Start with MF

Pavlov

Mature
Richard Mister Pavlov
Good day guys,

Just for interest. I am shooting with laser for a while, but MF likes to interest me more and more.

Any suggestions where to start? :)

I have read that corrossive are a good start dmg/p/sec. + combustive chips.

+ is MF expencier than weapons?

Cheers,
Mr. Pavlov :smoke:

Yeah the corrosive is a nice one to start on and see if you like MF, it is good eco but dependent on the MU you pay fro the nano. If your doing an iron with them (which you should be) then your gonna burn through them and it may not be so good. I mean if you do the puny iron on caly, using the weapons they drop is definitely better eco

Some good points of MF:

1 Skill quite fast so you can get to bigger sized mobs faster maybe
2 Easy to find next chip and a clear SIB route up

Bad points:

1 No amps
2 Not high level chips

P.s You could also head to Ark to do this on halix etc the ark punys. But take several chips with you.

Thanks mate.

ok one more thingy - (L) or ul? I have read that UL are in some kind of why better than (L)

The truth is markup on (L) chips is very low, but UL chips are sooooo cheap that you can probably afford most of the starting ones up to level V (less than 500ped markup on most of them).

Talking about the "Nanochips".

My opinion, I'm no uber mindforcer anyway.

P.s You could also head to Ark to do this on halix etc the ark punys. But take several chips with you.

Level 1 (L) nanochips are easily available on Ark, they drop from level 1 Aakas instances (and lvl 2 drop from lvl 2, etc.). From what I've seen, lacerating drops more often than corrosive, and combustive (good for tagging) is less common; about half of instance runs yield a chip, occasionally two; however, we've done only some thirty or so Aakas, so my sample is pretty small.

(On a side note, we were reusing looted Lacerating I (L) to kill Ubo in Aakas; in a team of two, it works fairly well)

Halix, given its fast attack rate and insane HA, is painful to hunt with short range weapons at low evader levels. But then, you only need to survive, and then there's Fanoos.

A random observation: skilling pyrokinesis with Corrosive is much faster than skilling cryogenics with Lacerating; not sure why but this might have something to do with decay, which is much higher for Corrosive. On the other hand, this means that it's easier to ensure constant supply of Lacerating as it lasts longer.

any person that is considering choosing mindforce as a main profession needs to keep in mind that youll need to find away to supplement you hp. be if from melee combat or mission rewards.

at first it should not be a major concern but once you hit level 50ish youll need to look at it seriously.

just something to keep in mind for all aspiring mfers.

I was going to mention that but didnt as he is just deciding to use it or not. Actually I should have mentioned it as a negative.

Pavlov, long term you wont get the same HP benefits as from other weapons so maybe use MF as main then sword/dagger as secondary like proxy above and me.

However due to lack of MF amps and high end chips what I am planning to do is when I am about lvl 45+ electro, I will use the sword as my main from then on and maybe in about 9 years time I will unlock commando :laugh:

any person that is considering choosing mindforce as a main profession needs to keep in mind that youll need to find away to supplement you hp. be if from melee combat or mission rewards.

at first it should not be a major concern but once you hit level 50ish youll need to look at it seriously.

just something to keep in mind for all aspiring mfers.

Aye, I personally always got the mission rewards that helped HP or evade levels... And my first action after unlocking Force Merge was to go for Coolness (which I then chipped in to gain a massive health boost).

MF + melee. sounds fun. lol.

Nighthawk thanks, thants a really good info over chips.

Is there NOT "nano" cips? If their are, so what are the others and what is the difference?

Last but not least, what should I do with my laser skills? If I choose MF for ever, than maybe chip them out? sell or skill in some evade. or just leave them? I am lvl 20 laser.

Level 1 (L) nanochips are easily available on Ark, they drop from level 1 Aakas instances (and lvl 2 drop from lvl 2, etc.). From what I've seen, lacerating drops more often than corrosive, and combustive (good for tagging) is less common; about half of instance runs yield a chip, occasionally two; however, we've done only some thirty or so Aakas, so my sample is pretty small.

