Suggestion: Suggestion discussion for UE5 "Jump Gate" mention

Mika

Elite
Since UE5 is still a whiles a way, and it was only mentioend with "jumpgates" in the devpost found here: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...10/what-is-entropia-universe-unreal/index.xml

While i think a lot of the points in the devpost should be individually discussed as well so that we as players can give mindark more things to go by, the line I want to see talked about here is:

• Interplanetary jumpgates

Personally this makes me really excited, but i see a lot of mixed opinions on this. So first. I play entropia, this means that i play the entire game, while other planets are "seperate" they are still, entropia in my eyes. I don't get home, and log on to "im going to play monria today." or "I play Next Island".

As such, as it stands today, we have all these planets and partners, and caly, events are split around, and if like right now, migration happens, if you want to be part of that, well you gotta be on Caly. You're borderline "locked" to Caly side for its entierty unless you're loaded and like to waste peds on warps. OR you don't mind spending several hours flying in a straight line. listening to engine going BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ... for hours.... god make the sound stop...

For me, I read jumpgates and thought "holy god yes can i finally do dailies on caly when i get home, then say i wanna go to arkadia and work on viceroy i can do that for a while. then in the evening i perhaps wanted to do feff pit for badges or oh look migration ill do some of that for a while. I would be able to do so without having to massivly pay a insane cost. (1-2 hours of flying in a straight line, is counted as a huge cost, there is only a finite amount of hours in a day)

The way i saw it was that jumpgates would borderline function as stargates do, you go in, and you pop out, end of story. No cost, you log on and you can play the game, the entire game, any planet, any moon (that could hold a jumpgate portal) possibly even asteroids why not. having the whole game available, allowing players to play any part without being landlocked or "stranded".

But all things have more than just one amazing side.

Pros as i see them:
- you can play any where any time. The whole game is available, no planets event is without reach, no friend is to far.
- Economies on different planets will benefit having a lot more traffic, allowing more markets to flourish, more availability of materials in general.
- allowing players to expand and roam and explore far more, easier, creating less barriers that bar people from being able to do the points above.

cons:
- Oh you own a space ship or mothership? rip..
- space in general would be a litteral void more or less
- the 2 pirates that live there would need new hobbies.

I think the cons could be easily fixed by simply, making space available to players as a whole, make space non lootable except a few places, stuff more mobs there, add more things to allow players to hunt said mobs, make space a engaging place, not a place no one wants to spend more time than they need to to avoid pirates (not a issue in a space ship or mothership).

I do like the thought of a global auction but instead of that, with jumpgates limit the amount of items one can drag through it somehow. not limiting in the way you can barely go through it naked, but limit enough that you'll have to run back and forth like a hamster or in some way enable space to be some sort of a transport path for large quantities.

Also why nto add space mining? New materials found on asteroids that would be needed for space ships customization, weapons, perhaps ammo? repairs, and so on and so forth. I feel the cons, are cons purely because of how bad the system is today and how neglected it feels.

What i don't hope it will be, is just a "here you go you can use this jumpgate to another planet it costs 10 ped each way bye!". I really hope this will be a thing that any player, freshly started, or 20 years playing can use to explxore every nook and cranny without hinderance*

*hinderance terms and conditions may apply, no responsibility is taken for being eaten by mobs and stuck at a outpost without a vehicle on any planet.

But i'm just one head. UE5 is far away still, and what does other people think about this line in the devpost?

I assume that jumpgates are something in space that allows the non-warp ships to reach their destination faster. Provided the gates are located in lootable space or have to be reached through lootable space (I imagine them being placed at each of the planetless stations) it doesn't really harm anyone. Quad/sleipnir people save 30-60 minutes of their time, while the safe space travel remains the privilege of the clients of the space buses.

Last edited:
while the safe space travel remains the privilege of the clients of the space buses.

This is what i hope will be abolished.

