Suggestion: Stealing useful features from other games to improve the universe

Corwin

Dominant
Corwin The Prince
Hey, i had plan to do this way long b4, but due to a lot of issues, i was not able to.

Ive been a while out of eu, but i never left, instead id like to bring back some features i think entropia community would benefit a lot from other games ive seen.

1: thirst and hunger bars
recently i came across a space game very well developed, probably in some ways more advanced than entropia, this game had water and food bars, and it made everything way more immersive. this will also allow more usage for fruits.

2: body loot and lootable pvp only.
i think that all the pvp areas should be lootable, including on player owned lands, and the lootables should not be limited to materials or resurces, but should include everything that have mu. If u die for any reason, u should not respawn with everything in ur bag, but instead u should head to ur corpse to recover the items, and ofc this corpse should be able to be looted by others if u die in a pvp area. Yes it will be very bad to be killed, but if done propelly this will make the game way more immersive, afaik there isnt any pvp atm and thats a huge gap. Ofc there is to consider the high cost of kits, but still, a game without being afraid to die can never get immersive. unlimited kits for example instead of being looted, could be turned to 0 tt value and needed to repair, while the actual lost tt minus a %fee could go in the looter hands in form of a resource.

3: interactive screens and cameras, as well as an integrated web browser ingame.
Imagine on being able to open youtube on ur ship panel while goin from caly to ark in ur quad, or search something on google while keep being immersed in the universe of entropia, or being able from a screen to select all the shop items from a list instead of looking at em 1by1 and check and compare mu, or actually watch a movie while laying down in the bed in ur apartment. This immersiveness should be found in every terminal, every panel, every screen or shop.

4: voip calls and nearby people talking.
no much to explain, but wat if i want to call someone instead of typing in a chat screen? maybe seeing his avatar face while talking. also maybe the option of talking to nearby strangers would be cool.

5: shops, apartments, ships and kit rental system
some stuff are very expensive, let everyone be able to use them. and who owns them to be able to get something back over theyre investment renting, or at least give em option to lend items in a safe way.

6: more ships and space renewal
Ok space is boring, and should be vast and boring, the bigger and the emptyer the more realistic it is, this said, the fun of space could be having more different ships, asteroid belts for mining, being maybe able to put furniture on ur ship as well as maybe selling ur items like mobile shops.

7: more fps combat options.
i understand that is easyer to make sure the player if shoot at nothing doesnt consume ammo, but its less realistic, and also limits a lot the combat options that can be given both in pve and pvp.

8: storyline with movie cuts.
nothing to add to the title, would be amazing having a story to follow. maybe a very short story that take place in space and connects to every planet own history.

9: more dynamic things.
everything should be more dynamic than it actually is.

10: crypto instead of ped? maybe not yet
despite all my searches i didnt found any other game where this system is actually working, they are failures or still in development phases. but didnt see any where this system is actually "healty"

11:better graphics
never stop working on making things more realistic

this is goin to be deleted by a moderator but to make more clear i would like entropia to have:
the space ships and combat system more like where starcitizen is goin.
the interactivity of alterverse more vr style
the pvp system more similar to ark, the feeling od being not safe wich pumps adrenaline but with proper ways to avoid it for people that have weak hearts especially due to the real money thing.
the housing and land system more like shroud of the avatar.
the fps gameplay of escape from tarkow
all this with a graphic and a gameplay speed that will make u forget ur playing a game.

Last edited:
one or 2 points are nice ideas tho....but if it ever gets to serious on your point 1+2 i guess some ppl will quit for sure...

one or 2 points are nice ideas tho....but if it ever gets to serious on your point 1+2 i guess some ppl will quit for sure...

people quit the same, for many reasons, at least we take theyre kits b4 they leave

in some games you can loot others when they die, but those are never real cash economies, where you would get stuff with actual value.
It's a difference for games like PUBG where you take a weapon from someone who got killed to use AT THAT ROUND ONLY, vs entropia where you can use something forever, or even sell it for real money

in some games you can loot others when they die, but those are never real cash economies, where you would get stuff with actual value.
It's a difference for games like PUBG where you take a weapon from someone who got killed to use AT THAT ROUND ONLY, vs entropia where you can use something forever, or even sell it for real money
Yea defnally entropia and pubg are 2 different games as long as pubg is not an mmorpg for 2 reasons: first its not a role playing game and second is not massive.
And yea entropia is the only rce game that exist, tho if u are nerdy enought u would know that there are gray markets almost in every mmorpg, so the real cash its just a legal way to withdraw, nothing else.
On ark official of i dont want to play a month in order to be able to do pvp the kit is goin to cost me 50 dollars at least, and u can lose everything in a minute.
But i understand ur opinion, or better i get where u were trying to go with ur post, and yes its a triky choice and i dont want to get misunderstood, the purpose of this posts is to discuss these features and see wich of these we want as community.
Atm the only thing that differs us to the rest is the rce, wat is the advantage that rce actually gives to this game? I think that using real money makes it only more real. So my opinion is that the way we should push developer thru is the virtual reality one

