Stop fooling around!

Anna Ivanhoe

Provider
Society
Incoming Legends
Anna AI Ivanhoe
Hello Dev's - if you ever read these posts ...

Now that Calypso has changed owners (yeah, it was a while ago) I really hope that you won't make the same mistakes as Mindark did: Implementing new features and let the old, bugged and incomplete features be.

I really, really hope that you will start focusing on the things that are not acceptable on Calypso BEFORE starting to think about new features to give us, and then forget as they fail...
For example - Empty shops/appartments, action bars that pop up as you drag items, voices and mouth movement, abandoned banks, hangars, pets, and much more that has been forgotten!

PLEASE; focus on bringing old, promissed features back and please do fix what's bugged or incomplete... We don't need another company promissing us everything and giving us half of it, I'd rather have the opposite :wise:

:silly2: !!!Bring back BLOOD & UMBRA'S!!! :silly2:

Reactions: das
New owners? I thought Calypso was back in Mindark control after SDS deal fell through?

Really? I have no idea tbh :D just another thing that could be FIXED :laugh:

A lot of those problems are still Mindark's responsibility, not the planet partner's.... shops & banks are for sure the PP's responsibility, I'm not sure about hangars (not knowing what's holding them up, if it's a platform issue or a PP issue).

Now that Calypso has changed owners

Calypso is now developed by AR Universe which, afaik, is owned by MindArk.

Empty shops/appartments,

What do you want them to do, force the owners to use them? :silly2: they already removed the monthly fee which I assume was partially to encourage more use of estates :dunno:

abandoned banks

As above :) though I dont know, perhaps something in the bank owner contracts would let them "force" the owners to actually update and use the banks...

hangars, pets, and much more that has been forgotten!

Those are MindArk systems, AR Universe (Calypso devs) are a Planet Partner.

:silly2: !!!Bring back BLOOD & UMBRA'S!!! :silly2:

Also MindArk stuff (umbranoids needs some code for randomization of looks I think, maybe they are waiting until after the avatar system remake?)

I really, really hope that you will start focusing on the things that are not acceptable on Calypso BEFORE starting to think about new features to give us, and then forget as they fail...
For example - Empty shops/appartments, action bars that pop up as you drag items, voices and mouth movement, abandoned banks, hangars, pets, and much more that has been forgotten!

Note: there's a lot more to why this is but still..

And MA, please focus on the old items as stated. You need to stop and ask what made the game great just a few years ago? Why did you have so many players playing the game? As you are trying to figure this out, please stop again and THINK!!?! WHY?

Maybe if you brought the old game back you may get more back. Maybe, just maybe the old game WAS a great game and that you should focus on bring these features back? Stop trying to give us new features when you are hoping we will like and stop and just bring back the known features we loved.

AGAIN STOP and THINK! And I hope you aren't reading this thinking that 'well we got this great idea...' NO! please don't be stupid here. It's not the players who kill the game, it's the developers.

Right now the game is a big joke. A lot are just playing it for the fun of it knowing they will loose big now..but it will not last much longer. You have a big time bomb here...only you can fix it.

Calypso is now developed by AR Universe which, afaik, is owned by MindArk.

What do you want them to do, force the owners to use them? :silly2: they already removed the monthly fee which I assume was partially to encourage more use of estates :dunno:

As above :) though I dont know, perhaps something in the bank owner contracts would let them "force" the owners to actually update and use the banks...

Also MindArk stuff (umbranoids needs some code for randomization of looks I think, maybe they are waiting until after the avatar system remake?)

Wow! do you have answer for EVeRYTHING to defend MA?? ... Seriously, how much they pay you? ... Or do you actually work for them?:scratch2: ... Come on no one will seriously go through every post against MA and defend them blindly without a reason ... Tell us all ... Lol

How about allowing there be owners in all those shops as many were never sold yet... a promise from 2007 (way before other planets and the shops on them ever existed, way before CLDs were dreamed up, way before an entire new continent with shops was added at Medusa Head) that still has not been kept... Kinda hard to have a blossoming economic market in some of the cities in Calypso when the developers purposefully left a ton of them empty without any participant owners.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. I have been informed that these shops are not owned by any participant, however I have forwarded your comments about how this is affecting the estates around to the design team for their evaluation. Thank you for your help improving Planet Calypso!

