Summer Mayhem 2020

I only found out today about this bug. And apparently people been abusing it for 2+ years (it's probably even longer, my guess is not long after pet got released).

It's a massive undertaking if MA is gonna check logs that far back and ban all people retroactively.

However what they can do is ban those fuckers who obviously knew about this and made profit renting these yog pets. Those who abused it a lot should get a ban like DannyO. And banned from all future events.

Also all pets should be blocked in mayhem ínstances to prevent something like this from happening again. You guys better not start servers again until you've blocked pets in the instance! :mad:

I don't even compete yet my blood is raging with fury. So can barely imagine how those who do it regularly and feel.

This, I got 6th place... wonder if anyone was using this exploit and beat me out...

We should be careful about calling for bans and skill resets for anyone who has used a Yog. Keep in mind how common Yog Hatchlings are as well as cheap and they still receive a 10% reload buff. We could be implicating a very large portion of the community that spends alot of ped. I am also certain that some players will feign ignorance of this "bug" while being users of it. Rather than try to crucify people and "prove intent" for something that isn't their fault, let's address the real issue that Mindark has not addressed yet regarding the buff for this particular pet. Was it intentional on Mindark's part to create a 25% reload speed pet and just never "tell" anyone? Or did they truly just not know how to add in an excavator speed only buff?

Stay with me here: Why would a Yog Horror cost 10k+ peds? Do people really think 25% excavator speed is worth $1,000 USD? I mean surely people should put 2 + 2 together and realize that something was "special" about this pet.

I think the resolution here is that Mindark needs to address a bug that they clearly have ignored for a long time, and proactively ensure that the playing field is leveled from here on out.

And please restock the item vendors.:eyecrazy:

We should be careful about calling for bans and skill resets for anyone who has used a Yog. Keep in mind how common Yog Hatchlings are as well as cheap and they still receive a 10% reload buff. We could be implicating a very large portion of the community that spends alot of ped. I am also certain that some players will feign ignorance of this "bug" while being users of it. Rather than try to crucify people and "prove intent" for something that isn't their fault, let's address the real issue that Mindark has not addressed yet regarding the buff for this particular pet. Was it intentional on Mindark's part to create a 25% reload speed pet and just never "tell" anyone? Or did they truly just not know how to add in an excavator speed only buff?

Stay with me here: Why would a Yog Horror cost 10k+ peds? Do people really think 25% excavator speed is worth $1,000 USD? I mean surely people should put 2 + 2 together and realize that something was "special" about this pet.

I think the resolution here is that Mindark needs to address a bug that they clearly have ignored for a long time, and proactively ensure that the playing field is leveled from here on out.

as someone who never mines, I never once even looked at the yog pets, being naïve thinking they did what they said, "increase excavation speed" I never checked the price of them either. but wow if this has been a thing for 2+ years.

my dumb-ass would always look in town wondering why hunters had yog pets, I thought they just liked the spider pet cause it looked cool. man im an idiot.

There's a big difference between many knowing about it and some borrowing it just for mayhems, a 'mining-only' pet. What are you going to extract with a 10k Yog in the mayhem instance? :)

I hope you are reffering to pills, not weapons.... If you are referring to the weapons, I hope they don't. A flood of such great weapons would damage the economy really bad long term, which is what MA wants to avoid.

MA, time to step up and stand by this:
[...]
MindArk takes the security and integrity of Entropia Universe very seriously [...]

Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

Im just amazed where did exploits went from trapping monsters to unlimited L end game armor (mayhem bug) to 55% reload to what next? Free ped deposit exploit?

I just read the posts here and simply ask myself why i am donating real earned cash to some exploiter.

MindArk please make a real statement because the level of abuse of your game conducts its way beyond any thoughts.

Right now im feeling like a thief left my house with my wallet!

its just sad.

I hope you are reffering to pills, not weapons.... If you are referring to the weapons, I hope they don't. A flood of such great weapons would damage the economy really bad long term, which is what MA wants to avoid.

