State of the Universe Address 2013

MA has kept most of their Promises, but now it's up to the players to make it happen.

I'm going to be honest.. Has Mindark Kept their promises. Well in a number of xaes they have..

First off the cost of play has been reduced in a manner of speaking. But the problem that exists isn't with Mindwrk, but with the players themselves..

I mean let's be honest, sure some players want to get the most bang for their ped, but the issue is with the players who are putting items up on th market to allow other players to continue recycling their peds.. Imean sure some people thin that a gun at 130% is way over priced but a gun at 200% is ludicrous, especially since it is an SIB weapon anyoneneeds to use.

Second Let's also look at another issue many people miss and this is in fact the Sweat market in general. Frankly Sweatsinks in the last two years have been incorporated into the game, and while the price of sweat remains low, the reality is, there are now fore uses for sweat than there were before US 10 came out..

I meann Welding wire, Mind Essence, armor plates, and some other items like Arkadian Furniture and some components have been and use sweat. And in large quantity. because of this demand should be high and supply low.. Yet the issue his the the reseller/player and the player who is trying to sell their sweat. I mean some 2 ped per K is way to little to have any startin g player to get into game. And the hapless sweater has to spend more and more time (or deposit) in order to play. Tjos os wju Gims ;ole tje Ark TT-R were created . To adjust for the prices that are now so ridiculously low. At 2.5 ped per K it would take a sweater at most 12 hours to get the necessary ped to start playing.. especially if they can't deposit..

Next up is the player who is trying to sell their sweeat.. Hearing that a certain price is set or somewhat fixed, they try to sell it in a manner of desperation and in the ned, get a lot less, and thus have to sweat a lot more in order just to get started...

Then there are the legitimate players who use th issue that "Calypso is the only planet in the Universe that has the best prices.. and refuse to trade or sell items on other worlds for a fiar price.. and usually the ones who stay on Calypso are usually the ones who aren't making thir ped but rather losing it for the fact that the Calypso market to them is the only Market not realizing that there are other worlds (4 of them) that have viable markets (at leat two others do (Namely Rocktropia and Arkadia. Becausse of this they lose out on golden opporitunities to sell goods, but the issue here is that a lot of players who are able to move goods smartly and safely usually don't want to take Calypso Items off of Calypso.. Those who do, usually are the ones who profit.. Those who don't actually lose money..because of the fact that they're scared of Space.. Tey don't want to risk even large quantities of goods for fear of being looted..

It's really a shame that while some players do make sales on Calypso the lack of sales on other wolds actually do cut into their profit and thus they're really not making money but losing it..

Another factor is that while people should mark prices at a fair price, the issue isn't about profit from one or two sales but rather the lost revenues for not closng the deals on other worlds.. Those who do actually do profit..and thus they come out ahead.. They're willing to make a market viable..

Let's use a simple example of a player who plays smart and is competitive..

Let's ay that Person A sets a gun at say 50 ped for a rifle, but they only have 1 rifle that they created..

Let's ay Person B was able to make or loot 10 guns and thusut them up on auction for say 57 ped..

now then.. Person A if they sell their gun makes just 50 ped..
But then if Person B sells even 2 guns, then they've made 94 ped.. but usually because of the fact that the prices are lower and thus cheaper to the players who wan t these guns, tthe sales move..

In short, it's sales that drive the market, not profit..

Finally there isthe fact taht those who do move items usually over estimate or overpirce their items on toher worlds.. On average with a transport (even with a minimum 5 ped for a warp jump.. The Market Valuue on another world should be from 5 to 9% onthe oppsoting world..

Example 2; Let's ay a person who goes to Arkadia puts their item at say 135% when the Market on Calypso is is 130.. This would be an acceptiabl e cost.. Even 9% is acceptable.. and this competition betweeen worlds would help move goods at a higher volute.. sure some itmss are being moved (and I might add safely and wisely and it's those people who clean up.. Those who sit down at twin and don't move, usually just over price everything, and then lose money for all the lost sales on place like Arkadia..

So really in the case of MA, while they have helped lower the cost of plaing for the new player and for some oof us low and mid level players, IT's the players themselves who stop the market with Over picing and the hope of gettingthe sales.. This is why I shop carefully for items I need on Arkadia.. and I can from fair and hoest traders usually give them their ped.. Those who oveprice usually get the scraps because a player who is depserate for a item usually pays the higher price..

