Status report?

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

so where are we with space I am wondering this morning.

I see more motherships being auctioned off every day so am thinking there should be enough spaceships to go from A to B. Also, the thruster issue will be solved in the long run so that people can afford using them (so I would think).

Skippie stated somewhere that he has yet to see anyone in space (as it appears to be big) so not much chance of getting looted, BUT if pirates where to be about, they would wait at close to the landing zones (or whatever it is called).

Thirdly, what about the pilots possibility to kill people off during the flight, is that still apparent, has anyone been looted in space yet, are there news that I have missed?

I personally think that there should be a way (premium by all means) to safely get from A to B, no way anyone is ever going to risk 50k ped of storage if he/she wants to move to a different planet ...

Any information welcome :)

Angel

I've traveled 5-6 times to CND, 2 times to CP and 5 times to arkadia, and ONCE I've met another pilot in PVP, we didn't start to fight though, instead I got good company on my way to CND!

The fear about space is not realistic atm, it might be in the future, though I would never chance and take 50k peds of inventory value with me in PVP areas, either in space or on calypso...

Last edited:
as for moving 50k ped of stackables from planet to planet:

remember the old tiering system when items could be lost. some upgraders offered an insurance at a premium, so incase the second item got lost the customer gained compensation at market value or a new 2nd item.

serious pilots might offer insurances as well, however it's gonna be more complicated to calculate since factors are not only the probability of losing a fight and the premium a customer is willing to pay but also the chance of getting set a trap by a customer.

insured transporting thus needs either a group of mothership owners to cooperate and transport the goods by themselves and not the customer. that way only the (hopefully) trusted ms group knows which ship has the jackpot.

or maybe instead of moving high values via ms a fleet of say 20 small ships could be a safer option to reduce risk and loss (eighter by splitting the pot on 20 ships or just packing one passenger to the max and hide in a swarm of 20).

time will tell and i am sure skippie, deathifier and atami* is smart enough to come up with some quality service.

*sorry for other ms owners, not implying you're not smart, just had those 3 ms owners in mind :p

Back