Summer is coming; any vacation plans?

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
Since summer is coming and many people make vacation plans during this period, I though on posting two videos about my area so maybe you'll consider it as a possible destination; if you're interested, feel free to ask me anything about surroundings, touristic objectives, average prices in the area or anything? And if you come visiting, free pancakes are on me; I would add that I offer my service as a local guide and also accept PEDs as payment, but that may be against rules, so I will actually not say it. :p

Have any other plans? Post them here and maybe inspire others; also, maybe starting from this, some people will manage to meet with fellow Entropian players from their respective destinations. :)

(I tried to post the videos in this thread, but since it didn't let me post them both in a post, I'll make two more posts, one for each of them)

Last edited:
City & surroundings:

City only:

I will not go anywhere in the summer but after in Sep-Oct i will be 2 months in Thailand.:yay:

I hate being a snooker noob. Might go to London to level up a bit.
Any hints on a good and cosy snooker club in London?

Sept & Oct. for me too....too many small children out in the summer. And weekends on the lake.

I have yet to set foot in Europe, have thought a lot about it though.

It may seem like a stupid question, but I am curious on what people consider to be the "heart of Europe"?

Whether it's a city, a group of cities, or a country. If you were an American visiting Europe for the first time, what are the "must-see" locations?

Just back from the Mosel wine valley in Deutschland, was fabulous. I highly recommend holidays in Germany and the Mosel is stunning. I fancy heading down to the Black Forest, then maybe down towards Austria next time.

Of course I am biased, but Scotland is a beautiful country :D

We shall pop across the pond to America too, not been in a few years so much much looking forward to it :)

Ps. Watch out for stranger danger with such offers doa!

It may seem like a stupid question, but I am curious on what people consider to be the "heart of Europe"?

Whether it's a city, a group of cities, or a country. If you were an American visiting Europe for the first time, what are the "must-see" locations?

It really depends of what you're looking for, but the one thing that you can't really find in US is history (ancient/medieval), so I imagine that this is one thing that most Americans visiting Europe would want to see.

For ancient times, that would definitely be Italy and Greece; for medieval times, most likely France, Germany and maybe England or Spain, so I guess if you are looking for a "heart" (connected states) this would be made by Italy - France - Germany.

Reasons why I still recommend Eastern Europe countries (like mine) is the difference in costs (for accommodation for example) - which can be as low as 20-25% (or even lower) of what you see on the countries mentioned before.

A nice link: http://www.europeanbestdestinations.com/top/best-castles-in-europe/

Maybe Rome or Paris if u into history and culture, althou the cities are more or less the same everywhere...

I would just go to Côte d'Azur at spring or summer, rent a convertible and just roam around with my friends. The locals are fantastic ppl and can speak good english as long as u remember to always start a conversation with a phrase in French. ;)

Here's me driving on a random highway near Rethymno, Crete (Fifth largest island in the Mediterranean Sea) :wtg:

Last edited:
Just renewed my passport and will be heading for the Caribbean but I also plan to visit Spain (again - I love it there). Anywhere there is a beach is really where I love to vacation. The videos are beautiful by the way.

Great post! The videos were beautiful!

Reactions: DoA
I have some plans DOA but you have to hit 18 first ;)

However, if I was going around the world, doing it like this would really be my preference :yup:

It would take a little longer than a summer though :laugh:

My plans is as always to be out on the sea at our summerhouse or on our island.

Boating, fishing and relaxing :beerchug:

gaddis.jpg

Speaking of Europe and Mongolia, and US for that matter. If I had the time and cash, I would love to try this:

If you haven't seen the series on netflix, it was really good, they also did a follow up a few years later called long way down. :)
Some guys did this:

Mongolia Nepal from June - September 2002 -- Mongolia, China, Tibet, Nepal
Nepal - Tehran (Iran ) from April to July 2007
Tehran ( Iran) - Addis Ababa (Ethiopia ) , January- February 2011
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia ) - Walvis Bay (Namibia ) , July-Oct 2014 -- Ethiopia, Kenya, Tansania, Sambia, Botswana, Namibia: 6000 km

Using bicycles. How's that for badass! :cool:

I know Taniil personally. An ordinary guy, wife, 3 kids, not much into sports or anything, nice modest person with a crazy hobby... which doesn't even take much money.
Their motto was (well, is): "Nothing's impossible unless proven otherwise!"

There's a short clip with them fooling around in Ethiopia after closing titles. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoA
My role model about travelling: Gary Arndt

Quoting from his home page: "In March 2007 I sold my house and have been traveling, blogging and taking photos around the world ever since. So far I have visited all 7 continents and over 175 countries and territories around the world."

Here some nice tips:
Amsterdam
Berlin
Copenhagen
Portugal
Switzerland
Barcelona

Of course, it have a lot more nice places.

Here some nice tips:
Amsterdam
Berlin
Copenhagen
Portugal
Switzerland
Barcelona

Of course, it have a lot more nice places.

You guys have it so easy. If you want the full "America" experience, you can just visit NYC, California, maybe Texas.

Europe is so much larger and more diverse than my small country :mad:

or... come to Eindhoven!

It´s the best place to relax after alot of work, totally disconnected :D

Looks fabulous, is the summer house on the island? Looks very peaceful, are the stars immense too ? :D just my sort of place. There are places here where the silence is deafening, the skies are so black and full of stars you could get lost all night in them. Bliss!

Looks fabulous, is the summer house on the island? Looks very peaceful, are the stars immense too ? :D just my sort of place. There are places here where the silence is deafening, the skies are so black and full of stars you could get lost all night in them. Bliss!

No the summerhouse is on another island, but im there all year around but still call it summerhouse :p
the place from the picture i just go to a few times a year and you cant hear anything there except animals and the water.

In the middle of the summer we dont get so dark, we have alot of sun hours, but in the fall its very dark instead :)

Back