State of the Universe Address 2016

But you can steal a GC.

Yeah, good luck getting in my house and finding my GC. Besides that, what will be stolen more likely, a fancy (or fancy looking) smartphone/tablet or an obscure smartcard for some game hardly anyone has heard of?

App is fine if that's what you want but they need to keep the old GC system too.

I'm another one who doesn't have a phone or tablet, and don't want to buy one regardless of the price.

Indeed, keep the GC system in parallel. It's not broken and cost effective. I rather pay for a replacement card every 10 years and a new reader every 5 years (actuals to date for me).

/Slupor

Yeah, good luck getting in my house and finding my GC. Besides that, what will be stolen more likely, a fancy (or fancy looking) smartphone/tablet or an obscure smartcard for some game hardly anyone has heard of?

/Slupor

Then your argument is invalid? If they stole the tablet and saw the app. Would they even have an idea what that app was? Sure google search it. I could also google search what a GC is.

I know what you mean, does this 10% also include all the explosive BP crafting and strong boxes being bought from the web shop?

I doubt the cycling of TT stuff via explosive BP crafting is actually contributing much to the game economy. Turnover, yes, but no output with significant value in other places of the economy. 10% growth means nothing.

I doubt the cycling of TT stuff via explosive BP crafting is actually contributing much to the game economy. Turnover, yes, but no output with significant value in other places of the economy. 10% growth means nothing.

lol you sound just like my DR. I know yer full of it, but can't explain why in a 20 minute window.

I thought I'd comment on yer sigi

We all bend over and take it like a man! Or we leave...

Speak for yourself mate.

Yes I'm having fun lol

Last edited:
And those client crashes that haven't been fixed remain as a ticket open and untouched until when? I have no day without the game closes itself several times without a message in any of my system logs and support is not able to provide any kind of information for weeks so I could maybe improve something on my side of the line.

App-Security is a paradoxum itself. Mobiles can be hacked, I can lose my Mobile (if I had one - I am using a old Nokia 6310i) but I have my GC always close to my computer!

Offer GoldCard AND an App-Solution would be greatly appreciated.
Also some more support on technical issues like connection losses. There must be some information available on MA side that can be communicated.

And those client crashes that haven't been fixed remain as a ticket open and untouched until when? I have no day without the game closes itself several times without a message in any of my system logs and support is not able to provide any kind of information for weeks so I could maybe improve something on my side of the line.

App-Security is a paradoxum itself. Mobiles can be hacked, I can lose my Mobile (if I had one - I am using a old Nokia 6310i) but I have my GC always close to my computer!

Offer GoldCard AND an App-Solution would be greatly appreciated.
Also some more support on technical issues like connection losses. There must be some information available on MA side that can be communicated.

This is why it's very important not to listen to things people tell you inside of EU, they aren't mean, or liars they is just like that. Just like RL :)

So in essence this tells nothing really good, just a lot of bull...
Expanding taming and buff system: the game was way more attractive when there were items that mattered, not stupid buffs, now every other person is running with a long line of them and the EU starts to resemble every other mmo where buffs and shit like that is key.
Space: yah right, how many years was taking care of it was promised?
Security: LOL. I think the meeting on that matter was like: "OK guys, we have work to do, but working on the meaningful stuff is sooo damn boring, let's do some nonsense to change security, then we'll be able to say that we worked hard for a whole god damn year on that shit and didn't have time to do the boring/needed stuff". Fucking why???
Compet: that's not even worth the time.

So to be short, nothing new, nothing good, just smoke and mirrors. Or maybe I don't see the big picture?

Disappointed ...

1) A lot of superlatives for "more of the same"
2) Promise to continue to work on systems which are already years late from the first announcement
3) Replacement or enhancement of stuff that works

CTRL-H ... 2016 ... 2017 in 1 year ?

Maybe I've been around to long already, I hope the newbies have the same fun as I did :)

Atami

replace gold card with app?
Really?

In the days where Luxury even luxury car owners are going back to mechanical locks, as all those wireless high tech keys have been made easier to break (with right tools ofcourse) than to break 20 years old steering wheel lock.

Make it additional security measure and not replacement.. I am not very fond of giving away my house key to virtual machine that opens it when i ask (or someone else who is smart enough asks for it) i want to stick it in the key hole, with a lock that has proven itself as being very reliable.

As i said earlier, i hate the idea of removing a gold card...but....

