Strange sound anyone?

Poisonhearts

Stalker
Society
Dark Brotherhood
Poisonhearts Tubgirl Tubboy
Yesterday at about 15:00 MA time I was standing around and noticed a rather odd sound emanating from a TP. It sounded similar to breathing, but sort of mechanical (closest thing I can compare it to). As I walked away from the TP the sound became softer and softer until there was no more sound, the opposite happened as I began to approach the TP. I had never heard the sound before inside Entropia, so I was quite confused...I had not slept the night before so I decided to lay down. When I returned I could not hear the sound anymore.

To sum things up I was wondering if anyone else heard a similar sound before?

I have to admit that I have not heard such a sound from a tp.

Yesterday at about 15:00 MA time I was standing around and noticed a rather odd sound emanating from a TP. It sounded similar to breathing, but sort of mechanical (closest thing I can compare it to). As I walked away from the TP the sound became softer and softer until there was no more sound, the opposite happened as I began to approach the TP. I had never heard the sound before inside Entropia, so I was quite confused...I had not slept the night before so I decided to lay down. When I returned I could not hear the sound anymore.

To sum things up I was wondering if anyone else heard a similar sound before?

That must be scary if you were the only one at the TP. ;)

Mind to tell us which TP it was?

That must be scary if you were the only one at the TP. ;)

Mind to tell us which TP it was?

It was at Caravan.

You alright Poison??

Havent been online too long maybe?

;)

Poison, think you need a few more hours of sleep there ;)

but strange indeed

Lol, you guys are talking like everyone else I told :p. It was a real sound, I was planning to record it until my soc m8's finally said they believed me :D.

Yeah, we believe you truly.. Now go get some more sleep :laugh:

It could be that the Umbra have somehow tied in the orbs with the tps as part of their invasion plan. Naturally they would have assumed that most stpid humanzzz would be asleep as they made the connection to test.

They did not realize that one among us would have been operating on limited sleep and in an area not generally occupied at the time of their test. The orb/tp connection was made. The breathing pulse of the orb was translated to sound as it interacted with the tp.

Lucky for us poisonhearts was there to hear this phemonen so we could be warned. Beware of breathig TP's. If you use it you may be teleported to an area you were not expecting and end up like poor poor Catherine did.

Well Done! I will be very careful around the TPs from here on out until the evil umbra menace has been stopped.

Odd, although weird sounds aren't unprecedented. I remember a while back people mentioning they heard weird clicking sounds in certain locations and I encountered it once myself. Don't know whether its source was ever determined, or whether it was just a bug.

It could be that the Umbra have somehow tied in the orbs with the tps as part of their invasion plan. Naturally they would have assumed that most stpid humanzzz would be asleep as they made the connection to test.

They did not realize that one among us would have been operating on limited sleep and in an area not generally occupied at the time of their test. The orb/tp connection was made. The breathing pulse of the orb was translated to sound as it interacted with the tp.

Lucky for us poisonhearts was there to hear this phemonen so we could be warned. Beware of breathig TP's. If you use it you may be teleported to an area you were not expecting and end up like poor poor Catherine did.

Well Done! I will be very careful around the TPs from here on out until the evil umba menace has been stopped.

Hahaha you just made my day, +Rep :D. It's the wonderful people like you that make this forum the enjoyable place it is :cool:.

Odd, although weird sounds aren't unprecedented. I remember a while back people mentioning they heard weird clicking sounds in certain locations and I encountered it once myself. Don't know whether its source was ever determined, or whether it was just a bug.

Yes I've heard of similar reports before, although what I heard was definately an audio file. I think I'll browse through all the EU audio until I find the source of the sound.

I am not going insane :D.

Stop drinking Vodka and the sounds will disappear :laugh:

Stop drinking Vodka and the sounds will disappear :laugh:

But there is nothing as smooth as Grey Goose Vodka :), good way to start any morning :D.

1405.gif

I've heard the ticking sound 3 times in my 4 years as a player. The sound is that of a ticking clock and it disapeares or moves away after some time.
First time I heard it, I tried to locate any source of it without sucess.
Second time I tried to get a kill in during the time of the ticking, trying out the theory that it could be an "ATH indicator", but Hogs are not easy to kill just like that so the sound dissapeared before I managed to get the kill in.
Third time I tried to make out if the sound moved around, but trying to follow something invisible, without knowing wish direction it traveled in, is very hard to do on your own, so I lost track of it...

Would be interesting to know if anyone else have experimented with the sound to figure out why it's there or if it's just a programmer joke.

The Evil is preparing to break into our world through that tp and steal our loot ;). Dark ages are coming, mates.

I hear strange noises every now and then.

Then I remember I have forgotten to turn the TV off before I went to bed.

This sound...

* deleted *

Last edited:
I hear strange noises every now and then.

Then I remember I have forgotten to turn the TV off before I went to bed.

I don't own a TV ;).

...its like a heart beat, or a breathing with a bit metallic ring to it yes? I heard it perhaps 40-50 times, but not much lately. It can appear anywhere i think and be quite loud even, not only near TP's but usually when moving (running at least), if that say any :)

I don't know, maybe you have heard what I have heard before. But I've never honestly heard the sound before inside EU. It was not a heart beat, but a kind of breathing. It seems the difference between your experience and my experience was I heard the sound clearly propagating out from the TP, I kept walking to and from the TP until I could definately trace the sounds origin.

"Do you hear the voices too?" - Chaos Space Marines (wh40k)

Strange, better make a search in "sounds" directory and tell us file name :)

I actually did finish browsing through all the sound files, sadly I couldn't pick out any one sound that was familiar. Some sounded like possible candidates, but it was pretty far off. I guess it's time for me to head to the nuthouse :eyecrazy:.

Maybe you should have really recorded it... I suspect that its simply some sound file being played at a wrong speed or something wierd like that.

It's the loot curve sound. As we all know, loot follow different curves that move across the lands. Each curve produces a very faint sound, inaudible to the naked ear. However, when the peaks of several curves coincide, the sound can reach an audible amplitude - meaning really good loot to be had! :yay:

Back