Spring Mayhem Event Teaser

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Description
An exciting Spring Mayhem event related to the ongoing Egg storyline will begin on April 15th at 16:00:00 UTC and will continue until April 28, 23:59:59 UTC.

Similar to Merry Mayhem, the event will consist of four (solo) instances, each with creatures of varying difficulty. The instance portals will not require keys, allowing each participant to enter as often and for as long as they wish.

Rather than scoring mission points for each creature killed as in Merry Mayhem, participants will compete by collecting special event tokens found exclusively in the event creature loots. These non-tradable event tokens exist in various point values (1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 points), and must be turned in to the mission NPC before the end of the event to be counted in your final event score. Prize winners will be determined by total mission points earned during the event period.

Full details of the event including the locations of the mission NPC and instance portals will be announced on Monday, April 15.

Prizes

• 1st Place - Chronicle Harness TEN Edition (M) + Modified Hedoc Mayhem
  • 2nd Place - Chronicle Arm Guards (F) TEN Edition + Improved Hedoc Mayhem
  • 3rd Place - Chronicle Shin Guards (M) TEN Edition + Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem
  • 4th Place - Chronicle Foot Guards (F) TEN Edition + CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.II TEN Edition
  • 5th Place - MacMahon Vengeance + 2 x Calypso Land Deeds
  • 6th Place - DOA Slugstorm + Calypso Land Deed
  • 7th Place - Omegaton M83 Predator + Calypso Land Deed
  • 8th Place - Emik Enigma L4 + Calypso Land Deed
  • 9th Place - Arsonistic Chip III TEN Edition + Calypso Land Deed
  • 10th Place - CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.II TEN Edition + Calypso Land Deed
  • 11th Place - Castorian Xeno-Dagger Scratcher + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 12th Place - Genesis ArcSpark + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 13th Place - Calypso Land Deed + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 14th Place - CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.I + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 15th Place - Isis Project Zero-Three + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 16th Place - Omegaton Igni L1000 + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 17th Place - EWE LC-100 Frontier + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 18th Place - Kilic Rex + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 19th Place - CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.II TEN Edition + Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 20th Place - Calypso Land Deed
  • 30th Place - Armor Plating Mark. 10A TEN Edition
  • 40th Place - Calypso Land Deed
  • 50th Place - CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.II TEN Edition
  • 60th Place - 6 x Armor Plating Mark. 10A (L) TEN Edition
  • 70th Place - Paladin Harness (M) TEN Edition
  • 80th Place - Paladin Shin Guards (M) TEN Edition
  • 90th Place - Paladin Arm Guards (F) TEN Edition
  • 100th Place - Paladin Foot Guards (F) TEN Edition + CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.I

Originally Posted Here

Yey!....I´m not a hunter....:yay:

Awesome, please tell us the damage type before hand :D

Fun :laugh:

So best dps + most free time wins ;)

Falagor
:bandit:

Falagor

There could be quite a bit of luck involved given the point value range of the tokens. It depends on how frequently they drop.

Will we get "Spring Mayhem 2013 Participation Diploma"? :)

hey,

not sure if i like it yet. unlimited time combined with not beeing able to tell where one stands sounds like a waste of peds for the vast majority of people. still thinking though :)

Regards
Thark

Prob a stupid question but I just want to clarify.
After 19th. Its 20-29 for that reward etc eight?

Prob a stupid question but I just want to clarify.
After 19th. Its 20-29 for that reward etc eight?

No, then it would say "20-29th Place". 21-29th place get nothing, 20th or 30th do. As it was in the regular MM.

wow worst rules ever.

You actually encourage people to play 18 hours a day for 2 weeks with this event?!?

Congrats to the Smilgs family with their prize :)

There could be quite a bit of luck involved given the point value range of the tokens. It depends on how frequently they drop.

