and what has been promised so far.
I intend to continue this list into the future as the following years state of the universes are released and hopefully we can show to Mindark that we would really apreciate if things would move on from the promised stage to 'active content'.
Please add your name to the thread if you want to show Mindark that you care about space and would appreciate if they set their focus on it.

2011:
June 8th
Coming Releases of Space

In the pipeline for the coming space-related releases we have warp speed to experience the thrill of space travel, more advanced engineering features. To increase protection for the motherships and its crew from opponents the number of gunner positions will be increased to 13 and 4 shield sections will be added. Also, heavy weapons, torpedos, will be added.

- Arachne -

Originally Posted Here
We are still (in 2018) missing advanced engineering features, shields, heavy weapons, torpedos and some active gunner positions - which were promised during auction sales of motherships.

2012:
To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets.
Originally Posted Here
which sadly didnt happen :(

2013 Space was forgotten on the roadmap at first and then after an outkry of the community a promise for space was added:
Somehow the section about space development was inadvertently omitted from the State of the Universe Address. Apologies for any confusion or panic this ommission may have caused. Space is definitely part of our development roadmap for 2013, rest assured.

I have added the following section to the Entropia Universe Buzz article-

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.
which sadly didnt happen either :(

in 2014 then Space was entirely forgotten and noone cared to make any statement about it at all:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

2015:
[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2015[/h]

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.
Originally Posted Here
Which again didnt happen.

2016:
[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2016[/h]
Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Galactic transport & space missions.
Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.
Originally Posted Here

And again - it didnt happen.

2017:
MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay, specifically ship balance and travel. Once those important balance issues are resolved, we look forward to implemented new and previously planned features, such as galactic transport.
Originally Posted Here

Lets hope.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
History for support case 322834:

2016-05-10 10:46 You wrote:

Hello, i wanted to raise awareness towards a petition supported so far by 82 players of entropia universe, many of them established longterm players.
This petition is about all the promises and public statements made by Mindark regarding space development and features since 2011.
We are asking that atleast this time in 2016 you do keep your word and put development focus on space as promised so many times before and to please not forget all the other initial promises uppon which many of us invested our money and time into entropia space in hope and trust of those promises comming true.
A select of these promises have been listed in the below linked pcf forum thread along with a list of all the players supporting and asking you to finally make development focus on space happen.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...se-an-overview-and-outlook-of-past-and-future

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Kind regards
John Black Knight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have already added your name to the list you may want to let Mindark know by yourself that you support focus on space development through a support case referring to this petition and the initial support case 322834.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right to raise shields JBK.

''Raise Shields!'

Feels like 2014 all over again, where Mindark completely ignored space and didnt even bother to make a single public statement regarding space - 8 days to go and another year will be gone:
2011 - space promises made and not kept
2012 - space promises made and not kept
2013 - space promises made and not kept
2014 - space ignored
2015 - space promises made and not kept
2016 - space promises made and not kept
2017 - space promises made and not kept
2018 - space ignored (so far)

Dear Mindark please do not forget you sold motherships 7 years ago and the following initial sales features are still not delivered:
- advanced engineering features
- shields
- heavy weapons
- torpedos
- more active gunner positions

You sold Equus 3 years ago and heavily damaged the transport market for privateer/mothership owners (with equus and auction transfer) while promising galactic transport missions for everyone (including equus owners) - you still have not delivered while collecting auction transport fees for years.

You broke Gunner profession in 2014 making it the only hunting profession to not take skills into account (before higher skill meant higher damage / afterwards everyone hits for same damage making it pointless to skill up) - and have not bothered fixing it in 4 years.

Despite lots of feedback for 6 years regarding to thin hunting spawns in space and the fact that you cant work with the same numbers as planetside since in space mobs spread out in 3d (not 2d like on planets) - you have not bothered to atleast provide a single place with a dense mob spawn.

