Speed Hack!

So it a real hack using software manipulation, and not just some in game tactic? Because it people rely are hacking the software, it's a really serious matter and it should not be possible to do that. It's a big difference between just exploiting some bug and using software manipulation in my opinion.

Yep. This should be a insta-perma-ban followed by an auction of the cheaters items.

:smash:

Ok, so I haven't got real space travel to be reminded of, but I am reminded of disabling the Borg in Star Trek using a 'sleep' command.

Jean-Luc is trying to tell us something... I wonder if we can turn their guns into opalos or turn pirates into a bunch of kittens client side too?
Oh damn - I forgot pets is a no-go area in EU. Well, let's turn them into a bunch of Papplon then, or was it petunias?

Am I mixing my science fiction here? Sorry folks!
And of course nobody should actually try anything against the rules. That's what system testers are there for.... oh, is that us again?
Seriously, don't try stuff even if tempted, now that you know how! (I wasn't sure, but I was also thinking along the lines of either clocking or the memory fun stuff from way back in the 1980s)

See you dont know about the actual glitch, if you did of course you would bring that knowledge to MA instead of seeding the idea to public right? It is a good deal to tell peole and give a warning that there IS actually a glitch usable to personal advantage, a manual however is a bad step! Now since YOU dont know about how it actually works you still support the idea of spreading more manuals to other possible glitches? Yeah right XD

Whoever comes around ways of cheating and/or people actually taking advantage of it definately should contact MA and not post every detail in public. Well thats maybe only my opinion :/

Sensing a bit of guilt???

I have to side with FallenAngel, MA is notoriously slow, bringing this out with full force is probably the best way the get it fixed ASAP. The method is already out there, highlighting it will only do more good than harm, meaning that users will probably stop immediately in fear of lock/ban.

ps. Kenny better make ur signature a bit more easy to read, as I first read "Fastest..." and not "Finest..."

Yep. This should be a insta-perma-ban followed by an auction of the cheaters items.

:smash:

Indeed, unless MA can back check stuff (not sure they can for abnormal interruptions), we may just see some confiscated motherships on auction in bout 4 years...maybe ^^

Im not pointing the finger to the Dreadnought owner as i couldn't tell who was driving/speed hacking. But Entrusting such a high value item to someone you "think" you know, even just as a pilot without the deed has just become a much bigger risk for mothership and priv owners who are ultimately responsible for who they allow to use their ships.

And if they didnt know how to use these hack tools above mentioned before.......they sure as hell do now thanks to 2 of the posts above.

Last edited:
I have to side with FallenAngel, MA is notoriously slow, bringing this out with full force is probably the best way the get it fixed ASAP.
..."

I'm with you guys on this.
Make it so damn pervasive until, to quote Pacino,
"... the stench of it reaches so high and far into heaven it chokes the whole fucking lot of them!"

I guess we'll just have to report all pirates who attack us in mid-space now, since they couldn't have cought up with us because we all travel at the same speeds.

It'll be nice in about 3 years when there is no gigantic client to download because MA will have to run everything server side to avoid this type of thing. :) ;)

Of course, they'll probably have to spend most of that 6 million they just got last year for hardware upgrades to make it happen.

Soon we see the next ban's ! :laugh:

I guess we'll just have to report all pirates who attack us in mid-space now, since they couldn't have cought up with us because we all travel at the same speeds.

Not gonna bother to explain the different ambush and angular interception methods. So please do exactly what you said. HOPEFULLY MA can actually check it and verify it was or wasn't the case.

Mothership & Priv owners right now are playing with fire allowing anyone else pilot their ships.

Not gonna bother to explain the different ambush and angular interception methods. So please do exactly what you said. HOPEFULLY MA can actually check it and verify it was or wasn't the case.

Mothership & Priv owners right now are playing with fire allowing anyone else pilot their ships.

I am in no way a tactician when it comes to space combat, but I thought that you need some sort of concealment to be able to ambush! Isn`t the red little triangle a dead giveaway? And behind what do you hide? The spacestation?

The angular interception part I guess is the same as in a traditional dogfight.

Im not pointing the finger to the Dreadnought owner as i couldn't tell who was driving/speed hacking.

I will do that. When DN has been owned by Adm, I had rights for warp too. And once I was needed MS, and realized thru map - it's near Caly, and "slowboating" to RT. I rushed into chase and was... wtf? I can't catch slowboating MS! It was faster. And in pilot seat this time was Goldy.

I know pirates have used it on me before. I've been way out there ahead flying full speed in quad and pirates quads always seem to be able to catch me and shoot me down. I do no swerve or anything so I know it is no my quad slowing for turns. One of the reasons I just let you shoot me down in my quad as I can't out run you guys anyways.

OK here is what I now know about this, after some testing it is possible to make small gains on a ship even when going the exact same direction much like an UL quad would. This is possible all in game, and would be hard for MA to remove this. So it makes more sense that they would ban people caught using this hack rather then fix it. And I also think it's a bad idea to release the exact methods to the public because like I said it would be very difficult for MA to fix this. It would be very tempting for a pirate to not use this hack when there chasing a ship that's just out of range. In fact I wish I didn't know about it now that I do. We will just have to police our selves most likely. Frap's is your friend.

When a pirate is chasing you and catching up, just look at his ship closely and you will probably figure it out.