Please note that at regular intervals MindArk has offered new Estate Deeds for shops and departments via the Auction system.

We hope you have a great time in Entropia Universe!

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

Post 221
Will there be more shops available at places like Genesis, Omegaton, Sakura?
Submitted by Violet

Yes.

Last edited:
How about allowing there be owners in all those shops as many were never sold yet... a promise from 2007 (way before other planets and the shops on them ever existed, way before CLDs were dreamed up, way before an entire new continent with shops was added at Medusa Head) that still has not been kept... Kinda hard to have a blossoming economic market in some of the cities in Calypso when the developers purposefully left a ton of them empty without any participant owners.

I hear you here, but do you have another video not in this area? Not siding with MA here, but since we do have bad lang here, maybe that's why they haven't opened these shops up?

Wow! do you have answer for EVeRYTHING to defend MA?? ... Seriously, how much they pay you? ... Or do you actually work for them?:scratch2: ... Come on no one will seriously go through every post against MA and defend them blindly without a reason ... Tell us all ... Lol

No, he has the answers to all the above points. Its quite clear how ignorant you are by saying he is defending MA. At no point does he defend MA in his post. He only points out that some of these issues are an MA issue, not a planet partner issue as was suggested in the OP. The other points have nothing to do with PP/MA there are many shops owned by players that aren't even used. You can't force someone to operate their shop. Since many shops are left empty would suggest there being no need for more shops to be made available.

Dude, learn to read. Where was he actually defending MA?
And agreed to Nighthawks point, not a lot can be done by PPs. In fact I wouldn't like to be a PP as they have to compete with MA on their platform and with their planet (and with events of MA happening on one planet, guess whoes).

What was the use of apartments, this was just a status our storage facility. The game is no second life..?
Why would Crone get a shop as long as he has auction and that way reaches more players?
Weren't pets mainly used for advertisement? Even Crone has a chopper.

Why would Crone like those old systems back?

IMO

Apartments and shops are dead because simply apartments have no purpose apart from storage and you can not customise them as you could a real home and the furniture serves no purpose. There is no actual advantage to having one unless you have lots of stuff.

Shops are dead in most locations because they are poorley laid out and the cities are all the same. There is no purpose to have to go to another city and it is to easy to travel to any place you want to go.
The most populated cities are PA and Twin Peaks, the former because everybody starts there and the latter because everybody knows it as a trading hub.

Why would you need to go to emerald lakes or Sekura City? unlikely for resources or to craft a specififc thing.

There are levels of complexity in the game that are now and I suspect will always be missing.

I think it is daft that a crafting machine can craft anything and they are found everywhere. I think it is also daft that shops can sell every type of item in game.

:)

Going by that statement no company has to worry about their customers being fucked over if they can just pass the buck? You treat your customers with respect and if they are being seriously fucked over you go into bat for them and you get stuck in you dont forever say "oh that's a Mindark system, not our fault we dont know anything or have any details" (especially when your probably in the same bloody building)

I talk from experience being a Tamer, this Kim and Bjorn from Calypso|MA can spend time gz ing people and answering crap questions and posting pics of a gateway redo redo that they are still bloody redoing but can't be arsed taking the time to answer the tamers in their thread with a simple reply, so they obviously can't be arsed finding out what is going on for their own customers but would rather pass the buck and shit on us tamers.

I was always looking to the future in the hope that things picked up and got better but im losing interest rapidly, especially when a lvl 54 profession of mine has been missing for 3 years without ever once some decent information given to us or some kind of apology.

Instead they consistently lied and said it was being worked on, it was comign next quarter, then next year, then next whatever and last was oh it's coming 2012 unless unforseen circumstances change that... they are liars, even Hanna stated it would be out before the end of december of 2011 i even asked her to state exactly what she was saying so i can point to it when they fail again to bring it and yes what a suprise they failed again.

