Spider Elites are a pile of poo

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
Oh cool?! Spider Elites shared loot.. sounds like fun!
20 minutes later ...

Oh awesome i've lost almost half my peds! Loot returns were like 10-70%! Oh and ubers looting loads of platinum and gold tokens - nice!

It's this a 15 event or just another cash grab from MA...? or is there any difference?

Would it KILL them to put out some shared loot mobs for us to have fun and actually not come away robbed blind?
Celebrate 15 years, not try and regret it.

I need to waste some PEDS. Where are there Elites?

I actually think it was nice of them to add a shared loot mob over lvl 50 with a decent spawn.

Regarding your loot returns, a 20 minutes run, or even 1 hour run, is too small to get the desired 90%+ return. Other reason might be uneven damage distribution, even thought shared mobs distribute loot based on input that loot can only be split so many times.

If uber are getting more tokens is probably because they can kill more mobs in a smaller amount of time, and if they happen to shoot the same mob as you then they get the tokens because of their higher input, which I think is fair.

Other reason for ubers getting more tokens is that they usually like to shoot these mobs solo, while others shoot them in groups: If there are 10 people shooting at the same mob and it just so happens that this mob drops a token, the chance of any of the 10 shooter getting the token is smaller than the chance of you looting the token if you are the only one shooting (Which is 100% given that a token does drop).

Where is the shared spawn?

Oh cool?! Spider Elites shared loot.. sounds like fun!
20 minutes later ...

Oh awesome i've lost almost half my peds! Loot returns were like 10-70%! Oh and ubers looting loads of platinum and gold tokens - nice!

It's this a 15 event or just another cash grab from MA...? or is there any difference?

Would it KILL them to put out some shared loot mobs for us to have fun and actually not come away robbed blind?
Celebrate 15 years, not try and regret it.

If nobody since 2009 told you the loot lies in the items you shoot with not in the mob you shoot.
Now that you know that be prepared to make a big investment if you are not satisfied with 10% returns or 70% whatever that lie is and buy a proper item to shoot with and enjoy proper returns.

If nobody since 2009 told you the loot lies in the items you shoot with not in the mob you shoot.
Now that you know that be prepared to make a big investment if you are not satisfied with 10% returns or 70% whatever that lie is and buy a proper item to shoot with and enjoy proper returns.

WTS Modified LP-100 tier 6.2 :p

before you do team hunts or shared mobs, have everybody post their looter level and then let the highest looter loot, that seems to make a difference ^^

before you do team hunts or shared mobs, have everybody post their looter level and then let the highest looter loot, that seems to make a difference ^^

According to some testing it would appear that having a higher looter profession creates more loot for the individual, not for the collective group.

Not surprising...

Here's my rules for shared mobs:

A) Be in a team with others when hunting shared mobs to maximize your chances of getting a good item to split if it drops.
B) In order to expect anything over 40% return you need to have an expensive ass gun.
C) Generally only opt for solo only mobs unless it's a shared mob that has good potential to hit 6-figure loot and it's not costing you personally a shitload per kill. (might not worth it if it's costing you practically nothing though either)
D) Never grind shared mobs for an extended time. Check your return very frequently during the hunt to ensure you are never dipping below an acceptable return. Calculate what your share per kill is and determine if at that % it's even possible to get into a reasonable return from your position without needing a MASSIVE hof.
E) It's not a hard rule but generally I prefer to get around 8% - 12%+ of the loot minimum unless it's a really big expensive mob (old fred/sand king...etc). Then 2-3% isn't horrible. But less than that on smaller shared mobs - what the hell is the point? Be better to just solo it and get ALL the loot even if you have to hire a fapper.
F) Know who you're shooting with. If you're not using a comparable gun or are in the same league as others shooting don't even bother as you have zero hope of profiting, they will scoop up everything of value.

Personally I feel that they should be doing away with all items and high value oils from shared mobs as it skews returns too much for most players. If an ESI drops or brain, heart, kidney oil for that matter it's like 99.999999999% going to the messi's in the group with the fat wallets rather than anyone else.

If it was all shrapnel, oil residue, eye oil, muscle oil and stackables that are each worth pecs it would ensure a more even split of loot based on cost. Ubers want an advantage and cool shit? They can hunt the things solo - with their big guns and wallets it should be no problem.

But shared? Fuck no. Ubers love these types of events because it's basically everyone working and losing their balls to make looting good shit easier and cheaper for ubers. They get to spend a fraction of the cost, get the lions share of loot and have all the odds to loot every item/ESI/high value oil. Of COURSE they are the most vocal to not change these types of events.

