***Stage 3 Moblist***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hello to all 24 Qualified Teams:)

Did you know the next Hunts are :eek:In two weeks time?:eek:

Here is the WoF proper. The warm-ups are done. You are now ready to defend your country's name against anything that could be thrown at you.
Now, in the first of the Group Stages, you will see the true power of strategy and forethought, of planning and adaptability.

You face the same Moblist in 3 matches each, one-on-one matches against those in your Group.

The Moblist features spawns increased in both density and overall maturity by wicked forces as yet unknown.

There are 3 hunts, yet 4 weekends; here's how that works.

Stage 3 Round One: April 4th/5th.

Stage 3 Round Two: April 11th/12th, 25th/26th. (24 teams, 2 weekends, twice the choice of timeslots, hunt one weekend or the other.)

Stage 3 Round Three: May 3rd/4th

So.... the Moblist itself.

Stage 3: The Wild Bunch

April 4-5, April 11th/12th AND April 25th/26th (split for easter); May 2-3

Main:

Malcruentor (Guardian and Above) 10 points

Hispidus (Guardian and Above) 9 points

Scaboreas (All Maturities) 8 points

Malcruentor (Provider and below) 7 points

Ambulimax (All Maturities) 6 points

Hispidus (Provider and below) 5 points

Support:

Molisk (Leader) 4 points

Tezlapods (Any Maturity) 3 points

Molisk (Young-Warrior) 2 points

Bonus:

Phasm (All Maturities) 25 points

Maturities/Densities should change in time for the first Matches and last until the end of the Stage.

TimeSlots will be coming after the Draw for you to arrange match-time with your opponents.

The Draw will be filmed, and broadcast at a later date.

Draw results will be posted by Tuesday Night.

Thanks to all for your hard work Qualifying and seeding; looking forward to seeing some epic battles along the way:)

***Altered Spawns to be expected for Stage 3***

Malcruentor: Current Location.

Hispidus: Far West of Hadesheim (Blue bit)

Scaboreas & Tezlapod: North of PvP 1

Molisk: North of Troy and East of Argus

.....aaaaand the latest:

All Spawns recieving Adjustment for the Stage 3 Moblist will be changed each Friday Afternoon before each hunting weekend.

I know, this is what was said for the Bulks. Or maybe I should say this is what was intended for the Bulks. Now there's a nice degree of communication, more assurances and a new need to not f@ck it up.

So I for one believe they'll be there:)

Phasm Update: NeverDie has assured me a dense spawn of youngs will be available in a corner of LA 38.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Nice selection. Support should have fun on those mobs. Some interesting choices for the Main Teams to make - which maturities and densities are hopefully being adjusted? Hope it happens this time - not sure Deathifier's Hispidus LA could cope with 8 Main Teams camping on it simultaneously :D

Another interesting list as usual. I guess this is the key thing:

The Moblist features spawns increased in both density and overall maturity by wicked forces as yet unknown.

If MA handle this as well as they did last time then there are going to be some very frustrated people and some very low scores.

I have to say that seeing a moblist that relies (again) so heavily on MA intervention makes me rather anxious.

If MA handle this as well as they did last time then there are going to be some very frustrated people and some very low scores.

hopefully they'll be able to manage a spawn before the end of WoF :D

Has WoF just become an exercise in farming mobs? :rolleyes:

What I mean is, no knowledge, no tactics. Just go to these coords, MA will spawn mobs, shoot 3hrs, end.

Last edited:
Has WoF just become an exercise in farming mobs?

What I mean is, no knowledge, no tactics. Just go to these coords, MA will spawn mobs, shoot 3hrs, end.

I'll believe it when I see it after the first round fiasco :rolleyes:

Nice and interesting list; as everyone else said... we'll see if MA will be up to par this time.

Mayby some extra time slots between 0900 and 1800 MA on Sunday.

Cheers
Siam

Nope, WoF's just become something that causes some mobs to be bigger. I'm sure knowledge and tactics will still be helpful in getting a good score. If you think about it, MA have been spawning Mobs for the WoF since 2007....

I'm sure a portion of those taking part would prefer 4 months grinding Argos and Feffs but for the rest, there's a bit of variety from the norm:)

Hurrikane

Would be great if you could ask MA to get the spawns going on thursday, so they have some time to fix any mistakes before the first match starts.
And make sure they realise that 20 or so big mobs once every 5 minutes doesn't cut it, even with just a few teams out.

Would be great if you could ask MA to get the spawns going on thursday, so they have some time to fix any mistakes before the first match starts.
And make sure they realise that 20 or so big mobs once every 5 minutes doesn't cut it, even with just a few teams out.

I fully agree with this.
It would also be nice if MA like Deathifier did give some precise info as to when the spawn is adjusted and when the adjustment ends. What Deathifier did came over very professional. An shining example. Hint Hint.
The same for any other landowners that adjusts the spawn for the event.

Cheers
Siam

Frank's assured me that the rest of the WoF will go as planned. As the Bulks were expected for the Friday before the weekend, I imagine that's when the next spawns will take effect.

