Spaceship camera orientation

Billy Jean Ruby

Stalker
Society
Factory of Fun
Billy Jean Ruby
After about a year I decide to travel back to my place @ RT and forgot what's was the reason I became frustated with this game...
(Yes I'm one of those I loved to travel and been in space most of my time)
This shit camera view de-orientation "problem" is still there! Still you can't move your mouse to.. "look at" any direction around without "destroy" your point of view! and there is no reset option ofc...still!
Do I missing something? or MA didn't bother with this... yet... (never)?

just put a waypoint on the map for the planet you want, aim and auto run it in that direction til you get there. Do avoid the mob zones unless you are prepared to feed them. It's pretty easy to avoid them since they are just a bunch of little circles on the map. Doesn't matter if you arrive at the destination planet upside down or not since you can still enter the atmosphere regardless. ;)

thx for your replies guys! My problem isn't for a simple point to point travel! This camera bug making you vulnerable and also getting you crazy in any "dogfight" in space ;) I never enter my ship and push R! Always checking my surroundings for pirates and such and many times I'm ready to respond to any challenge!!!!!
I'm wondering if the same view issue stands for Starfinders/Pathfinders, since I didn't made any skill piloting for over a year now.

You can move your camera on the ship just like you do around the avatar. Long left click and move the mouse, can put it where ever you like. Check that you dont have that snap back camera thingy on. They did fix the original camera bug after the gfx update, that was a nightmare.

You can move your camera on the ship just like you do around the avatar. Long left click and move the mouse, can put it where ever you like. Check that you dont have that snap back camera thingy on. They did fix the original camera bug after the gfx update, that was a nightmare.

You can! But when you try to turn it back, it goes in a random angle and it can't be reset! You have to try in the opposite direction to make it come in a logic angle again! as far i can see this is a shitty and very annoying bug!!!

If in a quad zoom forward fully and then back and it should correct the camera angle back to horizontal. With a larger ship this sadly does not work, while some people seem to be able to correct the camera viewpoint simply, others can't and yes it can require rotating camera in opposite direction 2 or 3 times to rectify. But if you hop out of seat and back it will normalise viewpoint. The difference is probably created by our personalisation of our keyboard/mouse settings.
What is additionally aggravating is the pointer on the map now shows direction of camera not vessel. so you can check map and think you have veered off course, when in fact you are simply not staring dead ahead. This is totally illogical and a simple fix for MA.
Does lead to a lot of silly conversations between quad pilot and passenger, where passenger is convinced pilot has lost the plot and flying in wrong direction, when it is simply they are not looking forwards

Left alt resets the camera back to the rear of the ship, I may have remapped it, but on my keyboard map its " toggle cursor" It does the same move on avatars too. If you long left click and spin the camera around to your side, let go, press left alt, sorted :)

Great replies THANKS Granny and Alainax for your tips :)

I find that middle-mouse-clicking in space centers the camera behind my ship. It doesn't work on planet.

Back