I find it a little sad that these amazing pieces of equpment, for the most majority of time just, sit there floating in space like glorified derelict busses. Hoping someone will throw litteral pocket change at them to be their slave :p

Id hope jumpgates means free travel, no more busses, and these ships can be made into proper tools to mine, hunt and explore a new space, which would house more mobs, asteroids, areas to explore. With lootable pvp zones like planetside have, but mostly not, why not add abandoned space stations that could also house new mobs that only these space ships could dock to, disembark and run into and hunt. (Think RDI)

And socs who don't have one available can make deals and get ferried out to one of these places to hunt on a space station as a fun activity or event, sure it would be a bus but more of a excursion type of action safari not a school bus from a to b

A soc owning a space ship would enable that soc to utilize this fantastic ship as a team and do these things. The list of amazing things that can be done to space, that has these ships do more than primarily be glorified busses, along with the ocassional few that do dropships, its so much potential gone to waste as it is now, or if left unchanged...

If they implement jumpgates similar to other games then these likely will function as focal points of pvp and therefor should be in lootable space (and if mindark is smart they will either reduce pvp cost or add mob loot to players and vehicles to remove the factor of 'economic immunity' from the equation).
Also these jumpgates dont have to lead straight to a target destination, they could put a whole 'pvp arena' system inbetween 2 jumpgates which you have tto pass to make it to another planet.
Jumpgates could be a replacement to the current warp gate points around the universe which are in their current form highly unbalanced.

This is what i hope will be abolished.

I find it a little sad that these amazing pieces of equpment, for the most majority of time just, sit there floating in space like glorified derelict busses. Hoping someone will throw litteral pocket change at them to be their slave :p

Id hope jumpgates means free travel, no more busses, and these ships can be made into proper tools to mine, hunt and explore a new space, which would house more mobs, asteroids, areas to explore. With lootable pvp zones like planetside have, but mostly not, why not add abandoned space stations that could also house new mobs that only these space ships could dock to, disembark and run into and hunt. (Think RDI)

And socs who don't have one available can make deals and get ferried out to one of these places to hunt on a space station as a fun activity or event, sure it would be a bus but more of a excursion type of action safari not a school bus from a to b

A soc owning a space ship would enable that soc to utilize this fantastic ship as a team and do these things. The list of amazing things that can be done to space, that has these ships do more than primarily be glorified busses, along with the ocassional few that do dropships, its so much potential gone to waste as it is now, or if left unchanged...
This. They have to cut this bullshit when it's not been working for this long and realize a change is needed to boost activity thoroughout the universe

I got to admit I really like your ideas in this thread Mika and you nailed it on the head too. It would help exploration of the galaxy that we enjoy; most of space isn't enjoyable for a large chunk of the player base. It seems to be more of a hindrance and I think if they fixed space then the ship owners would have way more possibilities than they could ever imagine!
One of the reasons I purchased a land area and not a ship is because I didn't want to be an Uber driver in EU. If they somehow make space more engaging and have reason to explore it would give more options than taxi service.

This wouldn't be the first failed space promise if they don't deliver :p

If they implement jumpgates similar to other games then these likely will function as focal points of pvp and therefor should be in lootable space (and if mindark is smart they will either reduce pvp cost or add mob loot to players and vehicles to remove the factor of 'economic immunity' from the equation).
Also these jumpgates dont have to lead straight to a target destination, they could put a whole 'pvp arena' system inbetween 2 jumpgates which you have tto pass to make it to another planet.
Jumpgates could be a replacement to the current warp gate points around the universe which are in their current form highly unbalanced.

That is what they will likely end up with, becoming a addition to the game that just doesnt add anything at all more than removing revenue from the Schoolbus drivers.

Which is whay i made the post to put light on it all including space ships and space. To not only make space, spaceship owners and open a door to a lot of possibilities, most and many wont see the light of dawn right away, but it would be a huge door to open where a lot of potential will just be ripe for the taking.

if space remains mostly lootable like now, it remains a hinderance mostly, pretty much everyone will seek to avoid at all costs unless absolutely necessary sadly.

