State of the Universe Address 2017

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2017[/h]

[h=4]Greetings Entropians![/h]
Thank you for helping to make 2016 another great year for Entropia Universe. The combined efforts of MindArk, the planet partners and you, the community, have resulted in new accounts growing by nearly 12% and overall economic activity increasing by 5.3% during 2016.

Our continued efforts at improving the experience for new participants contributed to that growth, as did the support of community members and existing participants in welcoming and mentoring new Entropians. MindArk will continue to improve the experiences and resources available to newcomers, including in-game and video tutorials, educational missions, improving the mentor/disciple system and rewards, and additional support for community efforts aimed at new participants.

Since starting at MindArk in my first position as Technical Director, I have worked relentlessly on improving the performance and quality of the Entropia Universe experience. Since last year’s State of the Universe Address, MindArk has continued those efforts and I am proud to report that Entropia Universe has never been more capable or reliable in terms of client and server performance.

[h=4]2016 in Retrospect[/h]
During 2016, the content focus of MindArk and the planet partners was on missions, storylines and events. Our goal is for Entropia Universe to offer a variety of exciting and engaging gameplay, and social and entrepreneurial experiences for participants of all interests. We look forward to deepening and expanding the storylines and lore of Entropia Universe and Planet Calypso in the content planned for the coming year.

[URL="http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2016/10/06/New-Fort-Incursion-With-Lower-Difficulty-Level.xml"][/URL]
Dynamic Event at Fort Lahar, Planet Calypso

MindArk has also been working on new and improved platform systems that will provide more powerful tools for our planet partners to deploy engaging content for all participants. One such system released during 2016 is the Dynamic Event System, currently being tested on Calypso. This new system integrates event objectives and avatar participation with the existing mission tracker interface, and provides new tools for planet partners to create and manage more dynamic and engaging official events. Once that system is extended and refined, it will be made available to all planet partners in 2017.

MindArk released Entropia Pocket in 2016, a free mobile application for Android and iOS that integrates a two-factor authentication solution to provide comprehensive account security for all Entropia Universe participants.

[URL="https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/security/"][/URL]
Entropia Pocket 2-Factor Authentication

The Entropia Pocket app also provides real-time alerts about important events and news from within Entropia Universe. We plan to add additional features to Entropia Pocket moving forward, so be sure to get it installed on your mobile devices and keep up to date with the latest Entropia Universe news and developments.

We have also added support for additional character sets in the Entropia Universe client chat interface, allowing participants to communicate in Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Hindi and more.

[h=4]What Lies Ahead[/h]
Our immediate plans for 2017 include the recently announced Battle Simulator, a new platform-wide system geared toward short bursts of fast-paced gameplay. For more details about this exciting new addition to Entropia Universe, be sure to follow the Entropia Buzz page.

MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay, specifically ship balance and travel. Once those important balance issues are resolved, we look forward to implemented new and previously planned features, such as galactic transport.
The opportunities and potential of Virtual Reality (VR) is another area that really fascinates all of us here at MindArk, and we have made efforts during 2016 to explore ideas that may enhance the Entropia Universe experience for existing and future participants by leveraging recent advances in VR software and hardware technology.

[URL="http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/land-plots/"][/URL]

The Land Plot system will also see further development and expansion in 2017. A core aspect of the uniqueness of Entropia Universe is the opportunity for participants to invest in their avatar progression and holdings over time, and housing is an important part of that experience. We aim to progressively develop the housing system to foster the creation of vibrant and bustling cities and towns.

[h=4]Conclusion[/h]
Finally, speaking of investments, I would like to briefly discuss MindArk’s plans for ComPet. ComPet has been fully released on Android, and is planned for release on iOS and Steam within the next few months. As promised, we are also working on the integration between ComPet and Entropia Universe, offering an innovative cross-platform and cross-genre gaming experience.

That being said, Entropia Universe is the primary product and focus of MindArk, and will continue to be so. In developing ComPet as an alternative gaming experience, MindArk has added an offering to complement and promote Entropia Universe. This is an effort that MindArk would like to continue, expanding and complementing Entropia Universe with new projects and experiences, thereby creating interesting and exciting growth opportunities in the upcoming year and beyond.
Finally I would like to thank you all for making Entropia Universe into this fantastic Virtual Universe experience and look forward to seeing you in both ComPet and Entropia during 2017 and beyond!

Klas Moreau
Chief Executive Officer
MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

:scratch2::confused: interesting ...

Is it me or is this one of the shortest State of the Universe we have had .....

Very little in the way of accomplishments, Almost no mention of planet partners (except that they have not been able to use the same technology as Calypso due to testing).

Still no space update...

same thought as well
it was released just before lunch time...

We are going to need more cheese here. Something to pair up with this Pinot Noir pls.