Then what else are people supposed to buy with mayhem tokens? It doesn't have to be the same weapons, how bout some new weapons and tools. But the vendors are out of many weapons that would be utilizable for mid-level players.

Can I log in so I can pay the cheaters & the shitty devs?

I guess My is enjoying a long weekend?

Then what else are people supposed to buy with mayhem tokens? It doesn't have to be the same weapons, how bout some new weapons and tools. But the vendors are out of many weapons that would be utilizable for mid-level players.

Bring on the MindForce and Powerfists.

Then many mid-level players are very happy with good gear, time to make some high-level players happy, top 3 level weapons are untouched, so many healing tools still there... plenty of pills to open a big pharma ingame...

Some tools could be nice indeed, some new stuff yeah, but not a restock of the old items, that will most likely not happen imo. It would be a mistake.

There's a big difference between many knowing about it and some borrowing it just for mayhems, a 'mining-only' pet. What are you going to extract with a 10k Yog in the mayhem instance? :)

MA, time to step up and stand by this:

True, but if the game is growing, should be some restock.
But I trust that MA can check numbers as always and figure out if need to add more items or not.:wise:

What is even the point of dropping M Tokens if you can't buy gear with them?

You say we shouldn't be able to buy UL gear with them because, "that would ruin the economy," but who's going to hunt when all you get is shrap and useless M tokens?

Game is back up.
A surprise came from the fact that some of the entries in the assault were removed from the board.

In this video, at 30 seconds, you can see that the person making "weird" movements, suspected of using a PvP cheat (bot), is also using a Yog Horror.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?316480-Clear-proof-of-aimbot

But it's probably a coincidence. :rolleyes:

His friend also using a Yog, mining must be good in PvP Fort Event. :wtg:

By the way, the fact that every time we hear about a new cheat, we end up with people from the same society is certainly a coincidence too..

Indeed this bug is probably exploited since a long time.
Probably since the Yog have been around.

I think that reading the comments we realize that most players are getting really fed up with cheaters.
And I sincerely hope that MA will finally understand that the fight against cheating of all kinds must become their top priority.

Just a reminder: This game is a RCE... :yup:

Last edited:
People wait MA always take time for check how players get place on Event?
But MA didnt see THAT?

I think that like you didnt see a Big cow in your room. How that possible?

Surely, this exploit, if used in this and/or past events, makes Danny's recent episode look like a minor "misdemeanor".

Danny's was aiming to take somehow indirect advantage, this exploit would be straight at getting (major) financial benefit. They are on a different scale altogether, and should be equally investigated and result in much harsher penalties, imo.

At the moment, the entire game is structured so that Mayhem events are the coronation of daily activities and the ultimate rewards, so this undermines the entire "raison d'etre" of the game we all love.

I totally agree! Of course I still think that that Danny guy should have got punished... but..

THIS!! I truelly hope they punish these cheaters HARD. Why the fuck didn't anyone report to MA about this if it was many ppl that was aware of this bug!?!?

I also really really really hope that MA checks the logs on all previous Mayhems and correct every score board that had a cheater in top 10!

//Eson

I'm definitely with you on banning exploiters.

But just banning all players who used the pets might be a dangerous road to travel.

A case could be made for the people who own these pets, that they were just spawning the pets to level them. Not everyone who spawned the pets were innocent, but there had to have been some. There had to have been a few people who may not have even been aware of the exploit, and by virtue of just spawning their pet they might get banned? That doesn't seem fair either.

The difficult part here is going to be proving intention.

Without some sort of chat log or evidence that the person knew about the pet exploit how are you going to prove intention?

With the money people invest in Mayhem, I think it's worth at least doing some digging. Searching player's chat history for keywords like "yog" etc. Maybe these players talked about the buff and were well aware of the buff, in which case if they used it, knowing it was an exploit that gave them an advantage, I'd like to see MA take some sort of punitive action against them.

I'm not defending cheaters/exploiters. I'm just putting forth the idea that MA should be careful with the ban hammer and not just ban everyone that owned or spawned the pet, without looking into it, because we don't want to see innocent people get punished for the actions of the exploiters.

