Summer hunting competition! 15/6 - 15/8

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
ANNOUNCEMENT!

On behalf of Neomaven, Beene and myself I hereby invite you all to our joint Summer Competition! :cheer:

[wrap=left]http://www.pe-trade.net/map1.bmp[/wrap]AREAS

Together we have 5 land areas with a variety of mobs!

In the far north(1) we have a wonderful area filled with exarosaurs and berycled.

If you find those to be too easy we have included a really nice spot for atraxes in the maturity provider-dominant(4).

Should you prefer some less rapid mobs we have two wonderful areas of both young(5) and high end(3) Longu!

Finally we have a great land covered with young ambulimax at Neas place(2)

RULES

In order to make cheating as hard as possible we have decided to keep going with the eurolottery numbers for deciding a winner.
We have included a twist though to increase the chances of the non-imk2 hunters and to encourage variety!

As in previous competitions you need to get a global on any of the land areas on the map and post a screenshot of it in this thread to participate. Both hunting and miningglobals allowed.
However! For the first global on every land you receive 5 entries in the competition. For the second you receive 4 entries. For the 3rd you get 3 entries, for the fourth you receive 2 entries, and for every global beyond that you receive 1 entry per global on that land area.
In other words if you get 5 globals on one area you get 5+4+3+2+1 = 15 entries in the competition.
If you instead get 1 global on each land you get 5+5+5+5+5 = 25 entries. For clarification of how the drawing is done check the last section of this post.

TEAMS

Special rules apply for teams!
To avoid further complexity teamglobals will only give one entry each regardless. When posting a teamglobal please post the full avatar names of everyone on your team. Should a team win we will give the prize to the one that made the post here on EF. It will then be up to the team how to split it.

PRIZES

The winner of the summer competition-06 will receive an Adjusted Omegaton Fast Aid Pack!
As a follow-up prize we will give away Five hundred thousand pecs! :)

SCREENSHOT REQUIREMENTS AND DRAWING MODEL

How to take a screenshot
1. Press C and P so that time and coordinates appear
2. Make sure the global message is still visible in the chat area. If not expand the chat.
3. Presss "print screen"
4. Either minimize or close EU. Then open ms paint or another image program and paste the image by pressing ctrl+v or choosing "paste" in the menu.
5. Save the image to your local harddrive. When the save dialog is open make sure you choose the JPG or JPEG file format.
6. Visit this site and click "gallery", then "upload". Follow the instructions there.

Each screenshot MUST have TIME and COORDINATES along with the global message displayed in the chat area. This is achieved by pressing C and P before taking the screenshot. The screenshot must be submitted during 24hours after the global to be valid. For a miningglobal the screenshot MUST be taken in the 3rd person view so that both the landscape and the claim rod are visible, plus the global message, date/time and coordinates.

Each entry gives you a (lucky?) number for the drawing. We start at zero. The first global will get the numbers 0-4. From there you will get numbers in the sequence you get the globals (not when they are submitted).

The random selection of the winner this will be done by putting all 7 numbers from the Euromillions, but with the zeros removed from the 'lucky star' numbers, and take this numbers Modulo total entries in the competition.
I will make a more detailed explanation of this later, but for now look in this thread. The drawing model will be the same.

Time of drawing will be the 18th of august. In other words you got 61 days to gather your entries :)

fap.jpg

PS: If you find spelling errors please send them in private message to me to avoid cluttering the thread. I will update this post over the next days to get it right.

Last edited:
Another great competition Akoz.

Good luck to all the contestants!

PS: so glad I cought second post :p

*drooling over the adjusted fastpack*

Cool! A contest in areas I already hunt in! Thanks landowners. I'll definitely spend more time in your areas now. I'm going for 5 globals in each one.

Wonderful competition Akoz in my favorite hunting spots. I'll skip holidays and stay in EU :)

I have reduced the maturity level of the atrax spawns, so that lower level and opalo hunters have a good way to participate in this competition as well.

Let me know if I can do anything else to make this competition more fun!

Thanks!

neomaven said:
I have reduced the maturity level of the atrax spawns, so that lower level and opalo hunters have a good way to participate in this competition as well.

Thanks!

I love them lizzards and they rarely failed me on the loot side. I think you have a shopkeeper in there... maybe invite opalo users to some nice Breer (L) carbines :)

Note to newbies: Atraxes work just like Atrox, but they are easier to manage.

Well this should be fun, I'll try to get a few entries. :p The prize is too good to miss this. :)

Dangit Akoz, I globalled in (3) twice yesterday! :D

Chainfire-(5)-1

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Shall I open the ball then? :)

I'm not letting brother Chainfire win this without some competition!

1st Entry

Aaah, time to tear myself away from the troxies methinks! :)

Btw, might i suggest a seperate thread for screenshots only, and keep the discussions, scorekeeping and whatnot in this one for easier viewing?

2nd Entry

1st Entry

2nd Entry

And this is my start :

#1 in small Longu land

#1 in big Longu land

#2 in big Longu land

Which makes 5+5+4 = 14 entries if I understand the rules correctly

my first of many!

Last edited:
and #2

sure do wish i could get some items though lol!

My first entry...

Tox

Last edited:
3rd Entry

neomaven said:

Thanks!

Might wanna deacrese maturity some more. Atrax are opaloble up to guardian and I use 106. Some nasty old alphas there that kick my ass. I think leaving maturity up to guardians would be the way to go if u want opalo hunters on your land.

First entry in Neconu land makes 5+5+4+5 in total

My first entry.
Forgot to press C and P on the first one, so i guess it dosent count...
[br]Click to enlarge[/br][br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Wow, I globalled, and for got to screen right away. Lucky for me, I was checking the time right as I globalled. 2pics for 1 global ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br][br]Click to enlarge[/br]

neconu land 1st entry

Last edited:
Dunn said:
My first entry.
Forgot to press C and P on the first one, so i guess it dosent count...

No sorry it doesnt but 2nd one does ;)

My first entry :) thanks for :poke: :whisper: about the competition Dem :hug:

Hopefully a few more to come ;)

i have a question: is it a maximum to have 5*5 + 5*4 + 5*3 + 5*3 + 5* 2 + 5*1 entries or do 1pointers go unlimited?

Back