Spud's Sweating Tutorial

Awesome guide!

Good Job Spud... +Rep for you taking the time and effort to put this sweating guide together! :thumbup:

Yes there is, but i still don't understand why you post it in an more than 4 months where has not been said a thing about TT-value ;)

does it really matter when he posts it? personally, i thinkit adds value and that this thread really isn't worth trouble about worrying if it is bumped. it isn't like a 6 month old global necro bump.

this is a thread that serves to inform people. adding to it adds value to the thread regardless of its age. imo. not everyone knows the TT value of sweat.

i do get what you are saying, but he is new and this is a sticky thread. it will get bumped.

Last edited:
ya, can't hurt to have tutorials bumped ^^

My point is, everyone keeps saying there is no TT for sweat. There is though.

well, ok, but I would say that 0.00001 ped is no value. That means 1k is worth a pec. given that the most efficient sweater on Calypso might get 1000 sweat in 2 hours, he/she can make a whopping 4 pec (translate to 0.0004 USD) for an eight hour day.
Even the worst real world sweatshops pay better.

MA had to put SOME numeric value on the stuff, just to keep the program from puking on nul value.

But thanks for bumping this useful thread.

A note to Brother Rick:
Don't 'sweat' the small stuff.
:laugh:

On a related note, has anyone ever put together a guide on what critters are actually sweatable and what it takes to extract sweat from them?

For example. Allophyls are great source of sweat, but you need a large party, or someone with ghost armor and 6B plates to hold the thing's attention while you gather sweat from one.

Just wondering.

Sorry, I just started, and I noticed no one posted the TT value, everyone kept saying there was no TT, so when I found out there wasnt, I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sorry if that's so bad :/

Excellent

If only I had read this sooner! This should be the first stop for anyone who doesn't want to deposit.

Can you tell me pls, the max lvl in sweeting and when i get maz am i able to sweet more? Just i play this PE years ago and heard something about that... is it tru?And highter the lvl than faster and more you can get sweets??

Can you tell me pls, the max lvl in sweeting and when i get maz am i able to sweet more? Just i play this PE years ago and heard something about that... is it tru?And highter the lvl than faster and more you can get sweets??

There is no max level in sweating any more. Some crazy people have got over profession level 26 / 3000 points in it. ;)

There is no correlation in higher level sweat gatherer and how fast you can get sweat. Higher evade & health plus being focused will help you.

Damn i actually read "swearing tutorial" :scratch2:

nice tutorial. Would love to incorporate this into my site if you'd let me. Request sent in pm :)

I am a real Noob and need some help in sweating with Focus chip

I broke the piggy bank and got the equiment for using a medium focus chip. Got inserter, inserted the implant and hot keyed the chip. Now I equp the chip and use the tool, it goes through the routine and I click it again and it seems as though nothing happens. No sweat and I don't even think it says sweat grathering failed in the box. What am I doing wrong:mad:?? I am such a nOOb and I show have known that I don't know nothing about no equiment:).

Spud if you could give one of the totorials like the first one on regular sweating but for using the MF I will dance at your next wedding:yay:.

Thanks,
Coz

Well, that's my tutorial submission. If you want to critique it, I would love to hear your opinions. Preferably before the end of January 7th as that is when the final draft is due.

If you like it: rock the vote once the polls are up (they close on Jan. 12th).

Below is a post that I amde when I thought I was replying to you, I just want to mak sure you get this and sorry for the double post:(.
Coz

I broke the piggy bank and got the equiment for using a medium focus chip. Got inserter, inserted the implant and hot keyed the chip. Now I equp the chip and use the tool, it goes through the routine and I click it again and it seems as though nothing happens. No sweat and I don't even think it says sweat grathering failed in the box. What am I doing wrong?? I am such a nOOb and I show have known that I don't know nothing about no equiment.

Spud if you could give one of the totorials like the first one on regular sweating but for using the MF I will dance at your next wedding.

Thanks,
Coz

Below is a post that I amde when I thought I was replying to you, I just want to mak sure you get this and sorry for the double post:(.
Coz

I broke the piggy bank and got the equiment for using a medium focus chip. Got inserter, inserted the implant and hot keyed the chip. Now I equp the chip and use the tool, it goes through the routine and I click it again and it seems as though nothing happens. No sweat and I don't even think it says sweat grathering failed in the box. What am I doing wrong?? I am such a nOOb and I show have known that I don't know nothing about no equiment.

Spud if you could give one of the totorials like the first one on regular sweating but for using the MF I will dance at your next wedding.

Thanks,
Coz

The focus chip should give you focus charges, not do the sweating for you. TO use the focus chip, you must have Mind Essense in your inventory. Then press your hotkey to equip the chip, press same key to concentrate on focusing, then press same key 3rd time to give yourself (or someone else if they are selected) focus charges.

Once you have the focus charges, then you go sweat as normal, except that mob hits won't break your concentration while you still have focus charges.

Nice guide to sweating!
There are some things you could say about the tactics around sweating and stuff... but I guess someone before me said it already... This guide surely gets you to step 1 in sweating (basics) and this part is a much forgotten part in other guides!
+rep deserved!

Nice guide to sweating!
There are some things you could say about the tactics around sweating and stuff... but I guess someone before me said it already... This guide surely gets you to step 1 in sweating (basics) and this part is a much forgotten part in other guides!
+rep deserved!

I second that! Very nice guide indeed! +rep! :thumbup:

My question is after you get sweat how and who do you sell it to? I've been trying to sell sweat in local and trade chat for 3 days now and know one is buying it. SHould I refine the sweat first? or .....

My question is after you get sweat how and who do you sell it to? I've been trying to sell sweat in local and trade chat for 3 days now and know one is buying it. SHould I refine the sweat first? or .....
seems like the request for ME goes back lately (maybe some ppl realise how bad MF is, or go to holidays, whatever)

so the request for sweat went back lately as well

could take a while til you get rid of it, but useful places to try tends to be PA, swamp camp, Neas

gl

As it is a supply-and-demand market you have to decrease the price to sell it as there is so much of it about. There are buyers, just yesterday I saw someone buying at PA for 0.5 pec per bottle.

sell sweat in local and trade chat

That may be your problem. If you use the local chat to sell things, you are breaking the EULA, and if you are examined, everybody having dealt with you might end up with a locked or banned account too

Back