Space could be so much more, as well as opening the game as a whole, create a thriving game where people are not necessarily locked.

Edit: Forgot to mention to you as well black would you not enjoy if you could suddenly take your mothersihp and hunt actuall beefy stuff in it? Dock it at space stations in both lootable and non lootable places to do both Uber and non uber content for equal rewards? Or possibly mine space asteroids, and do a hundred new things in space, and see space being a proper zone to enjoy for everyone and not just a select very few? of which even fewer of the already select few, actually bothers to do stuff there?

it would also mean that with all planets so easily accesible, planet owners would be forced to be on the ball more, as would MA, to attract players to go to, and stay at one place. if a planet is just one blink away, why should you stay where you are and not flock elsewere?

Looking at you cyrene... wheres my damn jellyworm pet already :(

That is what they will likely end up with, becoming a addition to the game that just doesnt add anything at all more than removing revenue from the Schoolbus drivers.

Which is whay i made the post to put light on it all including space ships and space. To not only make space, spaceship owners and open a door to a lot of possibilities, most and many wont see the light of dawn right away, but it would be a huge door to open where a lot of potential will just be ripe for the taking.

if space remains mostly lootable like now, it remains a hinderance mostly, pretty much everyone will seek to avoid at all costs unless absolutely necessary sadly.

Space could be so much more, as well as opening the game as a whole, create a thriving game where people are not necessarily locked.

Edit: Forgot to mention to you as well black would you not enjoy if you could suddenly take your mothersihp and hunt actuall beefy stuff in it? Dock it at space stations in both lootable and non lootable places to do both Uber and non uber content for equal rewards? Or possibly mine space asteroids, and do a hundred new things in space, and see space being a proper zone to enjoy for everyone and not just a select very few? of which even fewer of the already select few, actually bothers to do stuff there?

it would also mean that with all planets so easily accesible, planet owners would be forced to be on the ball more, as would MA, to attract players to go to, and stay at one place. if a planet is just one blink away, why should you stay where you are and not flock elsewere?

Looking at you cyrene... wheres my damn jellyworm pet already :(
I think you mix providing opportunities with taking away opportunities - opportunities usually are to be found when you go away from the mainstream not by running in the middle of the herd. Space in itself can be an opportunity if done right.
But i can already see the indications that this thread will have alot of posts of players who hope that jumpgates will someehow 'remove space' for them ;)

I think you mix providing opportunities with taking away opportunities - opportunities usually are to be found when you go away from the mainstream not by running in the middle of the herd. Space in itself can be an opportunity if done right.
But i can already see the indications that this thread will have alot of posts of players who hope that jumpgates will someehow 'remove space' for them ;)

How is space a place that gives a palyer any opertunities now? Like i said, it is for a select few, and even less than those again actually have the funds to do anything about it.

So sure, it is a oppertunity if you happen to have the funds. But i dont really care about a few already wealthy individuals wishes here and would much rather see the entire game, and all planet partners flourish both space side, and planet side as a result of opening space up to be a proper zone and not a massive hinderance.

Both are oppertunistic ways to look at it, just i choose to kind of scrap the one that in the long run hurts me, you all players, MA and planet partners most :p

if i'm wrong though please do enlighten us and feel free to talk about opertunities that space has, right now if left as it is. That would make the markets on all planets grow stronger as a result of more people roaming freely, hunting more varied, being allowed to interact with all planets, as well as the space things mentioned. What oppertunities per today, makes those oppertunities bad?

