News: Special Edition AMA now under way

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Special Edition AMA now under way!

MindArk will be conducting an AMA (with a new twist) on Planet Calypso Forum, starting on October 14, 2020. The question submission period will run for two weeks, until October 28.

A special AMA sub-forum has been added to the Dev’s Corner forum section on PlanetCalypsoForum.com. This AMA sub-forum allows each member to submit a single question for the AMA, in the form of an individual forum thread. This will help to keep the discussion of diverse topics separate and easier to follow for everyone involved.

To raise the stakes from the last AMA, this version will feature a video of responses directly from members of the MindArk team!

Each participant may submit a single question thread in the AMA sub-forum before the submission deadline, October 28, 2020. During the submission period, thread replies are disabled. After the video is released, the question threads will be opened up for community discussion.

Submission Deadline: Wednesday, Oct. 28, 17:00 UTC

MindArk Participants
  • Henrik Nel - Chief Executive Officer
  • Magnus Eriksson - Chief Operating Officer
  • Dennis Antonsson - Entropia Universe Product Owner
  • Justin Sorrell - Planet Calypso Product Owner
  • Magnus Ryme - Lead Developer
  • Mathias Gustavsson - Marketing Manager
  • My Antonsson - Community Relations Manager
  • Robert Persson - Sound Designer / Musical Composer
  • Sally - Balancing Manager
  • Hank - Junior Level Designer
  • Jennefer Lind - Technical Game Designer
  • Andreu Ramírez - Senior Software Engineer

AMA Question Guidelines

DO
  • Post questions that are clear and concise.
  • Post questions that are directly related to Entropia Universe or MindArk.
  • Post questions in a mature and polite manner.
  • Post questions that MindArk representatives can reasonably be expected to be able to answer on a public internet forum.

DO NOT
  • Post more than one question thread, or creature multiple forum accounts to bypass the limit.
  • Post requests for in-game support, or questions relating to open support cases, account bans, etc.
  • Post questions directly related to internal Entropia Universe balancing mechanics (e.g. 'Why is my loot so bad?!' or 'When will more of xxxx start dropping?' etc.).
  • Post questions directly related to specific Entropia Universe avatars or societies.
  • Post rhetorical and/or loaded questions whose only purpose is to promote a particular response or viewpoint.
  • Post questions whose content is defamatory or slanderous to MindArk or to any of MindArk's affiliates, employees, or planet partners.
  • Post questions or content in violation of the Entropia Universe EULA or TOU.

Notes
  • Any questions not adhering to the above guidelines will be removed from the AMA sub-forum and will not receive a response.
  • Question threads for duplicate or very similar topics may be merged.
  • Due to time constraints, there is no guarantee that the MindArk team will be able to answer every question posted. However, we will do our best to cover as many questions and topics as possible.
  • Questions that require a more in-depth or detailed response may receive a supplemental response in text format, and/or may not appear in the video.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's start with unanswered questions from previous AMA.
First post has your answer.
  • Due to time constraints, there is no guarantee that the MindArk team will be able to answer every question posted. However, we will do our best to cover as many questions and topics as possible.

Thank you very much! It sure adds a nice touch with the video replies, although I think text is still more efficient. It is just more work to record, edit and publish a video than simply to write an answer. Also for the reader/listener, you can capture the gist in no time or read at your own pace compared to having to sit through a fixed duration. Or will there be transcripts also? If yes, even more work. Spending the time on allowing two questions as before would be far more useful. But well, it seems decided for now and we'll make the best of it again. Cheers!

Allowing only one question makes things quite difficult, I have so many questions!!!!!

To anyone who might be unsure what to ask, please consider one of the following:

1. Are there any plans to release a line of Plasma or Gauss weapons eventually?

2. Are there any plans to release a line of craftable MF chips?

3. When will the Codex be released on other Planets/Moons?

4. When are we getting the promised (retroactive) attribute rewards?

5. When is the next phase coming out for Land Plots?

6. Are there plans to introduce new uses for the Transgen Fruits obtained through Gardening or is that going to be another dead-end?

7. When are we getting our promised compensation for Tier Upgrading skills?

8. Are there currently any plans to release any other Planets?

9. Are there any plans to create a shop directory as requested by the community for many years now?

10. Who owns Treasure Island now? Does MA own it?

11. Can you tell us anything about the results of the lawsuit between MA and David Storey?

12. Are there any plans do do something special with Treasure Island in the future now that this (seemingly) has been resolved?

13. Can you tell us how many Ark Moon Deeds are still left to be sold?

14. Has the player base grown or shrunk since the release of Loot 2.0?

15. Has player retention improved or worsen since the release of Loot 2.0?

16. Does MA have any concrete plans to do mass-marketing of EU again in the future?

17. What are MA's current priorities?

18. Are there any plans to make Paypal available again as a means of depositing into Entropia?

19. Are there any plans to accept Bitcoins in the future for deposits into Entropia?

20. When will the promised Armor Professional requirement be released?

21. About a year ago, you messed with mining and things just haven't been the same since then. You never told the community what it was that you changed. Can you tell us a little bit about what you changed and why?

