Suggestions for MA

Do you agree MA needs to make changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grampa

Provider
Kar Caswell
Since my last post was closed due to lack of constructive criticisms here are some legitimate suggestions for MA

1) Make the game enjoyable again by doing some of the following:

HUNTING

Reduce the amount of damage it now takes to kill each critter. New players can not kill many animals because it takes too long to do it and their hp is not high enough to last that long. It used to take 6 shots with a 400 to kill a young mollisk and now takes 17. While it might make MA more money in ammo costs and save the loot expense it means we run out of money sooner and can't play as much.

No-loot kills should be no more than 1 in 3. Yesterday I was getting 8+ no-loots for every kill I got loot for.

If ammo is included in loot it should be the same kind of ammo the player used to get the kill. This will allow players to have longer hunts.

There should be a continuous fire function on all weapons. (MA makes more money too)

Some limited weapons do seem to be lasting longer

CRAFTING

When crafting more bps should be dropped and they should always be of a higher level than the one being used. This will allow crafters be constantly raising the level of the items they want to craft. Please stop using items that are never seen in auction to make new products.

Globals used to be over 100 ped as a rule. now they are 55 ped as a rule. There should also be more items as loot instead of always getting animal oil or something else that is only TT food.

There should also be a lot more globals when crafting as it is so expensive to do.

MINING

Mining claims should last a minimum of 6 hours. This allows miners to block search an area without losing the starting claims.

When mining finders are equipped and map selected it should show the area that the particular finder you are using will search. It would allow for more planned mining (MA makes more money too)

Make mining amps last longer. An OA103 now only lasts long enough for 41 drops where it used to last for several hours before. Also OA amps are used up 3 times as fast as MA

MISC

Skills should be easier to get so levels build up faster. This allows players to upgrade their weapons etc more often (MA makes more money too)

All beacons should have a global in the boxes somewhere that drops something unique such as a decent gun or armor piece. The beacons are great fun for socs events but if there is no decent return it makes it hard to do them

Apartments should be able to hold more than 120 items. This will allow players to really decorate their apartments better (MA makes more money too)

TP chips of a certain level (minor and up) should allow player to tp direct to their apartment and back to last location. This should also work on CND and CP.

SOCETIES

Societies should be able to have soc events where all loot goes to one person for distribution. This function has disappeared in one of the VUs

There should be more LAs and societies should only be allowed to own 2 at a time. Each LA should come with a storekeeper so soc can load up Revival area with more ammo, bombs, etc Owners of LA should be able to specify what items they want dropped as loot and possibly where they are located.

On the anniversary of a player's start date they should receive something like a belt with something like a dagger hanging from it. Each year they could be given a new item to hang from the belts. These would have no weight and be purely decorative. It could also open a new Guild of crafting. This could be extended to sashes, and all sorts of other items (MA makes more money too)

All armor should be colorable and makeup colors should be allowed for decorating them. This could even open a new Guild for Blacksmithing (MA makes more money too)

Any and all of these suggestions would help make the game more enjoyable again and if you notice MA makes more money and we get to play longer and better for the money we spend.

I voted yes but sadly most of your suggestions probably don't go with their goals with this game.

The mining one by the way would make alot of sense. No reason for a resource to expire as fast as they do.

I wish u was Santa couse u're soo good!
but u know I don't dream anymore and spend my life on ground

Reduce the amount of damage it now takes to kill each critter.
No-loot kills should be no more than 1 in 3.
This would mean taht when you get loot you would get a lot less than you do now - the total would still be the same for the same outlay - is this really what you want? 2 pec here, 3 pec there?

When crafting more bps should be dropped and they should always be of a higher level than the one being used.
How would we get the level 1 bps that are not in tt?
When you say "more" do you mean bps for more things? - I agree with that, the more variety in the game the better.
Or do you mean a greater chance of one of the existing bps? This would make it more difficult to make a profit by selling (L) bps, though as I do not have any I would approve of that :)

Most of you other suggestions are pretty good though :)

sadly all this will never happen

You poll doesn't have enough options I'm afraid :(

Yes, I think MA needs to make changes; but no, I don't agree with yours, at least not all of them.

I do agree, that no loots should be decreased for certain mobs (even if at the cost of average loot value) It's damn disheartening to kill 3 Longu prowlers in a row and get 3 no loots :(.

The rest of your post seems really as if you are asking MA to change stuff so you can profit

hmm

I dont think anything of this will happen before CE2. And I dont think most of this will ever happen... Ideas are good but they lead to 1 thing: MA loosing money.. and this will never happen!