But you can raise one finger high in the air to let everyone know how you feel about these events and how they need to be changed by NOT TAKING PART IN THEM. Vote with your peds people.

Last edited:

Don't take my percents as fact or a lie. I didn't mean overall, and I don't want to get into "oh you need to turnover more." I'm talking about my general reaction and experience - when I'm out there doing some shared loot with people and shoot 1 ped into the mob and get 10 pecs back over and over and then one time i get 1.8 back.. I feel like a huge idiot continuing. It's been this way - nothing new - same at Rex, same at the Oratan. Once again I fail because I have hopes/expectations that something nice can happen for an anniversary.
And you can't say it doesn't matter the mob. There are plenty that I could think of to say go hunt exclusively and you will get a worse return than others. Mobs matter some at least.

And no.. no one really told me that. I know and have known that better the dmg/pec and other type stats, then yea.. the better return you get.
Please tell me what a proper item is.
If it's - oh you need to "invest" at least 2-5 thousand dollars or gtfo... then please show me the door. I've already spent that much. Seems skills don't matter - more skills and bigger weapons I use, just more I loose. People say to hunt smaller mobs, so why the f- and I'm lvl 77 laser sniper. might as well be 20.
If I have to spend thousands of dollars on a weapon to be successful in this game, then it's a HUGE flaw in the game in my opinion. It might be fine for people that have that money to do that type of thing, but for the general market and people that play games... it's not. That's a fail on MA and one of the major reason this game doesn't prosper, but just lingers on. Some 15 year old kid ins't gonna get his mommy to buy him a mod merc or 10 thousand dollars (or whatever) But she might give him 20 bucks a month to play WoW or some shit.

Anyhow - I got way of course.
Your reply just felt like "davin - your an idiot"
but I do remember you calling me a noob at least once so it's not a stretch.
I respect your opinion and knowledge, I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Not surprising...

Shortened your quote to just say - thank you - that was exactly what I needed to hear and will refer back to over and over in the future when I think to go to these shared loot mobs.
Problem is - I just generally enjoy them and find it really fun :p

Not surprising...

~snip~

Or just shoot with an Azuro, that is ok efficent and a single Brain or whatever bigger oil (plat token), is already break even/profit, as it costs artifically nothing to shoot this gun :D

LOL

Or just shoot with an Azuro, that is ok efficent and a single Brain or whatever bigger oil (plat token), is already break even/profit, as it costs artifically nothing to shoot this gun :D

LOL

Yes... since loot split is based on cost now "costs artifically nothing to shoot this gun" means you should loot lots right? lol

Got better odds to hit a 1k on a puny snable than to loot a brain oil or platinum of a shared mob with that gun when you're up against 50 other people doing 105 DPS :laugh:

Shortened your quote to just say - thank you - that was exactly what I needed to hear and will refer back to over and over in the future when I think to go to these shared loot mobs.
Problem is - I just generally enjoy them and find it really fun :p

You're welcome, I'm no expert but I hope that advice saves you some peds.

I’ve lost items to fappers with less then 0.5% share.
lost a 600 ped ESI to a noob on a shared mob with just 3 shooters, noob did les then 5% of damage the other 2 95%.

rolls both ways

Not surprising...

A) Be in a team with others when hunting shared mobs to maximize your chances of getting a good item to split if it drops.
B) In order to expect anything over 40% return you need to have an expensive ass gun.
C) Generally only opt for solo only mobs unless it's a shared mob that has good potential to hit 6-figure loot and it's not costing you personally a shitload per kill. (might not worth it if it's costing you practically nothing though either)
D) Never grind shared mobs for an extended time. Check your return very frequently during the hunt to ensure you are never dipping below an acceptable return. Calculate what your share per kill is and determine if at that % it's even possible to get into a reasonable return from your position without needing a MASSIVE hof.
E) It's not a hard rule but generally I prefer to get around 8% - 12%+ of the loot minimum unless it's a really big expensive mob (old fred/sand king...etc). Then 2-3% isn't horrible. But less than that on smaller shared mobs - what the hell is the point? Be better to just solo it and get ALL the loot even if you have to hire a fapper.
F) Know who you're shooting with. If you're not using a comparable gun or are in the same league as others shooting don't even bother as you have zero hope of profiting, they will scoop up everything of value.

Personally I feel that they should be doing away with all items and high value oils from shared mobs as it skews returns too much for most players. If an ESI drops or brain, heart, kidney oil for that matter it's like 99.999999999% going to the messi's in the group with the fat wallets rather than anyone else.

