Space travel means no travel at all

I'm in NI, spent about 3k peds worth of ammo....my loots were mostly stacable.... I refused to TT them....and I can't sell them....so i'm now broke..... doing almost nothing! :)... I'm glad i'm undergoing slow gradual withdrawal from entropia addiction... Now, thank you MA for helping me cure my addiction by introducing lootable space :)

All I need is to get an ATH and then get looted.

The probability for an ATH is very very low and you might have to play for quite some time to get one. Not sure if space still exists then.

I'm in NI, spent about 3k peds worth of ammo....my loots were mostly stacable.... I refused to TT them....and I can't sell them....so i'm now broke..... doing almost nothing! :)... I'm glad i'm undergoing slow gradual withdrawal from entropia addiction... Now, thank you MA for helping me cure my addiction by introducing lootable space :)

Wait, you painted yourself into a corner, you refuse to do the obvious thing that would get you out and somebody else is somehow at fault?

RT exists since more than a year and it's not new for us, rocktropians, to have issues getting all ressources - stackables or not - since the beginning.

OK, when space wasn't there, someone just had to pay 80 peds to go to calypso and back with what needed, but as you know, very few active members on RT (what you call active members is rather players that can afford to pay 80 peds to tp there and back... the majority of players are active, but can't afford to pay 80 peds tp fee and buy items in large quantity enough to make it not so pricey)

What i mean by this post is: yes, we have new issues but us rocktropians are used to the situation to have lack of potentially everthing, and everyday's rocktropians has not changed so much... It even getting better because we now put our stuff at auction and IT SELLS since space is here, instead of auctionning our stuff on caypso.

In conclusion, things are not always like they seems to be from outside point of vews. If you keep going, am sure you'll find your ways to overcome new problematics that space can bring. We are just a little more prepared to space, us, rocktropians.

A new challenge has just begun, EU is dynamic :)

So what about traveling with an mothership? Wouldn't that be protection enough even if you carry stackable. The mothrship owner and crew ferry you to where ever you like for a small fee. Maybe there could be supporting spaceships to protect the mothership. I thin we just haveto wait and see. If there is a need to move stuff from one location to the other, we as a playerbase will find a way to do this.

So what about traveling with an mothership? Wouldn't that be protection enough even if you carry stackable. The mothrship owner and crew ferry you to where ever you like for a small fee. Maybe there could be supporting spaceships to protect the mothership. I thin we just haveto wait and see. If there is a need to move stuff from one location to the other, we as a playerbase will find a way to do this.
I haven´t been to space because of the expensive thrusters but isn´t the space from safe zone to mothership also PvP?

Adapt-2-Overcome :smoke:

I haven´t been to space because of the expensive thrusters but isn´t the space from safe zone to mothership also PvP?

To enter a MS you just need to be added on the guest list by the owner. He can then summon you from the planet or from the corresponding space station where the MS is docked. (so you can just run out and do your thing until the flight is ready). No PVP zones are crossed during this.

/Sbi

To enter a MS you just need to be added on the guest list by the owner. He can then summon you from the planet or from the corresponding space station where the MS is docked. (so you can just run out and do your thing until the flight is ready). No PVP zones are crossed during this.

/Sbi
Wonderful, thanks for the info Sbi.

/LF New friends with muthaship! :cool:

Wonderful, thanks for the info Sbi.

/LF New friends with muthaship! :cool:

Ill write a post later on where I advertise for crew members... perhaps we can find a solution :)

This is kind of the point of the entire game. Otherwise everyone would be playing WoW or some derivative.
Actually, although not stated, I was being facetious. I'm pretty bad, but I'm not THAT bad. But I think at the end of the post, my comment about the "many tentacled beast" has some truth to it. My actual view is that we're all monsters, looking out for ourselves first, maybe loving someone or having a family but only because we get something from them we can't get anywhere else, just trying to make a buck in this endless scarred world called life that no one can claim their own. We're all parastiical in nature. In life you choose your drug.

And you know they're going to put warp drives on some of the ships (motherships?). I think there's a lot of worrying that's unnecessary. Maybe it would be better if MA or whoever runs the show was more visible. On the other hand, not knowing what the future will bring is part of the charm. But I have to wonder how they'll handle the few bigtime losers. I heard that someone lost 3k ped in loot in another thread. It's only a matter of time before someone goes berserk. And the big guns on motherships consume 1 ped per shot. It'll add up fast and the reality will hit home. They have to give it a draw or it won't be worth it after the initial enthusiasm.