I'll keep you posted of any more communication on this.

And yes, nice job Deathifier:)

Hurrikane

As everyone else said, if they make the spawn like they did on BB, then this is bad. They should have more than one location with big mobs and each of those locations should have fast respawn. Those mobs die in few seconds on WoF firepower, so giving us 5 mobs every 5 minutes is just a way of causing us frustration and make us regret we put the effort of getting lots of people to help out. They can also make the spawns and areas 1 day before, so the planing can be communicated to people that we use for help. If we only have 1 hour to make plans is kind of hard to make everyone know what is supposed to do.

Not to mention that they could adjust the mobs before wof to make them with more HP +regen if they think the servers can't handle the firepower, but that is another story.

As everyone else said, if they make the spawn like they did on BB, then this is bad. They should have more than one location with big mobs and each of those locations should have fast respawn. Those mobs die in few seconds on WoF firepower, so giving us 5 mobs every 5 minutes is just a way of causing us frustration and make us regret we put the effort of getting lots of people to help out. They can also make the spawns and areas 1 day before, so the planing can be communicated to people that we use for help. If we only have 1 hour to make plans is kind of hard to make everyone know what is supposed to do.

Not to mention that they could adjust the mobs before wof to make them with more HP +regen if they think the servers can't handle the firepower, but that is another story.

This round is not totally reliant on MA's help; all the Mobs in this Moblist have featured in previous Moblists without any spawn changes. I am told any changes will be in current locations of the spawns in question, just have to wait and see:)

Hurrikane

This round is not totally reliant on MA's help; all the Mobs in this Moblist have featured in previous Moblists without any spawn changes. I am told any changes will be in current locations of the spawns in question, just have to wait and see

Yes that's true, but last year we only needed the 1 global on Malcs for the Main Team bonus points but now they are a 10 point mob teams will want to hunt them for 3 hours solid

As the Bulks were expected for the Friday before the weekend, I imagine that's when the next spawns will take effect.

I guess that's exactly what has everyone concerned. They say friday and then what happens... they arrive 10 minutes before WoF starts. I'd prefer they say Thursday and then they arrive on Friday giving teams time to plan

Yes that's true, but last year we only needed the 1 global on Malcs for the Main Team bonus points but now they are a 10 point mob teams will want to hunt them for 3 hours solid

I guess that's exactly what has everyone concerned. They say friday and then what happens... they arrive 10 minutes before WoF starts. I'd prefer they say Thursday and then they arrive on Friday giving teams time to plan

Not all 10 point mobs are the best ones to concentrate on.... that's the strategy part. Not saying Malcs aren't or won't be worth hunting, just that hogging the 10 point mobs is no guarantee of a victory:)

I've had more communication on this btw; those Mobs with more than one current spawn will not have all spawns adjusted (so not to disrupt non-competitors fun); I will know beforehand (and post to all teams) which spawns will "get the Turbo fitted".

Hurrikane

Not all 10 point mobs are the best ones to concentrate on.... that's the strategy part. Not saying Malcs aren't or won't be worth hunting, just that hogging the 10 point mobs is no guarantee of a victory:)

I've had more communication on this btw; those Mobs with more than one current spawn will not have all spawns adjusted (so not to disrupt non-competitors fun); I will know beforehand (and post to all teams) which spawns will "get the Turbo fitted".

Hurrikane

You are not right this time.

If they make no changes and that is the list of mobs is fair. We all have the same chances. But if they do make any changes, we assume that those changes are in the spirit of WoF. That means to give us the chance to kill as many mobs as fast as possible. If they can't do it, then is bad.

Planning the strategy is an important part. If hunting the 10 point mob is good or bad, remains to be judged by each team, but that can not be done if you have no clue what will be and where will be. An important part is that MA should understand that after we get to see the changes, teams need some time to transmit the strategy.

You may have had a good time during the first stage with big bulk. But we did not. It was frustrating and annoying because we had no mobs to shoot. There was nothing wrong with the strategy. What whas wrong, was that MA made us get 50 people around us to waste the time chatting in the middle of the field waiting for spawn. And that is such a waste for those 3 hours.

WoF can generate a lot of activity and lots of expenses. If they can't provide the opportunity to throw peds out the window when is clear we are willing, it makes me a bit sad. It goes against the spirit of the competition.

The conclusion I have when I see the spawn on normal events is that they have no clue what is the damage potential of the crowd, and EU is not as dynamic as it should be. When there are too many mobs compared to people firepower (see robot wars at hades), or there are to few mobs and they spawn every 10 minutes.

To make the final conclusion... If MA will change the spawn, then we will be forced to hunt where MA makes those changes, for any decent chance to score anything. So if MA makes any changes, all we ask is for them to make them in the spirit of this competition.

You are not right this time.

If they make no changes and that is the list of mobs is fair. We all have the same chances. But if they do make any changes, we assume that those changes are in the spirit of WoF. That means to give us the chance to kill as many mobs as fast as possible. If they can't do it, then is bad.