10: crypto instead of ped? maybe not yet
despite all my searches i didnt found any other game where this system is actually working, they are failures or still in development phases. but didnt see any where this system is actually "healty"

Why people keep bringing up Crypto thinking its some saving grace. Majority of the world doesn't use crypto in day to day things. It is more hassle for someone to get aquainted with it than to have the current system. Once it becomes more main stream and banks accept it, and you can trade from your bank account easily, sure work it in, but right now, people would leave if that was the main form of deposit and withdraw.

Yes i know all the die hard cyrpto kiddies out there will jump down my throat, but they need a reality check.

We already have PvP and lootable PvP zones for stackables.

Having gear be lootable would just not work though due to the shear cost of them. People have been murdered in real life over much lower value digital items.

I will quit EU at same moment when i will see bunch of features implemented/copyed from other games.
I play EU because its one of a kind. If i wanted it to be similar to other games, i would simply play thouse games instead.
RIP OP

I will quit EU at same moment when i will see bunch of features implemented/copyed from other games.
I play EU because its one of a kind. If i wanted it to be similar to other games, i would simply play thouse games instead.
RIP OP

I agree ;)

1: thirst and hunger bars
recently i came across a space game very well developed, probably in some ways more advanced than entropia, this game had water and food bars, and it made everything way more immersive. this will also allow more usage for fruits.
This seems doable, but basically, since everything costs money, you're simply putting a cost on simply being logged in. As the game is advertised as 'free to play' (sweating, fruit, etc) this would be quite cost prohibitive for a new player, unless the cost is very small. If you make it too small, it is almost pointless. If you make it incremental as you level, you're penalizing people just for skilling up.

2: body loot and lootable pvp only.
i think that all the pvp areas should be lootable, including on player owned lands, and the lootables should not be limited to materials or resurces, but should include everything that have mu. If u die for any reason, u should not respawn with everything in ur bag, but instead u should head to ur corpse to recover the items, and ofc this corpse should be able to be looted by others if u die in a pvp area. Yes it will be very bad to be killed, but if done propelly this will make the game way more immersive, afaik there isnt any pvp atm and thats a huge gap. Ofc there is to consider the high cost of kits, but still, a game without being afraid to die can never get immersive. unlimited kits for example instead of being looted, could be turned to 0 tt value and needed to repair, while the actual lost tt minus a %fee could go in the looter hands in form of a resource.
No, just no. I like to hunt on Amethera and PVP1 sometimes. There is no markup in these zones that would justify the risks of making them lootable. If you also make all markup items lootable like weapons and armor, even PVP4 would not be worth the risk to most players. I remember when Nea's Place was the sweating grounds for new players. A few VU's ago, a patch accidentally changed Nea's Place to PVP, and there was a resulting shit-storm of complaints by people getting PKed and the zone wasn't even lootable. And now you're suggesting to make it not only lootable, but also to make everything lootable? That will never be accepted by the community. You would also kill all activity on player-owned land areas. Also, 'loot your corpse before someone else does' will not work in EU. People like to hunt in high-risk areas, and that would force them to hunt in areas where they will never die, since no one in their right mind will want to risk the cost of their weapons/armor, which can commonly cost 100K ped or more, or probably nearing 1million ped for some players. In addition, this would bring out the worst vultures in the game who will have a new hobby, which will be to just hang around and watch you hunt and wait for you to die.

3: interactive screens and cameras, as well as an integrated web browser ingame.
Imagine on being able to open youtube on ur ship panel while goin from caly to ark in ur quad, or search something on google while keep being immersed in the universe of entropia, or being able from a screen to select all the shop items from a list instead of looking at em 1by1 and check and compare mu, or actually watch a movie while laying down in the bed in ur apartment. This immersiveness should be found in every terminal, every panel, every screen or shop.
I can tab out to watch a movie, or tab out to play another game while traveling. Some games have browsers built into the game, but those browsers usually suck. A mini-game might work, but you would be taking time that could be devoted to other things, like fixing some bugs that are long past due to be fixed.

4: voip calls and nearby people talking.
no much to explain, but wat if i want to call someone instead of typing in a chat screen? maybe seeing his avatar face while talking. also maybe the option of talking to nearby strangers would be cool.
We did have in-game voice chat and proximity chat. It usually resulted in some people blasting shitty music, or screaming, or just being a general nuisance. I've always permanently turned it off. If I want to chat with friends, I have TeamSpeak and Discord.