Someone said it earlier....with their new system and this app. If MA 'REQUIRED' every account to have to use a code from a phone app, then it would dramatically reduce the number of alts out there.

Yes i know you can simulate, virtual and all that. But it would get rid of 99% of the alts.

Just food for thought.

What if every account HAD to have either a GC or the app. I get to keep my top notch security and it would still help with alts.

OR am i being thick (with regards to alts?)?

Rgds

Ace

I want you to know that MindArk is committed to deliver on its promises, and to make Entropia Universe the most exciting and rewarding real-cash economy gaming experience available.

Best regards,
Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB

i hope so, and i'll expect a shipment of beer then soon... :beerchug:

As i said earlier, i hate the idea of removing a gold card...but....

Someone said it earlier....with their new system and this app. If MA 'REQUIRED' every account to have to use a code from a phone app, then it would dramatically reduce the number of alts out there.

Yes i know you can simulate, virtual and all that. But it would get rid of 99% of the alts.

Just food for thought.

What if every account HAD to have either a GC or the app. I get to keep my top notch security and it would still help with alts.

OR am i being thick (with regards to alts?)?

Rgds

Ace

In my opinion, the only alts removed through this method would be the ones which aren't doing any damage to the ingame processes/economy/playerbase.

Alts like mine which I use to test the newbie systems out, because my avatar is too high level. I basically never play it unless there's a new feature added or whatever. It was created in 2005, never bought anything on auc (I use "dead-drops" from my avatar to give it items).

Those who are abusing alts - using them as bots, to hide their name on auction trades (i.e. the recent load of CLD/AUD orders) - would in my opinion still be there, because if you're making $100/day on average ripping people off with CLDs, then you would definitely buy 5 cheap chinese smartphones for a couple hundred $ and install the "GC App" on all of them.

As far as I can tell though, if MA are using "dual layer", I think this will end up being additional protection. App -> GC -> U/Pword.

On the topic of 10% growth - even if this comes from Explosives/Strongboxes, it's still a good thing as it means MA's net revenue is increasing, which we all want to keep the game alive and allow them to invest in systems and staff to improve our experience.

In my opinion, the only alts removed through this method would be the ones which aren't doing any damage to the ingame processes/economy/playerbase.

Alts like mine which I use to test the newbie systems out, because my avatar is too high level. I basically never play it unless there's a new feature added or whatever. It was created in 2005, never bought anything on auc (I use "dead-drops" from my avatar to give it items).

Those who are abusing alts - using them as bots, to hide their name on auction trades (i.e. the recent load of CLD/AUD orders) - would in my opinion still be there, because if you're making $100/day on average ripping people off with CLDs, then you would definitely buy 5 cheap chinese smartphones for a couple hundred $ and install the "GC App" on all of them.

As far as I can tell though, if MA are using "dual layer", I think this will end up being additional protection. App -> GC -> U/Pword.

On the topic of 10% growth - even if this comes from Explosives/Strongboxes, it's still a good thing as it means MA's net revenue is increasing, which we all want to keep the game alive and allow them to invest in systems and staff to improve our experience.

GC + your PSW is already a dual layer system.

And if that 10% increase comes from explosives, it hit the economy hard and is continuously breaking the cycle when tt stuff is used instead of materials gathered by people, so is that worth it?

No wonder MA don't communicate much with the player base. Yes it's very vague, but I guess that's to cover their own arses when they don't deliver. There has been a lot problems with logging on with GC, but I don't of anyone who been hacked. Like many have said we should have both, especially as we don't know how safe the new app is.

Affiliate System

State of the Universe Address 2014
Affiliate System - An affiliate system is under development which will allow participants to earn PED by referring new Entropia Universe participants.

State of the Universe Address 2015
Affiliate System
Work is moving forward on the affiliate program mentioned in the State of the Universe Address 2014, though the expected release date has been revised to 2015 due to integration requirements with other planned projects.

What ever happened to this project? I know it's here and very active yet MA hasn't really been working on it. I know that I can't be the only one in EU that has a Affiliate Code other than PPs? The last email update I got from MA (yes email) about this project was that they were about to release it after they added a webpage to show the current status of one's earnings.

BTW anyone who has a new player wanting to start playing EU on Arkadia please PM me so I can give you my Affiliate link :) I would post it here but 711 will not allow it.

I'll post it here just to test the waters to see if 711 will now allow it:

Join Today! <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever happened to this project? I know it's here and very active yet MA hasn't really been working on it. I know that I can't be the only one in EU that has a Affiliate Code other than PPs?