Very little in the way of accomplishments, Almost no mention of planet partners (except that they have not been able to use the same technology as Calypso due to testing).

{DELETED UNNECESSARY QUOTE}

There, I marked the planet partners in the text as you seems to have missed it in the OP.

Maybe you didn't miss it, but was still unsatisfied regarding planet partners.

However, I spotted some things mentioned regarding planet partners(PP from now on) in the above text which was the following:

PP has with the help of the community and MA increased new accounts by nearly 12% and this has also increased the overall activity on PP's sides by around 5.3%

MA then continues by saying they will keep increasing the new player experience in order to make new Entropians stay. I believe this can not be done without the PPs, as the new arrivals would have no where to land except space. So that's another thing mentioned about PPs from MA's side.. .

2016 in retrospect:

THe event system at fort Lahar that we have seen the past year is a result of MA designing a new event system that will be implemented not just at calypso, but it can then be used by all PPs.

They just need to clear out the obvious bugs and make sure it all works before enrolling it throughout the universe... That's something affecting PPs again..

On top of this MA is also designing a battle simulator, hopefully released and fully functional in 2017. This I believe will be available for all PPs as this will be something that makes the game more attractive to a wider player base.

So basically, from what I have read... All MA has done is affecting, or will affect all PPs in the near future (2017)... What else would you have had wanted to read from MA regarding PP?

The way I read the OP is that MA has been doing a lot to increase the playerbase, adding new insteresting features that's been missing since the dawn of times in entropia (cheap, fast action pumped arcade style arenas) which should be available for all the PPs to use...

Every thing MA has done the past year, and what they plan to do regarding battlesim, housing, plots etc affects all PPs..

Also, size doesn't matter... (you mentioned this is the shortest state of the universe :D )
The only thing that matters is the way you deliver it. I'm talking about meter per second. :laugh:

I rather have a short state of the universe packed with interesting things like new battle simulators, housing, plans for cities to be built, events where all the Entropians can attend, even an mobile game has been released which will (hopefully) bring some new faces into the universe.. .. Basically all they mentioned looks great in my eyes.

I'm very happy with this post from MA, I'm happy regarding 2016, and I am looking forward to Mindark 2017 being as forward as they were 2016.

Way to go MA if you ask me :wtg:

Last edited by a moderator:
MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay, specifically ship balance and travel. Once those important balance issues are resolved, we look forward to implemented new and previously planned features, such as galactic transport.
Originally Posted Here

Lets hope that this is the 'primary development focus' promised for space last year and that the battle simulator wont take all 'focus' till autumn leading to everything getting shifted back again...close to 6 years and counting since we bought ships that still miss their 'sales features' as well as content to use them in.

MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay
Thank you, Sir. Getting across is the only issue I have. All the best.

Lets hope that this is the 'primary development focus' promised for space last year and that the battle simulator wont take all 'focus' till autumn leading to everything getting shifted back again...close to 6 years and counting since we bought ships that still miss their 'sales features' as well as content to use them in.

Yes, we need decay for all devices (Armament, Energy, SubWarp) used in the space ships. And maybe MA must implement movement decay for all vehicles. Very little, maybe smaller than today's for Rocktropia vehicles, but constantly. A constant vehicle exchange will help the economy. :laugh:

Also how about 50-70% of Nothingium or TT-nium, or Universalammonite, or Mullok, or Debris Dirt implementing in mining? This should work as Shrapnel and conversion rate should be 100:101.

MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay, specifically ship balance and travel.

Addressing issues affecting ship balance? I guess that process starts with rock and roll, and ends with heave. :laugh:

Sometime I wonder what goes on at MA. All these features that get added or developed which were not asked for and some didn't even want take priority over the massive amount of bugs and promised features that we are still waiting for. So now this battlesim thing is coming and MA is going to spend the rest of the year fixing whatever problems arise with that before tackling space.good job! NOT!

Thanks for the communication, I for one, would like to see this more often.

And VR .... that would be so awesome if you guys implement it, I'm not sure I would ever log off. Probably more along the lines of logging into reality occasionally. :)

So, super please to VR, with cherries on top and Swedish ski team members at MA offices.

Lets all be honest here - it says nothing !

You can spend hours interpreting every word as though they were tablets descended from heaven - but actually it says nothing. Usual MA - communication was never their best virtue.

Sometime I wonder what goes on at MA. All these features that get added or developed which were not asked for and some didn't even want take priority over the massive amount of bugs and promised features that we are still waiting for. So now this battlesim thing is coming and MA is going to spend the rest of the year fixing whatever problems arise with that before tackling space.good job! NOT!

Couldnt of said it better. Thank you MA for neglecting space yet again.

FUMA

So basically their priorities seem to be as follows:
1) Battle simulator
2) Improving newcomer experience e.g. video tutorials, in game guides, missions etc
3) Dynamic Event System
4) Land plot system

So I reckon they will manage to get something done with regards to points 1-3 this year.