As well as what oppertunities, if space is left as a hinderance that it is today, remains so great that it would be beenficial for me, you, MA, and all planet partners as a result of more competition to keep players enganged on their respective worlds in form of needing to keep up events, and content? Leaning back isnt so much a possibility when you know that if you dont keep up, people will just leave your planet and go to Cyrene, oh cyrene isnt keeping up, but hey look arkadia suddenly sprung to life and is flourishing insanely! oh wait look at NI its doing even more good things now! That is stuff they can sort of rely not caring about right now as most average folk, remain "locked" to their planets, and traveling inbetween is a huge investement in money, planning and time that allows them to remain in my opinion "lazy".

NI is doing a great job with a lot of content, amazing event rewards, great comunications with the playerbase, interacting ingame, and on streams, being generally amazing. But we have migration so. guess ill not go there for another few weeks even if i want to, I just can't afford or care to investing my time to go there, its just not worth doing it. But with jumpgates, we could have had both. What in the current state of space lies there as oppertunities for people to freely do these things without changing space as it is today?

"providing opportunities with taking away opportunities" id wager you, wanting to keep a very restrict limit system a few select people can benefit from to be that more than me, wanting to open a pandoras box that would force all planet partners and MA to be on the ball with content for us, the players :p Unless oppertunity, is the wrong word to use in this context?

Even if they do "remove space" which I doubt, do you not think that MA won't capitalize on their newfound monopoly and charge a warp fee straight from your PED card?
I'm happy with current system, with a few refinements, and pay the odd 10-20 PED to my fellow players who provide a good service.

How is space a place that gives a palyer any opertunities now? Like i said, it is for a select few, and even less than those again actually have the funds to do anything about it.

So sure, it is a oppertunity if you happen to have the funds. But i dont really care about a few already wealthy individuals wishes here and would much rather see the entire game, and all planet partners flourish both space side, and planet side as a result of opening space up to be a proper zone and not a massive hinderance.

Both are oppertunistic ways to look at it, just i choose to kind of scrap the one that in the long run hurts me, you all players, MA and planet partners most :p

if i'm wrong though please do enlighten us and feel free to talk about opertunities that space has, right now if left as it is. That would make the markets on all planets grow stronger as a result of more people roaming freely, hunting more varied, being allowed to interact with all planets, as well as the space things mentioned. What oppertunities per today, makes those oppertunities bad?

As well as what oppertunities, if space is left as a hinderance that it is today, remains so great that it would be beenficial for me, you, MA, and all planet partners as a result of more competition to keep players enganged on their respective worlds in form of needing to keep up events, and content? Leaning back isnt so much a possibility when you know that if you dont keep up, people will just leave your planet and go to Cyrene, oh cyrene isnt keeping up, but hey look arkadia suddenly sprung to life and is flourishing insanely! oh wait look at NI its doing even more good things now! That is stuff they can sort of rely not caring about right now as most average folk, remain "locked" to their planets, and traveling inbetween is a huge investement in money, planning and time that allows them to remain in my opinion "lazy".

NI is doing a great job with a lot of content, amazing event rewards, great comunications with the playerbase, interacting ingame, and on streams, being generally amazing. But we have migration so. guess ill not go there for another few weeks even if i want to, I just can't afford or care to investing my time to go there, its just not worth doing it. But with jumpgates, we could have had both. What in the current state of space lies there as oppertunities for people to freely do these things without changing space as it is today?

"providing opportunities with taking away opportunities" id wager you, wanting to keep a very restrict limit system a few select people can benefit from to be that more than me, wanting to open a pandoras box that would force all planet partners and MA to be on the ball with content for us, the players :p Unless oppertunity, is the wrong word to use in this context?
You make sure that everyone can be everywhere all the time by cutting down travel times and travel efforts you will end up with a game where only the top hunters reap the benefits amoungst the herd of players because they will outperform the rest of the playerbase everywhere.
You make traveling difficult, take effort take time you create places of opportunity out of the mere fact that the top of the food chain cant be everywhere all the time and has to make choices.
You seem to think cheap and effort less travel benefits the noobs more then the top players - thats where you go wrong.