22. Are there new items coming to the Mayhem Token traders soon™?

23. Will you ever bring back Earth Shock Trooper to the Combat Token trader?

24. Do you plan on adding more Categories to the Mayhems soon™?

25. Am I asking too many questions?

26. Are you still reading these?

I think that's it for now.

Legends

My question: Mayhem reward list and Strongboxes general loots are stuck to basically the same since years: Can we expect any evolution soon?

Allowing only one question makes things quite difficult, I have so many questions!!!!!

I read all and I was able to answer all of them and I assume a 97% accuracy with what MA would answer.

There's one answer "we cannot discuss this issue publicly" but the rest of the questions are easly answered with "yes", "no" and ofc " soon™"

Reactions: San
Entropia being a real cash game and there being money on the line with activities such a PVP fights in lootable zones, shouldn't this aspect of the game get a lot more attention? On many occasions i had PVP fights that i felt were less than fair. Part 2 of my question is; How certain are you (the one answering this question) that I, as a player have nothing to worry about and that everyone is playing the game by the rules?

from what i read in one of the threads it's fairly easy to create a trigger bot that would shoot automatically once crosshair turns red.

I just noticed the last person to add a question in AMA section is at the top. I hope MA answer the questions in the order they were asked i.e. first person to ask question first.

I just noticed the last person to add a question in AMA section is at the top. I hope MA answer the questions in the order they were asked i.e. first person to ask question first.

Yes that's how they did it last time

We just got started and people are already wasting their precious spot with the most childish questions. "When, when, when..." and other stuff which, if relevant at all, belongs in the suggestions box with a convincing argument. Given the purportedly advanced average age of Entropia players, don't more people have any cow sense for what's important? Good luck all.

Start by answering unanswered questions from the previous one.

Start by answering unanswered questions from the previous one.
would be nice, but doubt it'll happen... especially since there's multiple ama and ask mindark forums that have existed for many years now unadressed.

I have only one question - who is Tetiana Karunna?

To Be Honest , I am a bit disappointed with some of the questions I have seen. If we want MA to improve communications then we should ask only serious and intelligent questions. Some of the AMA questions I have seen make me question the intelligence of the people posting. Keep it tidy, MA are making an effort, let's not blow it

SUHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

When you introduce the voting system for CLDs that the player can change the game and not MA?
When you introduce pets using as vehicle to carry stuff?
Why you introduce a backpack if pets have to make the job to carry more?

copy paste " Are you still reading these? " :)

Only a couple more days before this AMA is closed. Some other questions in case you're not sure what to ask:

- What happened with the new CEO's plan 2 years ago to overhaul Interfaces and Legacy systems in the game?

- Are you going to release some content Soon™ for players that have invested heavily into Taming skills or is this pretty much a dead end now?

- What happens to all the PED that gets spent on trying to kill mobs, like for example in the new RDI Lab, which are never killed?

- Is the 'falling through floors' bug going to be fixed Soon™ ?

Legends

Last edited:
Only a couple more days before this AMA is closed. Some other questions in case you're not sure what to ask:

- What happened with the new CEO's plan 2 years ago to overhaul Interfaces and Legacy systems in the game?

- Are you going to release some content Soon™ for players that have invested heavily into Taming skills or is this pretty much a dead end now?

- What happens to all the PED that gets spent on trying to kill mobs, like for example in the new RDI Lab, which are never killed?

- Is the 'falling through floors' bug going to be fixed Soon™ ?

Legends
a few more:
Will you answer AMA questions from the last AMA that never got answered [previously?

Will you visit entropiaforum's ask Minark section and address questions over there never answered.. http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?270-Ask-MindArk

When will Armor Requirment thing be put in to place. At one time it was mentioned that they'd make it so that UL armor would act like L armor if you had the skill requirement for it. Never been implemented yet or even really mentioned since that.

Will you address questions and concernts about ideas and hints for implementation in Mccormick's content of oblivion that have been laregely ignored for a long time so far...

• What is your plan for land plots?

• Can we expect to see further development on land plots? (Plot deeds)

• There is a farming feature for plot deed holders however, there is currently no use for the fruits harvested. Can we expect to see a feature or utility for the farming in the future?

• Can we have it so that pets are more useful in the game. Such as all the pets that currently exist even. Perhaps if they could fight alongside us in combat, is this a future possibility?

• Often the topic of DE-AGGRO'ing mobs comes up as illegal, or against the TOS. Is there anything wrong with this mechanic? Or is it ok for players to jump in vehicles to DE-AGGRO a mob?

• Can we be able to loot strongbox keys from mobs?

• What's after CRYENGINE 2? Lumberyard? Is there a plan to upgrade after CRYENGINE 2?

• Efficiency is revealed in the weapon info. It's already been revealed that DPP is a real feature. Can you update the weapon info so that it shows the DPP in game?

• Can you add a search to the construction terminal to search for the ingredient within the blueprint. For example if I search for Belkar, I can view all the blueprints that use Belkar. Same question for the storage, a search for items within storage.

Is this AMA special...like, olympics have special version?

All games get AMAs, but Entropia get's the special version, with limited or no responses etc?

Only a few hours left to ask MindArk 'anything' (see rules above) !!

Back