Last edited:
ya for the most part all I do is gunner on daily warps now. Everything you stated basically sums up why I don't bother skilling, or investing into space anymore. If I want to play a game with good space combat and meaningful rp, I play elite dangerous.

but I do keep my fingers crossed that MA wakes up and taps spaces potential by expanding it's gameplay options. Not like they dont have a pool of input to base updates/expansions on.

Mindark's biggest issue is the fact that they don't understand and by all appearances don't even care what business they are in, or what their playerbase actually wants. Most everything they devote resources to over the past, at least, 5 years is not even relevant to this game or what this game's players want.

I'm sorry but Compet or deep token or social VR is not going to improve or revive this game. It's very simple, people do not play this game for those features. It's honestly mind blowing to me how badly they can screw up such a cash cow.

MA..... KEEP IT SIMPLE. You dont have to reinvent the wheel every 6 months. sigh.

They did remove the planet landing fee though. Which, always seemed ridiculous to me. So that was at least a small step in the right direction.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but Compet or deep token or social VR is not going to improve or revive this game. It's very simple, people do not play this game for those features. It's honestly mind blowing to me how badly they can screw up such a cash cow.

MA..... KEEP IT SIMPLE. You dont have to reinvent the wheel every 6 months. sigh.

Bravo, bravo! **applause**

This is an overview for us 'spacers' to not forget how long we have been waiting for Space and what has been promised so far.
I intend to continue this list into the future as the following years state of the universes are released and hopefully we can show to Mindark that we would really apreciate if things would move on from the promised stage to 'active content'.
Please add your name to the thread if you want to show Mindark that you care about space and would appreciate if they set their focus on it.

2011:
June 8th
Coming Releases of Space

In the pipeline for the coming space-related releases we have warp speed to experience the thrill of space travel, more advanced engineering features. To increase protection for the motherships and its crew from opponents the number of gunner positions will be increased to 13 and 4 shield sections will be added. Also, heavy weapons, torpedos, will be added.

- Arachne -

Originally Posted Here
We are still (in 2019) missing advanced engineering features, shields, heavy weapons, torpedos and some active gunner positions - which were promised during auction sales of motherships.

2012:
To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets.
Originally Posted Here

2013 Space was forgotten on the roadmap at first and then after an outkry of the community a promise for space was added:
Somehow the section about space development was inadvertently omitted from the State of the Universe Address. Apologies for any confusion or panic this ommission may have caused. Space is definitely part of our development roadmap for 2013, rest assured.

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.

in 2014 then Space was entirely forgotten and noone cared to make any statement about it at all:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

2015:

Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.

To create the potential for more exciting and rewarding PVP activity in space, there are plans to refine the balancing of spaceships and spaceship weaponry in order. Along with that rebalancing, additional PVE space content is planned for Q3/Q4 2015.
Originally Posted Here

2016:
Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Originally Posted Here

2017:
MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay, specifically ship balance and travel. Once those important balance issues are resolved, we look forward to implemented new and previously planned features, such as galactic transport.
Originally Posted Here

And yet again - it didnt happen.

2018:
This time we got no state of the universe at all and no mention about any promises past or future regarding space.

2019:
Waiting for this years state of the universe address and some form of recognition that entropia is called a 'universe' of which one of the most essential parts is space - cause without it there wouldnt be a universe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
History for support case 322834:

2016-05-10 10:46 You wrote:

Hello, i wanted to raise awareness towards a petition supported so far by 82 players of entropia universe, many of them established longterm players.
This petition is about all the promises and public statements made by Mindark regarding space development and features since 2011.
We are asking that atleast this time in 2016 you do keep your word and put development focus on space as promised so many times before and to please not forget all the other initial promises uppon which many of us invested our money and time into entropia space in hope and trust of those promises comming true.
A select of these promises have been listed in the below linked pcf forum thread along with a list of all the players supporting and asking you to finally make development focus on space happen.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...se-an-overview-and-outlook-of-past-and-future

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Kind regards
John Black Knight

If you have already added your name to the list you may want to let Mindark know by yourself that you support focus on space development through a support case referring to this petition and the initial support case 322834.

