Suggestion: Stop the Gorgon spam!

Agreed. Gorgon is very likely the LEAST rare armour now.

Its too much

agree with this... maybe the rare fangs etc for the upgrades are ok but the armor pieces themselves are too much spam n not rare at all

Very annoying indeed!

The devs are aware of it, the annoying part is the basic pieces are rare hofs but the adjusted parts etc are not. Hopefully this will be changed :)

Yes to this. REMOVE PLS

They're not rare, true, but I care for one. They thus get tracked by tracker and you can see who is running gorgs, how many are dropping in relation to fangs and when etc. It is a valuable informational tool for just how bad the balancing is, for example, between them and the fangs.
Or maybe the less we know the better?
I vote for a searchable database incorporated into EU of all item drops (instead of 3rd party tool), or simply a tick box to turn this info on/off individually, not a blanket removal of the information!

Ah yeah! I couldnt agree more. Hate that spam!

They're not rare, true, but I care for one. They thus get tracked by tracker and you can see who is running gorgs, how many are dropping in relation to fangs and when etc. It is a valuable informational tool for just how bad the balancing is, for example, between them and the fangs.
Or maybe the less we know the better?
I vote for a searchable database incorporated into EU of all item drops (instead of 3rd party tool), or simply a tick box to turn this info on/off individually, not a blanket removal of the information!
This. It is inconsistent that, out of all, some who passionately keep emphasizing that knowledge is power in this game, call for removing a source of valuable information out of a minor nuisance. Those who called for the removal of Explosive Projectiles from the global/hof ticker in earlier threads have a much better point because this is about as meaningless as it gets.

Developers must feel the same kind of nuisance about this type of requests, though. There are inevitably opposing fractions, and/or once you start complying, the demands will never end. It would not be difficult and maybe smarter for example to implement a text field in options where you can enter a few keywords and have the ticker filter out what contains these keywords. Every player could silence his/her own bugbears this way. MA could gather from the most popular choices what most choose to ignore.

Don't remove, but add a filter to not get any non planet (you are on) as rare perhaps. Or more variables with the filter

I'm in favour of removing some of the unnecessary :spam: in chat.

The best way for it to be done may be obtained via consultation between our Community Manager and the playerbase.

I agree it is annoying , but I also believe tracking the information is of greater importance than the annoyance.

As others have suggested above , a filter would be the best option.

I agree it is annoying , but I also believe tracking the information is of greater importance than the annoyance.

As others have suggested above , a filter would be the best option.

There is absolutely no value in tracking this information. Anyone with even a semi-analytical mind knew within a few days of the discoveries that the armour parts were far more common than the fangs, and after that it became entirely redundant.

If anything, it makes it harder to track genuinely useful information, because it clogs up the rare list so much.

"Some one discovery a Gorgon foot guards with a value of 60 pec and have been added to the Hall of Fame. "

Really a 60 pec HOF??? 40 Times a day? What have we become!!!

If those items are so rare why not made them with just a little bit more of TT value? For sure would feel less wrong in my opinion.

Yes, it's pathetic but there is a motivation behind this... (sell shares)

Agreed, remove them from HOF list!!!

There is absolutely no value in ...
and some stone age guy convinced others there was absolutely no value in that new-fangled wheel thingie, as it would simply roll away? Or no value in having the number of a bus on the rear of a bus as it has clearly already gone past you?
In opposition to your suggestion you can already see a couple of other uses, plus an etc., in addition to the info being a repeated reminder [edit: an ongoing marker] to folks who may be new or have not noticed the bog-poor balancing right from the start.
Is there absolutely no value in having a search function for discoveries either, if half-analytical minds fail to discover it can declog lists by quite a bit?

Last edited:
If anything, it makes it harder to track genuinely useful information, because it clogs up the rare list so much.
If you want to track genuinely useful information, you analyze the logfile resp. its extension at EL. The timeframe which the HoF board holds is much too short, and any day the next new thing can drown out what you expected to see. Is anybody even trying to put themselves in the devs' shoes, what degree of micro-management is asked here?

Just in case of any misunderstanding, I do mean the tracker over at EL makes the info useful in multiple ways. I would, however, prefer better forms of tracking and filters within EU itself, but not a priority over quite a few other 'snippets' of programming which could be carried out by MA ...

Back