Stickynote - open for service

Pirx Danford

Elite
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Pirx Danford
Hi all,

some of you have used the helpful tools Carebear provided to us at entropiatools and came to get used to them.

But now ET is down and Carebear has gone MIA, so instead of moaning about it I decided that this is a challenge to me. We have the technology!

Visit http://stickynote.info - you do not need to register to use it.

The first mission is to provide you with the tools that are lost with ET being down.

For now I finished a first test version of the inventory calculator and it will tell you the peauction and entropiabay MU values together with a TT summary of course.

Please tell me which tools you would want to have back next and I will try and see what I can do.
Also there are bound to be bugs, so feel free to PM me or put a description of them in here.

Mission Completion Overview
  • get an overview of all tools that were on entropiatools - finished
  • inventory calculator - beta version live
  • inventory comparison - n/a
  • skill calculator (manual) - n/a
  • skill calculator (CSV) - n/a
  • skill calculator (entropedia) - n/a
  • skill chip estimation - just copy&paste from the old data
  • weapon comparison - n/a (will be next)
  • mining points - n/a (does anyone need this?)

The list above will be updated accordingly.
If anyone wants to reminisce you can find archived informations of the entropiatools here:
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20090306084049/http://www.entropiatools.com/

My progress in this will be depending on collecting a huge amount of informations and in this I will be dependent from all of you in the community.

A huge thank you to Dr.D.C. for providing entropiabay.com and also a huge thank you to peauction.com, without their data no MU information would be visible and this would just be another spreadsheet replacement.

I look forward to getting the mission accomplished.

Good luck everyone :)

REQUEST FOR HELP:
A result page of this here http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20090227032910/http://www.entropiatools.com/avgdmgpec.php filled with some weapon results, preferrably more than one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tool!

I would like the weapon tool next.

- Completed the overview of the old tools
- Fixed a bug with calculating the entropiabay summary
- Entropiabay data will now refresh every 4 hours
- Peauction data will be refreshed once daily
- Swarbled some gnurls

great job Dan, thanks a lot!

weapon comparsion tool is what i miss most

In order to avoid the "EntropiaTools" issue in the future (site down or owner gone), is it possible to have these tools integrated within Entropedia? :)

well, also entropedia can be one down down......

In order to avoid the "EntropiaTools" issue in the future (site down or owner gone), is it possible to have these tools integrated within Entropedia? :)

My goal is to have a website that is offering a service in a quality that people are willing to support it.
I expect to achieve that because 1) my server does not cost much so I don't need huge donations and 2) I might just be good enough as coder so people will enjoy what I have to offer.
Should I fail to get enough support then I will take care that at least one other site gets the relevant parts of the code, to have it set up, before I shut down the site.

But first let me try if I might be able to offer a service that people will enjoy enough to give it a little support to :)

I'll vote for the weapon comparison tool too - it was immensely helpful in guiding your weapon path and best solutions for each level

Thank you for all your hard work. Yeah weapons tool is the one I miss the most too.

Hotei

Weapon Compare Vote

I would love to see that next as well

James

I would love the weapon compare back, I found it very useful, and a great way to kill time at work.

sorry
but what the difference between the entropedia and the weapon compare of entropia tools????
i mean this last one used the info from entropedia as well right?

sorry
but what the difference between the entropedia and the weapon compare of entropia tools????

only difference is that entropedia is blocked at work, while entropia tools worked fine :) .

other's have told me that entropia tools was easier to use than entropedia too, but personally I don't think either was better than the other.

sorry

Well for starters it will be on a different website with its own database.
So it will be available even when entropedia is down.
Also I will try to make it easy to use and understand, which in turn might result in the entropedia one to be improved.
Those are fighting words - I know - lets see if I am only full of smoke or if I can get it done ;)

sorry

the main difference was _usability_.

the UI of the weapon compare tool was excellent.

the UI of entropedia for that particular funtionality (not to blame on the admin/developer, but on the wiki model itself, and its constraints), is far from the convenience of the entropiatools' weapon compare tool, in my opinion.

sorry

The difference is in the interface and what you can compare how. One use of the weapon compare tool was to find out the eco of partial TT weapons at a specified markup, possibly paired to an amp. Another use is comparing the same or similar weapons with different amps. An interface where you explicitly add weapons and specify details has its advantages over one where you have to filter out.