Rule # 19
Addressing MindArk directly in thread titles is NOT allowed.
;)

also, your post is NOT really thought through...

No-loot kills should be no more than 1 in 3. Yesterday I was getting 8+ no-loots for every kill I got loot for.

that would mean getting more SMALLER loots...

If ammo is included in loot it should be the same kind of ammo the player used to get the kill. This will allow players to have longer hunts.

some people use different types of ammo (have several guns) + it would create lag...

Mining claims should last a minimum of 6 hours. This allows miners to block search an area without losing the starting claims.

that would probably create lag, as more claims would be everywhere (it adds up)

When mining finders are equipped and map selected it should show the area that the particular finder you are using will search. It would allow for more planned mining (MA makes more money too)

how the h- would MA make more money from that? :confused:

Skills should be easier to get so levels build up faster. This allows players to upgrade their weapons etc more often (MA makes more money too)

skill market would crash...

Apartments should be able to hold more than 120 items. This will allow players to really decorate their apartments better (MA makes more money too)

how would MA make more money from that? most apartments are (from what I know) used for storage, and that would mean that people wouldnt have to own as many apartments...
maybe a "120 items + 40 furniture" rule could be introduced instead?

Societies should be able to have soc events where all loot goes to one person for distribution. This function has disappeared in one of the VUs

this function was removed because of lootable PvP abuse...

All armor should be colorable and makeup colors should be allowed for decorating them.

no! all armors has unique colors/patterns and this would only allow people to copy high-end armors to look uber! :rolleyes:

Ok, sorry about the double post, but some of these suggestions are just so ludicrous I just had to say a bit more :scratch2:

Reduce the amount of damage it now takes to kill each critter. New players can not kill many animals because it takes too long to do it and their hp is not high enough to last that long. It used to take 6 shots with a 400 to kill a young mollisk and now takes 17. While it might make MA more money in ammo costs and save the loot expense it means we run out of money sooner and can't play as much.

As mentioned by someone above, that would mean less loot, and there are plenty of things you can still kill with 6 shots.

Agreed, it's totally out of hand, I got 27 no-looters in a row the other day on midlevel gradis :mad: But you do realise that MA will have have to reduce the average loot per kill to achieve this?

Fine, if that floats your boat. All this will really achieve in the long run though, is that players will lose more money per hunt

There should be a continuous fire function on all weapons. (MA makes more money too)

Maybe, never personally felt the need for it though

When crafting more bps should be dropped and they should always be of a higher level than the one being used. This will allow crafters be constantly raising the level of the items they want to craft. Please stop using items that are never seen in auction to make new products.
Ummm, ok, these 2 requests are mutually exclusive. BP's get rarer the higher level they are (generally speaking), so as you level up, your BP drops would decrease untill eventually you get none. No thanks.

Globals used to be over 100 ped as a rule. now they are 55 ped as a rule. There should also be more items as loot instead of always getting animal oil or something else that is only TT food.
My last 3 globals were all over 100 ped. According to Tracker, my average global value is 118 ped (never had a HoF). Maybe you're just unlucky?

There should also be a lot more globals when crafting as it is so expensive to do.
You realise that for one person to profit, another must lose? Increasing globals will not change anything, it will just speed up the movement of peds within the system.

Fair enough, although I've never had a problem with claims expiring

Download NRF

Make mining amps last longer. An OA103 now only lasts long enough for 41 drops where it used to last for several hours before. Also OA amps are used up 3 times as fast as MA

Buy 2, and umm, no: OA's are used up 2x as fast as MA's

All beacons should have a global in the boxes somewhere that drops something unique such as a decent gun or armor piece. The beacons are great fun for socs events but if there is no decent return it makes it hard to do them

You want a unique item on every beacon? Besides, the return on a beacon is determined by how much u payed for it. Maybe we are paying too much?

Agreed

TP chips of a certain level (minor and up) should allow player to tp direct to their apartment and back to last location. This should also work on CND and CP.
And watch hangars become TT-food

Owners of LA should be able to specify what items they want dropped as loot and possibly where they are located.

Ok, I'd like my snables to drop Shadow, Eon, and maybe the occaisonal shopkeeper too.

On the anniversary of a player's start date they should receive something like a belt with something like a dagger hanging from it. Each year they could be given a new item to hang from the belts. These would have no weight and be purely decorative.