Thus stagnating the market further..

andfinally MA has indeeed lowerd the cost for everyone to play.. New guns that are cheaper do exist on other planets.. They are not lootable in space and for a fiar pice they usally can be affordable..

IN closing MA has kept their promises to the playr At least on a number of items in their promises..

Yet it's the player I feel who is mucking up the works.. Not MA.. Once the players realize that they can get more sales by taking risks setting prices for fair accquisition, and allowing others to get into the game will thisgame become better and better. Until then, the sstatus quo is still the same..

And finally while People don't like the changes like the volatility of the mining, the fact is that people should just adapt to what isgiven them, and accept it with the gracious thanks that MA is doing something right..

Soyet i am in teh agreement.. MA has done thir job.. in just two updates.. and now it's up to the player who is willing to make sales that will be the winners until then, nothing will change.. End of story..

Benamin Ben Coyote
A.k.a "The Blind Sniper"

Your words are promising and they look good "BUT".....Historically all know that MA never offers anything for free besides if you do not select any avatar to be the game's hero right now to be like some kind of PR to the game.

Your entire text flows only of positivity everybody knows that life does not work this way there is always the other side of the coin, the only question is how it will look this time.

From 2006 until 2013, you have just solved all your problems by inserting a large amount nerfs a very simple solution that does not require any work at all, the negative effect was that the game got a bad reputation.

I see that your pattern has changed you have obviously made ​​changes how you should proceed but it is only a matter of time before we can see the pattern, but it is good that you started to look for new courses. question if it is enough save game's reputation.

Sir Valentin

:twocents:

Sorry ... I thought for a moment, the past you've talked about where micro transactions, if it is the same system that they known Indian micro loans that he who had created got a Nobel Prize....

Then it's bad because it has been shown in practice the loans had an opposite effect where it was supposed to work that the poor increased their debt burden very much due to these micro loans, so that means if MA has introduced this system, gambling become more expensive but it will appear smaller, so the game will in fact be more expensive with it will not be noticeable as before.:cool:

I don't see any increasing on that! It looks more the other way.

From MindArk's point-of-view, it could very well be true that average TT returns are higher. It just means the rich players are getting richer and the poor players have to deposit more.

Returns are not better than before they "fixed" them, for me at least.
OK, mining is less volatile, but I can't stand the boredom that it has created.
Crafting is the worst. I have never had such poor returns (I actually sold all my BP's this past week, due to the disgraceful returns - 117 consecutive fails on condition, never seen anything like it before. DISGUSTING!).

Mining in Space already exists and has been there since the beginning on Space.

You can mine only Lyst and Oil but still... do you MA even know what's going on inside your game?

Returns are not better than before they "fixed" them, for me at least.
OK, mining is less volatile, but I can't stand the boredom that it has created.
Crafting is the worst. I have never had such poor returns (I actually sold all my BP's this past week, due to the disgraceful returns - 117 consecutive fails on condition, never seen anything like it before. DISGUSTING!).

So you don't like it stable and think it's boring.
You also don't like it unstable because returns can be poor.

Suggestion remove the gambling mentality inside yourself and you'll be all the better for it.

Mining in Space already exists and has been there since the beginning on Space.

You can mine only Lyst and Oil but still... do you MA even know what's going on inside your game?

True but I suspect they meant a proper mining system in space. Currently you can't really mine properly anyway as you die from exposure and don't have time to dig up claims.

return is worse now not fun to lose big every time doesn't matter what I try hunting crafting mining the hofs is gone now its just lose lose lose :scratch2:

return is worse now not fun to lose big every time doesn't matter what I try hunting crafting mining the hofs is gone now its just lose lose lose :scratch2:

Oh, the reason is, they are in summer holidays, and just switched off everyone's luck to be sure they lost noting, and after the holidays, they have a nice stock to pay the cost of the castle.:)

so, it's soon to be a year since announced, are we at least half done with the given roadmap? :computer:

J.

im just curious, do we get on this year? :)

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2013[/h]

2013 ROADMAP
Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

Still waiting...

CLD Estate & Political Systems
Concept design of the Calypso Land Deed estate and political systems is already in full swing. While many of the core concepts are already in place, we believe it would be worthwhile to gain valuable feedback from the community on several proposed aspects of these new systems. Therefore, we will be contacting CLD holders with a survey early in the year to get their input. Once the design plans are finalized, actual development of the estate and political systems is scheduled to begin after the summer. We are very excited about the potential of the political system especially, and look forward to working together with the community to make it something truly amazing and unique in the computer game industry.
Still waiting for that survey "early in the year", and any other progress...

