Starfinder/Privateer Pilot weapon

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Dear Devs

There are 70 or so Starfinders/Privateers in game. One of the most annoying features as an owner is the lack of a pilot weapon. When flying solo to hunt space mobs or fight off pirates you need to stop the ship, change to a gunner seat, shoot away, swap back to pilot seat and continue on. To be honest, I would spend more PED in space if I had a pilot controlled weapon. Can we add this feature to all Starfinders/Privateers. Happy to pay for the upgrade.

Regards
Bjorn

and run to reparation. Even at 2 it's kind of fun at short time :)

+1 for this.... as has been requested in many support cases also :)

With the apparent focus on space missions etc. (yay!) this should really be looked at.

id give up the 2 rear leaving it vulnerable for a pilot gun :) or even top front make it the pilot gun =p

I do like the idea, But its also a nice opportunity to hire crew. Making ships solo endeavours takes away from team play, which in my opinion Entropia needs more of not less.

Last edited:
I do like the idea, But its also a nice opportunity to hire crew. Making ships solo endeavours takes away from team play, which in my opinion Entropia needs more of not less.
I agree with you - on this though I don't think it would impact crew at all. It would be really helpful when doing small hunts in space, but for literally everything else (pirate protection/boss wave/big hunts etc.) you still want some more gunners :)

Dear Devs

There are 70 or so Starfinders/Privateers in game. One of the most annoying features as an owner is the lack of a pilot weapon. When flying solo to hunt space mobs or fight off pirates you need to stop the ship, change to a gunner seat, shoot away, swap back to pilot seat and continue on. To be honest, I would spend more PED in space if I had a pilot controlled weapon. Can we add this feature to all Starfinders/Privateers. Happy to pay for the upgrade.

Regards
Bjorn
IMO for all privateers/starfinders and even motherships there should be an ability to 'remote control' atleast one of the existing gun turrets from pilot seat - let it have slow tracking / take its time to lock on target but give us a way to hit a target without constantly having to jump between seats.
Especially with the new shared wave encounter out i have seen what it takes of the pilot to make sure all gunners can shoot on a mothership as well as for none of them to loose their loot - if i provide this as a pilot i essentiallty provide ship and service but get nothing of the loot - being able to do some dmg from pilot even with a slow tracking remote turret would be great.
Also unlike planetside where if someone invests in the best weapon and has a 'better' chance then others on a shared encounter - in space this does currently not apply - the best weapon at this point seems to be the kismet v3 laser even outperforming mothership/privateer turrets during boss fight while at the same time being on the low budget side of things compared of the invest in some of the bigger ships which owners do not get any edge whatsoever. A shipowner provides turrets to other hunters, he doesnt get to shoot with something that could be considered advantageous weapon.

Some 'newbies' would pay to be a gunner. Just ask :)

I mean another potential idea could be that they allow you to switch seats similar to how it works in quads. Rather than having to enter the ships interior, they could even add shortcuts/ action library icons for them. Allowing you to add shortcuts to your fav gunner positions(would act like changing weapons on planet side). This could also benefit gunners too whilst also having a trade off for being solo. I think the reason those ships do not have solo guns currently, is because it would be such a huge advantage over everyone else(was it ever sold as a solo ship?), while quad pilots maybe have more dps, they only have 1200 si, which can barely tank a single dropship as it stands(with no options to improve it ). Im sure if every mothership had all gunner seats unlocked the total dps of that ship would be through the roof! not to mention some ships have crazy si and can repair during the hunt.... I hope that space becomes a place where all ships have value and not " i spent more so it should be better than everything." (trying not to be too biased here ) but I do see where you guys are coming from in some areas... damage types should be changeable for mothership too in my opinion.(maybe on a per turret basis) .. anyway thats just my 2cents

I mean another potential idea could be that they allow you to switch seats similar to how it works in quads. Rather than having to enter the ships interior, they could even add shortcuts/ action library icons for them. Allowing you to add shortcuts to your fav gunner positions(would act like changing weapons on planet side). This could also benefit gunners too whilst also having a trade off for being solo. I think the reason those ships do not have solo guns currently, is because it would be such a huge advantage over everyone else(was it ever sold as a solo ship?), while quad pilots maybe have more dps, they only have 1200 si, which can barely tank a single dropship as it stands(with no options to improve it ). Im sure if every mothership had all gunner seats unlocked the total dps of that ship would be through the roof! not to mention some ships have crazy si and can repair during the hunt.... I hope that space becomes a place where all ships have value and not " i spent more so it should be better than everything." (trying not to be too biased here ) but I do see where you guys are coming from in some areas... damage types should be changeable for mothership too in my opinion.(maybe on a per turret basis) .. anyway thats just my 2cents
You are correct that the dps of a mothership is higher then the dps of a quad, but the comparison is flawt - you are comparing the dps of 11 gunners against a single fighter pilot, make it 11 fighter pilots then fighters win out again. Keep in mind this is a shared loot encounters - teams / team loot doesnt apply here the loot counts for each individual players regardless which ship they are on - you have to compare on a per player basis.
Also if a mothership is present with 11 gunner then all those ghunners create aggro for the mothership so fighters dont get any fire cause the mothership who does less dmg gets all the beating and has the repaircost.

Back