Stable Estates

This is a typical ploy from MindArk to get more money from us, something that was once free, then taken away from game, then re-introduced and sold off.
I suspect these stables will be placed well away from any habited area therefore to make getting there easy the owner is going to have to buy a teleporter for 75K PED.
There will be extras too ... custom stable name for 10K PED, additional stalls for 10K PED, terminals for 15K PED EACH (or a package at a bargain 150K PED!). Also, don't forget you will need to buy food for all those pets you are looking after.

So being one of the highest skilled tamers in game, do I buy one or not? It's looking pretty doubtful at the moment, perhaps the way around stabling is to just tame the creature and sell it straight on in a normal shop and let the prospective owner worry about stabling fees if they want it to improve.
The mob vs mob fighting has no interest at all to me, I think in game terms it will be one of those things that people try for a couple of weeks then get bored with it and go back to their usual hunting, crafting or mining.

But, if you do wish to buy a stable, I wish you good luck!

The stable estates are up in auction now.

Pets are our friends?

Last edited:
maybe they want to see if/how much investment they will get before deciding how much proper development time they will spend on them? :scratch2: If so, then thats getting into dangerous terratory

maybe they want to see if/how much investment they will get before deciding how much proper development time they will spend on them? :scratch2: If so, then thats getting into dangerous terratory

This is spot on.

Thats what history teaches us..

1. CLD estates promised but after they got the peds there has been absolutely no news on either the voting or the land grabs that were part of the sale.

2. Medusa went for a low sum and MA decided to not give the hangar which was promised as part of the package.

PS : Had to add that this went well for investor because it was fetched at a way lower price then expected by others including MA :)

3. You should talk to the monria team about the kind of support they get for it.

So basically wherever MA got the peds first and developed later ( in recent history) , I have not seen it end well for the investor. CLD revenues were a known factor and hence that is the only place where things went as intended or close to.

I would suggest people to use there own heads and not get into the herd mentality. There is a reason we are not cattle and its time MA put more transparency into what they plan to deliver.

Divinity

Last edited:
I think the larger problem is what happens when stables go inactive and you have hard time to find a stable to service your pets, not stables on not very active planets.

Yeah.

Thinking of the banks when there was a maintenance fee - if a bank owner took a vacation, the "maintenance fee" would expire and you weren't able to reclaim the loan. Or, the bank owner wanted to sell the bank in auction, and set it to "resctricted" status to be able to post the deed, then the bank was locked to. Or even worse, if the stable on the (said) taming oriented planet of Toulan would be without a stable in a working state.

Now, if it is the stable owner who would provide food for the pets, what would happen if stable owner wouldn't log in for a month or so? And in case of next Island, as mentioned, if someone buys the stable there as pure investment, and decides just to sit on the deed.

How MA can implement stables while we still can't get promised voting rights and ground owning rights from CLD's introduced years ago ? I am wondering if all MA staff lost his mind or just few of them ?

I predict that Stable owners will get abandoned by MA same way while MA switch to some new "comunity ped draining iniciative" ( maybe BAD's ) as soon as MA will beout of "stables money" again.

Also want see those brave enough to bid high on stables keeping in mind so far MA untrustworthness...

The first gut feeling about the stables was that it would rise the cost for the general players (as also stable owner wants a piece of the share).

Maybe though, the costly part of stable would be free (I mean, you don't have to use the charge version if you didn't want to), and the services that a stable provides would be an alternative to those players who were using autoclickers around the Clock back in VU9 - so the stables would give all players a fair chance.

Maybe one of the stable locations is Fort Ithaca, there is a stable there :wise:

How MA can implement stables while we still can't get promised voting rights and ground owning rights from CLD's introduced years ago ? I am wondering if all MA staff lost his mind or just few of them ?

Maybe because stables and pets were here long before CLD were?

for anyone interested while at work..... the auctions have 30 days left on them, plus the hours to take them to midnight-ish in Europe. The listing says roughly where each stable is (name of closest main settlement). No bids so far, SB 20k.

I suppose we can't expect serious potential bidders to be positive about the subject anyway, but the 30 days is at least time for MA to actually publish some more details/promises/marketing/whatever (or not) during July!!!

The criticisms voiced so far are much more than just trying to keep people away from bidding imho, though. But will there be 14 or more ppl amongst us willing to bid? I expect so. We shall see I guess......

