Strongbox keys...

Bluesmith

Hatchling
Hi !
Maybe I post in the wrong place, apologize in that case, but I have tried to find information about why I can´t buy strongbox keys.
I looted a couple of boxes(mining) yesterday but when I want to buy keys in the webshop so that I can open them, it says that they are not available in my country...very weird !
Anyone have more info about this ?

Thanks in advance

Some countries callify strongboxes as "Gambling" and prevent residents to purchase them
the only LEGIT solution is that you craft them yourself with the in-game BP

Strongbox announcement

On the first of January 2019 a new Swedish law which affects lootbox systems that is used in many computer, mobile, and console games will go into effect. MindArk’s legal representatives has advised us on this new law and therefore we need to take the necessary steps outlined below to comply with this new regulation.

The consequences of the new law will be that users located in Sweden (or with a Swedish IP) will no longer be allowed to purchase Strongboxes or Strongbox keys in the Entropia Universe Webshop from this date. It will still be possible for anyone in Entropia Universe to find boxes within Entropia Universe, but users located in Sweden (or with a Swedish IP) will not be able to open them unless they have Strongbox Keys acquired prior to January 1, 2019. Strongbox Keys acquired prior to January 1, 2019 will continue to function even for users in Sweden, but they will not be able to purchase new Strongbox Keys from this date.

If you do not reside in Sweden or use a Swedish IP Strongboxes and Strongbox Keys will continue to work like previously, this change only affect users in Sweden or with a Swedish IP.

Originally Posted Here

Very recently, a Strongbox key BP has been discovered. You could try to obtain keys this way, atm it does not seem easy though and might cost you an arm, a leg, and a tail...

:tiphat:

Last edited:
VPN is your friend. Just sign out of the game, start a vpn and buy the keys, turn off VPN and give it a minute before you log back in, voila! Just don't turn on vpn and buy keys while logged in, you might get locked out and need to Contact support in that case.
GL

Thanks for info guys !
I live in Sweden, didn´t know we had those laws here, but maybe depends on the location of the MA:s servers. As far as I know gambling online is permitted in Sweden, and taxfree as well if it is within the EU.

VPN is your friend. Just sign out of the game, start a vpn and buy the keys, turn off VPN and give it a minute before you log back in, voila! Just don't turn on vpn and buy keys while logged in, you might get locked out and need to Contact support in that case.
GL

Uh... Suggesting that someone circumvent the law seems ill-advised.

Uh... Suggesting that someone circumvent the law seems ill-advised.
Might be but MA never seem to mind when you pay them money, i also believe someone actually asked an employee at some point and did get a "positive" response. Just ask yourself how all the Uber swedes keep opening boxes and looting rings, i highly doubt they bought 10k-50k keys in 2018 lol
Edit: It's like bringing your laptop to Norway/Denmark/Finland for a weekend and buying there, they can't really tell what happened, love your VPN?

How much easier if we could buy strongbox keys from tt...pls MA :scratch:!

How much easier if we could buy strongbox keys from tt...pls MA :scratch:!
  • No thank you.
  • Looting the Blueprints and Crafting the Keys yourself is relatively cheap if you have the skills and bankroll.
  • It adds an untracked side-quest for you to work on and play the game for.
  • It would also tank the value of the boxes almost immediately. Just remember there are other boxes of value other than the Seasonal ones which would also see their prices affected. Personally, I feel the price for those boxes are justified given the rarity, chance of loot and it helps new players progress a bit quicker if they ever find one, 15ped mining box goes a long way for someone using Rookie Finder and Bukin's Rifle. Not that this point should actually matter though, the economy should rarely get in the way of development... but it seems to often here. Development is supposed to, for the most part, dictate the Economy, not the other way around lol.
Now that we have Blueprints, I'd like to see them removed from the Webshop and the Blueprint drops increased by 100% to compensate. It may not mean the exact same revenue on Strongboxes as MA may have been accustom to, however, over time, I can see the scalability or having them as blueprints allowing the revenue stream to surpass the potential of the Webshop.

Webshop = Greedy Short Term Gains
Blueprints = Patient Long Term Gains

• No thank you.
  • Looting the Blueprints and Crafting the Keys yourself is relatively cheap if you have the skills and bankroll.
  • It adds an untracked side-quest for you to work on and play the game for.
  • It would also tank the value of the boxes almost immediately. Just remember there are other boxes of value other than the Seasonal ones which would also see their prices affected. Personally, I feel the price for those boxes are justified given the rarity, chance of loot and it helps new players progress a bit quicker if they ever find one, 15ped mining box goes a long way for someone using Rookie Finder and Bukin's Rifle. Not that this point should actually matter though, the economy should rarely get in the way of development... but it seems to often here. Development is supposed to, for the most part, dictate the Economy, not the other way around lol.
Now that we have Blueprints, I'd like to see them removed from the Webshop and the Blueprint drops increased by 100% to compensate. It may not mean the exact same revenue on Strongboxes as MA may have been accustom to, however, over time, I can see the scalability or having them as blueprints allowing the revenue stream to surpass the potential of the Webshop.

Webshop = Greedy Short Term Gains
Blueprints = Patient Long Term Gains

I'm not keen on crafting. Pew pew my true love! I'd like to see another option. Imho tt is the easiest for hunters.

Unfortunately they do not seem to be dropping any more. Myself and others got a few of them at the start, but then everything completely stopped. I've not known anyone who has looted any since ( happy to be corrected though! )

I'm not keen on crafting. Pew pew my true love! I'd like to see another option. Imho tt is the easiest for hunters.
I getcha and completely understand but this game is not a hunting simulator and has other professions that also need attention.

Unfortunately they do not seem to be dropping any more. Myself and others got a few of them at the start, but then everything completely stopped. I've not known anyone who has looted any since ( happy to be corrected though! )
Well, damn. I bet it shows back up in between Mayhems :)

Back