If it was all shrapnel, oil residue, eye oil, muscle oil and stackables that are each worth pecs it would ensure a more even split of loot based on cost. Ubers want an advantage and cool shit? They can hunt the things solo - with their big guns and wallets it should be no problem.

But shared? Fuck no. Ubers love these types of events because it's basically everyone working and losing their balls to make looting good shit easier and cheaper for ubers. They get to spend a fraction of the cost, get the lions share of loot and have all the odds to loot every item/ESI/high value oil. Of COURSE they are the most vocal to not change these types of events.

But you can raise one finger high in the air to let everyone know how you feel about these events and how they need to be changed by NOT TAKING PART IN THEM. Vote with your peds people.

According to some testing it would appear that having a higher looter profession creates more loot for the individual, not for the collective group.

That's puny mobs where everyone's looter profession is higher than the L of the mob...
But how's it when looter profession is below the L of the mob? I suppose those spider elite are 50+?

Here's what i've observed so far vs. L27 mob (sure, not precisely tracked, rather eyeballing):
solo - 15/16 animal looter - most runs are ~80% return (even with globals!)
team hunt - ~20 animal looter does the looting - most runs are 85-90% return
team hunt - 27+ animal looter does the looting - most runs are 92-97% return

I use the same gun/amp everytime btw, so the weapon efficiency is the same everytime.

Last edited:
That's puny mobs where everyone's looter profession is higher than the L of the mob...
But how's it when looter profession is below the L of the mob?

Here's what i've observed so far vs. L27 mob (sure, not precisely tracked, rather eyeballing):

I use the same gun/amp everytime btw, so the weapon efficiency is the same everytime.

Tests were done with 4 different looter levels and 3 different mobs of greatly different levels, results were the same

can you link the other threads pls?

Mobs that were killed was caperon, feffoid, puny and kerberos. Spending exactly 50/50 on the kills with the same efficiency there was a 0.07% difference in loot size per looter level which was also the case in tests with different efficiency after we subtract the efficiency difference

Loot has been shite all FEN... I`m cycling close to 1k peds an hr with a -80% return wich equals up to a nice 1000ped loss every day. Dunno if game is retarded or me for keep shooting and hoping for a 3k hof that wont even make a dent in the loss :scratch2: Wieeee FML

But how's it when looter profession is below the L of the mob? I suppose those spider elite are 50+?

Ever since the looter profession was introduced, I've applied the same logic we knew for Evader/Dodger. That is, I don't hunt mobs whose level is above my profession level unless I'm prepared for losses. I don't know for sure if it's programmed the exact same way but it has worked for me so far with returns close to their prediction. Without additional logic, implications for shared loot scenarios would seem inevitable.

Loot has been shite all FEN... I`m cycling close to 1k peds an hr with a -80% return wich equals up to a nice 1000ped loss every day. Dunno if game is retarded or me for keep shooting and hoping for a 3k hof that wont even make a dent in the loss :scratch2: Wieeee FML

wonder how mayhem will be for me with 1880 per/h , so far i had 93% return on fen.

October 2018
Hunting spend: 61100ped ~95% tt return

before:
September 2018 ~91% tt
August 2018 ~91% tt
July 2018 ~88% tt
June 2018 ~92% tt

Pretty much exactly this.

1000 ped ammo in & anywhere between 700 & 900 ammo back. No point even counting item decay. Run after run after run.

Those tokens brought me back to break even while they were 60+ peds. At 20-25 they don't make a big difference.

2.0 sux ass! This FEN event sux ass!

Pretty much exactly this.

1000 ped ammo in & anywhere between 700 & 900 ammo back. No point even counting item decay. Run after run after run.

Those tokens brought me back to break even while they were 60+ peds. At 20-25 they don't make a big difference.

2.0 sux ass! This FEN event sux ass!

Thanks for sharing - misery loves company.
Good to know i'm not nuts.

Someone gotta pay for the server and personel costs. I've lost 4k PEDs in the last 6 weeks (for me 4k is a huge chunk of my funds). Nothing i did, no matter what mob i hunted or where i mined, was always a loss. :rolleyes:

Was always a loss because you never had the proper tools to begin with.

Not everyone is rich like you. Should be possible to play this game with a variety of diferent budgets. If it isn't then 99% of the player base should just quit this game.

All your posts lead to this conclusion - You either have budget for the bigger gear on this game or you should just quit. What you fail to understand is this - If everyone had the same gear as you, your profit would end.

Back