Starting to Believe in the New Weapons (FEN)

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
As some of you know I took a break from the game at the end of January 2019 after buying a FEN Mace and some Adj Jag Armour, I think the stress was too much to try and buy the gear 'and' have a bankroll to play at the same time. Add to that a good decade+ of struggling in game financially (even though I had some great times), so my trust in the system didn't quite match the belief in the new items. I wanted too believe I really did, but I guess I wasn't ready to believe even though the weapon stats were superb based on enropia wiki. So all it took was some bad first runs, and I thought here we go again.

Roll on three months; I paid off those items in real life and I was ready to have another go at hunting with a fresh mindset, clean credit card and new plans to try and make some progress.

Anyway I've been thinking, do I write a thread or not....mmmmmm. Part of me doesn't want to tempt fate, but I'm an honest guy; so good or bad news I felt I owed it to the community to add an update.

I took on board monitoriing returns, not just daily results. I took on board looking for mobs that might have some MU to help me. After I finished Atrox Bronze and 30K Feffox, which I just had to do on a personal level.

I set myself play time and break times. Do 2 or 3 full maces, log off and walk away for an hour or so...relax do the washing up or something.

Anyway after finishing Atrox and Feffox, I added a new hunting budget and started tracking.

Are you ready for this..!!!!!!

Between 8th May and today 15th May I've run 38 full maces with 6 amp and with some MU on oils etc, I'm roughly even. About 40 ped down, nothing to complain about.

My mace is 500 ped TT and it burns about 135 ped amp 6 (roughly)

So thats about 38 x 500+135 = 24130 ped turnover in 8 days roughly.

As I said I don't want to tempt fate, so I'm not going to run a forum tracker for now. I want to give it 6 months, see how it goes.

There's no amount of ped anyone could offer me for that mace right now.

I just to say this for those that were used to running IMK2 and Mod Mercs for the last decade, it's very hard for players that have never used the kit to believe, when we were running much much worse without stats. I ran a valor non sib sword for my first couple of years in EU.....how bad eco was that compared with a IMK2!!!

So I thank MA for open stats they put on weapons, and I also thank MA for new SIB weapons with amazing stats. I feel there's a future for the game. There certainly feels like a future worth skilling for.

I'll finish by saying, I so hope I haven't nerfed my ava writing this. Cross finger.

Happy hunting out there.

Rick

I'm glad to hear the mace is treating you well rick. Everything is just a matter of cycling long enough imo :cool::cool:

Aww would you look at that. RickEngland all grown up! :yay:

Keep up with tracking and adjusting with your findings. Enjoy Entropia :)

in before the next rant after a few consecutive bad runs :popcorn:

:tongue2:

Kudo's to this positive look on things, Rick!
I hope it keeps treating you well :thumbup:

Putting belief before rationality is the root of all evil.

All the best to you!

in before the next rant after a few consecutive bad runs :popcorn:

:tongue2:

Kudo's to this positive look on things, Rick!
I hope it keeps treating you well :thumbup:

hahaha.

Well my last 3+ runs have been down runs, and I gave back the 960 ped hof. But more turnover managed to get me enough oils to bounce back, which wasn't possible with less eco.

To be fair I did reasonably ok with less eco gear for many years, my issue was buying a weapon that should perform and it wasn't at the start. I still don't quite trust everything under the hood, but I'm more confident.

Maybe a few more levels looter skill will make the difference.

Other than finding a few nice pets and some ESI's years ago when I was doing all the Rex missions, I've still not found that amazing item.

Onwards and upwards.

Back to farming some CP revenue for the community today....smiles.

Rick

welcome back Rick :) keep hunting moderately and with mu in mind and you ll be fine. When the summer migration starts though do not under any circumstances hunt normal mobs... all the. loot is going to be in those eomons and longtooths

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RickEngland again."

Looks quite positive. I had a similar experience with my LR-40 FEN and mayhem alpha amp. Have upgraded to BC-80 Augmented based on my experience there. :)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RickEngland again."

Looks quite positive. I had a similar experience with my LR-40 FEN and mayhem alpha amp. Have upgraded to BC-80 Augmented based on my experience there. :)

Thanks everyone for the comments..

Interestingly your LR 40 FEN had comparable stats to FEN Mace. Gratz on your upgrade I hope it works out. That wasn't cheap either, so it would be nice to know just how much better it is than the FEN LR 40. Please keep us updated.

I need another 20+ levels of clubs to use the level 80 FEN Mace, but no worries having fun with the kit I've just bought for now.

It would be nice to hear how others are getting on with their new FEN weapons.

I'm out for now, laters.

