Help: Suggestion for starting Stamina

Lardinho

Prowler
Society
Rising Potentials
Matt Lardinho Palmer
Hello,

after reading a post on another official Entropia based forum from a newbie which basically spells out some of the glaring issues of the game that, after 5 years of saying the same, I won't go over.

However a different thing, not the usual 'unfairness' rants about the players at the start having a severely different curve of agility improvement that was never balanced with newer players but a very simple point, which would take almost infant school standard of programming to achieve, is the point of Stamina.

We all know that avatars made before and after a certain date started with 1 or 9 stamina. Seeing as stamina is one of the base stats which actually does do something (although there's much conjecture and theory on hidden uses of this stat as well as stated), it really would be nice if you simply gave the missing 8 Stamina to all those accounts which started with 1 stamina and for once have everyone happy on this point.

All would be fair, would be simple to do and would be one of those dreadful "serisouly, this should not be happening in a game with this much money in it" issues of which there are a number already.

Just to say though, on this note, you guys did take notice of the demand to sort out the relogging issue with the friend list and now its awesome. Many other things done in the last 6 months since I returned in December (as did 4 other players in my Soc who so far have stayed) have also rocked. Its nice to see things happening. Pleeeeease can we address the ridiculous situation over the stamina, though. Things like this really shouldn't be happening in a game of this age!

Thanks for your time,

Matt Lardinho Palmer

P.S. Please re-add Turps ! (also can we have Traeskeron texture bps and some Feffox texture bps (^-^;b))

Better idea still? Just implement a way for folks to slowly gain Stamina through a natural skilling process. That way Stamina is not a measure of who did what missions before which planet partners changed the reward.

I would love to see my stamina boosted. I've done a few 10k missions on Caly and my stamina is equal to old players who have finished none.

I know those old players will say they deserve it for supporting the game for longer etc etc etc :wise: But I've supported the game through cycling peds and finishing 10k missions.

On a side note ----- I'd love to see a dev note explaining the importance of all attributes please! Thanks.

If they give you the stamina points asked for it's only fair they take away benefits that you got that other stamina group did not. This could mean a reduction of your total skills by e.g. 30% since it's easier to skill up in early life of an avatar after the stamina change. At least that's my understanding.

So would you be ready to exchange your total skills for the extra stamina points?

you had to join the game before 2007 i believe to get that Sta + i know i started at 9 sta and started in 2006, just how it works....... you know when you start a business in the real world copying another persons idea? a unique food industry or clothing line in some sense you don't get the same benefits you did unless you started at the same time / or before them?

ya
welcome to a virtual world with a virtual economy that is strong and we can grow together but understand time and persistent is key to get your goals...

I won't mind if those who came later get +8 stamina if I'll be able to put A106 on Opalo. For teh great fairness.

One way I think this could work would be to give all the new 1 stamina players the option to convert any 800 Attribute Tokens into Stamina Tokens.

That way we could gain the missing Stamina, but no-one would be able to complain that we got it for "free".

I'd like to have my agility adjusted based on how it worked before I started playing (or shortly thereafter) where you could get to 100+ agility in like a year of heavy play. I'd also like to go back and loot shadow parts and other nice items and autoclick an uber fap overnight with mobs on me to gain incredible amounts of defense and medical skills.

Unless that happens I'm not too willing to give up my measly +8 points of stamina over newer avatars. :tongue3:

We all know that avatars made before and after a certain date started with 1 or 9 stamina.

In case you didn't notice.

New players that start today didn't lost only those 8 points.

There were 2 easy missions that gave stamina that aren't available anymore

And several other missions that gave stamina no longer reward that.

Unfair maybe but that's life

but the truth is

it isn't in Mindark best interest to not reward their early adopters like they did
(it's a process that still is going on)

If they give you the stamina points asked for it's only fair they take away benefits that you got that other stamina group did not. This could mean a reduction of your total skills by e.g. 30% since it's easier to skill up in early life of an avatar after the stamina change. At least that's my understanding.

So would you be ready to exchange your total skills for the extra stamina points?

Yes and they should be forced to use unl old school weapons for a few years with old stats. And gamebryo, project entropia

errrr

.....Spawn goes off to make a new account with 1 stamina...

I started playing EU in late 2010 so I have only 1 stamina too. I don't mind that there's a gap can never be filled between me and those old players who start with 9 stamina as long as Mindark stop saying all avatar are created equal.

If you have an issue with the speed of skills at some point during the life of Entropia Universe, that's coo and should be addressed in a thread all to its own. You may not be the only one who feels this is the case.

This is just about Stamina though, no other issue involved or added or looked over or excluded, included or rubbed with a big dog's cock. Just Stamina.

P.S. George, when I saw your stamina the other day, I got wood. Just saying.

Threads like this belong in the Suggestions/Wishlist forum, not Dev's Corner, as explained in the Dev's Corner Forum Guidelines:

Thread title edited to reflect the actual topic.

Thanks, changed forum fair enough, but the new thread title is bollocks. I don't want it to be another 'suggestion' file that is looked over like its some tedious whim. I specifically want Kim, who does seem to give a shit about what the players think, to have a look at it.