I don't think pirate care about get banned bcuz you can pirate with 0 skills so when de get banned maybe the just make other avatar not much to lose but a lot to win quad cost 100 ped n 100 ped ammo plus the gun so is like 50 dollars n ready to be pirate so is almost like 0 risk doing it

I just saying this could happen who know

I don't think pirate care about get banned bcuz you can pirate with 0 skills so when de get banned maybe the just make other avatar not much to lose but a lot to win quad cost 100 ped n 100 ped ammo plus the gun so is like 50 dollars n ready to be pirate so is almost like 0 risk doing it

I just saying this could happen who know

I know what your saying but as of right now the fact is the majority of the ava that are pirating do have a lot of skills I'm sure they would not want to lose.

When a pirate is chasing you and catching up, just look at his ship closely and you will probably figure it out.

So you can confirm it's a in game thing and not kind of hack? For fairness i think things like this should be know to the public, because the pirates probably already knows about it. At least we could use the same thing to defend our self.

Why is that? Because all PKers in the game are cheating? Is that what you try to say?
Cant you guys just accept the fact you get owned all the time without the need of riding on bugs or any code-editors at all? Pointing fingers and blame others wont help to hide your own failing hybris! :laugh:

Stupid folks in space that get looted most likely fall victim to their own ego and ignorance, i have to admit though that i completely dont feel sorry for that kind.

You know (and yes, you know) there is "strafe" technique in space, which gives slight speed advantage. There is angular interception, and such smart stuff.

Also, there is fuckers, who cheating. Speed hacks, alts (Rocktropia SS).

Yes, there is pure stupidity ingame, also there is cheating.

You know (and yes, you know) there is "strafe" technique in space, which gives slight speed advantage. There is angular interception, and such smart stuff.

The Dreadnought had to be going at least 7 times faster than my quad, which was nothing like the marginal gains with strafe i had seen in the vids posted so far.

Wow so far three different speed hacks exposed!!!! I wonder if I combine them all will I go as fast if not faster than the warp services? Maybe I will start my own "warp" service using only my quad :)

Why is that? Because all PKers in the game are cheating? Is that what you try to say?
Cant you guys just accept the fact you get owned all the time without the need of riding on bugs or any code-editors at all? Pointing fingers and blame others wont help to hide your own failing hybris! :laugh:

Stupid folks in space that get looted most likely fall victim to their own ego and ignorance, i have to admit though that i completely dont feel sorry for that kind.

there's no such thing as gettting owned in space. He who hits the other first wins the battle normally, because there is no heal in space, or hiding behind a wall to recuperate and strike back. I feel sorry for anyone who boasts about shooting down a vtol/quad. It simply isn't an accomplishment.

there's no such thing as gettting owned in space. He who hits the other first wins the battle normally, because there is no heal in space, or hiding behind a wall to recuperate and strike back. I feel sorry for anyone who boasts about shooting down a vtol/quad. It simply isn't an accomplishment.

LOL you don't know WHAT you're talking about. I can get shot first and win a battle ultimately only taking 2-3 hits the entire battle while dishing out 15-17 hits! This is normal for good pirate/pilots, it's called maneuvering.

The Dreadnought had to be going at least 7 times faster than my quad, which was nothing like the marginal gains with strafe i had seen in the vids posted so far.

so it is strafing that makes you go faster in a quad, i had noticed the sound changed when you strafed so that it sounded like you were going faster but the difference must be quite marginal, i thought it was just some buggy sound issues.
and about the dreadnought, have you thought of pm-ing the owner and asking him whats going on?
its not like its some big secret who has the deed and maybe you can find a answer to your question quicker that way?

Wow so far three different speed hacks exposed!!!! I wonder if I combine them all will I go as fast if not faster than the warp services? Maybe I will start my own "warp" service using only my quad :)

Hehe. Nah, cmon - "strafe" isn't a hack, it's just natural "feature" of many FPS'es.

For those, who likes math and stuff: Strafing Theory - with pictures and shit. It's not about EU ofc, it's about quake, but it applies to EU too.

so it is strafing that makes you go faster in a quad, i had noticed the sound changed when you strafed so that it sounded like you were going faster but the difference must be quite marginal, i thought it was just some buggy sound issues.
and about the dreadnought, have you thought of pm-ing the owner and asking him whats going on?
its not like its some big secret who has the deed and maybe you can find a answer to your question quicker that way?

Prev-owner was Adm. He is nice guy and anything. Current owner is Goldy. Nothing about to ask him.

Cmon, AH-manipulations, now this - it's well known "person"! (smile.jpg)

Hehe. Nah, cmon - "strafe" isn't a hack, it's just natural "feature" of many FPS'es.

For those, who likes math and stuff: Strafing Theory - with pictures and shit. It's not about EU ofc, it's about quake, but it applies to EU too.

Yeah I'm sure the math behind it will prove that you not gaining on your target, but commonsense should tell you that if you strafe away from your target and it's destination then you will basically be moving away from them.

Yeah I'm sure the math behind it will prove that you not gaining on your target, but commonsense should tell you that if you strafe away from your target and it's destination then you will basically be moving away from them.

No. Check article closely.

But better - try it in quad planet-side, at low altitude. Press simultaneously (for example) down+forward+strafe left. You will even hear sound of speedup, and you will move significantly faster. Yes, you can't shoot your target while "catching" it (you're facing 45-degree), but you can shoot it later.

Back