It's not clear from the post, but I understood it as every mob drops tokens according to its level or something, similar to points in missions.

actually now that i thought about this, i think encouraging people to hunt for hours and hours on end is bad.

aren't there reports of people who died of heart failure cuz they played to much wow and stuff? hope noone takes this event too seriously with 10s of thousands of $ as prices.

Thark

wow worst rules ever.

You actually encourage people to play 18 hours a day for 2 weeks with this event?!?

Don't speak too soon.

Description(...)
Full details of the event including the locations of the mission NPC and instance portals will be announced on Monday, April 15.

It's not clear from the post, but I understood it as every mob drops tokens according to its level or something, similar to points in missions.

It says tokens are found in the loot, and I don't think it's just based on level because of the large point difference. Sounds like luck/chance to me. If the higher point tokens are rare, someone who plays a lot of hours with a big gun may not be able to overcome someone with more luck.

Soon we will have a Summer Mayhem too ? :)

I like the idea but bad timing...I mean seriously? we just got done with the latest shi....aaah event....could have waited another month...

My idea! blame me! I wrote this in december:

Ma should just randomly place zero tt, non-tradeable "tickets" on all mobs in the game with random values of 1-100, and make them relatively common. Fluctuate random changes in drop frequency in different mob types, maturity, and locations, but keep the baseline static across all mobs. Over the course of the event, the tickets stack in your inventory, and then prizes are given out to top 30 or so ticket earners (it would be almost same amount of prizes as mm) AND to random "golden tickets" that have actual unique numbers on them for a big random drawing of other different prizes to be held after event. Since you have the (generally i.e. baseline) same chance to get a ticket killing a merp as you do killing a daspletor, everyone would compete, because they all have a chance by grinding their balls off, AND ubers still have a slight advantage if they gear down based on not missing as much, general experience and knowledge, gearing to 1-shot mobs, whatev, or picking a hot mob or finding a hot one through teamwork etc etc. Simple. Done.

You still need MM for the ubers I guess, but a separate event like the one I described would be fun-as-hell, fricking ORGY of blood, trolling, griefing, training, misinformation, teamwork, info-sharing and craziness that I, for one, think would be possibly the most fun thing I would ever do in this game!

!
Edit: People could still hunt any mob. MA would adjust higher drop frequencies based on an formula that takes into account mob hp and regen, and maybe damage. (but randomness of "hot" mob types, mat, or locations would still take priority, and would be MA's little secret)

And yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...there are a million problems with this or ANY format...but:
Does it promote teamwork? YES
Fun? YES
Hectic? YES
Equalizes it the best, while still giving experienced plays an albeit slight advantage? YES
Does EVERYONE feel like they have a chance? YES (this is most important, cuz I bet 10x as many people would do this event than are doing MM this year)
Is there more strategy? YES (so far the ONLY strategies are "dps" in mm or "use opalo, loot esi" in bots)
Does it let "JOE Schmo NOOB" have a chance just by grinding merps? YES
Does it let "UBERStar SkippKim EMWPetrov" have a chance to utilize ones experience, knowledge, and networks? YES

I am goofing around, I am not really thinking it was my idea...but it was a little similar.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...atter-of-dps&p=3044861&highlight=#post3044861

Regardless, I for one am excited!

Last edited:
This was posted for winter Mayhem..

As others said it is pointless to compete, basically they handed out the prizes already, but EU is full of people that don't realize it so they still hope.

There is a easy solution for this, every mob should have a random number of points that can be won killing it,most common[9-15] points, and occasionally: 50, 100, 500,..., or something along this lines .
Still, having a big gun would give more chances to win, but there will always be a chance that some random player will win some HOF points that would allow him to keep up.
If you put a lvl70 player in same category with a lvl100 player then make sure that lvl70 have a change to win using guns at his level.

and now... is MA really listening now :) !?

Description

Rather than scoring mission points for each creature killed as in Merry Mayhem, participants will compete by collecting special event tokens found exclusively in the event creature loots. These non-tradable event tokens exist in various point values (1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 points), and must be turned in to the mission NPC before the end of the event to be counted in your final event score. Prize winners will be determined by total mission points earned during the event period.