Rick

I think I have to save some money to buy one of the FEN weapons aswell befor going back to hunting, so far I do ok in mining :)

What is happening, why people suddenly all lovey dovey on these FEN items? lol

we always been lovey dovey on our FEN items i think. all i got was a weak claw but my arso TEN combines very well with it. i'm not near uber unless you consider my nubee status; uber noob.

since i don't really hunt like pros, tracking and recording my runs, although i should, i can only tell you what i've heard. the FEN mace was the only bad news i ever heard, btw, and now thats changed. i've heard consistent profits on most runs with the weak claw. and besides that i also hear the better items loot expectancy rumor about the higher efficiency. i want to believe.

i really got some nice skilling in powerfist and brawler. and surprised at the current pricing at 14k with FEN 2 Amp. but i'm also in the won't sell camp. i'm all set up for uber nubee with this weak claw+ FEN 2 amp and i went way out of the way to reaquire my adjusted nemesis set for the long grind. so, fear me drokas, your numbers shall be diminished.

The main thing Rick, is to have fun - whatever you do in Entropia. :banana:

What is happening, why people suddenly all lovey dovey on these FEN items? lol

Because a lot of FEN is low level SIB requirement, and it's up there with the best DPP in the game. They make Mod Mercs and IMk2 look like old rotten turds based on DPP stats. It's like a mid level hunters dream weapons.

The A&P series are wonderful of course but you need pro level 100+ on the top end items to get the similar DPP. Or even Mid level 80's etc, and they cost an absolute fortune in comparison to some FEN.

Look at this list based on a 'sort' by DPP, it includes some L with unlimited.

Mod Mercs are 3.043 DPP, so not even on this list.
The Ancient IMK2 just about makes this list at 3.281
The standard IMK2 though is 3.280 at the bottom of the list

Those old guns are non-SIB.

Rick

edit: the top end FEN mace (level 80 version) didn't make the list (by sort) as the DPP is not loaded in wiki yet (value is unknown). The thorifoid Mace I'm using is almost as good a unique reapers blade. This is why I didn't understand why many players didn't think it was worth 15K peds. I'm still confused by that to be honest.

Last edited:
Have to say, liking this new outlook you have Rick!

Have to say, liking this new outlook you have Rick!

Just had a few years of pain and struggles, the Compet loss didn't help.

Historically though I used to post a lot of upbeat forum posts, maybe I'm getting back to my old self.

Cheers and Good luck

Rick

ps: funny Wizz and Mega...haha.

Whomever bought that Thorifoid Berserker Mace, FEN Edition from Pudding, I wish you every success with it. I normally do at least 2 full runs with mine, I did 4 hunting runs tonight though, which lasted a good 5 hours hunting.

Not really publicly tracking, but I'm so happy with the results since 8th May 2019. I'll post a few stats.

71 maces run in 14 days.

Turned-over approx. 45085 ped (500 mace +say 135 amp x 71).

Gained 2845 skills in 14 days.

Cost for 14 days -884 ped. Although I do have a small bit of MU to sell on that.

That's under 2% cost I think. 884/45085= 1.96%

Better than I've done with previous weapons, and skilling is epically good.

Laters I'm out, happy hunting.

Rick

ps: Went from 57.8020 "2-handed clubber HIT" to 60.3750
Added 2 levels of damage as well to level 62.

Last edited:
Whomever bought that Thorifoid Berserker Mace, FEN Edition from Pudding, I wish you every success with it.

:laugh: It's a mystery!

I actually miss that thing! I was getting 98.7% tt returns with it, but small sample size.

I do know another person who is selling a FEN Mace that is different than the person I sold mine to. If you would like to know who PM me and I'll put you in contact w/ the seller.

There are 3 known FEN maces in game (the little spiked Thorifoid Berserker ones).

Keep it up Rick!!! Love the positivity! :yay:

:laugh: It's a mystery!

I actually miss that thing! I was getting 98.7% tt returns with it, but small sample size.

I do know another person who is selling a FEN Mace that is different than the person I sold mine to. If you would like to know who PM me and I'll put you in contact w/ the seller.

There are 3 known FEN maces in game (the little spiked Thorifoid Berserker ones).

Keep it up Rick!!! Love the positivity! :yay:

Cheers Pudding, nice returns that's good to hear to get some comparisons. Yep same mace I'm using. I'm almost skilled for the other FEN mace now, I thought it was level 80 for some reason (but it's 60).

I must admit after all these years I did break my 5K ped max price I'd ever pay for a weapon...hahah.

Right back to work. See ya

Rick

This is why I didn't understand why many players didn't think it was worth 15K peds. I'm still confused by that to be honest.

I seem to remember reading many many pages of f*ing mace, f*ing cheating game, mace drained ped faster than old setup.. bla bla . Oh also..

SELLING MACE ONLY 15K PED.

Still confused? :laugh:

I seem to remember reading many many pages of f*ing mace, f*ing cheating game, mace drained ped faster than old setup.. bla bla . Oh also..

SELLING MACE ONLY 15K PED.

Still confused? :laugh:

It's like been told for a decade that if you buy a sports car it will out perform an old banger, I bought it, it performed like an old banger. MA obviously put it in for some fine tuning and now it works as intended. Which probably helps a lot of other players out to be fair with fine tuning the system for newly introduced kit.

But hey the point of this thread was so say I'm happier with it now (I could've not bothered, but I felt it was the right thing to do). It still costs a lot to run it, but it's good skilling. Plus I'm getting a feel for expectations using it.