OTOH, it lacked support for enhancers, and its mf part was not really updated to the new chips.

But I'd really like to have both styles be available.

liked the weapon compare most :(

i am currently calculating that stuff myself with different markup etc.

in case you want my excel sheet or so let me know, although it isn't that special
very easy formulas

I like the inventory tool, thank you.

Again ty for all the effort, its really nice someone steps up and make these thigns available again to the public :)

the main difference was _usability_.

the UI of the weapon compare tool was excellent.

the UI of entropedia for that particular funtionality (not to blame on the admin/developer, but on the wiki model itself, and its constraints), is far from the convenience of the entropiatools' weapon compare tool, in my opinion.

if i well remeber did you wrote a post about this tool, and you said that in effect also the result between entropiatool and entropedia were diffirent cause entropiatool calculated.......... i non remeber what....... ??????

if was not you sorry dude..... i have just this souvenir...so much EF reading probably

thank you pirx I was going crazy, as I use the inventory calculator often. I always like to make sure I am keeping in the green.

if i well remeber did you wrote a post about this tool, and you said that in effect also the result between entropiatool and entropedia were diffirent cause entropiatool calculated.......... i non remeber what....... ??????

if was not you sorry dude..... i have just this souvenir...so much EF reading probably

The algorithms being different doesn't matter for comparing weapons, which was what the site was about.

why not color line depending on MU ?
for exemple
0 to +20 light red
20 to 50 medium red
50 to 100 red
100 to 500 light green and so on

i would also like a thread maker system.
You just put check box in front of item , and then press button to get a whole code for make a selling thread , item name linked to wiki , and the to MU liked to pebay and peauction

You have bug for skill price on entropiabay , it show TT+ when it should be %
same problem on both site for L BP

Last edited:
ty for inventory calc :)

can I have some small request? on EntropiaTools InvCalc there was some checkboxes ie. BPs, Estates (http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20090227042812/http://www.entropiatools.com/invcalcpage.php) which allowed to not count that items, cause BPs markups are not valid for most cases and it falsifies results with MU :) I would be very thankfull for that small improvement :)

Instead of offering checkboxes I decided to break down the auction data into categories directly.
Later on when I store the item types in another way I will add more categories :)

why not color line depending on MU ?
for exemple
0 to +20 light red
20 to 50 medium red
50 to 100 red
100 to 500 light green and so on

i would also like a thread maker system.
You just put check box in front of item , and then press button to get a whole code for make a selling thread , item name linked to wiki , and the to MU liked to pebay and peauction

You have bug for skill price on entropiabay , it show TT+ when it should be %
same problem on both site for L BP

The first suggestion I believe was implemented in the entropiatools already.
So I will implement it, but maybe in a different way.

The second suggestion is a nice one and I will very probably include it when the main goal of having all tools back is reached.

For the bug, can you please submit an affected inventory line to me in this fashion (with the code tags)?
Code:
1	A&P Series Brave Mentor Edition	1	23.00 PED	STORAGE (Calypso)

PM it if it should not be public :)

- Beautified the top menu bar
- Added the sticky management for the public
- Split the result display into three tables
- Show auction results in a category table with broken down summary
- Backend work: counter for how often an item is searched (allows me to focus on fixing items that are searched often first)

Instead of offering checkboxes I decided to break down the auction data into categories directly.
Later on when I store the item types in another way I will add more categories :)

also good solution :) ty vm, keed doing good job :cool:

On the this tool side, i hope the webmaster is not exchanging mv with the trend value......

PM sent. Your xml element names were pretty self explanatory so no worries I did not use trends for anything ;)

Well by my PM you should now know why the display gets confused and I am very confident we can work out a solution.

Back