You make sure that everyone can be everywhere all the time by cutting down travel times and travel efforts you will end up with a game where only the top hunters reap the benefits amoungst the herd of players because they will outperform the rest of the playerbase everywhere.
You make traveling difficult, take effort take time you create places of opportunity out of the mere fact that the top of the food chain cant be everywhere all the time and has to make choices.
You seem to think cheap and effort less travel benefits the noobs more then the top players - thats where you go wrong.
For the top hunters it doesn't matter as it is now. A 20ped warp on a daily 30k cycle is nothing. 20ped for the one cycling 100-200ped is a lot and it's liming his gameplay. How would that player cycling 30k benefit more again? Your logic is flawed.

For the top hunters it doesn't matter as it is now. A 20ped warp on a daily 30k cycle is nothing. 20ped for the one cycling 100-200ped is a lot and it's liming his gameplay. How would that player cycling 30k benefit more again? Your logic is flawed.
With ToS Normandie warps are as cheap as 3ped and even less for longterm travelers eg subs/investors and there is plenty shared warp opportunites around the universe where one could organise a flight for a group of players and book a ship - money is not the limiting factor it usually is travel time and effort as many dont 'want' to organise/plan/etc.
I also never said that space was perfect - you can find suggestion towards mindark by myself and others on how to make space more meaningfull and better balanced from every year since they introduced it.
Also as Geo pointed out these are 'Jumpgates' not 'Stargates' so the whole point in hopingn for mindark to kick their concept of separation of planet partner economies down the toilet is mood - they will keep it just like they have for the past decade as it most likely is part of the contracts they have with their planet partners.
So not really a point to turn yet another thread into a 'improve space by removing it' argument rather then actually being contructive.

https://babylon5.fandom.com/wiki/Jumpgate

You may also want to check out jumpgates in eve online, players can even build/buy their own - https://everef.net/type/35841

And considering that the original entropia space concept was inspired by devs from studying/playing eve online (they even sold motherships as 'Titans of Space' eve term) it is likely that future inspiration will come from games that have had a working and proven jumpgate model for years.

Also as Geo pointed out these are 'Jumpgates' not 'Stargates' so the whole point in hopingn for mindark to kick their concept of separation of planet partner economies down the toilet is mood - they will keep it just like they have for the past decade as it most likely is part of the contracts they have with their planet partners.
It hasen't worked for a decade so continue doing the same shit that doesn't work for another seems like the best path forwards? I don't have more to say to this than LOL.

Again your logic is flawed and removing the cost of space travel will only benefit the normal or small time players. Ubers or high turnover players cycling 20-30k day won't notice that 20ped warp cost at all. Even a 3 ped cost (totally not comparable as you have to wait for a bus that MIGHT go) it's 3% of that low/mid level players cycle if he does 100ped a day. It's a huge cost only at the unrealistic cost of a low 3 ped.

there is plenty shared warp opportunites around the universe where one could organise a flight for a group of players and book a ship - money is not the limiting factor it usually is travel time and effort as many dont 'want' to organise/plan/etc.
Quoted myself for you minim since you clearly must have missed that part in my previous post or maybe you just ignored it so you could stick with your opinion - some people even make money organising flights for others while having no ship of their own ;)

Quoted myself for you minim since you clearly must have missed that part in my previous post or maybe you just ignored it so you could stick with your opinion - some people even make money organising flights for others while having no ship of their own ;)

I'm still waiting to hear about oppertunities or how it will negativly impact players by allowing players to explore and roam the full game without the hinderance of lootable pvp that takes 1-2 hours to get through. OR wait for a possible bus that may or may not run, if not paying up big.

as minim say, it will mean absolutely screw all to high lvl and uber lvl player. Infact if you wanna pull up that argument, the only players that benefit from the system how it is today, speaking in terms of just space and accesability to other planets. The single only population of the game, currently reaping any benefit, is is ubers and high level players. They are already "outperforming the rest of the playerbase, everywhere" as we speak right this instant.

it would however, for you, mean you'd have competition in more places. Because just like noobs, and low and mid lvl players, you'd now have competition with every other high level player having a way easier access to all events, and all planets. If that is not what you want say that.

