suggestion for space

sostoned

Provider
so stoney stoned
since the latest scam of summoning people and rob them i thought about a new space system. The old system seems to be a train wreck. Here it is.

Make space huge, make transport tubes in it to all planets, travelling time 1 to 2 hours.

Make it non lootable pvp and make some pvp4 areas, just like on planets, contaminated

get some nice cool mobs in there

further, split up economies by local loot. No use to transport stuff in space if planets have local loot and no interfearance in between economies.

this scenario is far from complete but solves 2 huge problems: splitting economies and getting killed by mothership and privateer owners:).

the warp capable ships will save time. imo it will give more work for warp capable ship owners. People hate to waste time in space.

so imo its not needed to have people fear to be pirated. Its psychological not allright to do this in a real money game.

if someone has some bright ideas to give a good alternative for the lootable space, be very welcome.

Why on earth would the travel speed matter, if there is no pvp4 there?

Just to suck up our own gaming time? Sounds like something Blizzard would do..

If it is a "cost" of 2 hours quad you want to achieve, instead MA could just make quads drain more oil while in space, leave us our 1-2 hours to game, not to travel in a non-hostile-timewaste-space-sandbox :D

Why on earth would the travel speed matter, if there is no pvp4 there?

Just to suck up our own gaming time? Sounds like something Blizzard would do..

If it is a "cost" of 2 hours quad you want to achieve, instead MA could just make quads drain more oil while in space, leave us our 1-2 hours to game, not to travel in a non-hostile-timewaste-space-sandbox :D

Well, the idea here would be for the planets' economy plus owners of warp services would gain a lot here having space larger. This would be a win win for all really. Just making it cost more to go to one place to the other really wouldn't help much.

there are only a few bugs that need sorted.

also keep in mind not every warp capable ship owner wants to kill and loot you.
it's mostly quad owners that do.
and its not scary to travel in space , the only thing is that if you like to go with a quad to travel from planet to planet it might turn out dangerous.

instead if that when people have a few ped extra at the side for a pilot they can travel safe.

to hire a quad pilot you mostly end up paying 8 ped for planetary space flight. (long long fly time)
while only 30 for a VIP flight with EFA pilots. (a few minutes)
so I don't really think change is needed , though distance between planets may get a bit larger (but only saying this so more travelers will use warp flight pilots)

and yes I know what you think ...
but keep in mind if more people make use of the good pilots EFA :yay: then prices can get lowered aswell because travel costs can then be split between travelers.
and this might end up that you only need to pay like really small amounts far lower then quads would cost you.

just explaining traveling space does not have to be so difficult nor expansive.

this scenario is far from complete but solves 2 huge problems: splitting economies and getting killed by mothership and privateer owners:).

First of, no fcking way more economy splitting shit. Just because I don't want to be forced to contribute to some freaking Next Island planet, which has no theme, no business plan, nothing worth to see, no new ideas = it has nothing what I want to "buy". Second, these things what you pointed out aren't even problems.

Maybe give Quads and Sleipnirs a limited fuel tank capacity vs the current, essentially, infinite capacity. Honestly, I don't know if there is a maximum amount vehicles can hold or not but the really odd thing to me is that there is no speed or weight penalty for having 10k peds of fuel onboard vs 100 peds of fuel. Handy if you want to move a bunch of oil between planets though.

Oh yeah and maybe make leaving the planet going into space cost fuel. This seems realistic to me. And of course inertia seems to be malfunctioning in space as well. If i let off the throttle in my Sleipnir it stops, there appears to be no drift of forward inertia / momentum.

Last edited:
Maybe give Quads and Sleipnirs a limited fuel tank capacity vs the current, essentially, infinite capacity.

Oh yeah and maybe make leaving the planet going into space cost fuel.

the fuel Capacity is fine the way it is.... no need to change something that's not broken.

and noo need to make it cost more to goto or leave space, thats what the thruster burn is for.

space has enough issues already that they need to fix... how about starting with the pilot and other skills meaning something other than just a HP boost. Maybe take control of the alts farming said skills to sell... turning down the roar of the quads a few decibels... fixing synch bugs that keep the dogfights unfair... fixing speed, and target hacks.... maybe adding software to detect hardware that cheats the system <programmable mice where 1 click does 5 functions>..... there are many many other things MA needs to fix before they start changing things

clarification

splitting economies and getting killed by mothership and privateer owners.

this was meant to be to mindark.

We know space have to be lootable because of the planets economies and because MS and privateer owners would be mad because their investment would be worth shit with no lootable space.

were not gonna change that. I just thought of a system that would fit these problems that mindark has.

nothing wrong with MS or privateer owners, it was ment to be funnie.

Back