On tracker I'm placed 131 of 3767 hunters, with only about 2 weeks of a month. So the real question is, where are all the hunters? I'm doing my bit, paid my cash, turning over ped.

Happy hunting.

Rick

:yay: Saw your name on the Global Tracker the other day:yup: Good to see you happy and active im sure MA does too:cool:

Whomever bought that Thorifoid Berserker Mace, FEN Edition from Pudding, I wish you every success with it. I normally do at least 2 full runs with mine, I did 4 hunting runs tonight though, which lasted a good 5 hours hunting.

Not really publicly tracking, but I'm so happy with the results since 8th May 2019. I'll post a few stats.

71 maces run in 14 days.

Turned-over approx. 45085 ped (500 mace +say 135 amp x 71).

Gained 2845 skills in 14 days.

Cost for 14 days -884 ped. Although I do have a small bit of MU to sell on that.

That's under 2% cost I think. 884/45085= 1.96%

Better than I've done with previous weapons, and skilling is epically good.

Laters I'm out, happy hunting.

Rick

ps: Went from 57.8020 "2-handed clubber HIT" to 60.3750
Added 2 levels of damage as well to level 62.

Is all this on Crystal Palace?

well little update

Mace count v overall returns (lets remember only tracking since 8th May all previous losses ignored)

71 maces -884 ped
73 maces -746 ped
82 maces -884 ped
86 maces -1349 ped (464 loss in two maces)
88 maces -1465 ped (115 loss in another two maces)
90 maces -1808 ped (343 loss in two more maces)

Added £200 today as running low on bank roll, although sadly still set on global ban for heavy hunting.

92 maces -2316 ped (another -508 loss in two maces, with one of the most eco weapons in the game)
92.5 maces -2473 (another 157 loss for half a mace....STOPPED)

TOLD MA in Chat they're stupid idiots not to turn on my loot after another depo.

TT'd all in frustration, taking a break until migration.

Btw got to 104 placed on tracker before the real hardcore global ban kicked in, tin foil hat and all that sh*t.

MA really are idiots, total idiots. It's not like there's hardly any chance to loot anything good anyway, so we're paying for simply skilling. All I wanted was some loot after paying them MORE money today yet they hit me with further hard losses.

It's not like I had a fat hof and giving free peds back either. This is deposit money.

I'm angry actually, at the placebo bullshit weapon stats to suck us in, and the piss poor loot management.

See you in 3 months when ever that migration starts. Got the ped on the card might as well burn it.

Almost skilled clubs to 7K though, but its pointless.

I'm out. bye bye

Rick

ps: before all the fans boys give me sh*t, I had a little chat with some friendly ubers before I logged and they're suffering badly.

Last edited:
Well it lasted 11 days, 7 more than i expected

I think it could be the dihydrogen monoxide MA put in loot since that long lasting maintenance last week? I am worried and I want an immediate public statement about this, something is totally off...

stay safe
smiles

Well it lasted 11 days, 7 more than i expected

To be I fair tried really hard, was prepared to take losses and hold out for loot to catch up.
But there're limits, I already paid 15K for weapon and 8K for amour and big depo for bank roll. I added more bank roll, hoping for a bounce, didn't complain.

I should not be getting $50 loss on 2 x $50 maces + amp, and 4 straight big losses.

Well even if that is normal, I don't like it (it's not for me). You need to ask yourself a question, why is the community so small? The current business model isn't working, is it.

I think it could be the dihydrogen monoxide MA put in loot since that long lasting maintenance last week? I am worried and I want an immediate public statement about this, something is totally off...

stay safe
smiles

thank you :)

Trust is already low, so even if Ma admit there's a bug, I don't think I'm ready to trust them.

You know what, to make it almost in the top 100 hunters does not fill me with much confidence turning around 650 ped an hour. That means there's 100 pretty hard hunters, and probably only 200 or less middle ground hunters contributing to the game, plus all the other players just having a bit of fun. Of those top 100, probably top 5 - 10 are doing 30% - 50% of the turnover for the whole damn game.

Some would say it's not that bright having a moan about an expensive weapon. But hey-ho, I've already written off my EU investments. CP hunting was pretty interesting, after the first week returns dropped down significantly, it felt like MA was forcing hunters off the newly sold LA (but I've often felt La loot is managed). Add to that the oil drops (spleen), were considerably reduced in week 2 and worse in week 3 after sale. It was such a change it was noticeable in a big way.

My plan was that I could cover CP tax with spleen and output amps. But with the 'adjusted' reduced drops, it's almost impossible in later hunts to make that work. Add to that huge reduction in global count, and it was painful.

I know we don't always see eye to eye, and I thank you for your comment. I'm an average family guy, I can't be doing $1000 - $5000 bank rolls and hoping MA get their maths right. It's not the game I joined back in 20o6.

It's simply unsustainable for me. Sadly that is just the way it is. So I'll take it on the chin and walk away.

Have a good evening, and be careful out there.

Rick

Back