I better start hunting so I can get a nice ATH. Then I'll buy one. :)

So you are pissed off because someone else values something higher and is willing to pay for it? Were is my new ferrari for 30k? Everything else is a ripoff. Oh wait? Werent you the guy whining on this topic constantly?

You miss the main point.

If you depo $2000K to buy it, then you don't win, then you're stuck with a 3 month+ withdrawal less fees.

I did depo $3500k+ for motherships, when no one had a clue what they would sell for. PP's bought the first load with basically free ped, setting the bar for sale of the other ones. In the end it was a wasted depo, although I did bid 35K ped on every ship. So at least set a decent min bid on them.

The other issue is monopoly, just because some might have the power to buy everything, that doesn't necessarily mean it's good for the game or the players. But hey we have different viewpoint, so maybe I'm wasting my time posting.

If MA want all the sales to go to in-game peds fom LA's etc, then fine. I wont be losing sleep over it.....lol

Rick

Or the arenas could be part of the stables....which seems more likely to me.

My issue is that it's not stated explicitly

Stables will also be the hub for future Pet Battle Arenas and Controlled Creature Battle Octagons where all pet and creature activities will be held.

I may be wrong but sadly I was correct with space being lootable pvp when they would only say it was pvp. In the end we only found out until after the bulk of the MS had been sold and space was with us, no doubt that didn't tell us so that they could maximise the return on the MS sales.

In this case hub may just mean it's next door or that because there will be a lot of pet owners they'll spend a lot of time there. Unless someone at MA states categorically that the Battle Arenas will be part of the stables on the same deed I'll carry on believing they'll be a separate purchase.

Last edited:
for anyone interested while at work..... the auctions have 30 days left on them, plus the hours to take them to midnight-ish in Europe. The listing says roughly where each stable is (name of closest main settlement). No bids so far, SB 20k.

I suppose we can't expect serious potential bidders to be positive about the subject anyway, but the 30 days is at least time for MA to actually publish some more details/promises/marketing/whatever (or not) during July!!!

The criticisms voiced so far are much more than just trying to keep people away from bidding imho, though. But will there be 14 or more ppl amongst us willing to bid? I expect so. We shall see I guess......

Will we see an opening bid on the Next Island one? :scratch2:

Will we see an opening bid on the Next Island one? :scratch2:

It was posted earlier that NI is not on the auction. The others have the same running times, so were put on as a group. This would lead me to believe that NI may have been allotted a stable, but there is nobody 'home' to say to MA 'yes please, auction it...': We are left with, as posted earlier...:

Caly (6), Cyrene (1), Toulan (1), Arkadia (3) and Rocktropia (2).

Edit: and yes, Spike, I also see the word 'hub' with suspicion. I seriously doubt that they will be under the control of the stable owners in any way. I cannot imagine a channelling of all the BAD stuff through stable deeds, just a 'gateway' to the combined PC/smart phone platform or whatever...

Last edited:
It was posted earlier that NI is not on the auction. The others have the same running times, so were put on as a group. This would lead me to believe that NI may have been allotted a stable, but there is nobody 'home' to say to MA 'yes please, auction it...'

Damn. I was actually thinking about bidding on it just to see what would happen. :laugh:

dupe...............

Last edited:
The question is Is 1 of 1 stables on less populated planet better then 1 of 6 stables on most populated planet :scratch2:
Sure Calypso will have most pet owners, but other 5 stables will always undercut you in prices.
With 1 stable on Cyrene or Toulan you will be the monopoly.
But at the same time 1 person/group can buy all 6 on Calypso on become pet mafia

...I meant NI stable, yes lol!

The question is Is 1 of 1 stables on less populated planet better then 1 of 6 stables on most populated planet :scratch2:
Sure Calypso will have most pet owners, but other 5 stables will always undercut you in prices.
But at the same time 1 person/group can buy all 6 on Calypso on become pet mafia

I think some of that would depend on the size of default stables (nr of pet places). If an undercutter is simply going to be full (at default size) but with demand still high, then you don't have to try and match the cheapest....

NOTE: the motherships/starfinders in space were provided with such a low default SI (new meaning will now be "Stable Integrity"?), that they were pretty much useless on defense unless upgraded.

It would not surprise me in the least to find that stables come as very basic packages... have we any reason at all to expect anything different (especially with almost no information at all this time round)?

We still don;t know if Cyrene or Toulan or or any other planet than Caly will have it's own pets at all.
There is chance that other planet stablew will be exclusive for those planets pets handling. In that case f.e. next Island stable will be disaster for one who will get it .

Back