This is quite a nice idea :)

All armor should be colorable and makeup colors should be allowed for decorating them. This could even open a new Guild for Blacksmithing (MA makes more money too)

Also, could work

Sorry if my post seems snotty, but some of these ideas just don't make sense

Bah! Nighthawk beat me to it :laugh:

Reduce the amount of damage it now takes to kill each critter. New players can not kill many animals because it takes too long to do it and their hp is not high enough to last that long.

I disagree. New players can hunt 10 to 20 mobs. As a middle player I regularly hunt my 5 favourite mobs and it is fine.

It used to take 6 shots with a 400 to kill a young mollisk and now takes 17.

Wow. I used to hunt Youngs with M3a, now I use UL1, and do not have such problems. Do you miss often?

It happens to every hunters and that's life. A good hunter will recognize a bad hunt session and will stop wasting PEDs. It is your choice to keep shooting when you are down of the cycle and feeding the loot-pool.

I disagree. I actually dislike the ammos in loot, which makes hunters spend more than what they planned.

I disagree. Hunting is not very exhausting at the moment since we have auto-aim. If we have auto-fire as well, where is the fun?

Hmmmmmmmm... More items in loot and items will become TT food. Do you collect FAP-10 or do you TT them?

On the anniversary of a player's start date they should receive something like a belt with something like a dagger hanging from it. Each year they could be given a new item to hang from the belts. These would have no weight and be purely decorative. It could also open a new Guild of crafting. This could be extended to sashes, and all sorts of other items (MA makes more money too)

I disagree. This would encourage multiple accounts.

I disagree. Let me remind you that we pay a tax when equipping clothes or armors. This tax was introduced whith textures etc. MA is currenlty not able to afford current workload on servers. Colored armors will return in more lag or in more tax or both.

Any and all of these suggestions would help make the game more enjoyable again and if you notice MA makes more money and we get to play longer and better for the money we spend.

I voted no. ;)

I'm only familiar with the hunting part, as I enjoy it the most.
I voted no, for the following reasons.

Since my last post was closed due to lack of constructive criticisms here are some legitimate suggestions for MA

1) Make the game enjoyable again by doing some of the following:

HUNTING

I do think there's still enough variation in mobs and the current weapons to kill them. Esspecially those new weapons enable people to skill faster and and have more dps, therefor the amount of health doesn't matter that much anymore.
If I remember correct: MA only makes money on decay, not the ammo costs.
The point that we run out of peds sooner is only related to the returns you get and the selfcontrol to move on when loot is bad.
I would agree that the current minimum return is sometimes discouraging.

I also have a warehouse full of those yellow lined no loots. ;)
Although it may seem annoying, the results are higher loots on the rest of your mobs (more globals and somehow I do like globals).
The no loots however are not related to the returns you have in loot.

This is one, where everyone could have his/her own opinion about.
For me It doesn't really matter though, because I plan my hunt (enough ammo) till my amp is broken. I won't use more ammo and therefor, I never use the looted ammo.

Sorry, but this is a big no no for me. At least not enabled as standard.
If, due lagg or connection lost, I would continue firing and spit out 5 ped ammo....... Lets say that I would be less than happy and more than furious ;)

I can't comment on the other professions, but this is how I feel about the hunting part. I hope you see my points.

Gl and most of all, have fun.
Rap

Reduce the amount of damage it now takes to kill each critter.
No, there is not more fun if killing a mob isn´t challanging.

New players can not kill many animals because it takes too long to do it and their hp is not high enough to last that long. It used to take 6 shots with a 400 to kill a young mollisk and now takes 17. While it might make MA more money in ammo costs and save the loot expense it means we run out of money sooner and can't play as much.
There is enough noobs can kill. Even some modified mobs can be done with unamped opallo (f.e combibo)!
Higher HP or fast regeneration results in higher average loot (TT sided). MA saves nothing!

EU is dynamic, if there are not enough NoLooters we won´t see any ATHs in future.

... and allows the player to have more decay at weapon amps and armor and less to sell when coming back into a city. What do you really want? Thought your point above is that hunting is to expencive.

No, its just lame!

Some limited weapons do seem to be lasting longer
Buy two of them and it last longer, I don´t see the problem that my weapons are burned out to fast, its more likely that all my amps broke and force me to go to repair terminal ;)

Don´t see your point here!

Animal Oils in crafting globals, never got that!
Actually lowest gloabal is 50 not 55!
To get full TT items use residue.
Crafting system is fine, but would apreciate an craft all button so I don´t have to use autoclicking software to save my health.