I don't envy MA's position here. They're likely to have a group of upset people with w.e. decision they make. Hopefully justice is carried out as equitable as possible without harming or hindering innocent players in the process.

Not all that had the pets should be punished... but..

ALL that had the pets AND used them in Mayhems, Landgrabs or other competetive/exploit ways, even for example shared mobs, should be punished VERY HARD

All avatars that knew about the exploit and used it to exploit - and didn't report it to MA - they are for sure very very guilty!

//Eson

I am sorry but the moment someone mentions "be careful because this guy spends alot" just makes me furious... That is a blackmail attempt.

Simply put... Blackmail... You cheat or anyone for that matters, and regardless of what "you do to the game" you must be punished, otherwise the game itself will lose a lot more than your ped or anyone's... it'll lose credibility. And once it does, nobody will play it regardless and all the investments everyone has here will be for naught.

So no. Blackmailing won't cut it for me... And I am sure many others feel the same way.

"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear." :computer:

When not sure JUST YOGG IT ! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: !
Buying pills gear weapons rings hahahaha So useles ! just yogg it ! hahaha

Last edited:
Stacking pills is an exploit? :scratch2:

Stacking pills is an exploit? :scratch2:

there is no exploit!!!

matrix-spoon-408x300.jpg

Please keep the discussion in this thread on topic, and remember the forum rules:

2.2 - Insults/Flaming
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts are not permitted. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the Community Staff without notice and the offending member may be temporarily or permanently banned without notice. It is important to keep in mind that PlanetCalypsoForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior or language in one country may not be acceptable in others. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members and forum staff, along with constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted. Such threads will be removed without notice, since they often promote an escalation of rudeness, insults, and flaming. If you feel that another member has attacked you unfairly, send a private message to a forum moderator or administrator. If you feel that an Entropia Universe participant has wronged, defrauded or harassed you, file a support case at PlanetCalypso.com.

2.13 - Scamming Accusation
Accusations of scamming that name specific real-world persons, Entropia Universe avatars or PlanetCalypsoForum.com members are NOT permitted. Providing other identifying information about accused persons or avatars is also not permitted, such as but not limited to: society names, nicknames, owned gear, equipment, estates, etc. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

How about actually doing something relevant about the complaints IN this thread?

That's not Ludvig's job.

His job is to to moderate the forum, and to pass along community feedback to the MA developers, which he does regularly.

If you want more direct communication with MindArk on issues you feel are important, submit a support case.

:wise:

That's not Ludvig's job.

His job is to to moderate the forum, and to pass along community feedback to the MA developers, which he does regularly.

If you want more direct communication with MindArk on issues you feel are important, submit a support case.

When support cases get answered in under 3 years (I have 5 open ones), I will do that.

Until then, it will be PCF since that seems to get their attention.

Reactions: San
When support cases get answered in under 3 years (I have 5 open ones), I will do that.

That's not Ludvig's job.

Yeah the reality is that the needs of the community are not adequately addressed in support cases so PCF moderators will continue to have one the shittiest jobs known to man.

Sidebar - Ludvig coming in here and saying ANYTHING other than "i've passed this along" is a shit look and a simple statement of "we're addressing community concerns" whether true or not, would have done more for this thread than reminding a slew of pissed off players to stay on topic.

Well, if you continue to ignore warnings from forum staff and derail threads with off-topic posts and "demands" for attention to issues you deem important, you will be taking a vacation from the forum.

I`m with the people posting above on this issue.

My previous post was deleted, reason:
Off-topic, personal attacks

I did not attack anyone, I only informed a participant (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/member.php?26642-anonimity ) in Entropia Universe that another participant is a real person, because I know her personally, and I asked him to to stop spreading wrong info about her.

Worst case scenario, the reason for deleting my post should have been:
answer to deleted post
I do NOT like to have this "Off-topic, personal attacks" tag hanging on my neck and ruining my reputation.

Also, yes, Mindark should carry more about actual cheaters ruining their reputation, and their game reputation, and carry less about me....

Back