Strange politics

Society
Sputnik
John TheHitcher Ryder
I want to say that I didn't expect a different answer. This was done to post a response here on the forum and show how MA feels about the community. I see it this way.. thank you for reporting the bug, Yes, we know about it, Yes, we know that you lose money because of it, but we are in no hurry to fix it, and according to our rules, which you agree to every time you start the game, we will not compensate you for anything.. Kind regards, Entropia Universe Support

index.php

I'm in the same boat and that answer fucking sucks. Plus, they have compensated people in the past so it makes no sense.

Their mistake, my loss. Seems fair?

Sounds like maybe that item shouldn't be in the game then yea?

Is it a lie?
Most of the decay from healing and using armor is now compensated for in the loot of the mob.

Usually because of the high probability component, in practice it is not possible to check their statements and you have to believe them on the word. Even if they do not know about the bug and make a good faith mistake.

However, not so long ago, they themselves gave the community a tool to check the return of healing costs. And so people found a bug in this system. I ask myself the question, how many bugs did they make and nobody knows about it, because nobody can check?

And yet, it is a bug. A bug that has been around since Loot 2.0 was released. How much money have people lost in all this time? The reputation of the MA is not based on the User Agreement. This document relieves them of all legal responsibility. The reputation of MA as an operator of money was defined by the tacit obligation to compensate for the losses incurred as a result of the bugs. Till now it was performed. But we seem to be entering a new era?

It's a shame when I read things like this. I do believe that this is one of the key reasons MA and the Entropia Universe isn't more successful. When community management is this bad, it's impossible to grow a community.

Maybe that decay is returned, but not directly after each kill like with other FAPs, maybe it works like and excavator, the decay of which is returned to the miner overtime. It's PEDs cycled anyway.

Yes, it's a bug. Yes, they won't pay for it. Yes, likely there is a lot of other stuff that is buggy as hell too. Yog is just one example of another bug that was recently found. I bet if every item in game was tested you'd find this type of bug that costs people money all over the place since the system isn't adequately tested on each and every item in this massive economy run by a small handful of individuals... Yes even if the bugs like this are found and reported to Mindark via support support may not forward it appropriately are mork it as important enough for anyone else other than the underpaid support person to ever view it. Yes, this sucks...

A while ago I tried crafting a lot of various items I had blueprints for. I'm also looking at lots of items in auction, etc. If you look close enough you'll see many, many items in game have item info stats that are not uniform with other similar items of the same type. More than likely these type of things are the result of similar type of bugs, etc. where there are just so many darn items in game the guy coding the stats got lazy and thought, "oh no one will ever care."... so copy/paste and walla we have incorrect stats, items that don't work, and items that have typos in info screens, etc.

If you do some research on the history of bugs, exploits, buffs, etc. you'll find many changes (i.e. nerfs, etc.) have happened since this game started. Stats get changed on items all of the time, things get altered all of the time... estates get changed all of the time.... despite the devs saying they don't like to change stats, etc.... nerfy nerfy nerfy NERF...

It would be interesting is someone could compile of list of every blasted change, and bug that has happened like this over the years so it's more apparent what the hell is going on. Some have attempted in the past, so if you do some searches on this forum and others you'll start seeing the patterns. Yes, it is quite unsettling to see how much at risk things in this 'safe' virtual economy are.... poof your 'investment' is no longer worth anything... your promised stats are wrong and worth a lot less than you thought... Your hallway in your apartment is no longer functional, your booth or shop no longer works, your great LA now has hills and is turned around so the once amazing location is now useless back woods that no one wants to cross, your 2x0 no longer is doing the damage it once did, your A105 is no longer giving the damage it once did, your UL weapons are no longer so great vs the L alternative, your decay costs increase more than they should, your tt value of the repaired ar,pr is now more than the maximum value of the item since they lowered the maximum tt value so your actual protection from that armor is altered, your pet's maximum total food capicity has been lowered to a level below the last time you fed it so now your not sure you are getting the buffs or experience you should be for same amount of food you already have in it's belly, your L hammer is now UL but you are not sure if it's giving you the same level of decay it once did, your items that once only decayed down to 50% decay down to 1% but you are not sure if that decay is returned in loot in the way it should be since Mindark randomly made that change but didn't check the behind the scenes math to make sure the numbers do what they want them to do, no no longer 'own' estates only 'hold them, your buffs are at a level that are higher than the maximum the system allows so you are not sure if that overage is really working or not, your pills are doing weird things with buffs and you are not sure if it affects decay costs and there's very little ways to check, your item is rare and acting weird but support won't do anything about it since no one else is reporting the same type of issue, etc.

Folks think that those that study history and stats are wasting their time, and in some ways they may be right, but in others, they see the bigger picture... Wiki entries get outdated or obsolete... tutorials no longer give the right info... it's a horrible mess.

Last edited:
Maybe that decay is returned, but not directly after each kill like with other FAPs, maybe it works like and excavator, the decay of which is returned to the miner overtime.
From the moment I received this first aid kit, I used it only (about 3 years). I can assure you that I have not found tons of shrapnel in my inventory or in the storage.

Whoever answered you in that support case has no idea of what he is talking about. There is a category in the ped flow center called "Compensation". What do you think that's for? and some examples:

- Players affected by the no looter hussk and several no looter sand kings (ammo refund).
- Players (myself included) for the missing loots due to the "The loot was claimed by someone else" bug a few months ago.
- Players affected by the recent UL Blueprint stacking bug.
- ... the list is quite long actually ...

This is clearly a bug and they should do fair compensation like always.

From the moment I received this first aid kit, I used it only (about 3 years). I can assure you that I have not found tons of shrapnel in my inventory or in the storage.

That's not how cycling works. When you mine over a long enough period of time, you take a lot of excavator and refiner decay, your finder decays as well, however, the decay on that goes into your claims directly to some extent, but the decay of other mining tools is returned in loot over time. Otherwise no one would be mining at all. That's what I meant.

Of course that FAP is still bugged, but it may not be as bad as some people may think.

That's not how cycling works. When you mine over a long enough period of time, you take a lot of excavator and refiner decay, your finder decays as well, however, the decay on that goes into your claims directly to some extent, but the decay of other mining tools is returned in loot over time. Otherwise no one would be mining at all. That's what I meant.

Of course that FAP is still bugged, but it may not be as bad as some people may think.

You saying that even refiner decay get returned in loot? Can you provide a official statement for your affirmation? From my point of view neither extractor or refiner decay get returned in loot. Otherwise adjusted and modified extractors/refiners would not make any sense.

You saying that even refiner decay get returned in loot? Can you provide a official statement for your affirmation? From my point of view neither extractor or refiner decay get returned in loot. Otherwise adjusted and modified extractors/refiners would not make any sense.

It likely works like armors/FAPs before the introduction of shrapnel kickbacks, when all of that decay was accounted for in loot anyway, just not right away. All the PEDs you cycle are accounted for, even MS/fortress wall repairing and refining costs.

It likely works like armors/FAPs before the introduction of shrapnel kickbacks, when all of that decay was accounted for in loot anyway, just not right away. All the PEDs you cycle are accounted for, even MS/fortress wall repairing and refining costs.

Official statement or your own opinion?

Back