Never heard about that outside of the address. Maybe you are a presidential candidate or something? :)

What ever happened to this project? I know it's here and very active yet MA hasn't really been working on it. I know that I can't be the only one in EU that has a Affiliate Code other than PPs? The last email update I got from MA (yes email) about this project was that they were about to release it after they added a webpage to show the current status of one's earnings.

BTW anyone who has a new player wanting to start playing EU on Arkadia please PM me so I can give you my Affiliate link :) I would post it here but 711 will not allow it.

I'll post it here just to test the waters to see if 711 will now allow it:

Join Today! <removed>

How you obtained a code?

Last edited by a moderator:
It think it's a bit ridiculous that some are worrying about the replacement of the GC, with an application based system. Done right it's at least as secure as the GC system. You are today entering the game with a number from the GC reader that you are manually entering. Why could that not be "hacked" to? Both are based on some algorithm that theoretically could be hacked or simulated.

The probably that someone will find your phone (someone that know what EU is), be able to access your phone, know the pin-code to the application to access it and also know your password to EU, is not high...... Finding a card and the card-reader (with no pin code) is even easier.

I can understand if people that don't have smartphones don't like it, or if the just think it easier with the GC system. But from a security point of view I can't see any problem at all compared to the GC system.

It think it's a bit ridiculous that some are worrying about the replacement of the GC, with an application based system. Done right it's at least as secure as the GC system. You are today entering the game with a number from the GC reader that you are manually entering. Why could that not be "hacked" to? Both are based on some algorithm that theoretically could be hacked or simulated.

The probably that someone will find your phone (someone that know what EU is), be able to access your phone, know the pin-code to the application to access it and also know your password to EU, is not high...... Finding a card and the card-reader (with no pin code) is even easier.

I can understand if people that don't have smartphones don't like it, or if the just think it easier with the GC system. But from a security point of view I can't see any problem at all compared to the GC system.

Yes, yes, some people do not have smartphones, because they do not like smartphones, and therefore never buy smartphones....

Yes, yes, some people do not have smartphones, because they do not like smartphones, and therefore never buy smartphones....

Then just use your gold card. Jesus fucking christ. How are 9 pages wasted on this shit.

Lets talk about something productive.

Never heard about that outside of the address. Maybe you are a presidential candidate or something? :)

I did give it a thought for a little bit. I think a bit longer than taco :)

How you obtained a code?

Late 2014 or so I sent in a support case to ask if I could get one. I was guessing the answer would be no, but when they replied asking what planet I would like to have the avatar start I had hope. Other than that I really have no idea how it works. I have been using the link on all my YouTube.

Also I'm not sharing this link with anyone as Monria is doing..this is my very own link which I'm guessing anyone could request one..or could have when it was a bit more active.

Last why no one really heard about this is that 711 kept on deleting my posts when I tried to talk about it.

Last edited:
I did give it a thought for a little bit. I think a bit longer than taco :)

Late 2014 or so I sent in a support case to ask if I could get one. I was guessing the answer would be no, but when they replied asking what planet I would like to have the avatar start I had hope. Other than that I really have no idea how it works. I have been using the link on all my YouTube.

Also I'm not sharing this link with anyone as Monria is doing..this is my very own link which I'm guessing anyone could request one..or could have when it was a bit more active.

Last why no one really heard about this is that 711 kept on deleting my posts when I tried to talk about it.

I am ignorant of Affiliate programs. Please explain the affiliate program. Is this somehow like multi-level marketing? Do you get peds for referring people to open account in PE, do you get a cut of their turnover somehow like a PP?

I am ignorant of Affiliate programs. Please explain the affiliate program. Is this somehow like multi-level marketing? Do you get peds for referring people to open account in PE, do you get a cut of their turnover somehow like a PP?

Yes, you get a cut of their total decay just like a PP. But it is anywhere not increased on planets.

Then just use your gold card. Jesus fucking christ. How are 9 pages wasted on this shit.

Lets talk about something productive.

I use my GC and would be happy to use it in future, and do not agree any exchange. This it all what I want to say to MA!

I use my GC and would be happy to use it in future, and do not agree any exchange. This it all what I want to say to MA!

Then just use your GC. Why is this still being discussed?

because mindark wrote they're gonna replace goldcard, didn't they!?!

Gradually replace it with the other option. AKA goldcards will be in use forever, they just wont be giving them away with free shipping anymore if you deposit 500 ped total. That is draining resources.

Back