storage movement

3-J

Prowler
Benevolent 3J Afterdark
Please,

INSTEAD of having it so that when we move an object in our storage/inventory on top of another object, it sends it to the top most available space of our storage/inventory, please have it move said object to the next/nearest/closest available space.

And increase storage space.

Thanks,

short, sweet, simple, and a huge help.

Increasing storage space could be nice now that so many different items and stackables exist, but I assume that those owning boxes/containers or apartments for storage reasons would not be so happy about the value drop if that happened :)

While at it, stop the items from moving themselves in inventory every now and then :laugh:

ya that's probably true.

but the main point still stands.

I hate it when i drag an item over, from my inventory to my organized storage, and it doesn't land where i place it but waaaaaayyyy at the top. So i then have to slowly drag it down to where it belongs, page by page.

Actually, the whole system needs to be redone. More options, more slots, more personalization.

Hey,

while we are talking about storage:

Is it just my imagination or does the width of my inventory change sometimes? OR maybe it is the armor that changes seizes, what ever the case sometimes i can arange my armor one way and then another time it just doesn't fit that way anymore.
I have only notices it with armors cuz i always try to arange all sets the same way and sometimes i just feel so stupid when i can't figure out what happened.

On the other hand I would support the cchanges you are asking for, really annoying to scoll up everytime i missplace an item and don't have a storage box with me.

Best Regards
Thark

Is it just my imagination or does the width of my inventory change sometimes? OR maybe it is the armor that changes seizes, what ever the case sometimes i can arange my armor one way and then another time it just doesn't fit that way anymore.
Some items change their size in every other VU -,- IE. BP books were changed back and forth for some time, some armors were also resized now and then between VU's.

Some items change their size in every other VU -,- IE. BP books were changed back and forth for some time, some armors were also resized now and then between VU's.

Hey,

really it's just VUs? sometimes it felt like it changed from login to login. Maybe my login sessions are just too long. lmao

w/e thanks for the info anyway!

Regards
Thark

INSTEAD of having it so that when we move an object in our storage/inventory on top of another object, it sends it to the top most available space of our storage/inventory, please have it move said object to the next/nearest/closest available space.
It used to sadden me to say "That will not happen".

I have not only reported this bug ~3 years ago, I even provided them with both design documentation and a full pseudo-code implementation. It comes as no surprise they didn't even bother to reply.

As it'd not provide an immediate new revenue stream for MindArk, and it's not a problem losing them money, it simply Will Not Be Fixed(tm).

a few things i think would be a great improvement

search block type in name of what u want from storage and it pops up

different sections for each planet within storage

maybe a way to categorize customize sections like paints, textures, ect. in stackables.

i hate wasting a long time looking for something like blazar frags in a near full storage. lol

Hey,

instead of a complete do over of the storage system, MA could just make a little green line or something around the box of where the item is going to go after you release the mouse button
You know, like when you move your mouse over icons on the desktop they become highlighted.

That would probably be a small change and would help greatly with the problem of objects jumping to the top of the storage.

Regards
Thark

Hey,

instead of a complete do over of the storage system, MA could just make a little green line or something around the box of where the item is going to go after you release the mouse button
You know, like when you move your mouse over icons on the desktop they become highlighted.

That would probably be a small change and would help greatly with the problem of objects jumping to the top of the storage.

Regards
Thark

yes, that is one of many simple ways to make it better :)

how about a 'green box' around every space that the 'held item' is currently on or space that its taking up? So we know exactly where its going to go, instead of guessing as it is now.

how about a 'green box' around every space that the 'held item' is currently on or space that its taking up? So we know exactly where its going to go, instead of guessing as it is now.

Actually, I never really understood the point in having items in storage and inventory be different sizes (since we have no space limit, only weight limit) when put there so... Why not simply divide the storage and inventory into squares equal in size to 2x2 of the current smallest squares and have all items be 1x1 of those squares instead?

This would give us storage slots instead of the total mess it can be at times now :laugh:

Other additions could include the possibility to display inventory and/or storage as a list, having PED value listed as well as the unit count (like for example "Wool - 22 - 4.40PED" or so)... maybe even with a "Total Inventory TT Value" at the bottom? :dunno:

good feedback and hopefully someone from MA might wanna do thr right thing.
while we´re at it don´t forget a rope feature, so you can drag a whole bunch of items in trade-, TT- or storage windows.

don´t forget a rope feature, so you can drag a whole bunch of items in trade-, TT- or storage windows.

Not sure that would be a good idea as people would probably accidentally rope stuff they dont want to sell and then blame MA :laugh:

However, some "Quick Sell" button for TT that activates a mode where you only have to click an item to move it to the TT window could be nice :dunno:

yes, that is one of many simple ways to make it better :)

That was also included in the design document I sent them. Sorry.

I 'd say them not having implemented even such a simple thing displays how much they care.

always thought it was weird that armor in inventory might be larger than a vehicle's icon.

Hey,

i think MA won't do a complete redo of the storage/item system.

It's simply too risky to mess something up (fruit multiplication anyone?) and since it's potentialy an item worth thousands of dollars something could go terrebly wrong. Just like they won't mess with the out-dated auction system, the annoying usage of the TT or the simply stupid way housing etc. works.

But the high lighted destination box would really help a lot. And i don't think it could mess things up, but ofc i dunno how the item/storage system works so...

Maybe Bjorn has something to say, if this is planned or if it's even possible w/o a complete redo. (wich again: i doubt will happen any time soon)

Regards
Thark

Or at least make the mouses scroll button scroll through the Inventory window a hell of a lot faster...same with zoom on Maps. Or wait...maybe its just me...do others have really slow scroll too?

Yes it's time to fix and improve the Inventory/Storage forms.

It is bugged since one of the last VU9's, when they were inserting the new system inside the existing one.
The blue background we had in the time on equipped items was better than the little hand we have now. (It takes a while to check if the 7 pieces of an armor are correctly equipped.) As said above, the system should display a green or red block of squares under the mouse cursor so that we know if we can drop an item.

And all the forgotten suggestions (there are many good ones, as allowing us to "lock" some items) should be analyzed all together BEFORE the sytem is redesigned... hopefully once for all. Also please allow us to refine our loot with the Storage open even if we have the "Move to target" option enabled. Opening/closing it is just... ;).

:yup:

It used to sadden me to say "That will not happen".

I have not only reported this bug ~3 years ago, I even provided them with both design documentation and a full pseudo-code implementation. It comes as no surprise they didn't even bother to reply.

As it'd not provide an immediate new revenue stream for MindArk, and it's not a problem losing them money, it simply Will Not Be Fixed(tm).

It might be the old legacy code as I seem to remember it happening in vu8 when I began.

Or at least make the mouses scroll button scroll through the Inventory window a hell of a lot faster...same with zoom on Maps. Or wait...maybe its just me...do others have really slow scroll too?
Not only you. It's reported by multiple people. MA doesn't care.

the 'rope' feature is totally needed too, coupled with an 'item lock' for precious things you will never tt would be awesome.... and not really all that complicated coding wise either.

increasing storage space? wtf we do craftable storage boxes then?

Back