Couldnt of said it better. Thank you MA for neglecting space yet again.

FUMA

Space will always get placed on the back burner because it is of little interest to planet partners. MA consult planet partners in devising their priorities and planet partners are always interested in other things than space.

Not much to instill a sense of excitement - new stuff in without finishing half implemented existing ideas.

Conclusion = ADD is real :yup:

Last edited:
I suppose growth is still growth, but damn.. only 5.6% increase in economic activity?

Big amp mining is cheaper, crafting is TT now, and even hunting has gotten noticeably easier to cycle more ped/hr with pills, reload buffs, etc..

I just feel 5.6% is a little underwhelming.

good news for today and for the future of this world:)! Great work!:dunce::yay::dunce:

MA , not impressed at all :(

In your state of the universe 2016 you stated

Space

Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:

Galactic transport & space missions.

Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2016/02/24/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2016.xml

"Later in the year" means later in the year 2016 does it not ?

So now we have :

Our immediate plans for 2017 include the recently announced Battle Simulator, a new platform-wide system geared toward short bursts of fast-paced gameplay. For more details about this exciting new addition to Entropia Universe, be sure to follow the Entropia Buzz page.

This was not mentioned in the 2016 state of the universe so you have now added this which will now divert your attention away from what you promised ( dont forget also Mothership owners who have been waiting 6 years for promised upgrades on their ships as well )

Space has a mention :

Lots of open words there , like "plans" , "Once" and "look foward"

So really what we have is the next VU end of this month where you will release this battle simulator thing then next VU will probably be June.

Why dont you at least be more open with us who love space and have sent you numerous support cases and advices on how it can be improved with some sort of decent timeframe information , stop slotting in stuff that is going to cause more bugs , fix the bugs that are already there and stop treating us like twats.

I suppose growth is still growth, but damn.. only 5.6% increase in economic activity?

Big amp mining is cheaper, crafting is TT now, and even hunting has gotten noticeably easier to cycle more ped/hr with pills, reload buffs, etc..

I just feel 5.6% is a little underwhelming.

More than the us in last 8 years. XD

1. How about getting Entropia on steam too instead of just compet?
2. As cutseypoo as vr is its not practical or wise to invest in it as the technology is still not in the hands of the vast majority of gamers.
3. Growth sounds nice but %'s can be very mislesding.5% of 50 is about 2. Where as 5% of 50000 is 2500. The former is hardly a result, more of a varience while the latter is something actually quantifiable.
4. I don't know, this state of the universe seems a little light on the details... Though maybe its light because they dropped all the typical empty promises.

1. How about getting Entropia on steam too instead of just compet?
2. As cutseypoo as vr is its not practical or wise to invest in it as the technology is still not in the hands of the vast majority of gamers.
3. Growth sounds nice but %'s can be very mislesding.5% of 50 is about 2. Where as 5% of 50000 is 2500. The former is hardly a result, more of a varience while the latter is something actually quantifiable.
4. I don't know, this state of the universe seems a little light on the details... Though maybe its light because they dropped all the typical empty promises.

Steam rejected monria attempt. They looked at it like a gambling game although technically it isnt.

MA , not impressed at all :(

Some of the space projects on our radar include ... [quote from 2016 not 2017]

Most of the comments so far are space-related. I still managed to lol again that MA managed to use the word 'radar', but not actually as meaning ship radar functions.
As commented, we did not ask for BS (whether or not Battle Simulator is meant by that), so why has that thrust its way into the vacuum that should be space development?
Do you have any figures for how many million peds are now saved up from auction transport revenue and waiting to be paid out for space transports as promised years ago?

I believe ONE of Ark's 50k space ships has now been sold, but it would not surprise me if it was bought up 'internally'. You promised changes to space vessels in 2016 already (Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.). Are you suggesting that copy+paste stats are a new ship class, or are there going to be properly new ships in their own right?

In other developments, yes I have a snug building on a land plot now - and a veggie box, but it would appear to be pretty useless. What is your criterion for thriving towns (at least one other gd on radar when you visit home)?

But finally, thanks for the communication with us, I suppose. The criticism is because we care!

Last edited:
Yay the annual we're gonna fix/change/update/balance Space message!
And i'm sure they really plan to do so until their ADHD kick in an...

Oh wait compet, plots, and BS! :laugh:

Steam rejected monria attempt. They looked at it like a gambling game although technically it isnt.

I'll never understand peoples logic... so with that same thought won't compet be seen as the same thing? :scratch2:

I find it funny though, blocked cause it looks like it could be considered gambling. Meanwhile, yet another person blows $15,000 on virtual power-ups in My Little Pony App Adventure (or similar tripe) without any hope of getting anything of value for that money and that's ok - yup, seems legit.

Back