Piss weak effort on both the Planet Partners side for not demanding news and progress reports for their paying customers and MA's side for thinking they don't have to bother about us.

regards
Butch Carisbrook
Disgruntled Tamer but most of all a paying Calypso customer.

What was the use of apartments, this was just a status our storage facility. The game is no second life..?
Why would Crone get a shop as long as he has auction and that way reaches more players?

Maybe it isn't all about Crone :)

I fully agree. The lack of functions to apartments, shops and banks just make them look annoying. And now, when some people are reaching the end of storage limit, what's Mindark is going to do. I just hope it has something to do with apartments. I don't even understand why Mindark were planning to develop building these apartments as part of the CLD sale, as they don't have any function to them.

And, I fully agree the lack of responsibility what Butch was talking about.

Going by that statement no company has to worry about their customers being fucked over if they can just pass the buck? You treat your customers with respect and if they are being seriously fucked over you go into bat for them and you get stuck in you dont forever say "oh that's a Mindark system, not our fault we dont know anything or have any details" (especially when your probably in the same bloody building)

No, but then again you don't know what Calypso (and other PPs) are saying to MA about Taming (maybe they are nagging them to finish it?)...

The point is quite simply that it is MA developing the Taming system, not the PPs (AR Universe/Calypso being one of them). I am not sure there is all that much they can do influence the development, and the info they can (and have) give to the players is only what they in turn get from MA :dunno:

No, but then again you don't know what Calypso (and other PPs) are saying to MA about Taming (maybe they are nagging them to finish it?)...

The point is quite simply that it is MA developing the Taming system, not the PPs (AR Universe/Calypso being one of them). I am not sure there is all that much they can do influence the development, and the info they can (and have) give to the players is only what they in turn get from MA :dunno:

If you aren't sure and don't know what they can do or can't do or are doing why even reply :) I can go by the fact i have no taming profession for 3 years and no apology from anyone and no replies to questions, that to me speaks volumes on what they have, are and havent done.

That doesnt even take into account stage 2 which was promised for years before cryengine2 update.

I think, it's PP's content (mobs, etc.) which is missing from implementing the taming back. If it's still MA's part which isn't finished. It would be about the time to finish it. But as I don't see PP's commenting on this, I think it's their content what's missing, as it was in treasure hunting with Arkadia.

I think, it's PP's content (mobs, etc.) which is missing from implementing the taming back. If it's still MA's part which isn't finished. It would be about the time to finish it. But as I don't see PP's commenting on this, I think it's their content what's missing, as it was in treasure hunting with Arkadia.

Nope, I am 99% sure that the Calypso part of taming is not done as we have seen no updates about the taming profession in the game (also, no currently existing pet deeds have started to work again afaik). When MA finished treasure hunting, we had a big "Treasure Hunting" button in finders right after

Nope, I am 99% sure that the Calypso part of taming is not done as we have seen no updates about the taming profession in the game (also, no currently existing pet deeds have started to work again afaik). When MA finished treasure hunting, we had a big "Treasure Hunting" button in finders right after

I think, it's part of their goal to publish taming in one big patch to every planet, so there wouldn't be talks about favoring Calypso over other PPs.

I think, it's part of their goal to publish taming in one big patch to every planet, so there wouldn't be talks about favoring Calypso over other PPs.

tamed vixens on Rocktropia... bring out the whips and chains.

I doubt they'll allow it, but you never know since the mob ai is based on an creature, not a 'mutant' based on what I've read about em. Maybe after it's tamed it'll be renamed to shrew?

Last edited:
Maybe it isn't all about Crone :)

If it was all about Crone, then why would Crone still talk about Crone? Everyone would then talk about Crone. Crone rather keeps it like it is now.

But seriously, if there is no future in taming, Crone is impressed by your skills, what would it be for? Now, if that pet atrox would join the fight, then it's different, ofcourse.

IMO

Apartments and shops are dead because simply apartments have no purpose apart from storage and you can not customise them as you could a real home and the furniture serves no purpose. There is no actual advantage to having one unless you have lots of stuff.

Shops are dead in most locations because they are poorley laid out and the cities are all the same. There is no purpose to have to go to another city and it is to easy to travel to any place you want to go.
The most populated cities are PA and Twin Peaks, the former because everybody starts there and the latter because everybody knows it as a trading hub.