Unless your planning on bedding one of the female avatars, then there's not much use for the extra stamina.

ok you can carry more weight, but most of the female avatars are pretty skinny in EU.

rick

It's quite funny really, the not entirely supportive replies in this thread just highlight how many other 'issues' there are with MA and past dealings that people say they've forgotten about and will now mention they only brought up 'in reponse' to this thread and otherwise never would have thought of and dwelt over again.

All other issues aside, plus the nonsensical attempts relating business practise or anything else to this situation. Its just a simple thing, for a stat that moves as little as stamina does. Just give those who started with 1, 8 more than they currently have. Not even suggesting that they allow those who didn't get the chance to do stamina missions that are now not there, to have the option to choose stamina instead of a useless stat in some other iron challenge to make up for it. Just a +8 to the accounts that started with 1 stamina.

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally fancy some really fizzy soda water, ice cold, in a glass with some pure unadulterated Ribena.

Unless your planning on bedding one of the female avatars, then there's not much use for the extra stamina.

ok you can carry more weight, but most of the female avatars are pretty skinny in EU.

rick

ok I'll be a bit more serious. :D

MA have stated in the past....no I correct that. Caly development team have stated in the past that attributes do little and that skills matter more.

I'm not sure if we believe that or not, but that is what was stated (regardless if they had a use and now don't), there's an argument to say that maybe MA are attempting to limit how many we aquire after the mission changes. But why would that be?

Personally I think MA have drawn a line under attributes now, a lot of time and effort was put into the new rewards. They have given us the opportunity to gain more, and every planet has the ability to issue (to a limited number) attribute rewards.

I can not see MA changing the way Stamina is gained, they seem very protective of this attribute.

Rather than debate the rights and wrongs of it, I say focus on collecting as much as you can if you think they are valuable.

Why?...becasue thats all you can do.

Rick

Thanks, changed forum fair enough, but the new thread title is bollocks. I don't want it to be another 'suggestion' file that is looked over like its some tedious whim. I specifically want Kim, who does seem to give a shit about what the players think, to have a look at it.

So does everyone else. You ain't any special so get used to the same rules.

If you have an issue with the speed of skills at some point during the life of Entropia Universe, ...

This is just about Stamina though, no other issue involved ...

I have no issue with speed of skills. I was merely pointing out during the stamina change there were other changes which are related to that change. It doesn't make any logical sense to me to ignore those changes since they are directly linked.

rick

well fuck my eye, you know full well its all about teh poon!

Does stamina really affect carried weight? I thought that was strength?

Strength affects weight carried limits, not stamina. Stamina just gives a little hp and maybe bragging rights.

I have no issue with speed of skills. I was merely pointing out during the stamina change there were other changes which are related to that change. It doesn't make any logical sense to me to ignore those changes since they are directly linked.

So it was done at the same time as like almost a response to one being lowered and the rate increasing? My bad then, tbh though, yes I'd like my skills lowered in accordance and Stamina increased to 9. I can gain skills through skills through skilling, I can't gain those 8 stamina elsewhere though. Or the other stamina they removed more recently from the quests.

People starting the game in 6 months might well start with 15 stamina, 6 months after that -20 stamina. I'm going to take a puff on my electric cigarette now -_-;;

So it was done at the same time as like almost a response to one being lowered and the rate increasing?

In the early days with the available weapons at that time, it could take a year plus to get 1000 points in any skill. These days you can bash out 0 - 1000 points in a weekend, with a bit of effort. Although sticking that 1000 points on an ESI might be worth less (i don't know).

So to improve new starter retention, and help with avatar attachment, MA changed the speed of skill gain for new starters. There're always under the hood adjustments though, most we would never hear about.

I've learnt over the years with skills changes it really is not worth getting upset about. I was very attached with attributes at one time especially pre mission rewards. Attributes were almost a God like measure of your commitment to the game, these days you can't tell what is natural and what is gained from grinding, even so all attributes are 'earned' in some form.

Melee used to give tons of agility (as well as strength), especially powerfists, not so much now.

So the beast is always changing....don't worry about it, it's just not worth getting stressed about.

Keep puffing away.

Rick

Thread titles directed at Planet Calypso or Mindark staff are not permitted, which is another reason that the title was edited.

If your goal is to contact the Calypso/Mindark developers directly and receive a response to your suggestion/idea/issue/bug/complaint/compliment/whatever, then you should utilize the official support channel on the Planet Calypso (or Mindark) website.

The primary purpose of this website (PCF) is for participants of EU/Calypso to share information and experiences. PCF is not a support forum, even if Calypso/Mindark staff are active here.

I would love to get +8 stamina or have it unlocked so we can skill it. Unlocked would be my preferred choice. +Rep for a good thread.

Not really worth fiddling with unless they make it do something, too, IMO. As it is now it just gives a little health.

Better idea still? Just implement a way for folks to slowly gain Stamina through a natural skilling process. That way Stamina is not a measure of who did what missions before which planet partners changed the reward.

I like this one.. to simply get stamina would truly be unfair, but to actually get the chance to gain stamina in other ways than to grind through specific missions would be nice.

Back