BUT if we take away the hinderance of time investement and fund requirments taht would allow players to travel interplanetary on the same terms as high levels and ubers do, which means that it wont hurt your invested time, or pockets. A mid or low lvl player hell even noobs, could reap the benefits of exploration as well.

So what are you aiming at here, what benefit will a high level player suddenly reap that they don't already have a single rule domain over? :p It wont magically allow a high level player to do more new stuff, besides being able to more easily get from A to B just like Bob who started playing 2 days ago, who would also perhaps be able to part take in the migration for once, and then after go back to NI and sweat where he is most familiar.

Ill bite. Please read what i said, and stop reading what i say and purposfully interpret it as something else please, for the sake of a discussion that is not helpfull to either part.

I said that it would function as a stargate from .. stargate, you go in, pop out the other side. You know in how the shit works? :p We have no clue what MA thinks. I 'm aware of EVE online but never bothered playing it for more than a short time for various reasons. But its by far not the only game that has "jumpgates". But yeah like i said, ill bite, and ill give a equally sort of missinterpreted answer and say, I think it for sure will be jumpgates from Warhammer 40k we will see here, sending us through the Warp and we will end up in a totally new dimension alltogether.

That would be to assume that both a high level player like yourself, and bob who started playing on arkadia yesterday, are cappable of doing the exact same thing, has the same amount of skill, can use the same tools right now, and yield the exact same results and its just a matter of being somewhere first. which is not the case is it.

With ToS Normandie warps are as cheap as 3ped and even less for longterm travelers eg subs/investors and there is plenty shared warp opportunites around the universe where one could organise a flight for a group of players and book a ship - money is not the limiting factor it usually is travel time and effort as many dont 'want' to organise/plan/etc.
I also never said that space was perfect - you can find suggestion towards mindark by myself and others on how to make space more meaningfull and better balanced from every year since they introduced it.
So not really a point to turn yet another thread into a 'improve space by removing it' argument rather then actually being contructive.

https://babylon5.fandom.com/wiki/Jumpgate

You may also want to check out jumpgates in eve online, players can even build/buy their own - https://everef.net/type/35841

And considering that the original entropia space concept was inspired by devs from studying/playing eve online (they even sold motherships as 'Titans of Space' eve term) it is likely that future inspiration will come from games that have had a working and proven jumpgate model for years.

3 ped is a piss in the ocean for most players, myself included, but 3 ped, warp, will you be anywhere on a whim, and warp someone on a whim, for 3 ped? and 3 ped only? no, no you wont. Warps cost money to run, and if all you got were 3 ped, you'd not be making a lot of bank. Given if you did that, 3 ped, speed pickup anywhere at any moment, then i applaud you for doing a fantastic service. I'll add you to friends later because that, is a offer no one should refuse :p But what i'm not interested in is inventin in schoolbuses incoporate and pay for stuff i should not need pay for. I can see your point of wanting to keep Schoolbus incporoate being in business, which is why in my OP i did adress that very issue where there could still be ideas, and i even gave some, that would require a players warp service. But i guess you missed that one too.

And again no, planets would not crash, from this. it would if anything open up a lot of peds going around, not just to MA, but to the other planets as well.

See where i wrote about other planets requiring time investements and what not? You might have a lot of shiny toys to drag around everywhere, but if bob goes to cyrene, and bob does not have shiny toys. bob needs to plan ahead and most likely have to empty the caly auction in (L) items he needs such as guns or maybe even amps, just to be on a different planet to hunt for a prolonged time. But if we do as i sugested, bob could go to Caly, buy a gun, go back to arkadia and hunt again. Suddenly we create revenue for 2 planets at the same time, crazy i know.