Can I get some credit for this ? ;)

Falagor

Your assuming dps is linked to looting tokens. Playing eco may be a better choice but don't know depends how those tokens loot.

wow worst rules ever.

Seems better than Merry Mayhem where disconnects caused some unfairness. With adding tokens in loot they have tried to make it fairer from that perspective. Don't get me wrong, this method has it's own drawbacks mainly that it may not be how many you kill but how you kill them or a combination of the two.

Killing more though is likely to get you more tokens I suspect. So it's basically a bit like events where you loot some key items which are later traded for prizes, except here we are not looting CLD or broken modulator what have you not but tokens.

A twist here I think is someone hunting many hours stands a good chance of winning a good prize. Likewise someone hunting less hours but perhaps more eco and who is able to maybe get a token hof may actually clinch the top prize.

Interesting set-up will see how this goes and reserve final judgement till then but cautiously dare I say it I think it may be better than previous event rules.

wow worst rules ever.

18? there is 24hours harm :)

And as for the rules with this random crap... I'd rather go to Vegas for a weekend than wasting 24/7 playing here on nothing. Quite stupid imo and can't be called a competition when it's more like a lottery. Having that said I will wait for the final rules before I decide :)

Wait so you guys think a lot of people with lower lvl guns win most loot events? this is basicly a most loot event like on a LA. Unless someone gets a big HOF the guys with the biggest guns win it. And in a event this long, a big hof of points means nothing does it? Or am i confusing something?

Wait so you guys think a lot of people with lower lvl guns win most loot events? this is basicly a most loot event like on a LA. Unless someone gets a big HOF the guys with the biggest guns win it. And in a event this long, a big hof of points means nothing does it? Or am i confusing something?

Like I said twice, it depends how often the larger point tokens loot. If they are rare, luck can mean more than dps.

Heavy Sweathal Fantasy !

AKBAR SUMMER MAYHEM CONTEST
(june 29, my BirthDay :))

A crazy day of sweating,
all uber sweaters are invited !

Stryker, Joda, Ak, Star, Alusz, Mega and all others are warmly welcomed !

sunny_calypso_ak.jpg

MOD VSE MK-10 TEN Edition
IMP VSE MK-7 TEN EDition
ADJ VSE MK-5 TEN Edition

And a lot of VSE MK-3 TEN Edition for ranks 10 to 5 000 !

* I know, I know, this is pure fantasy, but that would be cool ;)

Like I said twice, it depends how often the larger point tokens loot. If they are rare, luck can mean more than dps.

But with greater dps you go through more "lottery tickets" per hour - luck isn't so important if you can buy up half of the tickets. Sure you may end up totally broke, but "winning the event" isn't equal to "profit".

There's a whole year out there for events. I like the idea of unlimited time & "luck" loots. Changes it up so hardcore players & the lucky have a big event they can win. Something for everybody out there is a good step to walk up.

IF we dont get juiced up cld revenue this time, we never will :wise:

But with greater dps you go through more "lottery tickets" per hour - luck isn't so important if you can buy up half of the tickets. Sure you may end up totally broke, but "winning the event" isn't equal to "profit".

Lets put it this way:

* Imagine you are the person with highest dps and have all the time and money to plug into this. While your at it you will be looking over your shoulder thinking what if someone gets token hof and wins

* Imagine you are the most eco of the eco and you have some time but not all the time in the world or indeed money. While your hunting you get a token hof and are looting a reasonable amount of lower value tokens. While your competing you will be looking over your shoulder thinking what if someone gets more tokens by the mere fact they are hunting more hours than you.

Which of those two will win? I doubt we can say with any certainty either one of those is a given winner which perhaps is a good thing.

Edit:
Looking at the prizes again both are likely to end up with a good prize. So in essence perhaps both win.

Last edited:
Status
Back