Suggest a video card to me

Centech

Elite
Society
BAHQ4LIFE!!!
Jason Centech Tanner
Preferebly looking to hear what cards people are succesfully running EU with 4xAA and PE Ass running at the same time. No go for me with my ATI 9800. :(

i using ati 9600 and urs better i think...and i have no problem at all i love it
try upgrade ur drivers or memmory or something...

I have an fx5700 atm which goes quite well with PE but I'm gonna upgrade to an 6600GT.

You might check that out too ;)

PS: I only consider NVidia :)

got fx 5200 at pc laggy in very busy places and amathere and the 7800 at laptop runs perfectly :D both nvidia

Sharyn said:
I have an fx5700 atm which goes quite well with PE but I'm gonna upgrade to an 6600GT.

You might check that out too ;)

PS: I only consider NVidia :)

get a 6800GT ;) i got that and i have rarely even lagg in PA

Nvidia OWNS nah it owns for me

never had other one and a friend got ati 9700 and he couldnt run a few games :D like farcry

btw EA games has nvidia logo's those games are based on it i think like alot of them and drivers are very easy to download just 1 package and u get them all for all the cards :D

nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 512

PE runs very smooth with it.

Edit: I dont' use PEaSS

Last edited:
First off, EU isnt a blazingly amazing graphics sexpot. lol. are you sure that your card is the problem?? It doesnt sound like you should have any problems with the game unless you have a bad card (possibly shorted, or grounded vid card ports) so long as other programs that use anything visual (i.e. media player graphics or w/e) then we know its not the Mobo (motherboard). So I must ask first, what is the problem you experience...long tp times, or takes forever to load buildings and stuff at a new city...or maybe it just doesnt allow you to run PEass and EU at the same time.. or switch b/n the two. If this is the case then it is likely your RAM (or lack there of) or maybe even your processor (doubtful so long as its over 1ghz) so in order to recommend one i basically need a little more knowledge of the problem, cuz it might not be the card.

however Saphire x800 is a great pci card cabable of dualing (pcie-16) or the x850 is the agp equivelent (basically) and both of those run fear pretty damn well. so that would be the way to go (for about 130$usd shipped from www.newegg.com) hope that helps, but if you get some more info on here. we may narrow it to something else.

did everyone miss the fact that he said;

Centech said:
Preferebly looking to hear what cards people are succesfully running EU with 4xAA and PE Ass running at the same time. No go for me with my ATI 9800. :(

wanda said:
did everyone miss the fact that he said;

Well, I for one DID NOT :D

My fx5700 doesn't allow 4xAA in almost any aplication ....

That's why I am upgrading to 6600 GT and I suggested the same to him ;)

sorry if i was confusing. upon reading it again i think i might have been. I am a computer tech guy so i sometimes take for granted what little i know as maybe not being common knowledge. i basically said not to narrow it down to getting a new card since it may not be the problem. it could be the memory being to little (insufficient RAM) or maybe the processor being to slow (under 1ghz processing speed). or maybe if he has enough ram then he can reseat it (unplug it and plug it back in ***be sure to unplug the PC before doing this) His title was to suggest a vid card, my suggestion is to find out what the real problem is, maybe it's a fine card to have, but there is another problem. I recommend that if its not the cards fault then to stick with that and save his money.
sorry
just tryin to help

Last edited:
I've got an ATI X800 XT PE 256mb and run PE fine with 6x AA and 16x AF, so I'd personally recommend that :)

I have RADEON X300 SE 128 MB PCI Express, which I run with highest graphics settings in Entropia with, without any lag at all.

I use a 256mb Geforce 6800, works great. Its either your RAM or processor (2gb DDR ram for me, and 3.6ghz pent4). PE runs smooth.

2 x 7800 nvidea gtx 512 cards running in SLI mode, hay presto you can admire the game as it should be admired just like me.

I run 2x 7900GTX 512 in SLi just fine with everything maxed, no peass though.

But the original poster is running 9800pro, so he has an AGP mainboard, so the best upgrade without having to upgrade his mainboard is either Radeon X800XT / X850XT, maybe go for the Platinum models (PE), or the nVidia 7800GS which is the newest AGP card from nVidia and comparable to the Radeon X8x0's.

If you need anything better you will have to upgrade your mainboard also, but those cards i mentioned will run PE fine, also with 4xAA, as Entropia isnt that demanding on vidcards, it's prefers lots of RAM as the first thing, then vidcard, then CPU speed as third.

Well, for EU radeon9800pro should be more than enough, maybe you should rather invest in system RAM or change the whole package, meaning new MB, CPU, GPU, PS, RAM... I think radeon`s is a bit worse than Nvidia because of slower boot time - getting up the drivers is a bit lame with radeon, but regarding performance during play is no big difference.

I really don`t see any need for top notch graphic card if you really play only EU. The GPU`s that are above GF6600GT or R9800pro are useful if you are playing simulations or newer games...

And yeah, uninstall those trojan horses and other unwanted programs running resident in the back of you coputer brain... :laugh: that should also help with the performance... :silly2:

Regards,
Robo

I have a 9800 Pro with 1 gig memory and a AMD 3,200 and I get very bad lag when there's a lot going on. PA on a busy day is a no no for me :(

Back