So:
1) To keep stackables safe, space is big, so travel through it smartly and you probably won't be noticed
2) Get a ride on a warp-capable ship and ensure your profits pay for the extra costs
3) Travel in groups that're well prepared for attack
4) Include in your prices the costs of some or all of your pvp losses - so a slight increase for all transactions

Eventually we'll end up with a system that gives us pvp and safety, but it's in a very loose fashion. Personally, I like that more. But I know some people will do dumb sh** and then blame MA for their losses. Some people will go out into space and get killed and then say that they didn't know it was lootable. Or something like that. It will happen. That's what I mean by "loose". There's no builtin protection for stupid clueless people.

The good thing about "loose" mechanics is that they make you think more. Some people like that. Of course, eventually it'll all be as simple as walking. But for a new person, it can be very stressful at first.

Last edited:
And you know they're going to put warp drives on some of the ships (motherships?). I think there's a lot of worrying that's unnecessary.

The way people are talking about the warp drives, they are likely to go the same way as the item replicator.

Having 1K of stackables could have ended up as a different post if u got looted. And u know that u were lucky. And u admit it by saying that u were carrying it by accident. If u didnt fear being looted then, u would have carried it on purpose.

Okay I think that was aimed at my earlier post.
Now granted if that 1k stack was looted it would have been a different story, I wouldn't have been too upset about, I give me consent to be looted the moment I enter space, so I basically would have given the pirate permission. Think of space more as a dare, you go into space and you are daring pirates to try and take you out. Likewise the Pirates are also daring a different type of PKer to take them down.

In fact, I am beginning to wonder if those that are saying that PVP is low/no risk are PKers themselves ;)

Actually when I initially started defending space I was not into going into PVP with the intent of killing other players(except some ring matches) and I had only twice killed a player in lootable PVP, and these where both in self defence(and no I am not that good, they where poorly equipped newbs). Although the thought of hunting Pirates is intriguing, also as each planet can be considered to be it's own country, their is the possibility of war now. With blockades, space battles, all sorts of nice chaotic things can happen.
Just look at the ROCKstars and Revenge, the ROCKstars are simply acting as saboteurs at the moment, the Revenge will likely act as s blockade ship. Force has been warning everyone on PCF that war is coming. That's a lot what it looks like to me. RT is gearing up for war.

Wow, I didn't think I had to spell things out when I post because I gave most posters credit for using abstract concepts. Apparantly that isn't so. When I refence most of my comments it is a metaphoric statement to illustrate a point, not a specific attack. But I notice that many of u have chosen to take my comments literally and take great pleasure in focusing on 1 specific comment (of mine) and defending/critiquing it.

Soooo, let's try again (I hope). I am simply saying that many people (me included) are not happy with total PVP space and will not travel unless things change to at least allow an option of non-PVP travel. Don't try to convince us that PVP is fine because I am not trying to convince u otherwise.

I am happy you don't travel :). That's the point of PvP and guess it works. Chose a planet, stay there and play.

Last edited:
The way people are talking about the warp drives, they are likely to go the same way as the item replicator.

ahhh... the great loot hole in the sky.

I was visiting the new planets but now I will not anymore until they allow safe travel. All I need is to get an ATH and then get looted. Thx but no thx. And I know I am not alone in this thinking either as many share my view (any loot loss sux). Worse of all, I think the new planets will suffer and I bet they are feeling the impact as I type. The should give us a choice between say TP and space travel. Pilots will offer lower prices to be competitve as they are now and the risk adverse can opt to pay more for secure travel. The nice thing about Calypso is there are PVP areas and not. One can choose. In space we can't :( U think MA really dropped the ball on this one.

I dont think so.. Whit Space MA gave EU more "REALITY" to this game. I think its cool that u can get looted at space, u will have to play more smarter to avoid that :)

I've always found that Mindark decisions are made without too much analysis of the long term. Everything about Space, teleporters and limitations on the auction seem to be proof of that.

We all want a lot of people using the space, traveling between planets, trading, sightseeing, hunting and mining throughout the universe, but apparently Mindark decided obstructing all travel, adding unnecessary costs.

I remember a Calypso open to all (pre VU9.4), in which depositors and sweaters coexisted without much inconvenience. Now we have a universe with many planets, most of them poorly colonized, in a game increasingly expensive, in it is almost impossible to a rookie continue playing unless he deposited large sums from the beginning.

I dont think so.. Whit Space MA gave EU more "REALITY" to this game. I think its cool that u can get looted at space, u will have to play more smarter to avoid that :)

They omitted big part of "REALITY" and that is that murders are usualy hunted and put in jail or terminated and all their goods confiscated.

