Strange bug / possible exploit ?

Gaius MB

Old
Last days my game frequently crashes again (it was solved with 10.03 or 04 but now appears again), and after the crash I wake up either dead or at the next teleporter. The armor that i was wearing usually isn't equipped anymore after the crash for some strange reasons.

It just happened again when I was hunting troxes, I was wearing shogun armor and the hunt lasted quite a while (shot ~9000 charges of medium laser ammo). The game crashed right after I killed a trox (wasn't able to loot it) but when I logged restarted the game, I noticed something strange: the armor was unequipped again, but this time it had no damage. It was in full condition, like it was before the hunt, but I definitely was wearing it when hunting, so it should have received some peds in damage.

I don't want to exploit anything, so I stopped hunting for a while, does anyone else have this ? And if I continue to hunt and this happens again, will i get trouble because of bug abuse or something ?

I haven't checked the decay, but there have been times when I've crashed out and then came back to find armor unequipped. I won't complain if there is no decay, but MA/FPC should be informed if it happens again (the no decay part).

shhh ya letting all the secrets out :laugh:were you hunting at Itchica? ;)

I noticed something similar. However it only appeared to happen when I actually crashed. Not if I cut off the connection. So, as I didn't see any way of exploiting it, I didn't report it. It's been like this for years.

I have had this issue with my armor unequipping when I crash also but never checked the decay, actually I was more worried about having to pay to put my armor back on again and again.

It happens sometimes when the server you are on crashes, not your client. It's happened for a long time and many support cases have been sent about it.

When I had my armor unequipped after relogging (in similar cases when server was unresponsive for like 1 min and I got lost conn) I would find that some of my skills were also reverted back, ie. gained new rank in Rifle again and it's 2600 points :)

So, if the decay is reverted back, then for sure also the skills! But not the ammo, the ammo remains as it was when server ctd-ed :)

I made a support case about loosing skills also, but wasn't aware about the decay ... I will try to tell them ... except now the site won't load :/

Back