Spring Mayhem Event Teaser

Status
Damnit I'll be in the Dominican Republic on vacation for most of this event, guess I'm not winning :p

Pros: good prizes, and a nice amount of them
something different than previous events
events are good (compared to no events.. lol)
addresses lag/disconnects issue from last Mayhem
more luck seems to be involved than ever (giving more chance to non-uber)

Cons: no time limit, that usually will mean who plays longest wins (almost without fail)
you can share an avatar allowing for longer play time (not really fair to others)
ANOTHER event? seriously?? we just had MM, and usually there is the spring migration, and we have this egg thing? But like someone said, u can just choose to not join

Mmm those are all my thoughts for now. All I know is I read this and feel I have no chance to win, unless it's a random prize near the end. Last MM I felt it was possible, and I won something actually due to random 50th place. I guess it's something I could try casually and just see what tokens I get, I am not trying to grind hours on end, resulting in huge loss just to win a prize that you usually can buy for someone for the same or less than u spent.

My idea! blame me! I wrote this in december:

I am goofing around, I am not really thinking it was my idea...but it was a little similar.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...atter-of-dps&p=3044861&highlight=#post3044861

Regardless, I for one am excited!

Good ideas keep coming back, I posted this 3 1/2 years ago for a possible change to mayhem.

A requirement of 90% damage isn't difficult to implement, the percentage damage dealt is calculated on every kill already. How would the system know to give the loot to someone who does 51% damage compared to someone else who does 49% on the same animal.

Score tracking could be achieved by each mob dropping a non transferable token and you loot a quantity dependent on the maturity. So for young you get 1, mature you get 2 and so on.

as with yours, slightly different but has elements.

Description An exciting Spring Mayhem event related to the ongoing Egg storyline....

I fail to see a connection between this ped draining mob grind and the Egg storyline. Somebody enlighten me please. :confused:

AKBAR SUMMER MAYHEM CONTEST
(june 29, my BirthDay :))

A crazy day of sweating,
all uber sweaters are invited !

I'm in! wee can't wait!!

lol bait us into thinking we can loot TEN items, all the while holding on to them for an event.
Typical Mindark half-truths.

actually now that i thought about this, i think encouraging people to hunt for hours and hours on end is bad.

aren't there reports of people who died of heart failure cuz they played to much wow and stuff? hope noone takes this event too seriously with 10s of thousands of $ as prices.

Thark

I have played for 54 hours non-stop Entropia, when I was full-time gamer I played 67 hours Counter-strike (substance assisted) and multiple MULTIPLE times for 48 hours straight, plus! Only idiots who literally don't move for 3 days, are the ones who die. I've run multiple LAN's where hundreds of people stay awake for 3 days straight, those stories you hear of Xin Xang Li dying during a 3 day raid, are the extraordinary cases.

Back OT; Gz to Smilgz, Star and those 2 mysterious avatars that only ever play during Mayhem, yet win every single time. Chalk up another one guys!
I won't spend a PEC on this bs event.

Pros: good prizes, and a nice amount of them my replyno
something different than previous events no
events are good (compared to no events.. lol) yessssssssssss
addresses lag/disconnects issue from last Mayhem i hope so
more luck seems to be involved than ever (giving more chance to non-uber) no in your fanatis

Cons: no time limit, that usually will mean who plays longest wins (almost without fail) mmmm..
you can share an avatar allowing for longer play time (not really fair to others) mmmm. been drinking?
ANOTHER event? seriously?? we just had MM, and usually there is the spring migration, and we have this egg thing? But like someone said, u can just choose to not join no

Mmm those are all my thoughts for now. All I know is I read this and feel I have no chance to win, unless it's a random prize near the end. Last MM I felt it was possible, and I won something actually due to random 50th place. I guess it's something I could try casually and just see what tokens I get, I am not trying to grind hours on end, resulting in huge loss just to win a prize that you usually can buy for someone for the same or less than u spent.
im too tired to read all

i cant wait till 15 aprill

so how does it works?

Please don't delete or merge the multi-posts.
Funniest thing on the forum all week.

Key factors
1. DPS
2. Time available to hunt
3. Level of Mobs
4. Luck getting enough tokens.

LOL imagine owning 2 Mod Hedocs! Some players will profit hugely from this.

Fifth place prize.

Wasn't MacMahon an IRA member, the one credited with the killing of Mountbatten?

This is will be fun :)

You only get zero value stackables (fragments, tokens) when you get no other loot, right?

Fifth place prize.

Wasn't MacMahon an IRA member, the one credited with the killing of Mountbatten?

No idea, but the ingame MacMahon, Doctor Macc MacMahon, is a weapons expert that created (among other things) the mod merc and imp EP-21, iirc.

I will just kill 2 mobs and loot 2x 1000 tokens. :)

Why do MA simply not get solutions for the cons (negatives) thrown up by their rules.
Having an instance timer would solve quite a bit for a start - max 20 hrs total time or so!

Crashing out - np - just reenter later. Families using one avatar - no advantage etc!

Enough time to get enough tokens that random distribution has less effect - nope.....

addon edit: More rewards for the luck of your final position down to 100 is positive imho, so I'm not saying MA has learnt nothing at all.
It could also be that the luck of getting a 500 or 1000 point token (if rare) will make up for less dps or fewer hours of grinding, but I find it unlikely tbh, unless even the lower point values are rare too.

We shall see..... killing 50 mobs or so should be enough to begin to get an idea!

Last edited:
Maybe i overlooked it but, since you have to turn in your tokens to the mission broker: Are the tokens tradeable before? Will read first post again...

Correction: i see it now: they are non tradable.
Sorry for interuption ;)

If tokens were tradable, MA could as well just dump all the prizes onto global auction :D

If tokens were tradable, MA could as well just dump all the prizes onto global auction :D

Nope the difference would be:
  • on global auction - all markup from items goes to MA.
  • if tokens woudl be tradeable - all markup goes to players (both token looters and item sellers)

Falagor
:bandit:

The real fight is for 100th place.... You have to make sure you get enough, but not too many...

Status
Back