Planning the strategy is an important part. If hunting the 10 point mob is good or bad, remains to be judged by each team, but that can not be done if you have no clue what will be and where will be. An important part is that MA should understand that after we get to see the changes, teams need some time to transmit the strategy.

You may have had a good time during the first stage with big bulk. But we did not. It was frustrating and annoying because we had no mobs to shoot. There was nothing wrong with the strategy. What whas wrong, was that MA made us get 50 people around us to waste the time chatting in the middle of the field waiting for spawn. And that is such a waste for those 3 hours.

WoF can generate a lot of activity and lots of expenses. If they can't provide the opportunity to throw peds out the window when is clear we are willing, it makes me a bit sad. It goes against the spirit of the competition.

The conclusion I have when I see the spawn on normal events is that they have no clue what is the damage potential of the crowd, and EU is not as dynamic as it should be. When there are too many mobs compared to people firepower (see robot wars at hades), or there are to few mobs and they spawn every 10 minutes.

To make the final conclusion... If MA will change the spawn, then we will be forced to hunt where MA makes those changes, for any decent chance to score anything. So if MA makes any changes, all we ask is for them to make them in the spirit of this competition.

I'm sure they will.

Hurrikane

I will add my voice to this too. Would be much much better if (a) we know by the Monday, say, which spawns will be boosted and how, and (b) the spawns arrive on the Thursday.

(a) gives us time to plan our tactics, (b) both gives some leeway for any adjustments MA need to make to the spawns and gives the teams more time for a bit of practice.

In Qualifier A we basically went in pretty much blind tactics-wise because up until the start of the first slot we had no idea what the spawns were going to be like.

In Qualifier B, we made a match plan after Deathifier announced the intended changes and then adjusted the plan after a practice hunt on Thursday. Much better to be able to approach it like that than to be still guessing a day before the match.

Yeah, agree with all that.

k, sounds good.

I vote Tezlapod Stalkers in Amethera :D

This is the news to date, Spawns will be in place for each hunt weekend; but I have asked for this to start a day or two before the Start of the Stage, now awaiting confirmation.

Hurrikane

This is the news to date, Spawns will be in place for each hunt weekend; but I have asked for this to start a day or two before the Start of the Stage, now awaiting confirmation.

Hurrikane

Nice :) I remain cynical about MA's ability to deliver but the plan at least sounds good.

please can you define what alterled malc spawn means? it could be 1 every 100 buli vs 1 every 1000 or they could actually spawn in groups, it makes a big difference.

if this works out i will be impress if not i forsee all buli areas getting hit but every team lol

not the most inspiring mob list but you could have been more evil

oh wait ive not seen the start point set " corords 1x1x888 10 pixel wide landing spot this time" lol ;)

buli, mol la owners must be uber happy lol

lets see if our afk scab la owner turns up at feed his mobs if needs nomination for the darwin awards lol

lets see if our afk scab la owner turns up at feed his mobs if needs nomination for the darwin awards lol

No need to look, no dirtbags there, I already checked :whistle:

I can agree with you!
And what will the landowners say when MA is trying to get some players to thiere locations..?

I can agree with you!
And what will the landowners say when MA is trying to get some players to thiere locations..?

The Land Owners have been given ample time to place their own Mobs in the Moblist.... several of them have done this already, including Deathifier.

LA mobs will not be affected by the changes, unless land owners decide to do anything themselves.

As for this "exercise in farming mobs", could you please tell me what you thought of the WoF before a few mobs got bigger? Because apart from that it's exactly the same. I'm beginning to find out what it must be like to be MindArk; listen to what the public ask for, deliver it as best you can, get slated. Makes you really want to try to get it better next time. With all these wonderful positive comments (not enough, too many, too structured, not organised enough) I'm really beginning to wonder why I bothered making this one better at all.

To those of you happy with WoF 2009, all the best.

Hurrikane

please can you define what alterled malc spawn means? it could be 1 every 100 buli vs 1 every 1000 or they could actually spawn in groups, it makes a big difference.

if this works out i will be impress if not i forsee all buli areas getting hit but every team lol

not the most inspiring mob list but you could have been more evil

oh wait ive not seen the start point set " corords 1x1x888 10 pixel wide landing spot this time" lol ;)

buli, mol la owners must be uber happy lol

The request was for "Denser Spawns with Higher and Highest Maturities" on the Mobs in question, which was agreed.

Hurrikane

Reactions: Pip
As for this "exercise in farming mobs", could you please tell me what you thought of the WoF before a few mobs got bigger? Because apart from that it's exactly the same. I'm beginning to find out what it must be like to be MindArk; listen to what the public ask for, deliver it as best you can, get slated. Makes you really want to try to get it better next time. With all these wonderful positive comments (not enough, too many, too structured, not organised enough) I'm really beginning to wonder why I bothered making this one better at all.

To those of you happy with WoF 2009, all the best.

Hurrikane

Thought you reminded me of someone, just couldn't think who ;)

Not sure why I ranted earlier, I will be first to curse the low spawn and the 12 man support team ksing my mobs when there aren't enough :D

Back