5: shops, apartments, ships and kit rental system
some stuff are very expensive, let everyone be able to use them. and who owns them to be able to get something back over theyre investment renting, or at least give em option to lend items in a safe way.
6: more ships and space renewal
Ok space is boring, and should be vast and boring, the bigger and the emptyer the more realistic it is, this said, the fun of space could be having more different ships, asteroid belts for mining, being maybe able to put furniture on ur ship as well as maybe selling ur items like mobile shops.
A rental system has been requested by many players for a long time, and also the expansion of space. You can probably find those discussions on some other wishlist threads.

7: more fps combat options.
i understand that is easyer to make sure the player if shoot at nothing doesnt consume ammo, but its less realistic, and also limits a lot the combat options that can be given both in pve and pvp.
Missed shots do consume ammo in PVP.

people quit the same, for many reasons, at least we take theyre kits b4 they leave

I would cash out and quit before risking everything in this unfair PVP system. If you want to push for something like this, you'd have to create an environment where the reward justifies the risks.

Last edited:
Why people keep bringing up Crypto thinking its some saving grace. Majority of the world doesn't use crypto in day to day things. It is more hassle for someone to get aquainted with it than to have the current system. Once it becomes more main stream and banks accept it, and you can trade from your bank account easily, sure work it in, but right now, people would leave if that was the main form of deposit and withdraw.

Yes i know all the die hard cyrpto kiddies out there will jump down my throat, but they need a reality check.

im not an expert on that, but while searching around ive seen some theories of economies that are just theory, but they being implemented right as we speak, i just hope we will not find ourself too far behind to catch up when time comes.

We already have PvP and lootable PvP zones for stackables.

Having gear be lootable would just not work though due to the shear cost of them. People have been murdered in real life over much lower value digital items.

true, kits can be very expensive, but im sure we can find some compromises to also satisfy that part of players that seek hardcore pvp, ofc it requires a complete overhaul of the combat systems, but if there is a problem there is a solution, if there not a solution by definition thats not a problem.

RIP OP

the only thing u should quit is the forum.

???

This seems doable, but basically, since everything costs money, you're simply putting a cost on simply being logged in. As the game is advertised as 'free to play' (sweating, fruit, etc) this would be quite cost prohibitive for a new player, unless the cost is very small. If you make it too small, it is almost pointless. If you make it incremental as you level, you're penalizing people just for skilling up.

i think if well balanced this could work, and also could open space to new professions like cooking, where food can also add small buffs? u can reset the food and water status to 100% upon death, and that should not harm the newbie, fruit can be gathered for free after all, maybe having people forced to hunt for fruits will raise more sweat price? who knows.

No, just no. I like to hunt on Amethera and PVP1 sometimes. There is no markup in these zones that would justify the risks of making them lootable. If you also make all markup items lootable like weapons and armor, even PVP4 would not be worth the risk to most players. I remember when Nea's Place was the sweating grounds for new players. A few VU's ago, a patch accidentally changed Nea's Place to PVP, and there was a resulting shit-storm of complaints by people getting PKed and the zone wasn't even lootable. And now you're suggesting to make it not only lootable, but also to make everything lootable? That will never be accepted by the community. You would also kill all activity on player owned land areas. Also, 'loot your corpse before someone else does' will not work in EU. People like to hunt in high risk areas, and that would force them to hunt in areas where they will never die, since no one in their right mind will want to risk the cost of their weapons/armor, which can commonly cost 100K ped or more.

im not saying u should risk to lose a 100k ped armor, im saying that if u get looted by another he could take the 10% of ur armor tt value, as long as ur in a lootable pvp area. but thats not just it, its a more complex tought i maybe failed to express, i want more involvement and more pvp ingame, in general but also a more complex and entertaining combat system, with better ai from mobs and way more challengin, as much as confortable it is, i dont like to play with my finger only of f key. if it was for me, i would make it like when u die u totally lose everything, no matter the value, but i understand thats not a duable way to go.

I can tab out to watch a movie, or tab out to play another game while traveling. Some games have browsers built into the game, but those browsers usually suck. A mini-game might work, but you would be taking time that could be devoted to other things, like fixing some bugs that are long past due to be fixed.

yea u can also have a second pc next to entropia so u can play other games at same time and watch as many movies u want. Or u can have everything in one game so when u receive a pm u wont miss it, have a more interactive game that have the potential to be.

We did have in-game voice chat and proximity chat. It usually resulted in some people blasting shitty music, or screaming, or just being a general nuisance. I've always permanently turned it off. If I want to chat with friends, I have TeamSpeak and Discord.

and u couldnt mute the people who was using it unpropelly?

A rental system has been requested by many players for a long time, and also the expansion of space. You can probably find those discussions on some other wishlist threads.
yes and i read all of them but still i find it a very important topic that needs to be resumed in every discussion

Missed shots do consume ammo in PVP.
yeah but pvp its not good at all on eu. so nobody is missing those shots.

Back