Summer box orders with "negative" markup

miathan

Alpha
Society
Rangers
Alindrina Alli Golden
You might have seen strange orders on summer boxes in the AH:

index.php

As you probably know already it's not possible to create orders with more markup then 2^31 / 100 %.
This equates to ~2.1 PED on a box. Discussed here:
and other places.

However, I discovered that it is possible to create orders for more than 2.1 PED using the Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindark.eu.virtualtycoon
It's still a bit buggy though since the order will show up as negative % in AH. The order it self works though, it seems to only be a visual bug.
This bug is very likely to be caused by a signed integer overflow. I have already create a support ticket for this.

If you want to fulfil an order it is possible to calculate what the "real" markup is using this formula:
markup in AH + 42949672.96% (2^32 / 100 %)
Example: -16949472.96% + 42949672.96% = 26000200.00% => 2.60002 PED / Box

If you want to place an order you need to use the Android app.

You might have seen strange orders on summer boxes in the AH:

index.php

As you probably know already it's not possible to create orders with more markup then 2^31 / 100 %.
This equates to ~2.1 PED on a box. Discussed here:
and other places.

However, I discovered that it is possible to create orders for more than 2.1 PED using the Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindark.eu.virtualtycoon
It's still a bit buggy though since the order will show up as negative % in AH. The order it self works though, it seems to only be a visual bug.
This bug is very likely to be caused by a signed integer overflow. I have already create a support ticket for this.

If you want to fulfil an order it is possible to calculate what the "real" markup is using this formula:
markup in AH + 42949672.96% (2^32 / 100 %)
Example: -16949472.96% + 42949672.96% = 26000200.00% => 2.60002 PED / Box

If you want to place an order you need to use the Android app.
GG

This is why they should stop over complicating things and just make the boxes be TT+XX like deeds.
50 Boxes at 3 ped each = 150 ped.
10 Boxes at 3 ped each = 30 ped.
50 Boxes at 2.5 ped each = 125 ped.
10 boxes at 2.5 ped each = 25 ped.

It would work fine and not complicated.

The problem is, the ppl that did mention things in my post are now using this exploit to order box. And this is actually an exploit. Perhaps MA can bring this to an end eventually? Or will it drag out?

The problem is, the ppl that did mention things in my post are now using this exploit to order box. And this is actually an exploit. Perhaps MA can bring this to an end eventually? Or will it drag out?

Why it is exploit? Everyone can use app and make orders like that, no?

Back