Have you ever crafted next to an UBER crafter clicking amps on a maxed out BP ???? More globals ???????
Damn there there are crafters out there spamming globals like mad !!!

Very anoying for other miners and hunters that stumble over unmined claims all the time. Its good how it is! So NO to 6h claims!
Big Claims always last longer, so no problem at all.

Experienced miners can do that without using the map. Just check iteminfo and you will know the circle you search through with every click. The rest can be done by using the P key and a little counting/math ;)

And again I have to say it, buy more than one and it lasts longer!

Use SIB weapons and you will go up faster.
There is a point where it gets hard to improve, its upper mid level to UBER.
Don´t think MA will ever change skill nerve back ;)
BTW MA introduced more SIB weapons for this upper mid levels lately, so obviously MA has already noticed this problem and offers something to skill faster at that point!

Why should something with an TT value of 23 PED have a guranteed return of 50+ PED TT value. Do you want to bankrupt MA ?

YES, and not only appartments, the shops need more itempoints, too!

There is already the TP home function at LVL3+ TP chips.
Back to latest position would be fine, but don´t think MA will every introduce this.

Use Looter takes all, and only one person loots all the time and you got what you want.
The Leader Takes All loot order was removed due to several exploits (PvP Loot, CND Loot). Discussed in many other threads, and I am absolutely sure it will never come back.

There should be more LAs and societies should only be allowed to own 2 at a time.
More LAs would be fine and surely will come in the future.
NO to the limit!!! There are already people owning more than two LAs and the income from only 2 LAs divided to a complete soc, isn´t very much. Obviously you never owned a LA, so you can´t know what income is produced due to LAs.

Each LA should come with a storekeeper so soc can load up Revival area with more ammo, bombs, etc Owners of LA should be able to specify what items they want dropped as loot and possibly where they are located.
MM and ModFAP alocated to Longu Stalkers at my OLA, go out hunt like mad untill it drops, remove MM and ModFAP from this list, and hey I am damn rich now ;)
NOOOOOOO never !!!!!
You should use your brain a little more befor posting such bullshit! That would be an invitation to do big style exploits!

Nice but kind of useless, anyway birthday gifts handed out by MA would be very nice! Other companys spread birthday gifts to their customers, too. MA could learn from them.

Yeah colorable armor would be nice.

Summary:
Most of your ideas are kind of lame, so I say NO!
There is surley need of some changes and changes happen every VU.
Many other ideas are posted about this and some are really nice.
Generally I would prefer MA solves some bug problems first hand, and finishes the CE2 thing. After that we may talk about other improvements.

EU is dynamic, if there are not enough NoLooters we won´t see any ATHs in future.

I'd rather see no ATHs in the future, than mining and hunting runs with 30% returns. All these ATHs and frequent uber loots mean that most players will normaly not be even near of breaking even and will eventualy leave the game.

I remember few months back i had 4 decent mining runs in a row. Firs run was about 115% return, second 90%, third 105% and fourth 95% and i had fun while doing this. I thought to myself that this is the way the game should be all the time. Then on the fift run i had 20% returns.

Imho, less ATHs would make the game more fun for everyone, but more ATHs would turn this game even more into a casino, where you either win a bit in the long run or lose big.

No offence, but this is how i feel about this matter and i'm sure that many others see it the same way.

I'd rather see no ATHs in the future, than mining and hunting runs with 30% returns. All these ATHs and frequent uber loots mean that most players will normaly not be even near of breaking even and will eventualy leave the game.

I remember few months back i had 4 decent mining runs in a row. Firs run was about 115% return, second 90%, third 105% and fourth 95% and i had fun while doing this. I thought to myself that this is the way the game should be all the time. Then on the fift run i had 20% returns.

Imho, less ATHs would make the game more fun for everyone, but more ATHs would turn this game even more into a casino, where you either win a bit in the long run or lose big.

No offence, but this is how i feel about this matter and i'm sure that many others see it the same way.
You grossly overestimate the impact the ATHs has on the general economy.

I'm not just talking about ATHs, but also about uber loots. Besides I was building on GoNi's sentence

About the suggestions:
1) I dont like any of the suggestions about mining.
2) Only idea about hunting i like is reduceing the frequency of nolooters.
3)Coloring armors would be cool, but would increace lag
5)Bday gifts are a good idea.
6) About the rest I dont have anything to say because i dont craft/ organise soc events/ own an apartment.

Back