Updated first post to bring us into 2019 - lets see if we get a state of the universe address this year as last years was missing...and finally some delivery for space on up to 8 year old promises and sales features - products(ships) that were sold a long time ago are still awaiting completion...

In additon to not following up on made promises here are some of the most glaring (design)bugs in space that effect players since 2011 on a daily basis:
- players need to be prompted with a list of lootable items they carry(and their value) when they are about to enter space - give them a quick storage option to drop everything lootable at once in their storage if they dont want to run the risk - or to abort entering space
- players are still being rewarded for not playing the game (eg. logout on ships still allows to transport goods, giving player who dont play an edge over players who do)
- gunning range in space is still unbalanced (small fast ships - short range / slow big ships - long range [how hard can it be to fix this basic concept of logic and fairness?])
- desynchronisation issues between servers for ship inside/outside are still causing a multitude of issues (avatars needing to be relocated, servers needing rebootet, stuck ships needing to be fixed, revives not working)
- gunner profession is still the only hunting profession where skills are not applied (a higher profession level does not give any advantage in damage done) (broken since 2014)
- players who dont carry loot can still attack players who carry loot without risk (make part of fueltank lootable/allow ships with more fuel(at risk) to fly faster)
- space needs to be on a separate lootpool for which you can only qualify while hunting in space (cycling alot planetside should not give you the highest chance to global when competing with space hunters - and vice/versa) - this will also allow to finally increase mob spawns in space without risk of space hunters 'outwinning' planet side hunters

Last edited:
Dear Mindark, please put your focus on space as promised above - here is the list of avatars that support this request:

Request to be added please. But also add the space courier stuff.

The space is nice except for pirates. Mindark, continue with the development of space, but please eliminate theft and piracy. Because that is not pvp is only abuse and theft from the back. For the other good, the space is very good. :). GL:cool:

Maybe now ma has seen the amount of ama space questions they might have more of an insight into how many people really care for space. :)

Still no update for space and no answers from the AMA section apart from completly sidestepping all questions.
We didnt even get an answer if there is a budget for space or a person named responsible for it.

The last camera update reduced gunner vision in space and made us loose team targets whenever changing server - these need a fix as well as so many other mentioned issues.
Every time a gunner switches seat (which is often necessary to shoot at quad attackers at a certain angle or range(hello range fix?!)), he/she switches server and looses all team targets - this makes it necessary to keep a list of avatar names and constantly reset the teamtarget after each switch.
Can we please have an indication on the gunners HUD in which direction other spacecrafts are ? That would be the least if we have to live with reduced vision and shoot through the ships body 90% of the time to hit something of which we can only see a tiny triangle.

Still no update for space and no answers from the AMA section apart from completly sidestepping all questions.
We didnt even get an answer if there is a budget for space or a person named responsible for it.

The last camera update reduced gunner vision in space and made us loose team targets whenever changing server - these need a fix as well as so many other mentioned issues.
Every time a gunner switches seat (which is often necessary to shoot at quad attackers at a certain angle or range(hello range fix?!)), he/she switches server and looses all team targets - this makes it necessary to keep a list of avatar names and constantly reset the teamtarget after each switch.
Can we please have an indication on the gunners HUD in which direction other spacecrafts are ? That would be the least if we have to live with reduced vision and shoot through the ships body 90% of the time to hit something of which we can only see a tiny triangle.

ya I've ticketed about all that, got the generic response. It's a real shame, but I dont think they care about any of us space players still. I'm still convinced the new CEO thing is just rebranding a product with depleted creditability to help it regain some, but aside from that no real change.