(On a side note, we were reusing looted Lacerating I (L) to kill Ubo in Aakas; in a team of two, it works fairly well)

Halix, given its fast attack rate and insane HA, is painful to hunt with short range weapons at low evader levels. But then, you only need to survive, and then there's Fanoos.

Ubo drop quite a few combustive chips (found on LA6), you should be able to find combustives at <105% on Arkadia. Corrosive chips are the faster pyro.. like throwing snotballs.

Is there NOT "nano" cips? If their are, so what are the others and what is the difference?

There are Nanochips and there are Chips... Chips are older and have basically stopped dropping as Nanochips (which have MUCH lower decay, last waaaaay longer, have better eco, markup affecting eco less) were introduced.

1st, it's fun.
2nd, don't sell other skills. If u switched once u might switch again someday... ;)

1st, it's fun.
2nd, don't sell other skills. If u switched once u might switch again someday... ;)

Thanks for advice! ;) pretty sure it's usefull.

Last question - does MF all chips have other extra effects?? like burnin poison etc.?
Or it's just name of the skill?

Everybody thanks for advices!!! I have more and more interest to begin play and try MF :)))
My start was and is regenaration chip, only it's *** slow :)

Cheers,
Mr. Pavlov :smoke:

Last question - does MF all chips have other extra effects?? like burnin poison etc.?
Or it's just name of the skill?

Nah, regular attack chips do not have extra effects, it's just what type of damage they deal. There are other chips for some of the skills however, like the Metabolic Acceleration (speed up) and Ignite (Damage over time) for Pyro :)

Personal Effect Chip: Health Augmentation Chip I (L)Specifications
Level: 1
Weight: 0.2 kg
Effect
Type: Biotropic
Duration: 600 Seconds
Strength: 3
Stats
Concentration: 5 Seconds
Range: 5 m
Uses: 10 /min
Reload: 6.00 Sec
Economy
Maximal TT: 12 PED
Ammo Type: Mind Essence
Ammo: 50 ME
Profession
Profession: Biotropic
Recommended Level: 7 Levels

temp extra health

Personal Effect Chip: Metabolic Acceleration Chip I (L)
Effect
Type: Pyrokinetic
Duration: 120 Seconds
Strength: 0.15
Stats
Concentration: 3 Seconds
Cooldown Group: VIII
Range: 15 m
Uses: 5 /min
Reload: 12.00 Sec
Economy
Maximal TT: 4.7 PED
Minimal TT: 0.141 PED
Uses: 484 Total
Decay: 0.942 PEC
Ammo: 384 ME
Cost: 4.782 PEC
Cost including markup: 5.934 PEC
Profession
Profession: Pyro Kinetic (Hit)
Recommended Level: 25 Levels

faster move speed

Personal Effect Chip: Metabolic Inhibition Chip I (L)
Effect
Type: Cryogenic
Duration: 10 Seconds
Strength: 0.25
Stats
Concentration: 1.5 Seconds
Cooldown Group: VII
Range: 38 m
Uses: 4 /min
Reload: 15.00 Sec
Economy
Maximal TT: 6.9 PED
Minimal TT: 0.207 PED
Uses: 470 Total
Decay: 1.426 PEC
Ammo: 572 ME
Cost: 7.146 PEC
Cost including markup: 8.862 PEC
Profession
Profession: Cryogenic (Hit)
Recommended Level: 25 Levels

slow target down

Personal Effect Chip: Regeneration Inhibition Chip I (L)
Effect
Type: Biotropic
Duration: 40 Seconds
Strength: 5
Stats
Cooldown Group: X
Range: 5 m
Uses: 3 /min
Reload: 20.00 Sec
Economy
Maximal TT: 6 PED
Minimal TT: 0.18 PED
Ammo: 40 ME
Profession
Profession: Biotropic
Recommended Level: 5 Levels

slows down health regen

the more advanced lvl chips are all ma owned at the moment though so who knows...

Back