Why would you need to go to emerald lakes or Sekura City? unlikely for resources or to craft a specififc thing.

There are levels of complexity in the game that are now and I suspect will always be missing.

I think it is daft that a crafting machine can craft anything and they are found everywhere. I think it is also daft that shops can sell every type of item in game.

:)

I'll see your bid of 1 common sense and raise it another: it is daft that there exist shops on a planet where everything can be sold and bought instantaneously by anyone from anywhere for a nominal fee. The lack of barriers to travel and lack of distinguishing attributes for different areas is a serious issue in EU, particularly for the economy. MA has finally started to address this at the planetary level by segregating planetary economies (deliberately disabling inter-planet auctions, making space lootable PvP, making resources specific to planets), so they aren't completely ignorant of this issue... but, they really screwed up by not realizing it on a regional level.

Anyway it's not something that can be changed at this point in the RIGHT direction (that would require taking out/changing TP system, making vehicles expensive, etc.), but I do think they ought to at least go the other direction and give shops a globally-accessible directory from which items can be bought, maybe even as an entry in auction so it shows up in searches. That would at least put things on equal footing.

Edit: Agree that taming isn't yet implemented by MA. If it were, they would say so. This isn't something that can be blamed on the PPs.

There are a couple of points really, one being that as a customer why should butch or any other tamer care if its MA or SDS or FPC or AR Universe or whatever label they chose to stick on the product this week, they spent a considerable amount of time and presumably also real money skilling and taming has been gone for years and except of a few empty promises butch and others are in the some position they were years ago.
The other point is it just looks really really bad, and not just to tamers, how can anyone have any confidence in the system this way?
In the end MA owned calypso when taming broke, MA owns calypso now, the caly team still shares the same offices with MA? :)

I agree with FallenAngel.

The "ping-pong" game between AR Universe and MindArk is a bit ridiculous.

Discussing who exactly is in charge of the taming system is just pointless. This is not our problem.

We want taming to be back. That's all.

as a customer why should butch or any other tamer care if its MA or SDS or FPC or AR Universe or whatever label they chose to stick on the product this week

The "ping-pong" game between AR Universe and MindArk is a bit ridiculous.

Maybe, but the issue still remains:

AR Universe is a Planet Partner. You wouldn't go to the Arkadia team, the Cyrene team or to NDS to complain about taming or other MindArk issues being late or bad, would you? They are planet partners and they may tell MindArk about your concerns (and they probably do), but I don't think ARU can give better answers than NDS or any other PP about things they are not involved in the development of (except design when the system is finally done)

I can understand Butch and other tamers becoming rather frustrated by the time their profession has been gone, but am i right saying it's the last of old systems to be returned? Maybe i am wrong but taming i guess is a lot of modelling for riding pets etc, all mobs able tp be tamed will need riding mesh/setup graphically.

Maybe this has been main cause for delay perhaps?:scratch2:

Oh and the pass the buck thing between pp's and Ma does at times feel kinda silly, just frustrating sometimes when after an answer to something.

I can understand Butch and other tamers becoming rather frustrated by the time their profession has been gone, but am i right saying it's the last of old systems to be returned? Maybe i am wrong but taming i guess is a lot of modelling for riding pets etc, all mobs able tp be tamed will need riding mesh/setup graphically.

Maybe this has been main cause for delay perhaps?:scratch2:

Oh and the pass the buck thing between pp's and Ma does at times feel kinda silly, just frustrating sometimes when after an answer to something.

I agree that, to "complete it", taming will require more work than most of the old systems. After all, the rest of the systems were "complete" before CE2. Changing the decay of implants and adding a few (L) chips is not on the same level as designing a brand new mode of transportation and/or combat and/or competition.

But, they can say "we're working on taming, here are some things we have done, but we have a lot left to do". Or even, "we're working on taming". They haven't done either, while we do receive updates on what's being worked on now and then (at least on PP level from Kim, who's a quasi-MA employee anyway) for everything else...

It's just the complete lack of apparent concern and/or regard for this profession by MA that's frustrating.

Back