When space changes I'll shut my mouth about that theory, but not till then :)

ps; by changes I don't mean screwing up all pvp mechanics in space. Some "good" change that space players want lol

I agree its time we add to space. Its getting beyond ridiculous now.

As 2019 nears its end, we are still waiting for an answer to the AMA most basic space questions as well as an announcement/ follow up on when space will finally get its due updates as listed in this threads opening post and many follow ons.

Some of the most glaring issues being that galactic transport missions are still not implemented even though players have been charged into a 'lootpool' for over 4years now as bussiness was taken away from transport ships and the promised alternative (transport missions) never delivered.
Another being the still missing ship features as announced during their initial sale in summer 2011.
As well as a total absense of any content for large spacecrafts - all space mobs out there are scales in size and density for quadwing hunters - there is no hunting ground that would accomodate even the most basic privateers or motherships and certainly nothing that could keep a fully crewed spaceship busy.

Well now that mayhem is almost over maybe we can get back to finishing some of the previous updates.

- Codex on more planets
- Armor lvl requirements
- Denser Dropship spawn in space
- HUGE Shared Space BOSS in pvp lootable for sum real action!!!! :)

That would keep us busy a while I think :)

Well now that mayhem is almost over maybe we can get back to finishing some of the previous updates.

- Codex on more planets
- Armor lvl requirements
- Denser Dropship spawn in space
- HUGE Shared Space BOSS in pvp lootable for sum real action!!!! :)

That would keep us busy a while I think :)

Yarrrrrrrrrrr

Had been nice to have a space instance event once a year where any type of ship can go to.
No fixed dates each year but still some weeks warning.
In this instance there shuold be a giant ship similar to the one that whiped Calypso out (Titan).

Motherships and Privateers attack from the outside, smaller ships head for robots on the inside,
but it can't be entered until it reach a certain level after attacks on the outside.
That way even those who have Motherships and Privateers can join the attack on the inside.
Fixed amount of robots on the inside, and some semi bosses, and a giant boss at the end that
has to be killed from space, but now any kind of ship will be able to join the attack.

Well... I'm convinced MA will ignore space until the game dies from here on out, if it makes any of you feel better.

Last edited:
The first post can no longer be updated, therefor here is the update:
-----------------------------------------------

2011:
June 8th
Coming Releases of Space

- Arachne -

Originally Posted Here
We are still (in 2020) missing advanced engineering features, shields, heavy weapons, torpedos and some active gunner positions - which were promised during auction sales of motherships.

2012:
Originally Posted Here

Space

2015:

Space

Originally Posted Here

2016:
Space
Originally Posted Here

2017:
Originally Posted Here

2018:
This time we got no state of the universe at all and no mention about any promises past or future regarding space.

2019:
Mindark did change nearly half of space to be no longer lootable, making space less scary for the average player.
In consequence they broke the concept of warp gate points as some of them are now located in non lootable space and therefor pointless to mine. The AMA inititive in early 2019 remained a complete dodge for space related questions and no answer was given regarding the assignment of a responsible person/budget for space development.

2020:
Waiting for this years state of the universe address and some form of recognition that entropia is called a 'universe' of which one of the most essential parts is space - cause without it there wouldnt be a universe.

Last edited:
Looking on the bright side, your English is growing in variety. On the downside, you may be running out of ways to basically repeat yourself in progressively 'upped' language...
As usual, hoping to use irony just a short while before MA does something totally unexpected and worthy of praise..... - nah, won't happen!

Looking on the bright side, your English is growing in variety. On the downside, you may be running out of ways to basically repeat yourself in progressively 'upped' language...
As usual, hoping to use irony just a short while before MA does something totally unexpected and worthy of praise..... - nah, won't happen!

Lets hope i will be able to say something more positive about 2020 when it draws near its closing - dear Mindark make it happen :cool:

Just poking around the dark depths of PCF and came across this. Seems we have had some recent space updates, but still lack many of the features mentioned in the OP. Interesting history lesson for a returning player.

Back