But hey shop owners can also expand, we got big malls on NI, imagine if we have actuall competition there too, no need to pay 10% over MU just because your stuck on a different planet anymore, and have to buy a gun or item WAY under your level just because you're shit outta luck. Competiton, a flourishing market that has players able to roam around, expand markets, create more peds spend, more hunting grounds get hunted on, more planets suddenly become very interesting because you can hunt MU on arkadia for a few hours? it sucked, well go try NI why not. whereas now if you're on arkadia? oh it sucks, well either hope for a bus, or pay someone 40 ped to speed drop you to NI ... oh that sucked too, another 40 ped to Cyrene, oh it was bad there too? oh look its because of the migration literally no one is elsewhere... rip 40 ped back to caly. Sure you can fly, manually, which would be if you started on arkadia, about 1.5 hours to NI, another 1.5 to cyrene, and then another hour to caly. almost 4 hours gone.

I didn't miss it but you didn't answer my whole post and I wasn't interesting in your promotion post so I quote what had a bit of relevance. Your quote there had nothing to do with my statement of your logic beeing way off with removal of the cost benefiting ubers/high rollers and not normal players.

I think for MA, the thought of what it means for ubers, small players, investors, play style etc. doesnt matter at all.

MAs vision for entropia UNIVERSE is that they provide a platform, that other companies can build in. Like a sandbox for a sandbox. And for that vision, space needs to divide those planets. Yes Caly is owned by MA, and they dance around this with a Calypso team or something. But MA wants to be a company providing a universe, the big sandbox. And Team Calypso wants to make money too. "Removing" space as a hurdle, would hurt calypso. (I think, maybe thats speculation but it feels right). So reallyyyyy MA has 2 good reasons to keep it as it is and I dont think its any of the ones you guys talk about.

So in the end, it doesnt matter how much money people have invested into space, how many people would like to explore other planets or what have you. At least to ME, it seems like they follow their vision for their universe.

But yeah, ofc I personally would like to travel around the game for free and do what ever I want without having to pay for transportation or wait for someone. But I dont think its gonna happen cuz its an integral part of this game.

There is places in this game that are restricted, which you have to unlock first and therefor limit the amount of players who can or will want to go to them yet provide great mu for those who know what to look out for or simply are willing to work hard in those places to be successfull. Places like Molochs Depths, Cyclops Depths, The Hive, the gorgon, special instances on monria,toulan and arkadia, epic mission chains on cyrene, mindkey on rocktropia - all of this resembles a way of making it hard for players to 'get there' and in consequence creates opportunities.
(If at all it should require more effort to get to other planets / star systems rather then less and yes that includes me.)

Whereas any open competition like migration your welcome to name the number of low to midlvl hunters who pull good reliable mu that allows to profit now that boxes are gone - the open events are either luck or 'top of the food chain eats'.
I have personally leveled up in remote places avoiding direct competition with the top hunters most of the time and even nowadays i still seek out my own places rather then to run with everyone else. And i know that what worked for me can work for others if they are willing to be smart about it instead of playing for luck and swirls while blaming the universe for being though on them.

Entropia UE5 should provide opportunities for everyone, the last thing we should do is invent ways that will prevent that by reducing the size and versatility of the universe to a one armed bandit - we really have already to much functionality in the press of a single button.

Let's face it .. Ubers owning motherships are against it because .. no further explanation needed..

I personally think they somewhat got space right for a while and then dropped intresst in develiping it.
UE5 might be the solution to a wider... and more feature rich space like some expect.
I do think if they change the soul of space then it's not entropia's space anymore it's "that next game that MindArk released".
I think alot of features in the game that need to be redone but some needs to stay to preserve the spirit of the game.

I’m sure if it is a thing Mindark will charge 40-50 ped to warp from one planet to the next or it’ll be based on distance between planets.

so for times that there’s no mother ships on or their busy or time zone differences you can pay Mindark to warp you instead of waiting around waiting for a mothership.

There’s absolutely a place for both in the game

Back