* MA use words reality or realistic only for nerfs as i remember.
RL knife last for life and not only for 20 minits if fight.
RL mob die form 1 single ammo bullet and not get pumped with 100 kg of amo for 10 minits or so lol

Last edited:
On tracker, on 5/30 Arkaidia had more than double the global value of Calypso. On 6/28 Arkaidia is only an 1/8th of the global value on Calypso. Is that all just the newness wearing off, or is it the effect of space? Discuss.

On tracker, on 5/30 Arkaidia had more than double the global value of Calypso. On 6/28 Arkaidia is only an 1/8th of the global value on Calypso. Is that all just the newness wearing off, or is it the effect of space? Discuss.

Could be the excitement of trying to loot Alienware + brand new UL equipment.

I feel it's the lack of competition with Calypso's robust economy. Arkadia, in its infancy, simply cant yet compete with the common markup values and plethora of crafting items Calypso provides. Combine that with the winding down of the promotions and the implementation of space, and you get a large exodus.

Isn't the Arkadia group waiting until the treasure hunting addition before they really start their heavy promotions campaigns?

The fact that they've got 1/8th of the economy right out of the box isn't a bad thing at all.

Just sayin'. :) I think we'll see a lot more once the treasure hunting begins and they start their acquisition efforts up.

Last edited:
One thing that space did that's uncharacteristic is that they made it pvp-lootable without requiring a toxic injection? I'm on Rocktropia and we cannot enter a pvp-lootable zone unless we have the shot.

What happens when someone goes into space and didn't realize it was pvp-lootable?

I think a few things will happen to planet-to-planet space travel from these recent events:
(in order of most expensive/least dangerous to least expensive/most dangerous)
1) A non-player transport facility is put on each planet for travel to other planets
- This one is hte most expensive form but it's the fastest and the one most like planet-limited TPing
2) Some will use the warpdrive to save time, not wanting to travel through space for 10-25 minutes
- This is the old TP method that they're used to, except that you need players to do it
3) Some space will not be pvp-lootable - with route(s) to all planets
- They get to see space and what it has without the pvp, but more fuel is used and there're monsters
4) Some parts of space will be pvp-lootable: shortcuts to save fuel and maybe 5% better loot on monsters
- I think it should require a shot before you can enter them just to make sure; this is pvp baby

Last edited:
One thing that space did that's uncharacteristic is that they made it pvp-lootable without requiring a toxic injection? I'm on Rocktropia and we cannot enter a pvp-lootable zone unless we have the shot.

What happens when someone goes into space and didn't realize it was pvp-lootable?

your told in a pop up window that it's pvp lootable before entering space and you have to accept it to continue.

Obviously if EU doesn't support that persons native language then its another matter.

Of all your options the mostly likely to happen are 3 & 1 in that order. 2 would only happen if they do introduce mining.

The next step MA is likely to take after selling the Motherships is to start selling the space stations, right now they're concentrating on revenue generation so it's the logical next step, with purchasable upgrades like shops, apartments and a LA for space mobs.

Last edited:
your told in a pop up window that it's pvp lootable before entering space and you have to accept it to continue.

Obviously if EU doesn't support that persons native language then its another matter.

Of all your options the mostly likely to happen are 3 & 1 in that order. 2 would only happen if they do introduce mining.

The next step MA is likely to take after selling the Motherships is to start selling the space stations, right now they're concentrating on revenue generation so it's the logical next step, with purchasable upgrades like shops and apartments ;)
I'm pretty sure 2 is happening, I was just clarifying how it fits in to the rest of the options. If you tink about it, warpdrive makes sense in a lot of ways. Players in a pvp-lootable area will want to use warpdrive if it's an option, at least in some cases. Some will want to fight, but I suspect many won't. And they'll pay the extra cost for doing so. But I think having warpdrive as an option for other reasons, like as a cheaper method than a non-player transport facility that's on every planet, is also there. Just having the option is not a bad idea.

I could be wrong about warpdrive being cheaper than a non-player alternative. But I think a non-player alternative is bound to happen. First, players don't want to travel through space. They want a insta-option. Second, they don't want to wait around for other players to find a spot. They want something that's immediately available and no waiting time. But that comes at a cost, of course. But warpdrives also have bonuses. They can be used in pvp-lootable areas to escape. And they're good to have around just in case you want a quick form of travel and you're not within easy reach of a non-player service. Being in a ship means you use fuel when you move around. It's not like on a planet where you can just run at no cost.

I agree though that (3) is likely to happen at some point. Making spacetravel pvp-lootable is a shift in policy.

All these points though are my expectation. Since I am feeble of mind, I am probably wrong about things.

Last edited:
Back