Space
In the State of the Universe Address 2012, we mentioned plans for expanding and improving space. Several other projects received higher priority in 2012, resulting in the plans for space development being pushed forward to mid-2013. The early focus will be on addressing several issues that currently allow for practically risk-free travel between planets. Space combat and weapons will also be adjusted to improve hunting space creatures and ship to ship PVP combat. Towards the end of the year, we hope to implement several completely new features to space, perhaps even space mining.

Originally Posted Here

Guess what the practically riskfree travel aka 'logging out for the flight and logging back in after arrival' just got 'addressed' in the wrong direction. Or what did the development team plan to happen when introducing armament devices that allow simultaneous usage of 10 or more turrets, while not providing some kind of 'shield'- device to counter them.
With the new firepower that has been added to ships in space, there is currently only one ship left that can survive such an attack of 10 gun turrets (1500+dps) longer then the time it takes to log out of game - on all other ships everyone is best advised to only travel offline.
And here was me thinking mindark actually wanted to do something to discourage bypassing the game systems by logging out :rolleyes:

Looking forward to see the space development happen now that 'mid 2013' has been reached.

Still waiting...

Taiming will be like beacon, everyone wants it until its there, than no one cares, for me they should focus on more important things as bugs, not to make a toy pet for a few people.

Taiming will be like beacon, everyone wants it until its there, than no one cares, for me they should focus on more important things as bugs, not to make a toy pet for a few people.

why not usable pets ? they could have colect loot as pills do now ...

i want my pets back ! years of skilling and waiting still for nothing ? oww come on :eyecrazy:

Sure would be nice if they did fix some bugs but I am betting they come out with an update to the avatar creation system this year and have 5 plans of redoing the menu graphics and fonts instead.

It really would be awesome if they actually fixed something instead of just changing the same thing every 8-10 months or kept adding new things to the game that just slowly kills economy and introduces new bugs.

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2013

Taming
Many of our more patient participants will be happy to hear that a completely redesigned taming system will be developed on paper in 2013. The new taming system will include many of the features from the pre-CryEngine system, along with many new and exciting features that will expand the utility of tamed creatures. Additionally, one of the upcoming new Entropia Universe planets will make extensive use of the new taming system as a core aspect of the planet’s theme.

Fixed that for bertha.

I think the Pet system is almost finished and ready for launch, probably with Planet Toulan. We have signs that they have developed a mobile application for it.

I think the Pet system is almost finished and ready for launch, probably with Planet Toulan. We have signs that they have developed a mobile application for it.

Care to share a bit more for those of us who are oblivious to the signs?

It's like waiting for a nr 17 bus - you wait and wait and wait and then 3 come along at the same time.......
So, we are going to get pets, a planet and a mobile application development at the same time, yes?

Care to share a bit more for those of us who are oblivious to the signs?

From the annual report 2012:
Note 8 Other intangible assets
Refers to the cost and amortization for MindArks and Entropia Universe web tools. The capitalization of
expenses for the mobil app called “The Pet App” is also included. "

Maybe it don't have anything to do with the "taming", but the name sounds a bit like it does.

It's like waiting for a nr 17 bus - you wait and wait and wait and then 3 come along at the same time.......
So, we are going to get pets, a planet and a mobile application development at the same time, yes?

MA don't do the development of the planets, that is done by the planet partners. So two different things, even if MA probably helps them with a lot of things.

Last edited:
the phone app will be like those old virtual pets in the 90's where you had to feed them and clean their dung.. except it wont work..

the phone app will be like those old virtual pets in the 90's where you had to feed them and clean their dung.. except it wont work..

Tamagotchi style, eh? Well, hmmm, yeah.....

About the programming ^^, I guess the PP can do design and mission stuff, but it then gets 'integrated' by MA as and when the platform can handle it (or maybe when the planet has 'grown enough to be allowed to have something!).
I guess some of Toulan's stuff is so tied to pets that those busses MUST be together... and the mobile app possibly too. It's still all or nothing though really.

Anyway... mission 2014 in my eyes is: whatever PPs pay MA for, or if no new PP forcing, then 'other stuff' that may attract a new partner at some time. That could be more space or finally the plots of land from clds expansion...

If that space-heavy PP has pulled out, then who knows when MA will get round to doing anything much there...

Back